What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Drops

Comments

• elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    guille23mx wrote: »
    No.... still nothing.
    Somewhere I read that Cryptic have to unlock the item drop in your lootable item list.
    Some guy farm the Gloves and didn't got a drop... did a ticket and Cryptic answered him that
    " They were sorry about them not unlocking the gloves in his lootable item list...!!""
    CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!

Lootable item list, now that sounds like a conspiracy if I ever heard one, what happened to random loot generator, leads me to believe its rigged - and frankly considering some of the decisions lately.... (I'll let someone else figure that out).
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's the crowd factor, pure and simple. We did a few HEs yesterday, me an hr, a cw and a gf. 3 out of 3 HEs I got purple rewards, no gloves unfortunately. Too many people means they split the damage, and whatever other qualifiers. Get a few friends together, try to find an instance with nobody in it.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No.... still nothing.
    Somewhere I read that Cryptic have to unlock the item drop in your lootable item list.
    Some guy farm the Gloves and didn't got a drop... did a ticket and Cryptic answered him that
    " They were sorry about them not unlocking the gloves in his lootable item list...!!""
    CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!

waw,if thats for real than I think I will be looking for another game to play
    like right now!
  • speedytigerspeedytiger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm no game expert, but I like Neverwinter and I've been playing it for quite some time now. I'm a CW, and I haven't found the Black Ice Gloves either.

What I noticed is that the Heroic Encounter reward window looks a lot like the Lockboxes windows. It even separates the loot as Uncommon, Rare and Epic.
    By my experience with Lockboxes and Heroic Encounters, I believe it's pure luck. I've done a lot of HEs before, under several different circumstances (starting it, doing a lot of damage, entering when the boss was almost dying, doing almost no damage, etc), and sometimes I get an Epic item (no gloves yet, though), sometimes I get an enchantment and some Raw Black Ice. It really doesn't matter what I do in the Encounters. If I'm participating, the Reward "Lockbox" will roll something from me, ranging from Uncommon to Epic results.

The only thing I noticed is that the game must have some kind of tracker to tell if you participated or not in the HE. Just standing there will give you 25 Raw Black Ice, while if you participate (in any way), the game rolls from the actual rewards pool.
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    @speedytiger. The Black Ice gloves drop from the EPIC Remorhaz Encounter (not Remorhaz Hunt: Heroic).. many players including myself have received them numerous times. I can confirm with 7 black ice HR gloves from Rem.
    The Beholder drops mainhands.. Havent received mine yet.. due to the large amount of players who join in the battle. but the overwhelming results from my Black Ice Bow thread confirms with the amount of replies I have received.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    I've gotten my Black Ice Bracers three times IN A ROW from the Remorhaz. Which isn't that great for me, because what the hell am I going to do with three bracers besides Salvage? I want my mainhand! lol x)

Plz tell me the recipe;), how to do that, cause i'm tired of HEs now, no drop from anything on any char!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• autylautyl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    I don't know what all this screamin is bout. I've had 3 characters get gloves(bracers) in the last couple days. :rolleyes:

I am NOT screaming but i farm since module 3 came out (almost 4 weeks). The Orb dropped on the sec day and i thougt yaay :) But till now what ever i try what skills i use farming alone or in a team follow the quest line NO glove drops at all. And that annoying me :confused:
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited June 2014
    soooo the drop is very very very low arround 1-3% from what i noticed and if ur not a dps class like CW you gonna take ages
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited June 2014
    i believe is the same deal like arcane coffer artifact
  • apextaoapextao Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2014
    Funny cause I got mine the times I arrived pretty late into these events so I couldn't have contributed too much. I feel the luck involved is way too much.

At least make all these drops available from KR. It's really a pain when you can't even see a timer for when the next one in your current instance will be spawning.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    autyl wrote: »
    I am NOT screaming but i farm since module 3 came out (almost 4 weeks). The Orb dropped on the sec day and i thougt yaay :) But till now what ever i try what skills i use farming alone or in a team follow the quest line NO glove drops at all. And that annoying me :confused:

I got the orb twice on my CW. Never got any gloves.
    On my DC and HR, I never got any gear drops.
    Last night, spent a few hours doing HE's with my CW. Still no gloves.
    I am ready to give up.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Interesting.
    I already got 3 gloves(2 - prepatch) for my cw w/o big effort just doing remos during Daily questing.

The orb however required much more intensive farming till it finally dropped from Chilltooth Trolls (great success)
  • bettarghbettargh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OK, i ve been reading this thread for the last 20 pages, what about GF? We are doomed never to get the gloves if what I am reading here is correct....

GF are widely overlooked in this game, wondering why the devs even designed the class? Problem for me is that its so cool I cantr help myself not being an one...

EDIT: With mod 4 only 2 months awya is it logical for cryptic to lose ppl who are disappointed or to dissappoint ppl for an item thats its bound to become...useless? Anyway, something needs to be done before mod 4 in August!
    Azral Ironforge@ Guardian FIghter Level 70
    Norbir Hammerblow@Oathbound Paladin Level 70
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bettargh wrote: »
    OK, i ve been reading this thread for the last 20 pages, what about GF? We are doomed never to get the gloves if what I am reading here is correct....

GF are widely overlooked in this game, wondering why the devs even designed the class? Problem for me is that its so cool I cantr help myself not being an one...

EDIT: With mod 4 only 2 months awya is it logical for cryptic to lose ppl who are disappointed or to dissappoint ppl for an item thats its bound to become...useless? Anyway, something needs to be done before mod 4 in August!

I posted a guide to getting arms off of Rem here and in the barracks with my GF. REally too tired to write it again but you can hunt it up.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    I posted a guide to getting arms off of Rem here and in the barracks with my GF. REally too tired to write it again but you can hunt it up.

yeah... nope.
    Its easier for me to stop grindind for this **** drop. At the end of the day the whole set only purpose is to run Briggrims...not much anything else...and are not BiS so... no ty... illl stick with profound
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have only been playing my GF and have fought Remo, Prospector, Beholder, multiple other HEs and Ive received nothing. To the pint I just about gave up trying!

I even started the Yeti Invasion alone, fighting 3-4 Yetis potting like crazy and using fighters recovery in hopes someone might come along, I did this for about 7 mins and people came we completed the invasion and I was like sweet I was first here I must have them! Nope, I got some purple profession junk!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Unfortunately, that purple profession junk could just as (not-)easily have been bracers. Once you qualify for an epic reward (which you did), it's still RNG that determines what epic reward you receive.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yeah... nope.
    Its easier for me to stop grindind for this **** drop. At the end of the day the whole set only purpose is to run Briggrims...not much anything else...and are not BiS so... no ty... illl stick with profound

Oh well if you are no longer trying for the arms then I suppose it does not matter. I will continue using my empowered set that has more power, recovery, and HP than any of the profound sets and more ArPen than all of them combined.....
  • versusnwversusnw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I droped my gloves from Bear Rider Roundup encounter. :D
    edited June 2014
    Finally had my hrs gloves drop off raid the raiders. Thank god.
  • adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i drop the gloves in firts time... hahaha luck boy
  • harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Finally had my hrs gloves drop off raid the raiders. Thank god.
    Congrats! I am still waiting for my luck on my gloves and MH weapon. ;)
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Oh well if you are no longer trying for the arms then I suppose it does not matter. I will continue using my empowered set that has more power, recovery, and HP than any of the profound sets and more ArPen than all of them combined.....

Yeah I don't buy that.
    -Its a BAD SET for PVP wise .
    -If u missed your chance to get it in the first days (like I did) then Its stupidly difficult to get it for a GF.
    -Then Cryptic Patched and Nerfed the Drop Rate.
    -Some Guys ticketed the devs asking why they couldn't get their BI GLOVES and got responded " they were sorry for the inconvenience but that item was not checked in their LOOTABLE ITEM LIST blah blah blah" so if that's TRUE ... no matter what they did THEY WILL NEVER WILL HAVE THEIR GLOVES DROPPED.
    Who's to say this ITEM its not in my LOOTABLE ITEM LIST.
    NO MATTER WHAT I DO I WILL NEVER GET ONE.
    So yeah IT WILL NOT MATTER for me... cause Im givin up this stinky set and ridicuosly grind.
    BUT IT WILL MATTER TO EVERYONE ELSE.
    So stop invalidating my point with Ironic Comments Smartguy.
    Period .
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i am giving up, i think devs are celebrating for each player giving up, that pretty sick.
    unless devs had to prove me wrong, go fix it, it is suppose to be a game, and fun event, not torturing, i HATE that RNG factor reward system.
    i have already done and reached 350 reps, and still not able to get into Kessel's Retreat and it was unlocked, but still not getting in, i have all other items except gauntlets!!!!
    all that left for me to repeat "Need for Meads" for yeti pet (for alts) and 1 daily for Konig-caer coins.

also, that Remohuaz Assault always happen on other instanced zone, i always get into dead zone that changing dont work and the zone i get in and it never had remo assault event, it never spawns!!!!!!
  • captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I finished the campaign days ago on a second character and still no gloves on either one. Main hand on one, two main hands on the other... no gloves.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, so far I've gotten a Barbarian weapon and Dwarf armor I can't use.
    Must be doing something wrong. Spend enough time running all over the map for epics.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
    edited June 2014
    I'd pretty much given up on my HR after nearly a month of doing HEs. Then raid the raiders popped just as I was coming out of the pvp area, I got in there first, looted everything, a few more people turned up and we completed the HE. Didn't even bother pressing cntrl+F till I was back in IWD.

Boom. Gloves.

And to top it off, my CWs main hand dropped off the beholder yesterday. The rng: hates you, loves you, hates you, loves you.
  • ocanoocano Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like to have the logic explained of using a RNG on top of some obscure participation list that has been planned around 6-10 people (and not 30+).

I don't know about you guys at Cryptic, but I have to work for a living and my precious time can set aside for Neverwinter i do NOT want to sit on my thumbs and hope for a major event to happen and then rush with everyone else in and try to beat the counter.

when doing dungeons i at least have a chance in my playtime to get the chest item i need. with luck...nay...by default I don't even have the opportunity (let alone a reasonable chance) to actually get the weapon or gloves in Icewind Dale.
  • oddzoddz Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you might be able to get what you need using them coins that drops for the bags you can buy at Bounty . ohwell i got many Black ice ring belts even, im sure you might be able to get the other pices behaves not goten any but i havent been chacing donw them Kcoins :)... sry my bad langue skill!
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have pretty much given up.... I have gotten all sorts of profession epics yet no Gauntlets, I notified in game GM no response!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!