Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    This.

I AM NOT talking about the capstone. I think that is fine. I am talking about the T4 feat where you slot "destroyer" class feature, and feat it 5/5 points to gain a 25% chance to gain a stack off ANY attack.

This is what causes insane damage - because you combine even just 2 stacks of this + Destoryer Capstone and have near DOUBLE damage.

So removing THIS feature from PVP will not nerf the class in its entirety, but it will remove those CRAZY takedown crits for 12k. Those 12k hits, will be more like 6-7k at full stacks IN unstoppable.

While its not a MAJOR issue, this is what is causing the massive damage spikes.

I FIRMLY believe they need to un-nerf the class. The change to Roar/Unstoppable Recovery will already nerf the tankiness ALOT - trust me. So the biggest issue people were having is the crazy crits we could get, the 17k+ IBS, the 12k takedowns. This was only possible from the Destroyer Class Feature where you gain a ~40% (I think its like 39%) damage boost from this feat.

Remove this and DEstroyers will end up slotting Weapon master (more crit) or trample the fallen (15% more damage) but its only to CONTROLLED targets. So it reduces some of the damage from those random 12k+ takedowns.

Will it still hurt? YOU BETCHA! But itll require more "skill" and "work" to do - even WITH takedown prone.

I am FINE with FLS being a stun, like I said you can feat it so it retains decent control, and wont bypass deflect now, which BTW ALREADY nerfs GWFs "combo" of FLS->Takedown->IBS. Because FLS proned, so now takedown - WONT bypass deflect and WONT benefit from the 40% dmg boost possible from the T4 feat.

Total damage loss, but the GWF (being a fighter... cmon guys...) retiains SOME level of melee control AND the ability to use takedown to set up an IBS. IBS will lose some damage too from this, so that 17k+ Crit will turn back down to 12-14k. So it would NEED to have a way to bypass deflect via prone to be any good.

Right now the solution is to remove the prone but leave the damage, this will only STILL create criers who STILL get hit for 17k+ because they have low deflect and no tenacity. Removing the feat, but giving the prone reduces damage so its a better "average" damage and less of a MASSIVE "range" of damage possibilities.

EDIT: To clarify when I say remove the feat, I mean to reduce the proc chance so low that it doesnt benefit PVPers who attack in short bursts. What need to happen to the feat is give a LOW proc chance of say 5% off ANY attack, it still gives a bonus when attacking 3 things or more, but make the stacks last for maybe 5-6 seconds instead of I think 3... This makes it MORE a PVE feat and much less reliable damage in PVP - which is NEEDED.

I don't understand the the devs listen to people who don't know what they're talking about but don't listen to this dude
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Its just shy of 40% damage boost, not 25%. If you dont believe me go to ToB and SS your TT before and after, then take the after and divide it by the before and youll see a numer that looks like 1.39.... on your calculator. That means a 39% dmg boost aka 40%.

the "focusad destroyer" (which uses the feature class destroyer) is the feet of the "3 stacks" (25% is the chance of accumulating each stack). you are making a mess of name. and the variation is not much higher than the original (m1 and m2 is 29.5... yeah... you loose debuff party for this).

destroyer porpose = 20 stacks / unstoppable.

anyway, does not seem to me that the damage is the problem of gwf in pvp.

imagine that gwf is a video game boss. there are those that are fast, hit hard, but are "meh" resistant, and there are those who hit VERY strong, are resistant, but for lack of shift you need to keep away (not coincidentally this type of monster has stun effect).

iv had the best of both listed (although damage is contingent). the current gwf not have the "close gap", no hits hard - contigent damage -and is not resistant. this is the problem.

seems more democratic if, after this cut in tr/prones, both iv and sm, hit strong.

I must insist: what is the projection for the class? now he is not competitive in pve or pvp.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    edit post:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This.

I AM NOT talking about the capstone. I think that is fine. I am talking about the T4 feat where you slot "destroyer" class feature, and feat it 5/5 points to gain a 25% chance to gain a stack off ANY attack.

This is what causes insane damage - because you combine even just 2 stacks of this + Destoryer Capstone and have near DOUBLE damage.

So removing THIS feature from PVP will not nerf the class in its entirety, but it will remove those CRAZY takedown crits for 12k. Those 12k hits, will be more like 6-7k at full stacks IN unstoppable.

While its not a MAJOR issue, this is what is causing the massive damage spikes.

I FIRMLY believe they need to un-nerf the class. The change to Roar/Unstoppable Recovery will already nerf the tankiness ALOT - trust me. So the biggest issue people were having is the crazy crits we could get, the 17k+ IBS, the 12k takedowns. This was only possible from the Destroyer Class Feature where you gain a ~40% (I think its like 39%) damage boost from this feat.

Remove this and DEstroyers will end up slotting Weapon master (more crit) or trample the fallen (15% more damage) but its only to CONTROLLED targets. So it reduces some of the damage from those random 12k+ takedowns.

Will it still hurt? YOU BETCHA! But itll require more "skill" and "work" to do - even WITH takedown prone.

I am FINE with FLS being a stun, like I said you can feat it so it retains decent control, and wont bypass deflect now, which BTW ALREADY nerfs GWFs "combo" of FLS->Takedown->IBS. Because FLS proned, so now takedown - WONT bypass deflect and WONT benefit from the 40% dmg boost possible from the T4 feat.

Total damage loss, but the GWF (being a fighter... cmon guys...) retiains SOME level of melee control AND the ability to use takedown to set up an IBS. IBS will lose some damage too from this, so that 17k+ Crit will turn back down to 12-14k. So it would NEED to have a way to bypass deflect via prone to be any good.

Right now the solution is to remove the prone but leave the damage, this will only STILL create criers who STILL get hit for 17k+ because they have low deflect and no tenacity. Removing the feat, but giving the prone reduces damage so its a better "average" damage and less of a MASSIVE "range" of damage possibilities.

EDIT: To clarify when I say remove the feat, I mean to reduce the proc chance so low that it doesnt benefit PVPers who attack in short bursts. What need to happen to the feat is give a LOW proc chance of say 5% off ANY attack, it still gives a bonus when attacking 3 things or more, but make the stacks last for maybe 5-6 seconds instead of I think 3... This makes it MORE a PVE feat and much less reliable damage in PVP - which is NEEDED.

the problem is: iv is not gwf. gwf in general need a projection. not iv. the base damage of gwf is not naturally high. the problems created by iv, and this can be seen in any gameplay, is due to inability of the enemy breathing or develop a plan. enemy "x" try run, tr approaches, gwf control, "x" receives damage, tries to escape again, tr approaches again . yes, against this you need nerf the damage. but this is not a gwf (sm or pre-paragon). this is iv. a "new class" in a old class.

try sustain the focused destroyer (3sec) using a gwf without tr.

but the point is: I really do not care for pvp. if it were 10%/25% for pvp/pve, ok. the problem is that they act as if a gwf/sm is op. it is not. sm does not offer any skill that is a big advantage for pve or pvp. you could play without choosing paragon and not make much difference.

at the same time who are "balancing iv" should be balancing sm. this paragon is so outdated that has a class feature that reduces the effects of control against you. why a "dps paragon" (or gwf in general) need this? why this is not change by a good dps class feature?
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I tested it right now and i must say you are doing something wrong. Can you make a video with your build, your stats and method used to calculate the "Focused destroyer" buff damage? cause i always get around +22% (max were with AoW set, which gave me around your 40%, but this were due i got "ongslaugh", just due that). I will rec a video about what im doing on this test to compare it with yours... but, into the matter, i am getting around +22% buff damage instead of your 40%.

Give me a few minutes to finish patching and ill post SS before and after.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I tested it right now and i must say you are doing something wrong. Can you make a video with your build, your stats and method used to calculate the "Focused destroyer" buff damage? cause i always get around +22% (max were with AoW set, which gave me around your 40%, but this were due i got "ongslaugh", just due that). I will rec a video about what im doing on this test to compare it with yours... but, into the matter, i am getting around +22% buff damage instead of your 40%.
    kinda same here only around 22% dmg buff i dont know where ayroux got 40% from, i heard there was a bug that let u reach that number but it was fixed few weeks ago i think
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kfkg_zps07e26294.jpg

only focused destroyer buff. 37.5% (up to 29.5 module 1/2).

ps: +/-8800 power/ 26 force (heroic feet bonus). that is a great base damage?

ps: yes. for the module 2, this buff now is only +8% damage. you change 15% debuff for 40% cap bonus+a fake executioner style/fast cooldown of 3 powers (2 nerfed control+ one low buff power).

and that is the super gwf. now: that is much better than the module 1 gwf? (after resistance nerf) i dont know... is ok, only ok.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if the devs are actually reading your posts guys, I see other feedback threads were the players aren't even complaining about anything and they keep getting buffs, check the HR just got more deflection i.e, the GF got a crazy buff of 50% more power for the party and what did we get for the GWFs? Reduced base damage in a couple of skills, no more prone but stun, threatening rush is stupid now, instigator tree is useless, we haven't received any good news lately.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if the devs are actually reading your posts guys, I see other feedback threads were the players aren't even complaining about anything and they keep getting buffs, check the HR just got more deflection i.e, the GF got a crazy buff of 50% more power for the party and what did we get for the GWFs? Reduced base damage in a couple of skills, no more prone but stun, threatening rush is stupid now, instigator tree is useless, we haven't received any good news lately.

I talk for sport (or try create a demand). I have the impression that he did not read what I write.

ps:bf_zps7e2f2798.jpg

bf bonus: after all that demagoguery about dps x tanker, either players or devs, this difference seems fair? i said, and the post was deleted, this thread is a joke. but say "the joke is joke" is the problem. sustain a joke, no.

unfortunately the best I can do here is an appeal to the moral sense of those responsible for the game. if exist, this power will be buffed, if not, this post will be deleted by flame mimiimi.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Zacazu is correct.

Here is my SS showing zero character buff changes.

http://justpaste.it/g9qv

I am getting 37.5% damage boost from the T4 feat. BTW I just noticed - I lost a stack of my "Fire Buff" Which is about 1% Damage... so maybe its 38.5%.... Too lazy to test forsure but its clearly just shy of 40%.

My 40% must have been from triggering Madness 600 power which accounts for the remaining ~3% since I would take the base without attacking, then with GPF I have almost 100% uptime - my bad I was off by 2.5% :)

So YES. 37.5% damage boost from the T4 feat. I think this needs to be a PVE focused feat IMO is something like this:

- Focused Destroyer: Still grants bonus damage per stack. But what about "Destroyer now has a 50% to gain a stack when attacking 2 or more enemies" ?

Also - the BASE duration of these stacks should be doubled!

This makes it a VERY good PVE feat - which it should be - but reduces the damage potential in PVP alot.

Again, the issues in PVP are:
    1) LIVE - the regen from Unstoppable Recovery is HUGE
    2) the 8 sec CD Roar with a 2 sec stun THAT BUILDS DETERMINATION

All combined with the HUGE damage spikes from Focused Destroyer - providing 37.5% damage boost to attacks.

You add that to the 50% capstone and again your at INSANE damage.

The solution isnt (for PVP) to reduce tankiness or remove control - a GWF is a FIGHTER, they NEED to control in melee range to be effective and NEED to be able to GET to melee range to be effective!

The solution is to remove SOME of the burst damage that IMO shouldnt be there - via focused destroyer.

Again, with the roar nerf (fix) and FLS no longer Proning, this will require alot more skill involved with the GWF than before. We DONT need Sprint CC immunity or DR, we dont NEED damage nerfs to skills.

1) Fix Roar - DONE.
    2) Fix Unstoppable Recovery - DONE.
    3) RE-work Focused Destroyer to a PVE ability - NEEDED
    4) UN-NERF takedown Prone/Damage - NEEDED
    5) Keep FLS as a stun - DONE
    6) REMOVE SPRINT DR/CC IMMUNITY - NEEDED
    7) If you want to Nerf Unstoppable for Destroyers I posted a creative way of doing this.
    - Destroyer's Purpose stacks boost damage and decrease Unstoppable's effectiveness by X % (see previous post detailing this out) The idea here is that at MAX stacks (40% damage boost) Unstoppable is 40% LESS effective meaning your at your 15-30% DR (from 25-50%). So for each stack essentially it would reduce Unstoppable by 2% in effectiveness (a multiplier) not a flat decrease. BTW this works SO well because it keeps Unstoppable for INST and SENT across the board and allows a Destroyer GWF to have its tankiness when he doesnt have his damage boosts.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UPDATE:

TAKEDONW PRONE IS EVEN MORE IMPERATIVE NOW THAT HRS ARE HAVING MASSIVE DEFLECT!!!!!

Please Crush, consider what good a GWF will be if they have a hard time CATCHING an HR, when they do the HR has 60% deflect chance and its a good shot our IBS at max Dest stacks ETC will deal VERY little damage.

The Prone->IBS setup is whats makes the spec good, it requires TWO encounters to be used together, and often requires you to save your IBS for that prone.

All of these changes - I will NOT be playing my GWF, just saying. I know many others feel the same way (again I dont care about being OP, I case about it being fun)
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kinda same here only around 22% dmg buff i dont know where ayroux got 40% from, i heard there was a bug that let u reach that number but it was fixed few weeks ago i think

Its 37.5% damage boost with the feat and class feature at max: 3 stacks of 9% and 3.5% more damage per stack (feat)

Proof:

Unbuffed: ea7fb7a881.jpg
    3 stacks (without feat) = 26.95%: 76120e8a60.jpg
    3 stacks (with feat) = 37.47%: b71dc7f841.jpg

Where are you getting this magical number of 22% from? Also, the bug from before was allowing ~42.3% due how the damage bonus being calculated wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    - Focused Destroyer: Still grants bonus damage per stack. But what about "Destroyer now has a 50% to gain a stack when attacking 2 or more enemies" ?

historical said: this "25% chance stacks "has the property that do not lose the bonus after the number of enemies down for 1 (cw in party, you dont have chance to hit 2 or more for much time).

again: sustain this bonus in pvp is simple only using iv. YES iv need a nerf (i explain why) gwf/sm no. this need... i dont say a buff, but a personality.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Personally, I would hate if it did that simply because its mostly useless in a boss fight (since you are most likely attacking only the boss, 1 target). So, both of our class features that give direct extra damage for IV (Trample the Fallen and Destroyer) become useless for boss fights.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    historical said: this "25% chance stacks "has the property that do not lose the bonus after the number of enemies down for 1 (cw in party, you dont have chance to hit 2 or more for much time).

again: sustain this bonus in pvp is simple only using iv. YES iv need a nerf (i explain why) gwf/sm no. this need... i dont say a buff, but a personality.

Thats a fair point. Plus on Boss fights as well. Im just trying to figure a way to make this a viable option for PVE without making it SO good in PVP.

In PVE IMO the stack duration should increase - or heck - should proc from weapon enchants maybe.

In PVP IMO this shouldnt be THAT viable.

What if its was given only a 5% chance to stack off any hit, but the duration of each stack was boosted to say 10 seconds? Then the Initial feat itself was brought down to 2 enemies (from 3) for a proc.

This gives you ability to keep stacking it in PVE in many fights, but makes it too improbable for PVP.

Also both IV and SM can get this going IF (hopefully) they bring back Prones/control to GWFs. When you Unstoppable+takedown someone or Unstoppable+FLS stun someone you can easily get off many attacks, or times when players have no stamina to dodge left, you can get attacks - to get procs.

In PVE if it lasts 10 seconds, you should be able to build and keep it fairly easily. Only issue would be boss fights when its 1 target and MAYBE you cant get a proc in 10 seconds with only 5% chance. But we all know alot of boss fights include adds as well - to re-proc that.

Also if there are no adds, CWs will be pitiful damage which still makes Destroyers look good. Plus TRs SHOULD be the best solo strikers and CWs should be better solo strikers.....
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    the simple solution for pve vs pvp, my friend. is create damage buffs based on the difference between your hp and the hp of the enemy. an enemy that has a 5x amount of hp receive 5x more damage (5x is the limit? 2x? 10% by hp amount? that not the point).

the dev said that it is not possible to program, I understand. if he said that is stupidy - and is good say why - i will understand... maybe scream a little. but he NEVER answered any of my ideas.

why is so hard use a solution given by a player base? yes, I will scream for the world is that idea is mine (uhul; iam still poor). but what's the point? you solve a historical problem.

now, after all that dps vs tank, and the flame war in the forum and a nerf in unstoppable, give 40/50% DAMAGE BONUS FOR A GF ENCOUNTER is really outrageous. what you expect me to say? this thread is a joke.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Bravery class feature- can we get our old bravery the +15% deflect one back?with current nerf to unstoppable some more deflect wouldnt hurt.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Thats a fair point. Plus on Boss fights as well. Im just trying to figure a way to make this a viable option for PVE without making it SO good in PVP.

In PVE IMO the stack duration should increase - or heck - should proc from weapon enchants maybe.

In PVP IMO this shouldnt be THAT viable.

What if its was given only a 5% chance to stack off any hit, but the duration of each stack was boosted to say 10 seconds? Then the Initial feat itself was brought down to 2 enemies (from 3) for a proc.

This gives you ability to keep stacking it in PVE in many fights, but makes it too improbable for PVP.

Also both IV and SM can get this going IF (hopefully) they bring back Prones/control to GWFs. When you Unstoppable+takedown someone or Unstoppable+FLS stun someone you can easily get off many attacks, or times when players have no stamina to dodge left, you can get attacks - to get procs.

In PVE if it lasts 10 seconds, you should be able to build and keep it fairly easily. Only issue would be boss fights when its 1 target and MAYBE you cant get a proc in 10 seconds with only 5% chance. But we all know alot of boss fights include adds as well - to re-proc that.

Also if there are no adds, CWs will be pitiful damage which still makes Destroyers look good. Plus TRs SHOULD be the best solo strikers and CWs should be better solo strikers.....

I don't know if 10s is enough for lousy 5%. At least you need ~20 hits to proc it. Why not disabling stacking from Weapon enchantment? That would be fair and would let 15% with 10s+ seem proc enough in PvE.
    Not all Destroyer run Damage Weapon enchantment(the ones with huge crit chance).

But what most doesn't seem to check is, that the destroyer only get minor buffs. Yes +10.5% for Destroyer stacks. +40% for Capstone. But all forget, that the bugfix of DG reduce the damage for the most GWF(aren't you Q.Q ayroux about that before?) with about ~25%+?

40% seem high as compensate, but this is only up to the base 0.75 damage factor we had after DG fix.
    0.75*1.4=1.05! 5% more as before.
    With Destroyer it's about ~12.9%.
    But that's not all! The SotS from Instigator was reduced in -%DR too. The ones, that focus on damage take this feat too.
    So the above 12.9% more damage is eaten up with this too. So only a very minor buff was left after this in the whole Destroyer GWF path. And the roar+takedown +%damage on top is only a bit minor buff again in the total gameplaywise of Destroyer. More focused on PvP as PvE.

But I support ayroux idea about the penalty in Destroyer capstone for %DR in unstoppable. This let the little GWF the 25-50% unstoppable while the Destroyer know what happen if the get in the 'berzerkermod'. Less defence, but more damage as the other capstones. I really want to know if it's really necessary to penalize the instigator too with the 15-30% unstoppable. What they have to much?!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    I don't know if 10s is enough for lousy 5%. At least you need ~20 hits to proc it. Why not disabling stacking from Weapon enchantment? That would be fair and would let 15% with 10s+ seem proc enough in PvE.
    Not all Destroyer run Damage Weapon enchantment(the ones with huge crit chance).

But I support ayroux idea about the penalty in Destroyer capstone for %DR in unstoppable. This let the little GWF the 25-50% unstoppable while the Destroyer know what happen if the get in the 'berzerkermod'. Less defence, but more damage as the other capstones. I really want to know if it's really necessary to penalize the instigator too with the 15-30% unstoppable. What they have to much?!

I dont think (99% sure here) you can proc it off of weapon enchants. Im pretty sure its only actual hits that can proc the 25% chance to gain it. I could be wrong though.

I dont know about 15% with 10s because thats about every 6-7 hits you can gain a stack (statistically) and you can hit more than 6-7 times every 10 seconds in pvp. Even at 10% 10s, your looking at 10 hits every 10 seconds. When you go Unstoppable your at wills hit near every .5 seconds so within a matter of seconds youll have 1-2 stacks.

Here is the question.... Is the GWF a single target damager or an aoe striker? It seems the warlock and rogue are more single target strikers and the GWF is more of an aoe striker. So to balance it, wouldnt it seem fair to have this be more group oriented?

With CWs getting a massive AOE dmg tone down, even with this feat slotted for 2+ enemies only, while DPS drops SOME, will the GWF still not be good damage for PVE? - I dont know its been a LONG time since I farmed MC 30+ times for my OH.... Plus I dont think anyone knows because of the Q lock on PTR. I am willing to admit GWFs need that damage.

But for PVP one thing is clear to me.
    GWFs are a melee fighter/striker. They not only need defensive abilities (Unstoppable) they need CONTROL (prones).

I am MORE than fine with FLS being a stun. That (to me) seems FAIR. But what DOESNT seem fair is takedown having less damage AND no longer prones. This SHOULD be the GWFs main "prone" - most classes have 1. (GFs = Bull Rush / HR = Boar charge / Cw = many etc etc...)

The issue in PVP is the tankiness versus damage comparison from a single target perspective. To solve this, they are trying to take away control and tankiness. But then they give some back with sprint for who knows why.

I would RATHER have them re-work our damage feat (Focused Destroyer) for more AOE PVE DPS - unless there is a way to save this for single target DPS for PVE only - which I dont honestly see...

And yes, I too like the idea of as you gain unstoppable damage stacks, your DR IN unstoppable reduces.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Plus I dont think anyone knows because of the Q lock on PTR.

The queue lock should be off now; it was only off because they needed to do another patch to remove the module 4 skrimish/dungeon from the queue, which it is no longer there. I can't confirm it since I never get into the stuff on preview anyways, but I can queue for it just fine.

Edit: Plus, the thread for it is gone.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i dont know whats the problem is , 1st time i calculate it gave 28% for IBS and 26% for restoring strike , then again i calculated it shows 37.5% buff for both . and also nobody uses destroyer feat in PVP.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    i dont know whats the problem is , 1st time i calculate it gave 28% for IBS and 26% for restoring strike , then again i calculated it shows 37.5% buff for both . and also nobody uses destroyer feat in PVP.

Its 27% without the feat, maybe you were missing it?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »

Im sorry but your honestly missing out if your not using this. One of the strongest feats in game maybe second to the pre-nerfed HR DR feat...

If your not running this. You should. Period. I havnt been playing recently but about 2 weeks ago i was #1 leaderboards and probably am still top 3 pages. Not that it proves im good - but what other metric is there....
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I very much agree with 2 feedbacks from ayroux:

- Destroyer purpose stacks decreasing Unstoppable DR to keep Unstoppable the same for Instigators. Also, would allow some flexibility (destroyers could choose if they want to use Unstoppable to increase damage or to tank).

- Takedown prone- IBS be back.

To be clear, i'm trying to see how things work with current changes and the thing is, it's not like it'll be harder and period. The thing is, GWFs are now much easier to kite than in module 1. Module 1 GWFs used to use roar rooting effect to counter very dodgy classes such as CWs and Perma TRs. Right now, basically it should be

- FLS stun for IV + 3 charges of threat rush
    - Flourish for SM

But again, Flourish is too slow to even conncect against good dodgers, it's not an option. FLS with tenacity does not guarantee to be able to land Takedown. With not even 1 prone move left, against a HR you will be kited around and even when you in the end manage to catch them, they can very much deflect.

INSTIGATOR: Increase CC through advanced feats. With so much CC gone from the entire class, would make the tree actually a kind of choice. Pretty much:

- Instigator: more CC
    - Destroyer: more damage
    - Sentinel: more tankyness

Examples: through feats, you can bring back prone effect on FLS and stun effect on Roar. More CC, but still not much damage and survivability, but definetely better to counter kiting.
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what are we supposed to use for aoe damage in pve?

spam wicked strike / weapon master strike?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

- Punishing Charge: add 1 more charge, up from 3 to 4

- Flourish: shorter range but no animation or very fast animation like crescendo

- Takedown: Prone effect on this power. Only this, nothing else.

Thing is, it's ok to work hard to catch a ranged enemy or a dodging enemy, but when we catch them our powers must at least land like it is for any other class. Being kited and also have powers that hardly connect is a bit too much...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    what are we supposed to use for aoe damage in pve?

spam wicked strike / weapon master strike?

Roar to build determination. Go Unstoppable. Gain stacks through the above at wills. Unleash IBS. May be even use Come and Get it to gather adds in front of you and then AoE IBS. Also, can use the 360° attack of Not so Fast.
  • Options
    marko531marko531 Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    PVP. Ok i have a GWF and i hate it atm cuz its way too good. From reading feedback posts on other classes it seems that they are getting very nice (needed)buffs, maybe too good buffs. At the start i really supported the unstopable change, but after seeing these new GF/CW/HR buffs im not so sure anymore. Anyway dont mess up takedown :S at least, but if u really wanna change it so there are no prone powers in pvp i suggest u guys rework "come and get it" and make it work for pvp. I think it has to have a faster animation and faster/harder pull, damage bonus should be as it is or maybe a lil stronger, and it should have a stun or maybe a stamina drain on oponent. Just an idea, GWF is totaly useless without his prones. Some other suggestions: faster flourish, longer slow on not so fast, faster IBS (cant be chained atm), longer stun on takedown, or maybe buff GWF at wills, change reaping strike into something slow motion heavy hitter at will, battle fury gives big damage bonus on next hit maybe. Lots of options, even tho i hate GWF i dont wanna see them as underdogs.