Install Arc
Options

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• Options
    xthebluespiritxxthebluespiritx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    joniticus wrote: »
    I would love for it to be the monk, but I could see how they would go with a caster. Because maybe they want to have 2 of every type to start. After maybe druid to fill in another support/healer role? ...

we have support/healer roles?
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Considering that they'll end with 9 classes, I think it will end like this:

Fighter (for some reason they did put 2)
    Cleric
    Wizard
    Rogue
    Ranger
    Warlock
    Druid
    Paladin (in this release order I guess)

If they continue for... I don't know, 12 classes, the 3 others will be:

Bard
    Monk
    Warlord

Despite I like Sorcerer, I don't think they'll bring it for us.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    humblewarr1orhumblewarr1or Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Aye, that still does not discount the fact that it is a fighter class. Role does not determine class. Controller, Striker, Leader, etc are not Classes, these are Roles. That was all I was really trying to get at as well as the Hunter Ranger (in Neverwinter) being a Hybrid of both of it's 4e possible Roles, Striker and Controller.

The Ranger isn't a fighter class. It's power source is martial, but that doesn't mean it's a fighter class. The different FIGHTER classes are as follows: Great Weapon Fighter, Guardian Fighter, Tempest Fighter, Battlerager Fighter, and Brawler Fighter.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'd like to see Tempest Fighter (will proly never happen, but I can dream right?) A paladin of some sort, (most likely Avenging Paladin but hey whatever) Monk, Swordmage, Barbarian (would prefer Rageblood, but whirling works too.)
  • Options
    shadedwraithshadedwraith Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I want see Warlock get in, technically it was suppose to come before HR beating ranger in a pole and all. Then maybe paladin as a divine tank class, maybe druid but its been in every single DnD game, and its just not the same fun class as it used to be in the older DnD editions...how about Psion for another controller? I've never seen an actual psionic class make it in to a DnD video game without being modded in for single players or Persistent Worlds. BTW Hunter Ranger in the rule book is a controller and Invoker is a striker, its basically divine version of warlock,a and maybe reworks for Guardian Fighter and Trickster Rogue too make them more viable and wanted in Dungeon runs.
  • Options
    diabranddiabrand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I want see Warlock get in

Agreed. Warlock! Warlock! Warlock!
    "I am .. the storm that rains devastaton on our foes."
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Considering that they'll end with 9 classes, I think it will end like this:

Fighter (for some reason they did put 2)
    Cleric
    Wizard
    Rogue
    Ranger
    Warlock
    Druid
    Paladin (in this release order I guess)

If they continue for... I don't know, 12 classes, the 3 others will be:

Bard
    Monk
    Warlord

Despite I like Sorcerer, I don't think they'll bring it for us.

Speculation puts this as the lineup we'll be following, yes, though we may get Warlord before Paladin. Just remember than none of this is guaranteed - We know Warlock will be finished next for certain, but the druid might not even be what comes after warlock, even if it's likely.
  • Options
    mablus25mablus25 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What about Death Knights?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    mablus25 wrote: »
    What about Death Knights?

Those are from WoW, dingus.
  • Options
    cpthowdeycpthowdey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As stated in the title I would like to use a gnome. Its been a staple of D&D since the 1st edition and is one of the few playable races that actually belong in the sword coast. I don't know if there is a reason they are not in the game or if they are so small "out of sight, out of mind" that they were forgotten about but they were my favorite race in my tabletop days and after playing Neverwinter for 4 months they are sorely missed.

Thanks for reading :o
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe Gnomes one day, but you can probably appreciate that Cryptic chose more well-known and universal classes to generate initial interest in the game.
  • Options
    gnomeraidergnomeraider Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I second the gnome!
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What's the tiniest character race around? I'd LOVE to play that race. =D
  • Options
    cpthowdeycpthowdey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I appreciate you moving my thread "sarcasm" but a gnome is "NOT" a class.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They also removed my post. Not sure how pointing out that Gnomes got left out of the 4th edition PHB1 as a playable race, was so offensive. But it's true, they got put into the monster manual instead. They only came back as a playable race in later 4th edition player handbooks.

For that reason alone they are probably...low on Cryptic's radar. :)
  • Options
    soriniakovsoriniakov Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think it's most beautiful and interesting class to have, mentioned in "Heroes of Shadow"

it's elite "undead" with different interesting abilities which can have great animation)

why?

there are a few base archetypes for classes (healer, dd, ..) and their different variants combining then into other classes for different styles of playing

I interested in implementation of debaffer class based on lifesteal mechanics (like turn enemy's hp into ally's hp and etc)

do you agree? what you think? mm?)

p.s. class is better way to implement this than race with lifesteal bonus e.g. (yes, I can imagine sun elf vampire, dwarf vampire and etc.)
  • Options
    klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Haha..would I need to pay Zen for a bottle of sunscreen if I want to play in any of the maps other than those night ones?

On a serious note, could be cool though but I don't know where it will stand in terms of role in a party.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No, just no. Theres some 'core' races Id like to see first (like DRAGONBORN, Devas, Shifters, etc.) rather than a obcure race coming from a book that do not fit the setting we have ATM.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    maxilockheartmaxilockheart Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2014
    i think there are more iconic classes to add first
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    On a serious note, could be cool though but I don't know where it will stand in terms of role in a party.

strong debuffer of course!

currently we have controllers, heals, buffs and dd - debuffs is interesting addition as opposite to buffs
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No, just no. Theres some 'core' races Id like to see first (like DRAGONBORN, Devas, Shifters, etc.) rather than a obcure race coming from a book that do not fit the setting we have ATM.

it's not a race - it's undead debuffer class
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    NO, NO, NO, JUST NO!

we still need the core classes like a 'real' CONTROL wizard, a healer than can OUTHEAL my lifesteals, a TANK GF that I would really need
    ROFL! just stop asking for new classes, the ones we have right now are a mess in balancing and thats where the attention should be
  • Options
    munchkinkittymunchkinkitty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    At first I thought it sounded interesting, then I thought of all the Edward Cullen's we'd see running around. No thanks.
    Brìgh gach cluiche gu dheireadh.
    Ó Treasigh GF
    Ó Murchadh GWF
    Ó Kermichil CW

Ó Pádruig TR
    Ó Dànaidh HR

Ó Fionnlagh DC
    Ó Amhlaidh SW
    Ó Naomhin OP

BLACK LOTUS
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    NO, NO, NO, JUST NO!

we still need the core classes like a 'real' CONTROL wizard, a healer than can OUTHEAL my lifesteals, a TANK GF that I would really need
    ROFL! just stop asking for new classes, the ones we have right now are a mess in balancing and thats where the attention should be

nevertheless, in this year will be one new class available and my choice is vampire debuffer

I'm gathering votes just
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Okay then the werewolves should be added!

Oh wait...then we'll have a bunch of Jacob Black's...*sighs*

Joking aside I have to agree with the masses here, there are a lot of other classes which need some love first.
    Paladin? Druid? Bard? Barbarian? I have a list of at least twenty other classes I would like to see added to the game before Vampires and Werewolves. :p
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nope ! The key word for Nope is "undead". Almost any undead is an evil creature, the campaign we have now is for characters with good alignment (sadly tho). Maybe the Scourge Warlock will be some kind of DD/Debuffing class but not something vague you've just suggested.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Okay then the werewolves should be added!

Oh wait...then we'll have a bunch of Jacob Black's...*sighs*

Joking aside I have to agree with the masses here, there are a lot of other classes which need some love first.
    Paladin? Druid? Bard? Barbarian? I have a list of at least twenty other classes I would like to see added to the game before Vampires and Werewolves. :p

I don't so familar with twilight's lyrics and such jokes

for me vampire can be good interesting class, but I agree there are a lot of others good & popular classes
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Nope ! The key word for Nope is "undead". Almost any undead is an evil creature, the campaign we have now is for characters with good alignment (sadly tho).

invalid, drows aren't better than vampires
  • Options
    varetmarkushvaretmarkush Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just immagine the feeling when all those vamps named "Lestat" or "Edward" etc, killing you in pvp.... yeah... im glad i could ruin your bubble...
    After the whole vampire trend, everything vampire related is ruined... i would consider leaving the game if i saw a vamp char named 'Edward' and wouldn't be allowed to just anihilate it on spot.. on the other hand... if they would allow us to kill those dudes anywhere, it would be awesome...

NOTE* i'm not talking about all vampire chars, only those "Vamp .Diaries" , "Twilight" etc related..
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    soriniakov wrote: »
    invalid, drows aren't better than vampires
    Well, fortunatelly or not we have a book about a drow which didn't choose the way of his kin. As for Vampires I think I only heard about them being protagonist in some Ravenloft setting.

Just get over it, an undead can't be a character in this game of neverending godness. It's not WoW.
This discussion has been closed.