test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trace's Guide to AD Creation and Wealth Building

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If they were bugged like that during the promotion, it does explain the vicious undercutting I saw. (Better to keep buying profession packs and selling Lillends constantly to fund more packs than hold just a few until prices recover.)

And if they still are because the promotion is still live even though it shouldn't be, cat's out of the bag now. (Whee, lookit that ZAX.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    I don't know how it works, something related to a promotion but you get it then after opening every box.

They were on promotion where there was a chance of getting one if you opened a profession booster pack or asset pack but I haven't heard anything about them dropping in every profession pack , I think if that had been true the price would have ended up a heck of a lot lower than it finally ended up at last week.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited April 2014
    I dunno. I'd think there would have been more buzz in zone chat, unless people were realllllly good about keeping it hushed up (which seems unpossible).

Still, the same individuals were selling them by the scores, and they bottomed out at 150k that I saw, which is awfully cheap (I successfully bought at 174k). Lots of people were snapping them up to resell, so the prices did keep readjusting higher. It would be undercut, undercut, undercut, someone comes along and buys everything up to a certain price point, and the undercutting war would start all over from that cutoff point.

The amount of supply from the people posting so many in quick succession didn't seem consistent with a rare drop unless an unimaginable number of packs were involved. It could have been like Nightmares except easier to keep quiet with no admin announcements.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited April 2014
    I dunno. I'd think there would have been more buzz in zone chat, unless people were realllllly good about keeping it hushed up (which seems unpossible).

Maybe could be worth the devs looking into but that's pointless , far too late now to do anything even if something was wrong , wish i'd waited to buy mine , didn't realize they dropped so low :<
    edited April 2014
    Come to think of it, I'll have to informally poll my guildies regarding anyone who opened a profession pack during the promo. I know one was chuffed that he got a Lillend from only opening a single pack, and another provided a Lillend as a prize for an event we just had.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited April 2014
    Another weird thing was that Greater bag of holding was down to 230k earlier today , they are just under 260 now ( think people bought up a lot and topped up the price ) no idea how they sell them so cheap though , maybe kid got parents CC? or people who stole them from compromised accounts sell them in bulk? , if they are legit then that's less than if you exchange AD for zen.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Another weird thing was that Greater bag of holding was down to 230k earlier today , they are just under 260 now ( think people bought up a lot and topped up the price ) no idea how they sell them so cheap though , maybe kid got parents CC? or people who stole them from compromised accounts sell them in bulk? , if they are legit then that's less than if you exchange AD for zen.

I think there has been a 50% sale on the bags a while ago. And remember the ZAX was at 330 at some point. So 50% + 330 ZAX = 165k per. Can't remember exactly, might have been only a 25% sale but even then you could get them for 248k.
  • amycusthornamycusthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm heard rumors of some of the suspicions listed. *looks around warily*
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Someone on reddit claimed there was a sure-fire way to get a Lillend from opening packs during the time of the promotion
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    I think there has been a 50% sale on the bags a while ago. And remember the ZAX was at 330 at some point. So 50% + 330 ZAX = 165k per. Can't remember exactly, might have been only a 25% sale but even then you could get them for 248k.

Ah right , totally didn't take sales into account , nice price on the bags though xD
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    By the way, there's been a very strong spike in the ZAX since yesterday's patch. What happened? Companions are on sale. What's around the corner? Module 3. What's that mean? Companions can be used in PVP. Props to Cryptic for giving players the discount, by the way. That's very generous of them.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Module 3. What's that mean? Companions can be used in PVP.

You can summon a companion? Or is it only the passives of the slotted companions?
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yup, you can use companions in Open World PVP in mod 3. get ready for 100% CC resist characters with 50k+ HP
  • tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So it's weird, the price of Peridots(stack) is floating between 30-42k these days. I just want to know what do you guys think? Will it get more expensive or cheaper over the time?

I think the peridots will get more expensive, since with new mod3 there will be more coal wards on the market because of return of the boxes, with more coal = more refining = need for peridots.

So, what do you guys think? they will get more expensive or cheaper over the time?
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Right now, they will get cheaper until module 3 hits since new enchants are being introduced. Peridots/Enchants go through this cycle where when a new module hits, the prices will start to rise, but as time goes on their demand will get less and less to the point where their prices are dirt cheap in comparison to before. We're just getting to the lower end prices at the moment and they will stay that way until the new module hits or someones buys up all of the cheap peridots to sell for more later.
    edited April 2014
    It's a supply at demand issue. Mind you, Peridots are used for more than just refining weapon/armor enchants. I use them to refine Radiants because they're cheaper than Radiant 5s (most of the time).

It's clear Cryptic isn't interested in kicking farmers. And that's fine, as it keeps prices cheap. So the question is, will Module 3 bring a large return of players? If so, the price will most likely go up (for a time). If not, deflation will continue. I personally see a spike in prices for a couple of weeks, then slowly leveling off.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Module 3 brings in a lot of new artifacts. Rank 5s will go up as a result. And since they will go up, so will peridots since otherwise they'd be more efficient at the price they are now. That's even if there weren't a spike in players. For now we have time though.
    edited April 2014
    They will go up in module 3. BUT if the players don't stick around due to the lack of endgame PVE content and the horribly imbalanced classes in PVP (looking at perma TR), a lot of players might take a break after exploring module 3 and we end up in the same scenario, except at an accelerated rate
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My god, those new Black Ice enchants. At rank 10, those things are going to be powerful.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A flawless Sapphire which costs 30,000 AD in the Wondrous Bazaar is worth 5,000 Refining points. Why would anyone pay 30-42k for Peridots which are only worth 500 refining points??
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    ^ do you know how to math?!?!
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A flawless Sapphire which costs 30,000 AD in the Wondrous Bazaar is worth 5,000 Refining points. Why would anyone pay 30-42k for Peridots which are only worth 500 refining points??

30-42k per 99x Peridot.

Math:

Flawless Sapphire: 30,000 AD / 5,000 RP = 6 AD per 1 RP
    Peridot (High): 42,000 AD / (99x500) RP = ~0.85 AD per 1 RP
    Peridot (Low): 30,000 AD / (99x500) RP = ~0.61 AD per 1 RP

Math. Learn it.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They will go up in module 3. BUT if the players don't stick around due to the lack of endgame PVE content and the horribly imbalanced classes in PVP (looking at perma TR), a lot of players might take a break after exploring module 3 and we end up in the same scenario, except at an accelerated rate

Good news is that the epic skirmish is 14k gs minimum and can give you neck/rings so might be a new way to farm. MIGHT. I'd try it out but it's bugged atm so can't even queue.

Edit: nvm just checked out the menu and of course they appear to be bop. RIP pve farming. I'd hate to be a new player. Suppose there's always the chance they'll change it or it's a tooltip bug, probably not though.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Fawn and the Frost Mimic from the Winter Fest also having a hard time surpassing their initial values, but showing more and more signs lately that they are on the verge of rising.

I get it for the Mimic, it's cute and all but no one currently seem to need extra defense, not even tanks, and it didn't need much effort to obtain... but considering the Fawn was quite hard to get (lots of farming involved, thus no huge supply), and quite useful (healing companion), i can't figure out why prices are roughly the same they were during the event... :/
  • tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I get it for the Mimic, it's cute and all but no one currently seem to need extra defense, not even tanks, and it didn't need much effort to obtain... but considering the Fawn was quite hard to get (lots of farming involved, thus no huge supply), and quite useful (healing companion), i can't figure out why prices are roughly the same they were during the event... :/

Possibly because the people who really wanted one already got it and the remainder of the playerbase is not terribly interested. If that is correct then it would stand to reason that the price will rise slower than we expected (and I am with you, I expected the price to be higher by now). Also, I have seen a few Fawns sell, but the total number on the AH has been holding steady for a while, so we may have some "hoarded" Fawns being released slowly, which will also tend to keep the price from rising too quickly.
    edited April 2014
    Anyone know what is the reasoning behind this?

It went as high as 430+ ad/zen two days ago, now it is as low as 408 ad/zen
    edited April 2014
    Supply and demand, of course. This means most people cashed in AD

1) During the weekend. Biggest time for moves. And...

2) Spent their AD on the companions that were on sale, as Module 3 now recognizes companions in (semi) open-world PVP.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Wouldn't they transfer their AD to zen though to buy the companions on sale at the zen store? (15% off, sale still going on)

I've constantly checked the AH, there were no reasonably priced companions nor where the zen store companions selling.

That means zen should keep climbing up. It was performing as I predicted, except there was a big drop the past several hours
    edited April 2014
    Wouldn't they transfer their AD to zen though to buy the companions on sale at the zen store? (15% off, sale still going on)

I've constantly checked the AH, there were no reasonably priced companions nor where the zen store companions selling.

That means zen should keep climbing up. It was performing as I predicted, except there was a big drop the past several hours

My only guess is that you'll have more customers on the weekends. Everyone already converted AD to Zen to get their companions (price going up). Weekend crowd is now gone, price goes down.

It's all guess work anyway.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited April 2014
    I don't think thats necessarily it. 20 points is a lot and I've been observing the ZAX patterns when sales of this caliber come and go for months and it doesn't add up.

I do know that module 3 is coming out and a lot of people are probably buying up some stuff in the AH
This discussion has been closed.