test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Coalescent Wards

evrisaevrisa Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
"Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status."

WHY???
Post edited by evrisa on

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    :(Sigh.. lets say that the player base, begged on its knees not to let this happen, but it did, you saw the repercussions last night, in fact one player said he bought 20 coal wards as soon as he found out on the legit channel.

Ya.. sadness and tears to follow. Pricing will spike in the short term and will settle at a much higher rate on everything in the long run.

Not good for the game and not good for balance either.
  • Options
    tydingco671tydingco671 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are u going Bonkers O_O u do know if u do this the prices for coal wards will go up and new player wont be able to make what they been wanting right? look at it this way, if u make coal wards bind on account off tarmalune bars. players will buy less enchanted keys from zen market. the reason we buy those keys in the first place is so we trade them for coal wards in game. what sells more is the keys. once u bind those coal wards to accounts it would be less profitable for both in game players and yourselves. we buy at least 25-30 keys for one coal ward and most of the time we aint so lucky in those boxes. so we try again and again more money for you more fun for us. think about it before u make rash decisions cause keys and coal wards is ur best bet for making urselves new players and nmore and more money.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If the problem is the "new players" they will just add a promotion like: are you a new player and need some help to get your enchants? for $10 you will get a pack of 5 Cwards BoA/BoP! those new players that never had a chance to get a cheap cward in the ah (because they weren't in the game and/or doesn't know anything about it) will say: wow this is my opportunity! time to make a couple of enchants! either for sale or for himself/herself.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pfff.... people will just start buying AD from ebay or any e-auction to get coal wards, at least more people will start to do that since it was common practice for many... next thing we'll see will be enchantments becoming BoP and BoC
    they could at least lower the zen price of it
    edit: while coal ward prices will rise of course, because of that patch enchantment prices will skyrocket as well so be prepared for lesser enchantments prices above 500k, good work really good work
  • Options
    tydingco671tydingco671 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it not only the new players. its old ones as well we all know that cryptic makes alot of money off keys in neverwinter and that we work with keys a if it is our currency in game. we buy more keys for new things to try out and cryptic makes money. we make new toons and cryptic makes even more money because keys is our number 1 item we love so much in game. and if they make a new player add like that so be it, but remember not every1 here uses cash to buy zen we use ad exchange which other players buy over 30k zen and sell them for us financially disabled players.
  • Options
    kuskusgilakuskusgila Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    Doesn't help at all with the enchantments prices getting higher
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, don't forget something, lockboxes are their best income of $$ so we might see sooner or later a new lockbox including a pack/cache with a rare chance to drop cwards.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    cloud990pl wrote: »
    they could at least lower the zen price of it

Never. They'll just let the AH drive the Coal price towards equilibrium with the Zen Store price and then light a cigar.

New players stand no chance now unless they or their parents are rich. I remember buying Coal Wards for 120k in February. Cheapest one I saw before the server went down was 330k.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    vscoutvvscoutv Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I.M.O., new players will decide being competitive is out of reach and move on. Not just because of this alone. The price of goods in general have risen dramatically. If I started playing today, I probably would move on after about a week.
    As a young boy chasing Dragons with your wooden sword so mighty, You're St. George or you're David and you always killed the beast
    Times change very quickly And you had to grow up early. A house in smoking ruins and the bodies at your feet ~Iron Maiden
  • Options
    iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, don't forget something, lockboxes are their best income of $$ so we might see sooner or later a new lockbox including a pack/cache with a rare chance to drop cwards.

There are already lockboxes with a (very low) chance to drop a coal from the enchantment pack in them.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • Options
    vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    The coal price on the AH will eventually reach out to meet the Zen store price + 10% extra.
    However, people who open 1000s of lockboxes will still get coals which will be of much higher value even though they can't be sold directly.

So who do you think will dominate the enchant market after this...
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well before the "new" refine system a perfect as far as i remember went for 10-12M AD now its half that, prices will now go back up to 10M+ again imo(speculate) and it was no problem then. But i agree for players that need a lesser its way way more expensive.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The whole point of the new system was supposedly because noone was using enchants so now what they do is make is stick with a crappier refinement system where we can't get free coal wards and have to pay more to enter the enchantment market and now pretty much don't make any savings on the perfect enchants. I'm glad I have a perfect already but I completely regret giving any money at all to such a greedy company. What also annoys me is some people defend them. I really dislike cryptic for doing this. They're not making content that has long term playability and reducing player growth rates, and they continue to release incredibly buggy modules. At the prices they charge in the zen store you'd expect a premium game, not something developed by amateurs.

I also dunno why people spend many hundreds to thousands on a game that feels so unrewarding money wise. I'd only consider spending that much if I felt like I got my monies worth which this game is far from providing. Instead it feels like they care more about filling their own pockets (probably doing it inefficiently) than providing a well made product where the customers that support them feel valued.
  • Options
    isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    On the other side, this change could decrease the demand of zen. As someone has said before, opening tons of lockboxes was a profitable thing mostly because of coal wards.
  • Options
    atlaskeanatlaskean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    Removed by user
  • Options
    glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    alright - from a practical point - what does this do to enchantments, are they bound or not bound when created.

If they continue to be not bound - then does this really change anything ? I mean other than some high enchantements/ artifact having a 20 or 15% success rate. Perhaps a slight buff to drop rates from the 7 day prayer box to compensate ?

You are right that it means people are PROBABLY less likely to buy keys to open lockboxes to gain trade bars to get wards. But on the other hand it will probably only change a small percentage of what is going on in the action house right now.

Please remember that the action house is running at extremely inflated prices. If anything it seems to me this goes against a cash grab. I think this will lower the amount of zen people will want for awhile. maybe when the auction house calms down again they will change the decision.

I point to the pricing of the white pearl in the icewind dale shop at 600 ad as a move to cap auction house prices rather than to be a serious source of people to purchase them for use. 600 ad is just too much considering how easy they are to get from other sources.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ive seen ups and downs on tons of games since I started playing ultima online, most I can live with.. but wowzers not having access in game to items you need to play, thats harsh, one of the worst things Ive seen in along time.

Why not put all gear in the shop? Im sure some poeple would just buy that as well.
  • Options
    giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well some people do have some tradebars spread around different characters so I suppose this would help them. If PWE is trying to get the price of a coalescent to stabilize at 1000 ZEN, well that has always seemed a bit high to everyone. Maybe 500 ZEN instead. I would also like it if the drop rate for a coalescent from the coffer of wondrous augmentation was increased by about 5%.
  • Options
    atlaskeanatlaskean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    Removed by user
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is a big move... but spected. At last for me. Everyone knows that nobody buys coalescent wards at 1000 zen, and thats the prize they should have (in cryptic calcs), or the equivalent in ADs like preservation wards.

I can see coal wards as a Zen Sink, like Greater mark of potency are AD sinks. Next days, higher enchants will rise in prize, but if people dont buy enough enchants, prizes will go down, and who will adjust the prizes?

For each high level enchant you need:
    Shards (already at low prizes)
    Coal wards
    Greater mark of potency
    Peridots (and others but mostly peridots)

Who will lower the prizes if people dont buy perfects at 10M? Yes Peridots will go down. Bots will earn less money. I see this move in this direction, like the new refinement system. Months ago, bots were selling 99 stacks for 1M, now they are 150k-250k because of the new refinement system and greater marks that bots cant farm. Bots cant farm coal wards also.

If cryptic recover the control of the prizes, they can do what they want with coal wards or greater marks drop more, or give with promotions or what they want.

At last is my view of this.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Well before the "new" refine system a perfect as far as i remember went for 10-12M AD now its half that, prices will now go back up to 10M+ again imo(speculate) and it was no problem then. But i agree for players that need a lesser its way way more expensive.

Prayer Coals were not bound, there were accounts active then that are no longer active.
    It reinforces that additional character slots for 250k are more viable than a second account.
    It reinforces that dungeon content can now have a say in the coal market using shards to regulate prices.

It does make a botters life easier and it does inflate the value of refinement points.

I agree that it's not a first-timer friendly game anymore, and the onus is on the community to coach the new players effectively, and ultimately form cohesive guilds with in-house progression moreso than RNG winners. - More Co-Op.

I doubt the brand salivated at the change within the game.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    giggliato wrote: »
    Well some people do have some tradebars spread around different characters so I suppose this would help them. If PWE is trying to get the price of a coalescent to stabilize at 1000 ZEN, well that has always seemed a bit high to everyone. Maybe 500 ZEN instead. I would also like it if the drop rate for a coalescent from the coffer of wondrous augmentation was increased by about 5%.

Put BOP Coal Wards in T2 dungeon's chest loot table. I've run TOS 15-times and have received 15 belts I don't need/want. I'd gladly take a Coal Ward on at least one of those occasions.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Put BOP Coal Wards in T2 dungeon's chest loot table. I've run TOS 15-times and have received 15 belts I don't need/want. I'd gladly take a Coal Ward on at least one of those occasions.

If BoA Coal from 7/7 Invoke seems to be on 0.01% already, the T2 Coals would be 0.0001% (because you can run more dungeons than invokes - at least as long as you follow the ToS and don't have more than 2 Accounts).
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Coalescent Ward are 1000z in the Zen market - they always have been.

All anyone needs to do is to look at the Zen Exchanges and multiply the current best rate by 1000 to determine the Astral Diamond cost of the the blue ward. Hence, at 500/1 exchange rate the Blue Coalescent Ward will cost 500,000 AD. if it sells for this in the AH then buy it.

However, when the exchange rate drops to 400/1 then that is too high a price, because it will cost 400,000 AD. This makes the 500,000 AD Auction House version too expensive. So you convert AD, then buy the Coalescent Ward from Zen Market (which is always UNBOUND), then sell it at AH for 500,000 because too many people aren't even thinking about converting AD to Zen to buy it more cheaply at Zen market.

BOOM! 1000 AD Profit.

-shrugs-
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    I remember buying coal wards @ 110-150K ea, now they went to 250K, and you seen the price of perfects rise for example a P. Vorpal now has gone up my about 1M AD they hover around 7 MIL. This change is now going to push perfects well out of the range of most casual players.

Considering its a 1% chance to bind a weapon/armor enchant using a press ward makes it a stupid gamble. Looking at it now here is what I see happening this is all if you were building them from shards all the way up to perfect

Lesser Enchantments going up by 500K -> Needs 1 Coal to Make a Lesser Going from a shard
    Normal Enchantments going up by 1.5M -> Needs 3 Coal Wards to Make a Normal Going from a shard
    Greater Enchantments going up by 3.0M -> Needs 6 Coal Wards to Make a Greater Going from a shard
    Perfect Enchantments going up by 6.0M -> Needs 12 Coal Wards to Make a Perfect Going from a shard

and prices will get even worse if the coal prices push past 500K ea. These prices do not even include marks needed either. So save your coin the economy is about to get a lot worse in NW.

If they are going to leave this BOA on Coals from the Tradebar Merchant and Invoc Chest. Then Please increase the bind rate from 1% - 5% so using press wards is somewhat viable.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

This was stated in regards to how the player base should provide feedback.

PWE would do well to take this advice for themselves.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Your math is off for Greaters and Perfects. Greater is 7 wards, Perfects are 15. Double the previous rank and add 1 ward to combine them.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lesser Enchantments going up by 500K -> Needs 1 Coal to Make a Lesser Going from a shard
    Normal Enchantments going up by 1.5M -> Needs 3 Coal Wards to Make a Normal Going from a shard
    Greater Enchantments going up by 3.0M -> Needs 6 Coal Wards to Make a Greater Going from a shard
    Perfect Enchantments going up by 6.0M -> Needs 12 Coal Wards to Make a Perfect Going from a shard

7 for greater
    15 for perfect

You have to remember you need 2 normals and 1 coal to get it to greater.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    Greater Enchantments going up by 3.5M -> Needs 7 Coal Wards to Make a Greater Going from a shard
    Perfect Enchantments going up by 7.5M -> Needs 15 Coal Wards to Make a Perfect Going from a shard

Thanks Folks, Corrections to my Cost Calculation due to the Coal Ward Increase here is what you can expect to see in the next few weeks
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Just a side note everyone is already complaining about zen store prices of the coal for 1000 zen... Well @ the 500K coal point isn't that what you are paying now 1000*500=500K =)

So there is a quick solution to this whole mess -> take 500K get your 1000 Zen -> Buy the coal and poof its unbound.... Now unless my math is seriously off that should be about right.