test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ah, mommy! :(

Cancellation is not just an old bug; is one of the fun things that gwf had and lost, but do not care as much in the end because of the bleed (strong bug).

anyway, do not need to be precisely one old school cancellation. The melee version of split shoot, if I'm not mistaken, it's like the old wms in that, leaving the pressed button, you can repeat the attack circling the opponent.

I'd love something like that. even would be good for the gf too and not hurt my fingers like the old cancellation.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Greetings Adventurers!
    With some changes coming to the way Power interacts with player powers, we thought this was a good time to fix some issues with the Great Weapon Fighter and try to better define his Destroyer and Sentinel trees.

Overview
    Deep Gash and Student of the Sword were both fairly problematic feats, being that they were very easy to reach, and Deep Gash was receiving way more damage than was ever intended. In some cases it could make up nearly 30% of the total damage output to some Great Weapon Fighters. Given this we wanted to fix this bug and move a lot of that damage deeper down the Destroyer tree to make them a much stronger DPS presence and provide them a more clear play cycle that rewarded smart use of powers and Unstoppable. To accomplish that goal we have made the following changes.
    • Feats: Steely Defense: This feat now correctly grants 4/8/12/16/20% of your Defense as Power.
    • Feats: Deep Gash: This feat no longer gains additional damage from the power that applies it.
    • Feats: Deep Gash: This feat can no longer crit. This feat now applies a bleed that ticks for 4/8/12/16/20% of your Power (up from 3/6/9/12/15%).
    • Feats: Deep Gash: This power no longer ticks immediately upon application. New applications will not reset the tick timer. Additionally this DoT now lasts 6 seconds (up from 5). It still ticks 6 times total.
    • Feats: Student of the Sword: REWORK Your Critical Strikes now lower your target's Damage Resistance to your attacks by 1/2/3/4/5%. This effect cannot stack.
    • Feats: Executioner's Strike: Indomitable Battle Strike now deals a bonus 6/12/18/24/30% bonus damage as the target's health diminishes (up from 2/3/6/8/10%).
    • Feats: Relentless Battle Fury: NEW This feat now grants an additional effect. Activating Roar, Takedown, or Battle Fury now grants you Relentless. Relentless causes you to ignore an additional 1/2/3/4/5% of the target's resistance. Relentless lasts 5 seconds.
    • Feats: Focused Destroyer: This feat now grants an additional .5/1/1.5/2/2.5% bonus damage per stack of Destroyer.
    • Feats: Battle Awareness: Savage advance now grants shorter cooldowns for 15 seconds (up from 5).
    • Feats: Destroyer's Purpose: NEW This feat now grants an additional effect. When you deal damage while Unstoppable, you gain a stack of Destroyer's Purpose (max 20). Each stack of Destroyer's Purpose increases your damage by 1%. Destroyer's Purpose lasts 20 seconds.
    hERE IS THE THING, Student of sword endeed is very strong and are making pvp a little unfair, but insteed of nerfing it, why dont just move it? got it? the problem is that feat is too easy to get, but if u move it to another tier, only pve/destroyer build will be able to reach that feat cause it's realy good feat for pve and the change on it wll lower gwf dps by alot.
    sorry for my bad english
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    hERE IS THE THING, Student of sword endeed is very strong and are making pvp a little unfair, but insteed of nerfing it, why dont just move it? got it? the problem is that feat is too easy to get, but if u move it to another tier, only pve/destroyer build will be able to reach that feat cause it's realy good feat for pve and the change on it wll lower gwf dps by alot.
    sorry for my bad english

Well... even if it's moved deeper, it should be the Instigator paragon instead of Destroyer, that path needs some working on or it'd be as dead as it is now.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So these new updates go live on this coming Friday's patch... 4/25, yes? :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So these new updates go live on this coming Friday's patch... 4/25, yes? :)

good googly moogly? :p
    edited April 2014
    erikiki1 wrote: »
    good googly moogly? :p
    Exactly good sir! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iron vangourd gives better dps,cc and utily then swordmaster pls fix this iron vangourd is tank path not a the dps-cc path
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    iron vangourd gives better dps,cc and utily then swordmaster pls fix this iron vangourd is tank path not a the dps-cc path

This was probably one of the biggest issues here with GWF and GF, the problem is a GF without iron vanguard ends up lacking a lot of things as well as for how knock locking goes. The problem is that stuns can be broken out of while knocks cannot which leads to knocks technically being the better choice for PvP and more helpful in PvE for knocking things off areas. But as I said any nerf to iron vangaurd would be a truly heavy blow to GF's. Saying that I am trying out a swordmaster GF now however I'm not expecting much as for damage comes.

Giving GWF iron vanguard to allow them to be what a GF was supposed to be while having a spammable lunge has caused many problems.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mod3, as a major patch, was the perfect moment to give back IV to GF, SM to gwf and to create actual new paths for the gwf and the GF.
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Unstoppable seems to be depleting much faster than on live. Was this ability nerfed? I am sorry if this has been mentioned already i didnt see it in patch notes or the forum. The time feels like its been cut by about a third.
    edited April 2014
    Post Mod 3 I believe Swordmaster is the higher DPS Paragon Path, particularly in the Destroyer tree... At least from my testing.

Weapon Master Strike's debuff/increased damage effect is really good when you have 40% extra damage from Destroyer's Purpose end cap ability going. ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Post Mod 3 I believe Swordmaster is the higher DPS Paragon Path, particularly in the Destroyer tree... At least from my testing.

Weapon Master Strike's debuff/increased damage effect is really good when you have 40% extra damage from Destroyer's Purpose end cap ability going. ;)

yea but switching from sure to wicked sucks balls :D

<- Lazy
    Paladin Master Race
    edited April 2014
    actually I do not know. before I thought, due to synergy between the slam (Battle Awareness) / wicked strike / Trample the Fallen iv not only have a better damage overall, as would be more versatile.

but with the change in the Relentless Fury Battle sm won 2 good slots encounter that may outweigh the fs (the main reason being iv).

Now, if on one hand the very improvement in Disciple of War outweigh the battle awareness (for sm) he brings to the iv a new synergy with the bleed (which in my opinion the sm can put aside now).

if I were to bet, the sm is more fluid, but the iv with the right job and a high gear, can do more damage.

ps: but this is only theoretical. I detest the iv aesthetics and used only to provide feedback about the damage boosts.
    edited April 2014

for pve might be better but in pvp iron vangourd will stay the best dps path
    edited April 2014
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    Unstoppable seems to be depleting much faster than on live. Was this ability nerfed? I am sorry if this has been mentioned already i didnt see it in patch notes or the forum. The time feels like its been cut by about a third.

could be they stealth nerf it again after they fail to do it with mod 1
    edited April 2014
    If it wasn't obvious, I was referring to PvE. My apologies for the confusion... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • oreonmilkoreonmilk Member Posts: 39
    edited April 2014
    Hey guys, I have a question hopefully those tried it in PTR can enlighten.. Does Deep gash dmg affected by only our Base power? Or does it increases with buffed power stats as well (eg; madness, link spirit, etc) ?
    edited April 2014

if the sure strike bonus is active, it is so remote or irrelevant that I do not get it.

eventually the sequence of the sure strike is interrupted during unstoppable, especially near the end. I do not know if it has something to do with the nerf not stated in the cancellation along with this power.

history repeats itself: skidding on the ice against enemies that take almost all my hp, and then comes a cw and does much more damage without need accumulating dozens of stacks that do not take into account my 145% critical severity.... at least alteration in bf / roar / takedown were really good.
    edited April 2014
    could be they stealth nerf it again

Unstoppable on Previous is significantly shorter than on Live, and as no patch stated it was changed, this has to be a bug. Fix it
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Swordmaster paragon path skill, Flourish does not benefit from armor penetration like it used to
    edited April 2014
    not have to fix anything; assume the mea culpa equal to the ranger. the projection given to gwf is absolutely wrong, and this class very poorly adapted to the new content,

big stacks systems, buffs that do not consider critical, low aoe options, fake single boost (and mechanic nerf)... but, oh my god, good ibs non critical+aoe control... gwf is the exact opposite of what it should be.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Encounter Leap Feedback: This ability is REALLY lackluster and I think it would be VERY cool to implement an AOE "stun" upon impact in the ability, or better would even be to reduce the size of the aoe damage but implement a "knockdown" on the ability. This would make it a very useful skill and open ALOT more options for GWFs.
  • horebehorebe Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014

So the IV Sentinel still in play on PVP? Even with the damage nerfs and almost 0 buffs at the tree?
    edited April 2014
    ok, Calmer now - sorry for the bad education again. - I tested the new sure strike / executioner style on ice and dv (non epic). I'm 99% sure that the bonus is not being applied.

could anyone confirm?

99% correct that is unstoppable smaller now . before I could use 3 times the reaping strike, now only 2.
    edited April 2014
    horebe wrote: »
    So the IV Sentinel still in play on PVP? Even with the damage nerfs and almost 0 buffs at the tree?

yeah iv con sentinel is still way better then 2 other builds for pvp
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Punishing Charge:
    With the upcoming fix to Deep Gash this power loses all interest. To me at least. It was good for applying aforementioned feat to mobs, the actual damage of the encounter power is underwhelming to say the very least. I'd love to see you implement some utility and/or increase the damage by a slight amount.
    edited April 2014
    roll back sos u can make to cant go over 3 stacks if more then 1 gwf if u do not roll back sos ppl wont have any reson to take gwf in team since cw is a lot better debuffer and do a lot more damage atm and battle fury need to give half benefits to team instead of 25% only then ppl might take 1 gwf in team instead of 4xcw how will be when mod 3 comes to live
    edited April 2014
    [*]Feats: Destroyer's Purpose: NEW This feat now grants an additional effect. When you deal damage while Unstoppable, you gain a stack of Destroyer's Purpose (max 20). Each stack of Destroyer's Purpose increases your damage by 1%. Destroyer's Purpose lasts 20 seconds.
    [/LIST]

Good luck to get the elusive 20 stacks, with mod3 Unstoppable.
    In my opinion, starting a dedicated thread about feedback on the changes on a class while hiding critical changes that are of the utmost importance to the said class, is not constructive.
    edited April 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Encounter Leap Feedback: This ability is REALLY lackluster and I think it would be VERY cool to implement an AOE "stun" upon impact in the ability, or better would even be to reduce the size of the aoe damage but implement a "knockdown" on the ability. This would make it a very useful skill and open ALOT more options for GWFs.

yeah i agree mighty leap should prone instead of slow this would make it more worth to use in pve and pvp
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Good luck to get the elusive 20 stacks, with mod3 Unstoppable.
    In my opinion, starting a dedicated thread about feedback on the changes on a class while hiding critical changes that are of the utmost importance to the said class, is not constructive.

The thing is GWF will be well short of where is has been...killing both SOS and deep gash in one hit is bad enough ... Some ninja nerds throw in also.. The class will be a shadow of what it has been.. The buffs are no where near enough... Without student of the sword the GWF will bring nothing to a party anymore.. This is the worst of the nerfs
    The worst thing though with the reworking of power and no nerfs to cw.. Cw are getting a 20-30% damage increase.. It's crazy to think this is about to happen

Module 3 = LF4M CW
    Every other class but the CW will be dead in pve