test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Great Weapon Fighter Changes

Comments

• midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Great Weapon Fighter: Disciple of War: This feat now grants 25% of your Recovery and Armor Penetration as Power. (Was: Grants 25% of your Recovery as Armor Penetration)
    1.As i see from 4000 recovery you will gain 1000 power and armor pen.
    But its not clear the second version is .
    2.You gain from 4000 recovery and 2000 armor pen 1500 power .

But i think gentlemancrush pointed on version 1 .
    But i am not sure about it .

I'm almost positive its version 2.

Great Weapon Fighter: Disciple of War: This feat now grants 25% of your Recovery and Armor Penetration as Power.

That "and" implies both Recovery and Armor Penetration are factors for the boost related to Power.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you dont see this the swordmaster will out dps the Iron Vanguard . In single taget dmg much more.

Currently the only differences between SM and IV GWF are:
    IV powers deal ~50% more damage than equivalent SM ones.
    IV powers are generally faster to execute (FLS vs Flourish, IS vs Crescendo)
    SM relies on WMS, IV on WS/TR
    IV gets access to Trample (not that important for Destroyers in Mod3 with Destroyer buffs)

So really, with exception of WMS, IV is the more damaging of the 2 GWFs and doesn't lose anything else.
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014

Great Weapon Fighter: Disciple of War: This feat now grants 25% of your Recovery and Armor Penetration as Power. (Was: Grants 25% of your Recovery as Armor Penetration)
    1.As i see from 4000 recovery you will gain 1000 power and armor pen.
    But its not clear the second version is .
    2.You gain from 4000 recovery and 2000 armor pen 1500 power .

But i think gentlemancrush pointed on version 1 .
    But i am not sure about it .

#2.
    If I have 2000 Recovery and 2000 Armor Penetration I will get 1000 Power ((2000 + 2000) * .25)
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I imagine it will also count towards Gear Score - though I'm not sure whether it should. Afterall, GF Conqueror Capstone granting Power was also removed from the Gear Score total.

Then again I'm a purist when it comes to Gear Score and feel it should really count Gear (and maybe Boons) only. Not HP and stats from feats/features.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey guys, we have a few more buffs coming soon for Great Weapon Fighters. The changes are listed below.

Great Weapon Fighter: Relentless Battle Fury: This feat now grants 10/20/30/40/50% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) shorter cooldowns to Battle Fury, Takedown, and Roar. Additionally the damage of Roar and Takedown are increased by 5/10/15/20/25% and the duration of Battle Fury is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%. These powers no longer grant Relentless (ignore an additional 1/2/3/4/5% of a target’s resistance).

GOOD change; but this new takedown in pvp.. i dont know...

ps: friends dev, sorry for my mimimi attack.

ps2:as I'm not a big fan of the idea with sure strike kill people, could pass the effect of "savage advanced" for the execution of the ibs and give to slam a new boost.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Overbuffing Destroyer won't solve problems with Sentinel and Instigator cause they lost all their damage after SotS and DG nerf.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Careful not to make it able to bring the cooldowns of roar and takedown too low, it sounds to me like a recovery stacked destroyer in PvP will be able to have pretty close to a perma stunlock even with the recent changes. Ofcourse that'd need to be tested.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey guys, we have a few more buffs coming soon for Great Weapon Fighters. The changes are listed below.

Powers:
    Great Weapon Fighter: Battle Fury: Update the rank up tooltip to specify that this power increases in duration by 1s for each rank in the power. This is only a tooltip change.

Feats:
    Great Weapon Fighter: Executioner’s Style: This feat no longer has any interaction with Reaping Strike. This feat now also increases the damage of Sure Strike by 6/12/18/24/30% as the target’s health diminishes.
    Great Weapon Fighter: Relentless Battle Fury: This feat now grants 10/20/30/40/50% (up from 5/10/15/20/25%) shorter cooldowns to Battle Fury, Takedown, and Roar. Additionally the damage of Roar and Takedown are increased by 5/10/15/20/25% and the duration of Battle Fury is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%. These powers no longer grant Relentless (ignore an additional 1/2/3/4/5% of a target’s resistance).
    Great Weapon Fighter: Focused Destroyer: This feat now increases the damage bonus of Destroyer by .7/1.4/2.1/2.8/3.5% (up from .5/1/1.5/2/2.5%) per stack.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

the buffs seem nice for destroyer, but there are 2 major issues - ,it still leaves sent and inst ruined and it doesnt help other classes, it would be better to keep gwf dmg lower and cut CW dmg by half, that would make other classes more viable. as it stands now it seems it will be 2 classes like in mod2. i know you are looking into cw, but not fast enough

the gwf damage wasnt the main problem its the balance between cw dmg/utility and dmg/utility of any other class
    Paladin Master Race
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    Careful not to make it able to bring the cooldowns of roar and takedown too low, it sounds to me like a recovery stacked destroyer in PvP will be able to have pretty close to a perma stunlock even with the recent changes. Ofcourse that'd need to be tested.

Something to keep in mind is that Cooldown in Neverwinter is not absolute. It is additive. Therefore 50% doesn't make an 8s cooldown into a 4s cooldown. It actually divides it by the value. Therefore an 8s CD with 50% CDR is actually (8/(1+.5)) = 5.3 second cooldown.

So while these numbers seem really big, they aren't quite as big as they seem.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I just maked some changes in preview .
    4000 recovery 20 int Take Down 8 sec Roar 9.3 sec Frontline.S 13.7 sec without the feat so cut this half Take Down 4 sec Roar 4.7 sec + F.S 13,7 sec yes i think almost perma stunlock. And i am no elf.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited April 2014
    4000 recovery 20 int Take Down 8 sec Roar 9.3 sec Frontline.S 13.7 sec will not cut it half what will it do instead?I dont understand the math.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited April 2014
    Gentle can you not say this to GWF population too?

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in with some news and update changes.

We have been taking a long hard look at Hunter Rangers and where we want them to fall in our combat as well as how various players choose to experience them, and we have decided that we want to make some pretty big changes later on down the road. However we do not want these to be rushed changes to make Module 3, so we are going to be reducing the Split Shot damage reduction pretty heavily as well as leaving in all the other buffs we made.

I don't have much information on the bigger changes we want to make, but we definitely want to provide better tools to facilitate playing as a striker, as well as giving more options for rangers who would like to prefer one stance rather than always weaving back and forth. In addition, we do want to provide a tree that can preserve the current play style of weaving Melee and Ranged powers together so that there will be a full suite of options to play a Ranger any way you want to.

I want to stress again that these are big fundamental changes that will be happening farther down the road, and in the short term we are going to just be rolling back some of the damage reduction on split shot while leaving in the buffs and adjustments to other powers.

The change is as listed below:
    Hunter Ranger: Split Shot: The damage reduction on this power has been readjusted. This power now has a total reduction of about 25% (down from 48%).

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So just checked, so they didn't go into effect today... Next Friday then?
    va8Ru.gif
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    I just maked some changes in preview .
    4000 recovery 20 int Take Down 8 sec Roar 9.3 sec Frontline.S 13.7 sec without the feat so cut this half Take Down 4 sec Roar 4.7 sec + F.S 13,7 sec yes i think almost perma stunlock. And i am no elf.

Is not working like that. If u have 100% cdr it will cut the initial timer in half and is rly hard to get to 100% cdr. For example if u have 14sec initial count at 100% recharge speed increase the count will become 7 sec and at 50% the count will be 9.24.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    Is not working like that. If u have 100% cdr it will cut the initial timer in half and is rly hard to get to 100% cdr. For example if u have 14sec initial count at 100% recharge speed increase the count will become 7 sec and at 50% the count will be 9.24.

To expand on this: you are driving down the road at 50 mph and it will take you 1 hour to reach your destination. Now, if you double your speed (+100% speed) you are now driving 100 mph and it will take you 30 minutes to reach your destination (-50% time needed). If instead of doubling your speed you increase your speed by 50%, you are now driving 75 mph and it will take you 40 minutes to reach your destination (-33% time needed). Now, in your situation, you have ~35.43% from recovery, 10% from int, 50% from the feat for a total of +95.43% recharge speed for a total of ~97.65 mph. It will take you ~30 minutes 44 seconds to reach your destination (-49.3% time needed). Now, to be fair not many GWF stack to that high of a lvl for recovery or even put any points into Int (most would need to reroll to get that high probably), but it could get problematic for PvP with takedown I'm sure. I don't remember the default time for Takedown at the moment but lets say it is 10 seconds; it will reduce the time to ~5.07 seconds.

If my math if wrong, call me out on it.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    alow power to work on new deep gash and power should work on mof cw dps and trs dps to this will bring them a bit more in line to spell storm cw
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When will the GF get some love? GWF here, GWF there is getting tiresome pretty fast.

I love what you did to Lunging strike/anvil of doom BUT there are at least 5 other useless feats/skills that should be looked at, Griffon's wrath for example. It has a huge potential, but it's terrible animationspeed makes it pretty hard to use and since easymode people roll standard 5-6 dodges idk about TR, but 1+1=2. Crushing surge needs a huge healing buff or a total rework since the animation of said skill is slow and too easily dodgeable. Anvil of doom could use a damage buff from the 25% hp mark to 35%. Lunging strike in the tactician tree should not provide an interrupt, a 1 sec stun would be better. Knight's challenge buggs out and randomly stop working in pve aswell as pvp.

Frontline surge is effectively useless, due to a very high cooldown and -25% dmg nerf. Bull charge is ok, but not my cup of tea either, since prones are almost useless due to their duration-nerf, while stuns are still viable.

So yeah, when will the GF get some attention, too? Hopefully soon.

• demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Yaya, and this thread is about the GWF changes.

So maybe shove the CW/GF or whatever discussion to other threads please, tyvm.

Well this feat's buff's too big, maybe keep the cooldowns the same as before and keep the other bonuses intact will be fine.
    edited April 2014
    well, "too big" is not for pve (good feet, nothing more). but will now be a more desirable option for sm / destroyer considering that the WMS is not a good aoe weapon to be used with the slam.

about pvp, well, I do not play, but always heard that the destroyer was bad. at least now he'll have a good tools (broken game?probably no).

My only fear is this bringing a future misinformation.. someone will tell the forum that gwf - sentinel - does not die; another will say gwf - destroyer - has a very strong and fast takedown. the lack of distinction comes a general nerf ... is a classic event.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    demidogz wrote: »
    Yaya, and this thread is about the GWF changes.

So maybe shove the CW/GF or whatever discussion to other threads please, tyvm.

Well this feat's buff's too big, maybe keep the cooldowns the same as before and keep the other bonuses intact will be fine.

you cant discuss class changes without total balance in mind, for example 1st version(with 1% stacks) of gwf mod 3 might be balanced and good if u compare it with tr, hr, gf, but then there is broken op cw that makes all changes to any other class useless as long as they dont compare to cw. but instead of balancing cw they are now buffing gwf making 1 op class to go with their broken op cw.
    Paladin Master Race
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Wow people QQing over some buffs for GWF.. some people will do anything to protect there completely broken OP CWs in Pve.. its really disappointing

Now obviously a lot of people have no idea about GWF paths and feats.. they buffs will impact on GWF destroyer ONLY... the ones people are QQing about.. reduced cooldowns are well into the destroyers path...

let me ask a question how many threads have you seen where people QQ about destroyer GWFs...... 0.... destroyers are horrible for pvp.. sure they might have damage and now some cool prones... but they are SUPER SQUISHY with low hp.. less than 30k... Any decent TR/HR/CW can kill a destroyer GWF within one rotation.. heck even some GFs can as well....

So people please stop protecting the CW in pve.... these changes will have almost no impact of pvp...
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Actually, Destroyer GWFs don't have to be "super squishy." There's no reason they can't have more than 30k hit points or fairly good defensive stats. And if they get the ability to make a build that lets them prone and stun very frequently, being less tanky matters less, since their opponent will be fighting back less. While Destroyer GWFs haven't been a problem in PvP in the same way that Sentinel GWFs are hilariously over-the-top overpowered in PvP, that doesn't mean that they can't be made to *become* too good with a few boosts here and there.

Clearly most of the boosts offered for Destroyer GWFs so far look PvE-oriented, but that doesn't mean care shouldn't be exercised to make sure they don't just replace Sentinels in PvP. Takedown already has a very low cooldown, and it's already one of the most common powers for PvP GWFs; boosting the powers that are already among their best in that context seems weird. Conversely, I'm unclear if Takedown has all that much utility in PvE. Knocking down a single mob at a time seems fairly unspectacular.

People in this thread seem to generally be concerned with comparisons to CWs. Ideally, Sentinel GWFs should get nerfed into line with the other classes in PvP and PvE. CWs may be a more difficult case to balance, since they need to get nerfed down to par in PvE (or content changed to favor other classes more), while they are in need of a boost in PvP. Personally, I wouldn't mind if GWFs were as useful as CWs in PvE, as long as the same also held true for PvP. Right now, the issues are that (1) other classes get locked out of PvE for being less useful than CWs and (2) the enjoyment of players of other classes is diminished in PvP by how strong GWFs are. The former can be solved through grouping with the right people, the latter requires a mechanical adjustment. Finally fixing Deep Gash is a start, but it may not be sufficient.

yeah cw is so weak in pvp that it can 1 shot every dps destroyer gwf with ice knife so pls tell me how will lower cd on takedown be problem for u then?
    btw broken op spellstorm cw is easy to fix they just need to nerf eye to give 20% crtic chance instead of 100% even then this would be the best class skill since it is so easy to have it on all the time in pve
    edited April 2014
    I think the " keyword" is " hegemony."

This change would ensure the hegemony of the destroyer for pvp ? i think not . it seems, other classes and own sentinel / iv has been worrying over this department . the " gwf " now also launch the destroyer in the fray .

and this is hypothetical . correct me if I'm wrong .

about pve have an interesting point ; someone commented that " only speaks of gwf ,missing love for gf ". yes, but the gf is now an hegemonic defender. the destroyer not currently have any valid aoe resource , or an initial volume of damage/threat.

this buff in the takedown feet ( excluding the already improved focused destroyer ) is the first significant change ( I hope not the last ) . other changes are exotic or just " OK " . this bonus in sure strike is not bad , but not solve new needs, and is not so generous to the point of transforming it into a weapon . is a consolation for those who have nothing to offer.

by the way, we can also talk about " specialty " . can someone tell me what is the specialty of the class in Module 3? the reason why a person would say " this would be much easier with a destroyer!"? let us be charitable to the class , friends cw . let's be charitable.

ps : still waiting for my 30k reaping strike . I think it started to rain; hahaha .
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Actually, Destroyer GWFs don't have to be "super squishy." There's no reason they can't have more than 30k hit points or fairly good defensive stats. And if they get the ability to make a build that lets them prone and stun very frequently, being less tanky matters less, since their opponent will be fighting back less. While Destroyer GWFs haven't been a problem in PvP in the same way that Sentinel GWFs are hilariously over-the-top overpowered in PvP, that doesn't mean that they can't be made to *become* too good with a few boosts here and there.

Clearly most of the boosts offered for Destroyer GWFs so far look PvE-oriented, but that doesn't mean care shouldn't be exercised to make sure they don't just replace Sentinels in PvP. Takedown already has a very low cooldown, and it's already one of the most common powers for PvP GWFs; boosting the powers that are already among their best in that context seems weird. Conversely, I'm unclear if Takedown has all that much utility in PvE. Knocking down a single mob at a time seems fairly unspectacular.

People in this thread seem to generally be concerned with comparisons to CWs. Ideally, Sentinel GWFs should get nerfed into line with the other classes in PvP and PvE. CWs may be a more difficult case to balance, since they need to get nerfed down to par in PvE (or content changed to favor other classes more), while they are in need of a boost in PvP. Personally, I wouldn't mind if GWFs were as useful as CWs in PvE, as long as the same also held true for PvP. Right now, the issues are that (1) other classes get locked out of PvE for being less useful than CWs and (2) the enjoyment of players of other classes is diminished in PvP by how strong GWFs are. The former can be solved through grouping with the right people, the latter requires a mechanical adjustment. Finally fixing Deep Gash is a start, but it may not be sufficient.

Sorry mate you just have no idea.. I have a full rank 10s destroyer... I have tried to set it up defensively for pvp.. with gear and feats..and guess what it still was rubbish for pvp... you have no idea... a destroyer GWF will never be OP in PVP... NEVER.. it just isn't possible... they get killed far too easy
    And yes some CWs can 1 hit destroyers with Ice Knife.. that is fairly common in PVP
  • yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

a destroyer gwf is still gonna get romped by a senti in pvp
  • mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The thing people often forget about in PvP in NW is that it isn't at all about a 1v1 situation, most of the time you're in a two unless you are a perma stealth rogue or something similar. With a GWF one of their best things is the fact they can keep someone prone / stunned for like 5+ seconds as well as hitting their burst damage in this moment, the fact takedown and roar will be reduced by 50% cooldown and recovery is being made to give power surely a recovery based destroyer may be rather viable in PvP now. I'll probably be one to try testing if I can perma lock people now when the changes come on the public test shard as if this is a case we may have a problem being created.

I also love how forgotten poor instigator is. :<
    edited April 2014
    just to note: I used CGI to have a projection of what the sure strike + battle fury with this new bonus ... oh god, what a nice surprise! hit like a live ibs without bleed (all bonus for sure strike, and and no one for ibs, of course).

Now, with or without bf is impossible to sustain a good aoe with wms. is a good time to bring back the cancellation.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    zacazu wrote: »
    is a good time to bring back the cancellation.
    No it is not. That was not intended for the power, and thus it was fixed.

Let's focus on what we are given, and not on a wish list of days gone by with tricks that were never meant to be, cool? :)
    va8Ru.gif