test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing the Dragonborn Race

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited October 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey Everyone,

We're happy to announce the Dragonborn, the newest race coming to Neverwinter with Module 4: Tyranny of Dragons.

Learn more about the Dragonborn and find out how you can unlock the newest race: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/6005753-become-a-dragonborn-legend-today%21

-Dwight
zebular wrote: »
Moderator Update:
When selecting the dragonborn, you can choose two of the following +2 stats:
+2 Strength
+2 Constitution
+2 Dexterity
+2 intelligence
+2 Wisdom
+2 Charisma

Looks like people are asking about the stats and racial powers - Dragonborn get +2 to any 2 stats, you get to pick which 2 during character creation. You cannot pick the same stat twice. The racial powers as currently planned for launch (note we're still on preview, and while we don't have any changes planned for these right now, it's possible something could change) are:

Draconic Heritage
You receive 5% more healing from all sources.

Draconic Fury
You have a 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Dragonborn Fury to yourself for 6 seconds, increasing your Power and Critical Strike by 3%.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited July 2014
    Note the date listed for the sale: July 22nd. That's two days ago. Do you see it for sale anywhere? Charge Rewards are being ignored. And they have another 'spend your zen for rewards' promotion going. I don't think everyone's operating off the same schedule over there anymore.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    According to that, the pack went on sale two days before it was announced.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So Dragonborn will be not free to play :)

My most problem why shoud i buy somthing if i dont even know the stats of DB race just for the look?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • dominokodominoko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please tell me they will release the race for free at some point...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    95 Euros - that is the cost of 2 new AAA games ^^

One other interesting point is that they are also introducing 30 slot bags....
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dominoko wrote: »
    Please tell me they will release the race for free at some point...

no. the pack is permament. but i can be wrong
  • bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    So Dragonborn will be not free to play :)

At first Drow wasn't either - the HotN Pack came with the Menzoberranzan Renegade race. Drow only came about 60 days after release of the game.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh, and the link to buy the pack doesn't work.

Once more, with feeling?
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So Dragonborn will be not free to play

My most problem why shoud i buy somthing if i dont even know the stats of DB race just for the look?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    so do we think the additional items are account wide or 1 time?

Oh and anyone have a link that works... =P
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • larethiancorelonlarethiancorelon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Probably this race will be free to choose on Preview server (I hope so!).
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014

My thoughts exactly... We dont know the benefits, also the link to buy doesnt work....

Can you guys please post the stats and everything so we can see what we get? I dont even know the price - hopefully you guys dont overprice this AND make the race worthless (as I have posted before)

If this is going to be a +2CHA and either +2Con or Str... count me out as itll be a joke for any true fighter class in this game.

Hopefully there was some thought here into how to translate this over to NW and not just a copy/paste from the PnP....
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    eh I dont really care. Nothing in the pack I even remotely care about either. I'm fine with skipping this up. Dont beleive in buying such an expensive pack just for a race anyway. The race should be seperate and on its own to buy.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bazgc wrote: »
    At first Drow wasn't either - the HotN Pack came with the Menzoberranzan Renegade race.
    Do you see any fancy name for the race in this pack, like "Menzoberranzan Renegade" was back then? They use the "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Menzoberranzan Renegade" name to differentiate the two "races". These are plainly called Dragonborn. In other words,[/FONT] I don't think we will see a free Dragonborn race.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And it works.. and WOW 100 bucks lol.

NOPE NEVER GOING FREE!
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Am I the only one who thinks Those looks like Lizards/Geckos and NO WAY look like dragon kind ?

Possible this Isnt the finished version if so can I ask some one to do some History on Dragon Born Kind? Look at teras Dragon kind as an example the male version looks amazing...... female meh.....
    edited July 2014
    dwightmc,

Ive got my Credit Card out - looks like the link works now ($99 base price) now is $75. Just tell me the racial bonuses and ill either charge or not.

Hopefully you guys read the forums about this and are not doing +2 CHA as the base, but +2 Con as suggested.....
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Link to buy:http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/495-dragonborn-legend-pack

and it's $100, $75 if you buy before Mod4.

completely overpriced for what you get. but hey, its Cryptic so i kinda expected that.

they'll also be shooting themselves in the foot if they dont make it possible to but the Dragonborn Race separately, as thats all i really want (and i'm sure alot of other ppl agree) and i'm not paying $100 just for a race option
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • mihelsmihels Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • whoamireallywhoamireally Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wish we got more details on the racial bonuses/attributes. It is a stretch for me to consider buying another race after my experience with moon elves. Would be a riot if they were just a slightly tweaked half orc.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wish we knew the stat bonuses and passive of dragonbourn and the stats of the artifact at legendary.
    edited July 2014
    mihels wrote: »

Shows no stats and only

"You have a 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Dragonborn Fury to yourself for 6 seconds, increasing your Power and Crit by 3%."

Is that 3% OF your crit, or crit by 3%... I wonder... Seems decent if its 5% chance to increase crit by base 3% for 6 seconds. With GPF this could be up quite a bit....
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    IC:
    *hisses and swears in abyssal*

Oh well...more of my kind to shorten their numbers...
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Currently on sale for $75. The bag doesn't specify if it's a one-time claim or if you can get it on each character on your account. If it's claimable by all characters on an account I might be tempted to buy this pack. Otherwise not having a companion or a mount makes it a hard sell to me.
  • hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited July 2014
    the Dragonborn Pack is too expensive for the features inside.
    All those things can be grinded ... and with the pack you dont even get some account wide mount or companion like feywild pack :/ (which cost 50 eur)...
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hiukulimus wrote: »
    the Dragonborn Pack is too expensive for the features inside.
    All those things can be grinded ... and with the pack you dont even get some account wide mount or companion like feywild pack :/ (which cost 50 eur)...

Was just going to post the same thing, pretty weak for the price as most are just a single time claim, and the single claim glyphs are even only temporary. Would at least have expected a companion and/or mount for that price, maybe it gets upgraded like the original packs were...
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    come on cryptic?! ..Really ?!
    this is good news, but i feel ripped off

€94.99 €71.24 We have to Pay for the new Race ?! or i misunderstood something

I was surprised when I read this and now...im without words
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
This discussion has been closed.