What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(Ant-Monster) Guardian Fighter Review

12346»

Comments

• grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    one example.

dracolich, GF agro everything including boss. stands there with shield up stabbing away. rest faceroll until its dead.

As for PvP it would just make GFs far too strong, the other classes (TR/HR/GWFs) need tuning, not us. though some stronger at-will (crushing surge is only 10% more than a conqueror's cleave).

I'm one of the higher "rated" GFs on the leaderboard, though i don't really know if that means much, sure TRs are annoying as hell (they mentioned a while ago they were looking for a solution), GWFs do more damage than us, and HRs have a bugged armor set (which is being fixed). But once those things are addressed the playing field will be alot more balanced. Give us a buffed mark with an added slowing effect and i can see GFs being competitive.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • c1int0n1c1int0n1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Gf only works if you have two other frontliners or with a support dc. The only thing that makes sense right now is the conqueror path but requires a certain pvp line up for it to work. Gf only works well with 2 gwf or 1 gwf/gf or 2 tr+1 dc. The other gf's paths suck completely and the mechanics of other classes poops them (defender and tactician). And gwf's are the tanks in pvp. Gfs dont barely have feats to scale up their def specs. They dont do well in life steal nor health regen. Gfs are fcuked. The only thing that makes gf on conqueror path work is if they can dramatically improve their recovery without reducing the other stats which is possible but still being fcuked by other classes.
  • maxiumdanmaxiumdan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    c1int0n1 wrote: »
    Gf only works if you have two other frontliners or with a support dc. The only thing that makes sense right now is the conqueror path but requires a certain pvp line up for it to work. Gf only works well with 2 gwf or 1 gwf/gf or 2 tr+1 dc. The other gf's paths suck completely and the mechanics of other classes poops them (defender and tactician). And gwf's are the tanks in pvp. Gfs dont barely have feats to scale up their def specs. They dont do well in life steal nor health regen. Gfs are fcuked. The only thing that makes gf on conqueror path work is if they can dramatically improve their recovery without reducing the other stats which is possible but still being fcuked by other classes.

Are you talking about pve? Disagree with all points. Have no trouble with clearing any dungeon with my mates. In PVP it really is variable. Does success really just amount to kill to death ratio? controlling nodes, being a decoy or just helping ppl run faster with into the fray so they can destroy ppl mean you are useless?
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The ability to kill each and every class brings balance, and makes holding/protecting nodes a lot easier.
  • leonus15leonus15 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like your observations, Antmonster, and I agree with you: GF is supposed to be a tank, a durable class. So, some changes are needed. I like your idea of unbreakable Guard Meter and I dont think it is absurd at all, specially because it is not so hard to prone and attack us at our back, thats what many people do against GFs, they just go straigh to the combat advantage. But if some people think it would be absurd, they should at least make our Guard to last longer...unfourtunatly it seens it is not as the mod4 is planning...
    So, I ask the Developers to think again about our Guard Meter. Do not make it worse or we will be even more forgotten. Let the Guard as it is or improve it, do not make it last even less, Developers.
    edited June 2014
    leonus15 wrote: »
    I like your observations, Antmonster, and I agree with you: GF is supposed to be a tank, a durable class. So, some changes are needed. I like your idea of unbreakable Guard Meter and I dont think it is absurd at all, specially because it is not so hard to prone and attack us at our back, thats what many people do against GFs, they just go straigh to the combat advantage. But if some people think it would be absurd, they should at least make our Guard to last longer...unfourtunatly it seens it is not as the mod4 is planning...
    So, I ask the Developers to think again about our Guard Meter. Do not make it worse or we will be even more forgotten. Let the Guard as it is or improve it, do not make it last even less, Developers.

I would really like it if they'd let us test it out in the preview server.
  • baradur03baradur03 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I happened to meet a GF the other day on pvp Domination. He kicked my $%& like hell so many times during the match that I decided to avoid him, and that is why I remembered his name: Ant-Monster.
    Now by chance I was reading the forum for some GWF advice and came to see this post who was written by him.

Trust this guy. He knows a LOT about GF. Hope I can learn a lot about GWF so I can kick your *** in the future haha. I only have 15 days playing pvp atm, but that will change I hope.
    edited July 2014
    baradur03 wrote: »
    I happened to meet a GF the other day on pvp Domination. He kicked my $%& like hell so many times during the match that I decided to avoid him, and that is why I remembered his name: Ant-Monster.
    Now by chance I was reading the forum for some GWF advice and came to see this post who was written by him.

Trust this guy. He knows a LOT about GF. Hope I can learn a lot about GWF so I can kick your *** in the future haha. I only have 15 days playing pvp atm, but that will change I hope.

You know you're awesome right?
  • roningear450roningear450 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice Topic Ant-Moster. With each passing day the neverwinter're forgetting the GF. In PvE it has been forgotten and we are counting on to be forgotten in PvP, since the GF got great skills and put in GWF.

Att. ShyS (Guardian Fighter Masters BR) ;D

I am going to somewhat disagree with you mate...
    I've got a DC char with 14k GS and I don't care WHAT dungeon I'm in... If I find a GF with 11kGS (or better) I am happy to take them with me in any T2 party!!! I can't tell you HOW MANY times I have done LMD (lair of the mad dragon) SP, karru, FH, and PK... it seems that every time I take some super high GWF, in under 5 mins he has run ahead, aggroed everything and is close to dieing when everyone else get there. But whe I go with a GF and maybe some CW, HR (and YES EVEN TRs) We are FORCED to work together!I one time tried to run Sp with 4 GWF and myself. (tried and failed!) yet not 2 weeks later I somehow ended up with 3 GF and a perma TR... it was rather easy!!! and we became friends and did about 6 SP runs that day... WHY? we worked together! The TR was doing the most DPS but the adds Never cam near me and i spent 100% of the time WITH the team working together.

With all that being Said, I would rather take a good 10kGS GF as a team mate then a 16kGs GWF <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$...
    edited July 2014
    I've got a DC char with 14k GS and I don't care WHAT dungeon I'm in... If I find a GF with 11kGS (or better) I am happy to take them with me in any T2 party!!! I can't tell you HOW MANY times I have done LMD (lair of the mad dragon) SP, karru, FH, and PK... it seems that every time I take some super high GWF, in under 5 mins he has run ahead, aggroed everything and is close to dieing when everyone else get there. But whe I go with a GF and maybe some CW, HR (and YES EVEN TRs) We are FORCED to work together!I one time tried to run Sp with 4 GWF and myself. (tried and failed!) yet not 2 weeks later I somehow ended up with 3 GF and a perma TR... it was rather easy!!! and we became friends and did about 6 SP runs that day... WHY? we worked together! The TR was doing the most DPS but the adds Never cam near me and i spent 100% of the time WITH the team working together.

With all that being Said, I would rather take a good 10kGS GF as a team mate then a 16kGs GWF <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>$...

Hahaha xD!!!
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Goodness me. You'll have a shock when you group with some decent players. Arguments from ignorance are always entertaining.

(I particularly liked "The TR was doing the most DPS")
    edited July 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    Goodness me. You'll have a shock when you group with some decent players. Arguments from ignorance are always entertaining.

(I particularly liked "The TR was doing the most DPS")

Where you been hiding? Haven't seen you in a while.