What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Coalescent Wards

Comments

• Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I remember buying coal wards @ 110-150K ea, now they went to 250K, and you seen the price of perfects rise for example a P. Vorpal now has gone up my about 1M AD they hover around 7 MIL. This change is now going to push perfects well out of the range of most casual players.

Considering its a 1% chance to bind a weapon/armor enchant using a press ward makes it a stupid gamble. Looking at it now here is what I see happening this is all if you were building them from shards all the way up to perfect

Lesser Enchantments going up by 500K -> Needs 1 Coal to Make a Lesser Going from a shard
    Normal Enchantments going up by 1.5M -> Needs 3 Coal Wards to Make a Normal Going from a shard
    Greater Enchantments going up by 3.0M -> Needs 6 Coal Wards to Make a Greater Going from a shard
    Perfect Enchantments going up by 6.0M -> Needs 12 Coal Wards to Make a Perfect Going from a shard

and prices will get even worse if the coal prices push past 500K ea. These prices do not even include marks needed either. So save your coin the economy is about to get a lot worse in NW.

If they are going to leave this BOA on Coals from the Tradebar Merchant and Invoc Chest. Then Please increase the bind rate from 1% - 5% so using press wards is somewhat viable.

Yup, which is why I boycott the enchantment system altogether.

brilliant energy for my weapons,.. lesser armour enchants (resurrection one) for my armours.

They going to pull this sort of stuff, not going to care. Simple as that.

Also yet another reason to not care about PvP.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    PvP is not the reason I use enchantments.
  • Options
    ethandwethandw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lesser Enchantments going up by 500K -> Needs 1 Coal to Make a Lesser Going from a shard
    Normal Enchantments going up by 1.5M -> Needs 3 Coal Wards to Make a Normal Going from a shard
    Greater Enchantments going up by 3.5M -> Needs 7 Coal Wards to Make a Greater Going from a shard
    Perfect Enchantments going up by 7.5M -> Needs 15 Coal Wards to Make a Perfect Going from a shard

Thanks Folks, Corrections to my Cost Calculation due to the Coal Ward Increase here is what you can expect to see in the next few weeks
    Pay attention - his calculation had been wrong and was fixed. It is even more pricey then previously posted..
  • Options
    moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2014
    evrisa wrote: »
    The inability for some people to not reach top gear levels and, hence performance, because they do not have the money is sickening. This game is more about "how to make AD" then it is anything else.

Well, lessers and r7's are still not too hard to get. Farming is always an option. All you need is a guild that does dungeon runs. This game is sort of about "how to make AD" past that point tho. Not sure why it's sickening that perfects cost more than lessers. You can still earn what you need by playing the game.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    Greater Enchantments going up by 3.5M -> Needs 7 Coal Wards to Make a Greater Going from a shard
    Perfect Enchantments going up by 7.5M -> Needs 15 Coal Wards to Make a Perfect Going from a shard

Thanks Folks, Corrections to my Cost Calculation due to the Coal Ward Increase here is what you can expect to see in the next few weeks

If you have the AD NOW BUY IT WHILE ITS LISTED!!! Before everyone yanks down their stuff and relists @ a lot higher pricing.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the prize of CWard will go up more then 500k why?

Cuz anyone want to buy it . And when ppl start realize "Search for item : Ward Quality :Rare = result : Item not found " then they will open zen/ad waaat missing ? 0 ZEN . Then the prize of CWard will go up to even 600 -700 k i am 100% sure .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The only enchants that are not affected too much: Plaguefire, Tenebrous, Tranquility, Bronzewood. The rest are skyrocketing anyway. 30 more minutes more and lets grab any perfects under 7k. I think there are only a few guys that can do these major buy out, better buy some before they do, easy AD gain.
  • Options
    xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cool just what we needed more BoP items whats up next BoP enhancements.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's a bit too much 'the sky is falling' in this thread.
    I think you're all looking at this slightly incorrectly; you're assuming that you're going to keep buying Cwards and making your own enchants.

Try looking at it this way instead: instead of buying the wards and making things yourself, buy the finished product instead.

People farming lockboxes are still going to have the same amount of Cwards and will still want/need to flip them for some return on their investment. As was stated earlier, they won't be able to directly flip them now. So, the next option for them is to flip them indirectly. In other words, they'll start using their 'free' Cwards to make things that are unbound that people will want to buy; this should create a little more competition in the enchantment selling arena and drive prices down (obviously someone in this position will want to under-sell what the straight-up cost would be). I suspect that the prices of Lesser Enchants will take a bit of a dive after this change.

That being said, I do agree that the zen price of Cwards is too high and their availability via grind is too low. For example: I've gotten a grand total of 4 CWards from the CoWA box in the last 6 months over 5 characters. That's only enough for 4 Lessers or 1 Normal Enchant (out of the 10 enchantments I would want to gear all 5 characters).
  • Options
    mpoxlasmpoxlas Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the prize of CWard will go up more then 500k why?

Cuz anyone want to buy it . And when ppl start realize "Search for item : Ward Quality :Rare = result : Item not found " then they will open zen/ad waaat missing ? 0 ZEN . Then the prize of CWard will go up to even 600 -700 k i am 100% sure .

Yeah math genius. Coal wards go for 1000*zen on the zen market. Each zen has a maximum price of 500AD each. 500*1000= 600000, 700000.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    The only enchants that are not affected too much: Plaguefire, Tenebrous, Tranquility, Bronzewood. The rest are skyrocketing anyway. 30 more minutes more and lets grab any perfects under 7k. I think there are only a few guys that can do these major buy out, better buy some before they do, easy AD gain.

Pff and i am agan at work . My ad is on my bank each time somthing profitable happens "100%INFERNO bug /Gloves" i am at work :(.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    atlaskeanatlaskean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    Removed by user
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »

Plaguefire is affected, it used to be at 2.8m now you find it at 4.5m before the change in the cwards, probably it's going to be higher now. Good thing is that I bought almost every cward in the ah yesterday, the top should be 500k each but if it can be higher, that would be a lot better.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mpoxlas wrote: »
    I just won't get what you people are whining about. So does it make a difference bop/boa/boe when you can always use a coal ward to make a lesser enchantment and sell it at the AH? It's not like the way you acquire coal wards changed. All I see here is your whining way of constantly raising the AH prices. Welcome to the hebrew market. No offense.

Teach me how to use lesser enchantment to make normal if I have two lessers.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    mpoxlasmpoxlas Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Teach me how to use lesser enchantment to make normal if I have two lessers.
    The gods are always in your favor. Get a coal ward to any of your accounts the way you did before , excluding AH and trade the lesser vorpals to the account that has it bound. Refine your lesser vorpal > trade it back.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    With this new Coal change, I would expect them to do a Zen Store sale on all wards, to generate more revenue
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Try looking at it this way instead: instead of buying the wards and making things yourself, buy the finished product instead.

People farming lockboxes are still going to have the same amount of Cwards and will still want/need to flip them for some return on their investment. As was stated earlier, they won't be able to directly flip them now. So, the next option for them is to flip them indirectly. In other words, they'll start using their 'free' Cwards to make things that are unbound that people will want to buy; this should create a little more competition in the enchantment selling arena and drive prices down (obviously someone in this position will want to under-sell what the straight-up cost would be). I suspect that the prices of Lesser Enchants will take a bit of a dive after this change.

Sorry, but I kinda have to correct you. The Lockboxers might buy up SHARDS and turn them into Lessers. And why sell 'cheap' Lessers (the one taking a 'Dive' in your theory) when the one providing the Coal Wards as byproduct to Lockboxing can put a juicy price hike on them, instead of expending AD to buy a purple Refine Stone AND also feed Refine points into the Enchant?
    Expect a Lesser to be at least 500k now, even from a Lockboxer, and people WILL buy for that price, especially when the Lockboxers control access to Vorpal, Bilethorn, Barkshield, Soulforge (well, easy access outside of $Cha-Ching€!).
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Everyone is discussing the in-game market effects. My concern is the out of game market. I've seen a lot of online games. This really looks like Neverwinter has decided they have aquired their white whales and it is harvest time. The content will continue to be higher end grinds with an easy (If you have a decent income) buyout option to gain access. Several people have pointed out how this hurts new players. That is not the point. Development will focus on giving new challenges to existing players who feel they are invested in the game. While constantly raising the wealth bar to stay competitive.
  • Options
    pprandompprandom Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Was anyone ever able to refine a lesser without the C ward? Or is that 1% just there a complete facade
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Edit: Carry on, I'm half asleep. I have to get out of this habit of moderating first thing after waking up....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pprandom wrote: »
    Was anyone ever able to refine a lesser without the C ward? Or is that 1% just there a complete facade

I have tried several times in the past and I failed each time. The 1% is real :( Concidering this it is cheaper to get a coal ward.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mpoxlas wrote: »
    Yeah math genius. Coal wards go for 1000*zen on the zen market. Each zen has a maximum price of 500AD each. 500*1000= 600000, 700000.

Top ZEN Listings
    The listings below show the best prices for ZEN right now.

Available Quantity
    Unit Price
    No data available in table
    So i am a no math genius.

See it as i see I buy pay pal 1000 zen why soud i sell my 1000 zen for 500k when i can make from it more ? 600-700k
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The fact that you have to put a pres ward in the slot makes it not really worth the hassle of using pres wards. Also knowing my luck I'd get a really bad streak of luck and have to use like 300 wards.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    People in some guilds apparently used to make lesser enchants from shards under the old system when their banks started to fill up with too many of the trashier ones. They'd spam fusions and occasionally come up lucky, and losing 1 shard per attempt of stuff nobody really wanted anyway was no big deal.

Now trashy shards become refinement points for whatever and 99% chance of failure mean you'll lose all 3 reagent shards instead of just 1. It's not really feasible like it used to be.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Neverwinter Team ruined her game in 1 day . No offens but devs need to reconsider this.

Explaniton : Nobody will sell her zen cuz if i can make from my zen 120-130% profit why shoud i ?

Problem : No free player can respec or buy somthing from zen store.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    Sorry, but I kinda have to correct you. The Lockboxers might buy up SHARDS and turn them into Lessers. And why sell 'cheap' Lessers (the one taking a 'Dive' in your theory) when the one providing the Coal Wards as byproduct to Lockboxing can put a juicy price hike on them, instead of expending AD to buy a purple Refine Stone AND also feed Refine points into the Enchant?
    Expect a Lesser to be at least 500k now, even from a Lockboxer, and people WILL buy for that price, especially when the Lockboxers control access to Vorpal, Bilethorn, Barkshield, Soulforge (well, easy access outside of $Cha-Ching€!).

Except people like to under-cut each other in order to ensure that their listing sells. Ie: competition.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, I don't see myself making any more characters as equipping them has gone from out of my price range to WAY out of my price range. On the bright side, I'll no longer need to buy zen for new mounts, companions...etc.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Of course Cryptic's first priority is to make money. it's a company, that's what companies do for a living.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I was floored when I read this patch note. All I can say is these guys are really looking to destroy the playerbase. I don't see many new players sticking with the game after this change.