test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Drops

Comments

• js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about the main hand, because I have been farming HE forever and got none... (got 2 pair of glove tho...)
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited May 2014
    I had to send both my DC and GF for therapy because they got severe depression in Mod 3....

If they don't recover soon, I might have to retire them and send them to the Nevermental Institute for the Cryptically Depressed...
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    fun part, if you slot a lot of heals you will pull all the agrro and die in one sec.
    not just that but lose all lvl5 enchants in the ground

good to be a cleric
  • shootyer010shootyer010 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Never mind the drops how do you gain profession experience to be able to craft some of the stuff in professions? I have tried to read up on it but didn't get anything useful. Any help will be appreciated. i know a bit of topic but really wanna know!
    edited May 2014
    Never mind the drops how do you gain profession experience to be able to craft some of the stuff in professions? I have tried to read up on it but didn't get anything useful. Any help will be appreciated. i know a bit of topic but really wanna know!

You level the BI profession through the IWD campaign. You have to get enough reputation, coins etc to level up the BI profession. Maximum level is 3. Open the campaign window and you will find it there.
  • shootyer010shootyer010 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for replying. Is there a guide of how many experience or coins you have to get before you level up?
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for replying. Is there a guide of how many experience or coins you have to get before you level up?

If you click on each task in the campaign, it will show a pop up description of the task and what resources are needed to start/complete the task.

For example, if you want to level the BI profession to level 2, you can click on the task Baerick's Iceforge II and the popup window will show you that you need 75 coins, 5 dwarf gold and 10k AD to start the task.
  • myvain7myvain7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2014
    feedback of a CW if that can help : I can do a lot of damages with AOE without much success for the gloves. I've tried today with control. I arrived at the end of raid the raiders (Boss was already there with almost full life) and i have spammed entangling force (immune), steal time (immune), Arcane singularity (immune), Oppressive force (some damage), Shard of endless avalanche (immune but some damage) and magic missile. I helped a few players on ground. I don't do the side task because they were completed. I've not been very useful with all these "immune".
    At the end : gloves and epic remorhaz fang (for profession).

(forgive me for my bad english)
    Chaotic neutral - so i can do whatever the hell i want
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Raid the Raiders 6-10 man Heroic encounter in Icewind pass is broken since the last patch , all 6 chests and 3 of the barrels have disappeared or been removed so now it is not possible to complete the HE making it even more difficult for players who are still missing gloves to get them
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I tried 3 times to follow script this morning, DC, GWF and CW.. nothing in return, just more junk. I cant count how many Ive done, at least 2-3 each day since start of mod 3, as many as 6-7 on each toon I have, so dozens anyways. I have nothing in return not one drop for any of them, not even a non class drop for any of them on all of these runs.

Its not even worth the time for me at this point, especially after the cward announcement, there isnt much hope of progression in the game.

I am just concentrating on the boons I guess and leaving it at that.. I loathe doing these HEs now, without some sort of return.

This is truly one of the worst gating environments Ive seen.. PLEASE allow them to be purchased instead. There is plenty of stuff you can give out during the he events to make players play them instead.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Raid the Raiders 6-10 man Heroic encounter in Icewind pass is broken since the last patch , all 6 chests and 3 of the barrels have disappeared or been removed so now it is not possible to complete the HE making it even more difficult for players who are still missing gloves to get them

You may have come across a bugged encounter because this is not true. I completed Raid the Raiders last night and looted almost all the food, barrels, and chests myself before dying. Still didn't get epic drop, but didn't get troll loot either. The encounter itself seemed to be working fine.
    edited May 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    You may have come across a bugged encounter because this is not true. I completed Raid the Raiders last night and looted almost all the food, barrels, and chests myself before dying. Still didn't get epic drop, but didn't get troll loot either. The encounter itself seemed to be working fine.

Yeah I got to the one I reported first too and set fire to the hay and scared the horses away but all 6 chests and 3 of the barrels of food/weapons failed to spawn so yeah probably just a buggy HE but probably worth the developers just taking a look at .
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a DC, anecdotal evidence is that you need to slot for heals but not buff/debuff, because that is the role the encounter wants you to fill, even though it might not actually be the most useful thing you could be doing.

Don't try to DPS, for sure.

On my DC I got both the weap and the bracers on the major HEs not the Epics...and all I did was heal heal heal. They came very easy which was a surprise because on my GWF I've done a ton more epic HE's and just did get the weap but no sign of bracers. But that was just my experience.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I agree with the evidence that you have to slot for heals on a DC. I slotted in astral shield for sunburst and got my gauntlets in the next HE I did, still kept daunting light and divine glow. Which was "Raid the Raiders" and I arrived about mid-battle. Too I changed my weapon enchant from lesser frost to lesser vorpal, so I know that had an affect.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *sigh* Another day of following the script, nothing. I got a random GWF Epic Offhand (otherwise know as RAD).
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    *sigh* Another day of following the script, nothing. I got a random GWF Epic Offhand (otherwise know as RAD).

I really gotta say following script doesnt exactly work 100% of the time regardless of efforts to push the opposite. Shoot my sense is it doesnt work period and those following script and getting it and being rewarded with Black Ice gear fall into the lucky chosen few. Since launch my GF has gotten diddly squat (no gloves no main hand) and I have lost count on how many Epic or major encounters I have run in both DV and IWP. End result is obscene amount of lost countless hours with little to any to show for my effort. I have literally never seen an RNG for a micro pack (mod) release as bad as this in any mmo I play.

As for the slight chance the devs have a "fix" for this coming next week...I would hope so cause this mod is fast becoming an utter bust.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You guys should read Hume, you're all corealating events that are essentially random.

Saying that, I got my gloves after spinning round three times in that big tent with the chests, then dancing seductively for exactly 30 seconds.

Maybe you should try that, but it only works on Fridays.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    At least you got the 150 BI reward.
  • brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    I'd be happy if I could trade one of the Mainhands I keep getting in for a pair of Gauntlets or maybe 2 main hands for a single pair of gauntlets.

Well, yeah, the fact that the Lewt Fairy has been nice to me does not mean I like RNG. In fact ...
  • catchtheteemocatchtheteemo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    I had to send both my DC and GF for therapy because they got severe depression in Mod 3....

If they don't recover soon, I might have to retire them and send them to the Nevermental Institute for the Cryptically Depressed...

Ah, my CW & DC are already there. Will give you some drinks when u enroll in.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    daaly wrote: »
    I really gotta say following script doesnt exactly work 100% of the time regardless of efforts to push the opposite. Shoot my sense is it doesnt work period and those following script and getting it and being rewarded with Black Ice gear fall into the lucky chosen few. Since launch my GF has gotten diddly squat (no gloves no main hand) and I have lost count on how many Epic or major encounters I have run in both DV and IWP. End result is obscene amount of lost countless hours with little to any to show for my effort. I have literally never seen an RNG for a micro pack (mod) release as bad as this in any mmo I play.

As for the slight chance the devs have a "fix" for this coming next week...I would hope so cause this mod is fast becoming an utter bust.

Okay..doing the script only increases your chances...it will not give you 100%. IT ONLY IMPROVES YOUR CHANCES OF AN EPIC DROP.

Then the RNG takes over.

ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR DOING THE RIGHT ENCOUNTERS...CURRENTLY THERE ARE ONLY 4 THAT DROP BLACK ICE GEAR...2 FOR EACH.

Your not gonna get the drops if your not doing the right encounters.

Yes I am getting tired of answering this same question.
  • realramaladnirealramaladni Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2014
    I am completely unhappy that I actually have to work for my gear instead of having it handed to me. This is completely unlikely of how Neverwinter has been going so please change it, I want only good things and no less good things.
    Hot Pants

#1 Enemy Team PvP Devoted Cleric

Best rapper 2014
    Alpha female
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The way you work for gear though is kind of boring. This is bad design:
    1) dude sitting at front of zone waiting for HE to spawn is as productive as
    2) dude forming groups and actively demolishing content waiting for HE to spawn.

In the end, both those people will get gloves at the same expected time. It is suspicious to me as a design for a game. The reward for grinding is enchantments, but the reward for grinding is not productive in terms of your goals. You can't really advance yourself through work. You advance yourself through waiting to work and working briefly. It is kind of suspicious.

One could say it takes out the grind I suppose..
  • iamsofirediamsofired Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Have spent longer than most grinding the events - got my gloves today from raid the raider then another pair from the raid the raider the very next time. Dont know if they changed the drop rate after update or not.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    prettycelt wrote: »
    i love it when people get on their high horses here and act as though they have all the answers, and "look, it's simple". Well it isn't and so glad you got your %$#& gloves, the rest of us haven't, and that's after doing all the same things as have been suggested all throughout this thread.

Yeah, we get it, only certain encounters give the drops (which frankly in and of itself is a whole different problem)...if you can find them. I have literally had one "raid the raiders" encounter show up since this began. And that one was bugged! I've seen remorhaz a grand total of five or six times! So don't sit there and preach at me. Please. The most basic percentage odds would seem to indicate that after 3 weeks of endless grinding, doing as many epic he's as possible, i'd have gotten at least gloves or main hand by now, but nothing. Not even a drop for another class.

There is no defense for this loot system as it stands. None. It needs to be changed and the sooner the better.

i have had it. Go screw your selves. I am sorry you did not play test at all on preview and now want to complain about the rng. Get over your entitled selves. Good luck and don"t bother asking me how things work
    edited May 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    i have had it. Go screw your selves. I am sorry you did not play test at all on preview and now want to complain about the rng. Get over your entitled selves. Good luck and don"t bother asking me how things work

That's what I said a few pages back , you try to give them tips and they act like it's your fault they fail , dunno what all the fuss is about though , i'm not having any problems xD .

6SQWr5a.jpg
  • daalydaaly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Okay..doing the script only increases your chances...it will not give you 100%. IT ONLY IMPROVES YOUR CHANCES OF AN EPIC DROP.

Then the RNG takes over.

ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR DOING THE RIGHT ENCOUNTERS...CURRENTLY THERE ARE ONLY 4 THAT DROP BLACK ICE GEAR...2 FOR EACH.

Your not gonna get the drops if your not doing the right encounters.

Yes I am getting tired of answering this same question.

Cayapp appreciate the heads up but I spent considerble time on Mod 3 beta so I am aware of which encounters one needs to do to try for the black ice gloves and main hand....as are many of the others posting here that have essentially been getting nothing but some raw black ice maybe an uncommon crafting component as a reward for some time. Fustration is fast taking over which explains some of the sharp tempers players are heading towards. You had a decent run of good luck in the amount of gloves/weapons you recieved however you must admit that your run of good luck and that of some of the others are the exception to the rule and not the standard.

In addition, with the devs stating that an adjustment/hotfix is planned for next week to address encounter loot issues this leaves many of us who have done exactly as you have stated since launch and not one black ice equipment piece to show for the wasted time that the encounter loot issues many have brought up repeatedly since launch may finally be getting addressed correctly.

You've stated your getting tired of answering the same questions repeatedly which is understandable however by the same token the majority of players are quite frankly getting tired of running the needed encounters for black ice pieces since launch for nothing. As someone stated earlier, I think the main issue is the RNG is not coded to properly assign the correct loot % when numbers of participants exceed the minimum players needed...it may be something else rearing its head that no one has considered yet.
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    16 pages of discussion ... one single phrase to end it :

If you get your stuff from 1st raid, who will continue raiding ?
    Keep raiding :)
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If youre lucky enough to be at one of these events right when it spawns and get you some of the 1st licks in and stay active througout- this is the best change you will have at getting the drops. Pay attn to what time you saw one of the events last and then a lil less than 1 hour later keep your eyes peeled. ;) Good luck everyone!

ADD: Also to remind people, and as stated previously by another poster: Participate in what the Heroic is telling you to do. Just like with quests, read the tracker and perform the tasks. Whether it be to free a captive, revive a captive, etc, do that stuff too!
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi, I am playing a GF, and so far I completed 20 epic HEs, 57 major HEs and more than 100 minor HEs. So far I got 2 purple drops. one was a ressource (mithral ingot), the other one was an epic item for CWs (Elk Tribe Noble's Orb).

Can anyone tell me what HEs I should do to get the black ice gauntlets for a GF, and HOW I should do them best to have a high chance to get the gauntlets?

Thx.