What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Drops

Comments

• Options
    bettarghbettargh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OK, i ve been reading this thread for the last 20 pages, what about GF? We are doomed never to get the gloves if what I am reading here is correct....

GF are widely overlooked in this game, wondering why the devs even designed the class? Problem for me is that its so cool I cantr help myself not being an one...

EDIT: With mod 4 only 2 months awya is it logical for cryptic to lose ppl who are disappointed or to dissappoint ppl for an item thats its bound to become...useless? Anyway, something needs to be done before mod 4 in August!
    Azral Ironforge@ Guardian FIghter Level 70
    Norbir Hammerblow@Oathbound Paladin Level 70
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bettargh wrote: »
    OK, i ve been reading this thread for the last 20 pages, what about GF? We are doomed never to get the gloves if what I am reading here is correct....

GF are widely overlooked in this game, wondering why the devs even designed the class? Problem for me is that its so cool I cantr help myself not being an one...

EDIT: With mod 4 only 2 months awya is it logical for cryptic to lose ppl who are disappointed or to dissappoint ppl for an item thats its bound to become...useless? Anyway, something needs to be done before mod 4 in August!

I posted a guide to getting arms off of Rem here and in the barracks with my GF. REally too tired to write it again but you can hunt it up.
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    I posted a guide to getting arms off of Rem here and in the barracks with my GF. REally too tired to write it again but you can hunt it up.

yeah... nope.
    Its easier for me to stop grindind for this **** drop. At the end of the day the whole set only purpose is to run Briggrims...not much anything else...and are not BiS so... no ty... illl stick with profound
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have only been playing my GF and have fought Remo, Prospector, Beholder, multiple other HEs and Ive received nothing. To the pint I just about gave up trying!

I even started the Yeti Invasion alone, fighting 3-4 Yetis potting like crazy and using fighters recovery in hopes someone might come along, I did this for about 7 mins and people came we completed the invasion and I was like sweet I was first here I must have them! Nope, I got some purple profession junk!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Unfortunately, that purple profession junk could just as (not-)easily have been bracers. Once you qualify for an epic reward (which you did), it's still RNG that determines what epic reward you receive.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    guille23mx wrote: »
    yeah... nope.
    Its easier for me to stop grindind for this **** drop. At the end of the day the whole set only purpose is to run Briggrims...not much anything else...and are not BiS so... no ty... illl stick with profound

Oh well if you are no longer trying for the arms then I suppose it does not matter. I will continue using my empowered set that has more power, recovery, and HP than any of the profound sets and more ArPen than all of them combined.....
  • Options
    versusnwversusnw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I droped my gloves from Bear Rider Roundup encounter. :D
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Finally had my hrs gloves drop off raid the raiders. Thank god.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i drop the gloves in firts time... hahaha luck boy
  • Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Finally had my hrs gloves drop off raid the raiders. Thank god.
    Congrats! I am still waiting for my luck on my gloves and MH weapon. ;)
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Oh well if you are no longer trying for the arms then I suppose it does not matter. I will continue using my empowered set that has more power, recovery, and HP than any of the profound sets and more ArPen than all of them combined.....

Yeah I don't buy that.
    -Its a BAD SET for PVP wise .
    -If u missed your chance to get it in the first days (like I did) then Its stupidly difficult to get it for a GF.
    -Then Cryptic Patched and Nerfed the Drop Rate.
    -Some Guys ticketed the devs asking why they couldn't get their BI GLOVES and got responded " they were sorry for the inconvenience but that item was not checked in their LOOTABLE ITEM LIST blah blah blah" so if that's TRUE ... no matter what they did THEY WILL NEVER WILL HAVE THEIR GLOVES DROPPED.
    Who's to say this ITEM its not in my LOOTABLE ITEM LIST.
    NO MATTER WHAT I DO I WILL NEVER GET ONE.
    So yeah IT WILL NOT MATTER for me... cause Im givin up this stinky set and ridicuosly grind.
    BUT IT WILL MATTER TO EVERYONE ELSE.
    So stop invalidating my point with Ironic Comments Smartguy.
    Period .
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i am giving up, i think devs are celebrating for each player giving up, that pretty sick.
    unless devs had to prove me wrong, go fix it, it is suppose to be a game, and fun event, not torturing, i HATE that RNG factor reward system.
    i have already done and reached 350 reps, and still not able to get into Kessel's Retreat and it was unlocked, but still not getting in, i have all other items except gauntlets!!!!
    all that left for me to repeat "Need for Meads" for yeti pet (for alts) and 1 daily for Konig-caer coins.

also, that Remohuaz Assault always happen on other instanced zone, i always get into dead zone that changing dont work and the zone i get in and it never had remo assault event, it never spawns!!!!!!
  • Options
    captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I finished the campaign days ago on a second character and still no gloves on either one. Main hand on one, two main hands on the other... no gloves.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, so far I've gotten a Barbarian weapon and Dwarf armor I can't use.
    Must be doing something wrong. Spend enough time running all over the map for epics.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd pretty much given up on my HR after nearly a month of doing HEs. Then raid the raiders popped just as I was coming out of the pvp area, I got in there first, looted everything, a few more people turned up and we completed the HE. Didn't even bother pressing cntrl+F till I was back in IWD.

Boom. Gloves.

And to top it off, my CWs main hand dropped off the beholder yesterday. The rng: hates you, loves you, hates you, loves you.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    ocanoocano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like to have the logic explained of using a RNG on top of some obscure participation list that has been planned around 6-10 people (and not 30+).

I don't know about you guys at Cryptic, but I have to work for a living and my precious time can set aside for Neverwinter i do NOT want to sit on my thumbs and hope for a major event to happen and then rush with everyone else in and try to beat the counter.

when doing dungeons i at least have a chance in my playtime to get the chest item i need. with luck...nay...by default I don't even have the opportunity (let alone a reasonable chance) to actually get the weapon or gloves in Icewind Dale.
  • Options
    oddzoddz Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you might be able to get what you need using them coins that drops for the bags you can buy at Bounty . ohwell i got many Black ice ring belts even, im sure you might be able to get the other pices behaves not goten any but i havent been chacing donw them Kcoins :)... sry my bad langue skill!
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have pretty much given up.... I have gotten all sorts of profession epics yet no Gauntlets, I notified in game GM no response!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Completed my armor last. I joined a group and the arms finally dropped. Don't think I can be bothered to do it all again.
  • Options
    seylythiaseylythia Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    After the last maintemance Drop rate has been nerfed, now u have 1%chance to get it and not guaranteed it''ll be for your class so make the maths 1/5 = 0,20% chance to get it for ur class since there'r 5 classes, same for artefacts drop but it is about 0,5%
    Thats a really disheartening percentage if true. About same chances of hitting powerball lottery (Im guessing).
  • Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wylonus wrote: »
    i have already done and reached 350 reps, and still not able to get into Kessel's Retreat and it was unlocked, but still not getting in, i have all other items except gauntlets!!!!
    all that left for me to repeat "Need for Meads" for yeti pet (for alts) and 1 daily for Konig-caer coins.

I thought we are able to do Kessel's Retreat with 3 pieces of Black Armor (be it Purified or Corrupted)?

Btw, congrats on getting your MH (Since you mentioned that you have all the items except gauntlets). :)

I have yet to get my main MH and Gauntlets, which I have given up farming them long time ago. ;)
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    aviracaineaviracaine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    got mh after 42 beholders and 39 prospectors. will never do again.

EDIT: got mh from beholder btw. switching to DoT enchant helped i guess?
  • Options
    ericterminatorericterminator Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i did all the heroic encouter and no gloveds for my CW over 3 weeks now and geting very frustrated i want tis fix i'm tire of this bull **** i'm about to quit because of this stupid drop
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For players like myself that are playing 6 or 7 characters this really needs to be changed IMO. I will die of old age before I get these items on half of them at this rate. I think I'm well over 500 Major and Epic HE's and so far I've gotten the Ice Bow for my HR and nothing else... They really should implement some type of successive increase in the % chance for this to drop so after a 100 or 200 of these you at 100% to get these items...
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I grind with three characters daily and do several epic HEs on each one. No main hand, no gloves yet. I had a much better drop rate on things before the first Mod 3 patch. I think that whatever they did to "fix" Mother Lode and Black Ice Domination (of which both are still broken) caused the drop rate to plummet. Our Guild has 500 members and, after asking around, I've come to find that less than 10% of them have had either a main or glove drop while less than 5% have gotten both. I realize the goal is to get us to grind thru IWD and I have no problem with that. My problem is that it isn't working.

I still run HEs daily but I have no hope of ever seeing either item drop for me. It is interesting to note that some people has received the Item Loot Table response from support. I wonder if we shouldn't all open a call to see if that is the real problem?
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    faziskontrasztfaziskontraszt Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    Disheartening to see these posts about the drop rate. I thought by the time I reached 350 rep, I'd be prancing around in black ice gear, but well, the only useful epic I've seen is a hammerstone armor with low stats. I'd probably be better off letting these black ice pieces go - I've only done 15 epic and 45 major encounters so far and this grind makes me wanna puke already.
  • Options
    telnightstelnights Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I got my bracers on my 4th try from The Remorhaz but I'm getting very close to over a 100 Beholder kills with nothing and well over 400 mid level encounters and over 700 low level encounters and still just have gotten my gloves and that's it. The drop rate needs to work so that your chance increases by a small amount every time you complete said encounter and then resets once you get that item.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I must be lucky (once in awhile it's got to go your way). Returned on July 3rd from a 7 month break. After 1 1/2 weeks have 2 bracers. Havent tried to get MH yet.

1st drop 3rd day back, while duoing a HE with another GWF.

2nd drop week + 2 days back, ran into a Remo half way. Started swinging away at Remo.

First contributed alot to HE. 2nd contributed just a bit.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I must be lucky (once in awhile it's got to go your way). Returned on July 3rd from a 7 month break. After 1 1/2 weeks have 2 bracers. Havent tried to get MH yet.

1st drop 3rd day back, while duoing a HE with another GWF.

2nd drop week + 2 days back, ran into a Remo half way. Started swinging away at Remo.

First contributed alot to HE. 2nd contributed just a bit.

Well this is actually because your a GWF and deal more damage with SS and IBS the more HP enemy loses. I got my bracers and MH within 2 days of real "farming" on my GWF, probably did 30-40 encounters. It was really easy to get high contribution and I was always getting blues and epics all the HEs.

Now I am playing my GF, I have to try SO hard to get good contribution, sometimes I am the first one there, rolling in very good gear, and walk away with a potion and 75 BI...

Playing the two classes, its MUCH MUCH more difficult to get as a GF versus a GWF. I dont know how they are doing these "metrics" to judge who gets what drops, all the "random" drops though are really what frustrate people... I know I am!
  • Options
    kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    looking for my mainhand from beholder,nothing
    and beholder is more then 2+ hours late every time I am in dwarvenvalley
    Its not working