test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    iron vangourd gives better dps,cc and utily then swordmaster pls fix this iron vangourd is tank path not a the dps-cc path
    Post Mod 3 I believe Swordmaster is the higher DPS Paragon Path, particularly in the Destroyer tree... At least from my testing.

Weapon Master Strike's debuff/increased damage effect is really good when you have 40% extra damage from Destroyer's Purpose end cap ability going. ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Post Mod 3 I believe Swordmaster is the higher DPS Paragon Path, particularly in the Destroyer tree... At least from my testing.

Weapon Master Strike's debuff/increased damage effect is really good when you have 40% extra damage from Destroyer's Purpose end cap ability going. ;)

yea but switching from sure to wicked sucks balls :D

<- Lazy
    Paladin Master Race
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    actually I do not know. before I thought, due to synergy between the slam (Battle Awareness) / wicked strike / Trample the Fallen iv not only have a better damage overall, as would be more versatile.

but with the change in the Relentless Fury Battle sm won 2 good slots encounter that may outweigh the fs (the main reason being iv).

Now, if on one hand the very improvement in Disciple of War outweigh the battle awareness (for sm) he brings to the iv a new synergy with the bleed (which in my opinion the sm can put aside now).

if I were to bet, the sm is more fluid, but the iv with the right job and a high gear, can do more damage.

ps: but this is only theoretical. I detest the iv aesthetics and used only to provide feedback about the damage boosts.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014

for pve might be better but in pvp iron vangourd will stay the best dps path
    edited April 2014
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    Unstoppable seems to be depleting much faster than on live. Was this ability nerfed? I am sorry if this has been mentioned already i didnt see it in patch notes or the forum. The time feels like its been cut by about a third.

could be they stealth nerf it again after they fail to do it with mod 1
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If it wasn't obvious, I was referring to PvE. My apologies for the confusion... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • oreonmilkoreonmilk Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2014
    Hey guys, I have a question hopefully those tried it in PTR can enlighten.. Does Deep gash dmg affected by only our Base power? Or does it increases with buffed power stats as well (eg; madness, link spirit, etc) ?
    edited April 2014

if the sure strike bonus is active, it is so remote or irrelevant that I do not get it.

eventually the sequence of the sure strike is interrupted during unstoppable, especially near the end. I do not know if it has something to do with the nerf not stated in the cancellation along with this power.

history repeats itself: skidding on the ice against enemies that take almost all my hp, and then comes a cw and does much more damage without need accumulating dozens of stacks that do not take into account my 145% critical severity.... at least alteration in bf / roar / takedown were really good.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    could be they stealth nerf it again

Unstoppable on Previous is significantly shorter than on Live, and as no patch stated it was changed, this has to be a bug. Fix it
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Swordmaster paragon path skill, Flourish does not benefit from armor penetration like it used to
    edited April 2014
    not have to fix anything; assume the mea culpa equal to the ranger. the projection given to gwf is absolutely wrong, and this class very poorly adapted to the new content,

big stacks systems, buffs that do not consider critical, low aoe options, fake single boost (and mechanic nerf)... but, oh my god, good ibs non critical+aoe control... gwf is the exact opposite of what it should be.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Encounter Leap Feedback: This ability is REALLY lackluster and I think it would be VERY cool to implement an AOE "stun" upon impact in the ability, or better would even be to reduce the size of the aoe damage but implement a "knockdown" on the ability. This would make it a very useful skill and open ALOT more options for GWFs.
  • horebehorebe Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014

So the IV Sentinel still in play on PVP? Even with the damage nerfs and almost 0 buffs at the tree?
    edited April 2014
    ok, Calmer now - sorry for the bad education again. - I tested the new sure strike / executioner style on ice and dv (non epic). I'm 99% sure that the bonus is not being applied.

could anyone confirm?

99% correct that is unstoppable smaller now . before I could use 3 times the reaping strike, now only 2.
    edited April 2014
    horebe wrote: »
    So the IV Sentinel still in play on PVP? Even with the damage nerfs and almost 0 buffs at the tree?

yeah iv con sentinel is still way better then 2 other builds for pvp
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Punishing Charge:
    With the upcoming fix to Deep Gash this power loses all interest. To me at least. It was good for applying aforementioned feat to mobs, the actual damage of the encounter power is underwhelming to say the very least. I'd love to see you implement some utility and/or increase the damage by a slight amount.
    edited April 2014
    roll back sos u can make to cant go over 3 stacks if more then 1 gwf if u do not roll back sos ppl wont have any reson to take gwf in team since cw is a lot better debuffer and do a lot more damage atm and battle fury need to give half benefits to team instead of 25% only then ppl might take 1 gwf in team instead of 4xcw how will be when mod 3 comes to live
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [*]Feats: Destroyer's Purpose: NEW This feat now grants an additional effect. When you deal damage while Unstoppable, you gain a stack of Destroyer's Purpose (max 20). Each stack of Destroyer's Purpose increases your damage by 1%. Destroyer's Purpose lasts 20 seconds.
    [/LIST]

Good luck to get the elusive 20 stacks, with mod3 Unstoppable.
    In my opinion, starting a dedicated thread about feedback on the changes on a class while hiding critical changes that are of the utmost importance to the said class, is not constructive.
    edited April 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Encounter Leap Feedback: This ability is REALLY lackluster and I think it would be VERY cool to implement an AOE "stun" upon impact in the ability, or better would even be to reduce the size of the aoe damage but implement a "knockdown" on the ability. This would make it a very useful skill and open ALOT more options for GWFs.

yeah i agree mighty leap should prone instead of slow this would make it more worth to use in pve and pvp
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Good luck to get the elusive 20 stacks, with mod3 Unstoppable.
    In my opinion, starting a dedicated thread about feedback on the changes on a class while hiding critical changes that are of the utmost importance to the said class, is not constructive.

The thing is GWF will be well short of where is has been...killing both SOS and deep gash in one hit is bad enough ... Some ninja nerds throw in also.. The class will be a shadow of what it has been.. The buffs are no where near enough... Without student of the sword the GWF will bring nothing to a party anymore.. This is the worst of the nerfs
    The worst thing though with the reworking of power and no nerfs to cw.. Cw are getting a 20-30% damage increase.. It's crazy to think this is about to happen

Module 3 = LF4M CW
    Every other class but the CW will be dead in pve
    edited April 2014
    pandapaul wrote: »
    The thing is GWF will be well short of where is has been...killing both SOS and deep gash in one hit is bad enough ... Some ninja nerds throw in also.. The class will be a shadow of what it has been.. The buffs are no where near enough... Without student of the sword the GWF will bring nothing to a party anymore.. This is the worst of the nerfs
    The worst thing though with the reworking of power and no nerfs to cw.. Cw are getting a 20-30% damage increase.. It's crazy to think this is about to happen

Module 3 = LF4M CW
    Every other class but the CW will be dead in pve

yeah i noticed this to a lot of ppl do not understand how much dps improvments cw will get with new power if 6-7k power cw and use eye of the storm and ty 100% crti chance it give cw will do some 30- 40% damage more then before

i still do not get if deep gash was broken op how is then eye of storm is not what else class have class skill which gives 100% crtic chance with allmost 100% up time
    edited April 2014
    crtic damge is bugged on gwf for example when i fully buff up ibs it do some 14-15k damage but its crtics are some 27-29k and my gwf have 145% crtic damage
    edited April 2014
    crtic damge is bugged on gwf for example when i fully buff up ibs it do some 14-15k damage but its crtics are some 27-29k and my gwf have 145% crtic damage

I already reported this; is the funniest part of it. all these boosts, including the destroyer porpose , disregard their critical severity. critical severity is only working toward the base damage, this hypothetical "40%" that is added to critical damage already calculated ... even as a modifier on the base damage, and not a debuff.

so I said the first and only significant buff that gwf received so far has been rentless battle fury.

I must have looked crazy with this sudden change of mood; but is that yesterday I had the sadistic pleasure of attending the event with the devs. was there. multiple cw destroying everything safely in a few moments and the poor gwf getting do nothing in the meantime ... off the rogue itself, pity, exposed to all the dangers (why only melee attacks are dangerous I do not know) and causing a ridiculous damage.

Will become powerful cw for pvp worth more than make all other classes useful for pve? say that bleed represented a much smaller fraction of damage is something understandable by distancing the real game, but it is impossible not to notice how the changes are insignificant against the background witnessed with an real gameplay.

ps:I never went back to spend the 40k with a critical ibs (normal number for the shard, vs 5, and control). the executioner style in general is not working anymore.

then we have the following phenomena.

buffs or are unsatisfactory for the fast gameplay, or simply is not working.

the gwf is less resistant.

low aoe.

loss of dynamic/ cancelation(why should I play with gwf now?)

no utility.

This is not a matter of fanatism with the class, is this injustice that irritates.
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The changes to GWF are shocking. Shockingly bad.

In module 2 a GWF could at least play Instigator and Sentinel and still be useful in PvE compared to the Destroyer build. Now all PvE GWFs must be destroyer. And they will be a mear shadoe of there former selves. This would not be a bad thing if CW was also getting knowced down with them but they are not. GWf used to be the only class that could be a valuable member of the group like the CW. Now we will have pure teams of W;s again no other class will have a spot.

The role a GWF needs to be in the group is top damage dealt. They have no utility now they cannot lower target defenses with student of the sword they bring no additional damage to the group. All there damage is there own. And this damage will most likely be less than any damage a CW does who also has massive control and debuffs.

It saddens me that I must become an elitist and refuse to allow any non-destroyer GWF into a PvE team. If I even ever allow them in my groups at all. I liked playing GWF with my CW friends in module 2. But now with this nerf I will be going back to my CW main and me and my CW team will not allow any class other than maybe a DC into our groups.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Another ninja nerf, on the crits this time... :(
    Gwf does zero damage when not unstoppable. Even in pve. Keeps getting smashed back, sent into the air, glued, stunned, proned, slowed and so on. Any mechanism of any for will work against him. Only once Unstoppable triggers, does the gwf start to actually deliver damage himself.
    Which damage exactly? Base damage of any of its atwill-encounter-daily is negligible. Low weapon damage (2h teaspoon), target caps. Deep gash being going to trash bin, there remains only the crits.

Delivering crits during Unstoppable time: this is the core of gwf damage. And this is where the devs have sneaked in their hidden, unmentionned ninja nerfs. The crits don't, the Unstoppable won't.

Capped crits during a reduced Unstoppable time: this is mod3
    English is not my first language.
    edited April 2014

just to give a preliminary idea. I do not know if fear is to make the destroyer has a good critical rate + high strength and still runs like a bullet with the Bravery, then do the following: let this bonus destroyer porpose conditioning the use of Steadfast Determination, with precondition for a legitimate bonus or activation of unstoppable to receive the bonus (or both since it will have a blocked by a bad feat).
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Let me ask again, addressed to the devs (gentlemancrush):

Why do you intend to limit the GWFs' offensive and defensive capabilities by this extend? What is the goal or the big picture behind it? What role do you want the GWF to take on?
    Please, enlighten us. I'm highly disappointed by your communication, the - hopefully unintended - ninja nerfs to unstoppable/crit just top this off.
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »

Why do you intend to limit the GWFs' offensive and defensive capabilities by this extend? What is the goal or the big picture behind it? What role do you want the GWF to take on?
    Please, enlighten us. I'm highly disappointed by your communication, the - hopefully unintended - ninja nerfs to unstoppable/crit just top this off.

I don't know, maybe the devs are trying to bring gwf on par with other classes. I suppose they have stats on pvp matches and have seen gwfs dominate the battlefield. just my 2p
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »

i wanna see an official answer on this too.
    right now their buffs/ninja nerfs are going to nowhere but killing the class once again.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Replies: 489
    Views: 35,476

Feedback: We dont want this all this change is about pvp and it destroy the one and only True Tank in NW .
    After i try to respec my char 30 time and asked some friends to come whit me , my Sentinel no matter what skill or feat i use cant hold agro vs CW and DC so The Big Question : How will tank in NW "the new power change ": CW rule the DPS soo much he die always( cuz he have any time the agro) so what will be the new setup in pve ? cuz the only option left is to make 4 cw to not tank adds "control adds". PS my GF cant hold the agro vs CW too . PS 2 :My GWF have 18k GS i have 5 purple pets perfect enchants spend on him more then 50 mill my GF "also have this gear spend on it 30 mill" .

Feedback 2 : Destroyer GWF almost same gear full on power armor pen critt can do 75% dmg of 1 CW is this a good DPS realy? By my all respect this is s........
    patch after patch gwf is more and more broken "even if the patch notes look fancy"

Can i ask from devs 1 time coupon to change my gear artifacts mounts for CW&race change Token cuz this is my 3rd char ruined to ground. 70 mill AD waisted an many zen i cant count my zen dont remember but i think is a lot too.

Also after so many True pvp player try out nw IWD i see Some CW Hobbyits rocking like hell on earth . Look to me The Shire invaded From Lotr Iwd. And those guys a teached by gandalf LOL. So the absolute ruler is CW now ? Best tank dps healer Nice job.

Sorry my text feels like offensive .
    But i must scribe my feelings about this change .
    The thing is after every 3-4 moth 1 of my char is ruined to hell and i must buy intensive nubers of zen to keep up even if i can recover my enchants from my chars this is not enugh ,there are artifacts and weapons armors boons . Its feels like living in a place what bombarded every 4 moth and you home is always got hit and you must rebuild all from the beginning cuz the securement always pay only the 10-20 % of you lost .

And you say hey my friends live here i dont want to leave this place but after so many ?i am considering cuz i am not stupid even if you think so.

"i write this from my phone sorry for it, if i have time i will correct it later"
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl