Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I do not know what is wrong asking for 15-30% DR on unstop when most of time, GWFs just get 15% of DR on activation due GWFs lack of dodges and they are hit the whole time. Also, this DR is LAUGHTABLE in PvP due Enchats like plaguefire, terror or debuffs like enfeblement or Prophecy of Doom.
    I do not know what is wrong in asking for, at least, 1 prone on PvP to land IBS: Right now, all classes but GWF class have a kind of move which guarantee their most powerful yet slowest encounter powers even with 1.2k Tenacity.
    I do not know what is wrong with the buff on sprint: it gives 30% and CC inmunity instead of a total dodge as other classes have. This, also, is a "nerf" to GWFs, due it means GWFs will recibe less damage, so, they will build less determination to activate unstop.
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    All this balancing post module 3 (and including module 3) is a huge fail, because right now there's only one viable overbuffed tree, but they're trying to balance the whole class and it's entire mechanics because of that 1 overbuffed tree. Those Destroyer buffs shouldn't had happened in the first place.

They nerf prones because they reduced CDs on 'em, they nerf Takedown's damage because they buffed it, they nerf DR on unstoppable because destroyer purpose deals too much damage etc. Yes, this is fail.

BTW
    Well, is funny to see how all classes whine on GWFs but GWFs whine on HR, TR and CW...
    Your posts seem to be very constructive and non-contradictory.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    let me understand the situation.

You spent the entire module of gwf complaining, asking nerfs, collecting data (and inventing others), creating a climate of hatred that resulted in unfair nerfs.

all this including "gwf steals the role of gf" (the lie of the century)

so ... if from this scenario, we decided to criticize another class or trying to save us, we are villains?

I'm still waiting for my 13% damage taken by a cowardly act, is to be a artificial margin of nerf, is why I previously tested the drug class, passing screenshots to then say "oh, that was not working as it should. thanks for your feedback saboteur number 495894"
  • Options
    shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    GWF steal the role of GF a lie? Lol what game you playing?
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cw winter online.

the gwf would be "stealing" the "gf place" if:

A - the other classes needed a defender as much as they need a controller (and controller need a defender, vice versa).

B - if the class actually had aggro tools.

be "resistant" does not have any objective function in this game (pve). just save your own ***

we compete directly with cw / rogue in terms of dps. that's a fact. defense is our PERSONAL control / stealth. NOTHING MORE.

summarizing for those who are a little sly: if you ban gwf to the game, gf, as is, still excluded.

If you ban the cw, the gf gets its place (and hence rather justify removing the defense of gwf ... since gwf from right gear score, dont need a dc to protect ).

I advocate to "ban the cw the game"? no. i advocate to stop hypocrisy and give damage to gf.

that is my "balance idea".
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shamgar4 wrote: »
    GWF steal the role of GF a lie? Lol what game you playing?

The problem isn't that gwf steals the role of gf but that gf has no role as tanking is not needed. The only thing that's needed is a kiter at times, many many classes can kite if they build for defenses and survival. Honestly I like HR's kiting more than gfs as some quick split shot spam picks up adds faster than a gwf can.

For bosses that need to be "tanked" any of the classes can do it. You just have to dodge their big hits, so once again no need for gf.
  • Options
    velladius#6885 velladius Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I do worry about the GWF. At night, before I sleep, I wonder. Will the GWF make it through mod4?
    11.jpg
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Seriously dude, for someone that claims they play a gwf you seem to know very little...
    I for one have arguable one of the better gwfs in the game but there are many HRs that i cannot kill in one rotation and now that they removed prones itll definitely be impossible.These nerfs alone actually put gwf down from arguably #2 class in pvp to #4. GFs are just as strong now, HR and TR will just laugh at GWFs now... So dont say they needed more nerfs. Ive already detailed out whybthey were OP and how to change it but DEVs didnt listen. The problem was NOT prones or Unstoppable DR... But because of whiners thats what they nerf.

Ok.. u already got by age the the title as #1 whiner in the server, but with only this hilarious post u got also 4 3/4 stars and #2 spot as the best troll in the server (the max rank is 5 stars with crossed swords... only another post hilarious half of this and u got that rank and #1 spot.. for now the #1 is another guy with 5 stars, but I admit that u have the potential for go above the bar).

I fell really sorry for you that those bad devs have removed the possibilty that u can kill almost all in one rotation and Im speechless that some HRs can survive at one of you rotations... u have all my sympathy for that.. nerfs the HRs that survive.. no mercy for those guys that dont want die in few shots.

Give me some time for create the thread for the "Migliore idiota del server" and AFTER give us others "pearls of wisdom" of the same class of this your post.

Really hilarious guy :)

PS: note for the mods:

a) call troll a blantant troll is not a violation of 1.02 rule.
    b) call hilarious whiner a hilarious whiner is not a violation of forum rules.. no personal attack... only a evident fact.
    c) idiota (singular, idioti = plural) in italian is not exactly the same of idiot in the primitive and rudimental english language.. is worst
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    valesiavalesia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well in light of the direction you guys are going with GF let me make a few suggestions

Rename Knight Commader armor to - Bottom Feeder
    Rename High General to - Black Ice Troll
    Purified / Corrupted armor to LFG ( and it still wount happen )

I know its sarcastic probably not helpful but really what is the point of a class in an MMO that cannot perform well enough to even be invited to a group.. basically for allot of us a single player game where ocassionally someone pops in to be nice.
  • Options
    saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    valesia wrote: »
    Well in light of the direction you guys are going with GF let me make a few suggestions

Rename Knight Commader armor to - Bottom Feeder
    Rename High General to - Black Ice Troll
    Purified / Corrupted armor to LFG ( and it still wount happen )

I know its sarcastic probably not helpful but really what is the point of a class in an MMO that cannot perform well enough to even be invited to a group.. basically for allot of us a single player game where occasionally someone pops in to be nice.
    all GF player who are commenting that GF is useless and gwf shld be nerfed cause of that go try new dungeon then come here.
    till u haven't tried it u have no right to comment about that , and also this is feedback forums on changes done in class , so only those who can play GWF in preview can comment here not other class, ur feedbacks are useless .
  • Options
    valesiavalesia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    all GF player who are commenting that GF is useless and gwf shld be nerfed cause of that go try new dungeon then come here.
    till u haven't tried it u have no right to comment about that , and also this is feedback forums on changes done in class , so only those who can play GWF in preview can comment here not other class, ur feedbacks are useless .

honestly i dont care what they do i just want to have the opertunity to see the same content as GWF / CW etc with out just being a drag on friends who are kind enough to take me along once every couple weeks

edit: my bad on this one my phone so small i thought it was the GF feedback.

Side note i dont see how nerfing a gwf will change anything for a GF issues.. just saying.
  • Options
    xamuyees4xamuyees4 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    You guys took the "takedown" away from Takedown by making it stun instead of well, taking down the enemy, lol, maybe a rename of the power so it'll make sense again.
  • Options
    arcillusarcillus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I feel as though that GWF need at least one prone, "Take down". That will provide enough time to land IBS because as of right now. Stun's don't provide enough time against HRs, TRs, and CW's to land the attack.

Also, I feel that this increase from 10-20% is heading in the right direction and thank you for showing that the Devs are listening.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    is not the killing in one rotation the problem... I can kill in one rotation probable more and better of a GWF and your 1) & 2) examples with 1-2 shots.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    uff... u really dont understand... the problem is writing: I cannot kill a guy in one rotation... ergo nerf that guy
    (or in slightly less worse manner: give me super buffs for kill that guy)
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    syn100 wrote: »
    uff... u really dont understand... the problem is writing: I cannot kill a guy in one rotation.. ergo nerf that guy

What you don't seem to understand is that killing a guy in one rotation is beyond the scope of what you're supposed to be capable of. No other class in the game save for a rogue with a PERFECT assassination opportunity is capable of doing that. Therefore, the GWF is the one unbalanced.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I for one agree that Takedown should still provide its prone. GWF's were not much of a problem until they got Frontline Surge in addition to the daily. You have no chance to take out of it. At least with Cresendo, you get proned only at the last hit, but you can break out of the stun of all the hits prior if you have an immunity ability.
  • Options
    germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    xamuyees4 wrote: »
    You guys took the "takedown" away from Takedown by making it stun instead of well, taking down the enemy, lol, maybe a rename of the power so it'll make sense again.

My point, exactly. Call it Stundown or Lockdown.
    Or leave Takedown as a Prone and increase its cooldown to 20 secs. Brought down to 15 secs with full 5 points in Relentless Battle fury.
    This means that GWFs will have one prone left in-game but not one that can be spammed every 8-10 secs.
    The damage nerf to takedown is not a big issue. I agree that some utility/CC skills should not be allowed to do heavy damage.
  • Options
    germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First: i think only TRs and HRs are cappables of killing someone in single rotation. Are you asking for nerfs on HR and TR classes? I see fine to nerf HR, but TR is already a mess...
    Second: No one here but non-GWF-players are saying we can kill ANY class on ANY GS on single rotation...
    Thrird: Can you be a little clearer when you write? is really a pain to understand you.

I remember days in Mod1, when TRs/CWs could one or Two-shot my GWF (not even a full rotation). Of course, they were better equipped, in all probability. And then all the whining resulted in TRs (and to some extent CWs) getting major nerfs.
    And so here we are. Next class gets lined up for nerfs. This is really a bad precedant for a game and its community that is only 1 year old. If this goes on, every existing class will be nerfed (sometimes beyond their viable use) and lead to more Fotm classes.
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    germmaniac wrote: »
    I remember days in Mod1, when TRs/CWs could one or Two-shot my GWF (not even a full rotation). Of course, they were better equipped, in all probability. And then all the whining resulted in TRs (and to some extent CWs) getting major nerfs.
    And so here we are. Next class gets lined up for nerfs. This is really a bad precedant for a game and its community that is only 1 year old. If this goes on, every existing class will be nerfed (sometimes beyond their viable use) and lead to more Fotm classes.

And now it is this same, but vice versa, now GWF can kill CW on 1 skil, and i think this is just sick, GWF dmg is sick
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWKd587OVqI -1:14 i think that was IBS - 20,5k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOP-L-MtKVU -14:20 Savage Advance first hit 12250 second hit 16k that means 28k+ from one skil. What changed tenacity patch if in module 2.5 GWF can hit like that and after this all patches, they still have ridiculous dmg. Really think carefully about this all changes becouse you have no idea what are you exactly doing.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Pugs like me want to play pvp fair, for all classes. I have a feeling, that classes which are op, totaly did not notice this and they think they are so skilled players, that they can have 30-5 on scoreboard. CW is fresh meet, he is always focused first becouse he can be death after 2/3 good shoots, especialy from GWFs who can hit for 20k, and you all good know it. I understand you in fact that the 20k dmg is unreal for you becouse on yours HRs/GWFs you can/t recive so big dmg, but try to play CW. Smigi is one of better CWs in this game, i saw him, he is realy good geared with perfect and rank 10 enchants, he has complet new set and what is the effect all of this? 2/3 good skills with crit from GWF and floor. You said that i am looking for selected movies from YT and i am crying on forum. Really i would like to see how you are crying if CW can shoot from his skills 10/20k and during that time handle 2/3 persons on point for long time, like GWFs/ HRs/Perma TRs can do... Grettings- crying CW (-.-)

Edit: clonkyo1, and what is changed if he is buffed, CW were buffed to, all players were buffed it is end game pvp, smigi with bobo can shoot 4x RoE + ewentualy PF, i dont know what exactly they had in their guns, but i cant see that Saber were killed in 2/3 skills or take huge DMG from them, no, dmg was ridiculously small if he is a Destroyer, and if he is sentinel, then this is mocking from players.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    1.Yes i am asking about this, show me where Smigi or babo hits Saber for 20k, one case is 12k from ice knife, theoretically the most powerfull CW skill.WoW! this is really rare DMG, usually dmg from this skill is around 2-4k non crit, becouse it is bugged. Saber can easily hit 11k from takedown, daily all time 14/16, IBS- 12-17/ 20 was the biggest hit.
    2.And i have this same request to you, dont talk about pvp anymore. Show me GWF with swordmaster path. Are you kidding me? Even if this is your funny example, is that 50k DMG fair in your opinion?
    3.Maby you have right, maby problem is in CW not in GWF, then why CW take so huge nerf in mod 4?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    stop trying to fight PVP with an undergeared equipments , i have seen players go with rare stuff in PVP and then say that other class is too OP , but they dont get it that they r undergeared.
    i had 18K PVP GWF , rank 9 and 10 and prefects (i m not flaunting) and when i q for PVP , what do i get , 6 games out of 10 , i have players with 8k GS to 13k GS in my team , while other players are heavy geared , then in the end they say other party is too OP or premade.
    i have been telling in all my posts , the only fault GWF had was roar bugged and the CD feat available for GWF in destro , with new module that will also be done with , most GWF will choose sent over destro , all of there encounters will follow 10sec+ CD with 35% decreased dmg, whoose fault is this
    is it due to undergeared players ? no
    is it due to class are unbalanced ? no , the only class which was unbalanced was GF.
    the only reason for OP is due to PVP mismatched.
    killling a 15K DC , TR(petama), HR,CW with 18k GWF is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hard , u can keep on trying but they will not die soon in single rotaion , it takes atleast 1+ min to kill them , depending on if crit occured or not.
    10k GS players telling GWF is OP is **** , my PVE(18k+) toon can die under 1 rotation by any 15K+ toon by single rotaion , and the reason is it has 2k defense, 8% deflection in PVP, so it all depends on what gear u equip.
    u go with PVE setting in PVP and u r bound to die, u go against a high geared player , u will feel like other person is OP, many PVP GWF have 38k+ health , 3.5k+ defense , 2k regeration&deflect, 1-2k recovery ,2k+ armor penetration , 4-5k power , 800-1k tenacity, prerfect bark and greater plague and rank8+ enchnats, and u go against them with undergeared equip , u r bound to die. u will feel like they r OP.
    so dont boundlessly say that GWF is OP when u dont know anything . it takes equally geared players to kill them , and u want to kill a high geared player player with undergear stuff , then whats the point of PVP player using rank9+ stuffs.

all in all only roar and CD of roar and takedown was the problem , which is resolved in next module. heck we r nerfed way below that now. no prones only stuns which will last not more than .5 sec on equallly geared player and IBS animation takes .66sec+ to do dmg , so we r now meatbag and u have the gal to say we r still OP.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    1.Yes i am asking about this, show me where Smigi or babo hits Saber for 20k, one case is 12k from ice knife, theoretically the most powerfull CW skill.WoW! this is really rare DMG, usually dmg from this skill is around 2-4k non crit, becouse it is bugged. Saber can easily hit 11k from takedown, daily all time 14/16, IBS- 12-17/ 20 was the biggest hit.
    2.And i have this same request to you, dont talk about pvp anymore. Show me GWF with swordmaster path. Are you kidding me? Even if this is your funny example, is that 50k DMG fair in your opinion?
    3.Maby you have right, maby problem is in CW not in GWF, then why CW take so huge nerf in mod 4?
    what was the GS for CW and GWF ? 1 st ask that
    how much defense and tencaity and health did CW and GWF had ?
    how much resistance ignored did CW and GWF have?
    what type of weapon and armor enchants were both using?
    what class feature were CW and GWF using to ?
    what buffs did CW had and what buffs did GWF had ?

these are type of question 1st u should ask b4 declaring whether GWF is OP or not and whether CW had right amount of stats .

give me the answer of this 1st and then come again to post that GWF is OP , and if CW didnt had correct balanced between his stats and went to PVP with rank 10 , it will not do anything till he balances his stat.