What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    wyantarwwyantarw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm guessing late Monday, when they get replacement parts...
  • Options
    dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    amazon prime was too expensive i guess?
  • Options
    rocklee227rocklee227 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    scribeeez wrote: »
    sarcasm at it's finest .

oh , my guesstimate : 12hours 31mins

total time 11hours 47mins
  • Options
    bobledegoutebobledegoute Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Whats happens if data lost ? refund :cool: you lost 6 months:mad:
  • Options
    scribeeezscribeeez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    owlp atleast Peanut Labs got some surveys complete :cool:
  • Options
    slugboy65slugboy65 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Has there been any comments on weather or not they will add time to not loose ardent coins if they are not up by midnight?
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Server has not been down that long. It was running when I got up at 1pm my time and it is just after 8pm now.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lights Green, but unable to get past login server. Progress, but time to be more patient. Thanks to those who got me as far as I did.
  • Options
    roman1968roman1968 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2014
    It's been down for hours now. Not sure what happened, but there were a lot of problems before it went down. Chat not responding, rubberbanding, freezes... Hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    abacquerabacquer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hmm my Neverwinter launcher shows server status as "Up" now, for the first time in several hours. Still can't log in though. (Times out trying to connect to the login server). I hope that means they've made some progress resolving the issue, even if it isn't all the way there.
  • Options
    ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you do not use Arc, this was posted on the Arc page on Fri 21 Mar 2014 06:51:57 PM PDT (9:51 EST)

Greetings Players,

Thank you all for sticking with us today as we continue to triage the network issue we are currently experiencing – it is only affecting the games/ servers listed below.

Rest assured that we have our best Engineers on the case and we have made good progress in the last couple hours. While our current ETA for a resolution is still several hours from now, we are committed to keeping you up to date until all games/ servers are back online. As this issue is affecting multiple games, please bookmark this Twitter feed and check it often for status updates: Twitter.com/PWE_Outage

As mentioned, this is a network issue, and not an issue with the game servers. There are no concerns of data loss, security, or anything of that nature. We’ve also found that this may be intermittent for some, while others have been affected since the incident occurred earlier today.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to seeing you back in-game as soon as possible.

- The PWE and Cryptic Teams

Affected games/ servers:

Neverwinter
    Star Trek Online
    Champions Online
    PWI (Dreamweaver, Raging Tide, and Harshlands servers)
    Battle of the Immortals (Poseidon and Atlantis servers)
    War of the Immortals (Midgard sever)
    Forsaken World (Storm server)
    Fortuna
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, according to the server status light in launcher, it's now working
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    urgakurgak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://www.neverwinterstatus.com/

says launcher is up but logins/servers are down still....still some hope they are figuring it out...crossin fingers
  • Options
    blackat03blackat03 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OMG Green! Server status is showing green but when I try logging in the connection times out at the login server.
    I hope this means they are making some headway and we can all get back on soon!
  • Options
    foosbootyfoosbooty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I got the boot just before 3PM EST so almost 7.5 hours for me so far.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    urgak wrote: »
    http://www.neverwinterstatus.com/

says launcher is up but logins/servers are down still....still some hope they are figuring it out...crossin fingers

Launcher has been up for over an hour
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So I successfully logged in... and my characters are gone.

Is this real life?
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    emanyalpsidymemanyalpsidym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    foosbooty wrote: »
    I got the boot just before 3PM EST so almost 7.5 hours for me so far.

And you're still capable of forming complete sentences? Remarkable!
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    all player datas are lost :mad:

No the shard is still down... server is up... it will take some time to get Shard back up
  • Options
    scribeeezscribeeez Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    how important is it for GWF to have 26str . reroll if u have 24str ?
  • Options
    bobledegoutebobledegoute Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    game over :(
  • Options
    megathoron211megathoron211 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Is anyone else having this problem? I got kicked out and now I try to login to the game and sometimes it works but tells me the connection timed out and takes me back to the log in screen, or it definitely won't work and take me back there again.

Edit by PIN: We'll update you on this post with any information.

Lately I been looking for reasons to keep playing and NOT jumping ship back to another game kinda like this one, thats been out along time, that doesnt have as many bugs(which name im not gonna mention)...but this crash curtainly doesnt help. I understand its "free", if you really want to think this game is "free", but sometimes the bugs just make me smh and wonder. Dont get me wrong. I do enjoy playing NWN. I personally would LOVE this game if we could eliminate alote of the buggy lol. Thank you for letting me vent. Now I feel alittle better...until I go try to log on again and it will still be down lol =P
  • Options
    focaveyafocaveya Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wish everything goes good and the best luck for the servers and the people working on it
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    all player datas are lost :mad:
    Prove it. The announcement from PWE specifically says that the data is fine, the issue is connectivity.
  • Options
    iskinderiskinder Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So I successfully logged in... and my characters are gone.

Is this real life?
    also says A Shard is offline, characters on Dragon will not be displayed..
  • Options
    amazue70amazue70 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ontrix1 wrote: »
    If you do not use Arc, this was posted on the Arc page on Fri 21 Mar 2014 06:51:57 PM PDT (9:51 EST)

Greetings Players,

Thank you all for sticking with us today as we continue to triage the network issue we are currently experiencing – it is only affecting the games/ servers listed below.

Rest assured that we have our best Engineers on the case and we have made good progress in the last couple hours. While our current ETA for a resolution is still several hours from now, we are committed to keeping you up to date until all games/ servers are back online. As this issue is affecting multiple games, please bookmark this Twitter feed and check it often for status updates: Twitter.com/PWE_Outage

As mentioned, this is a network issue, and not an issue with the game servers. There are no concerns of data loss, security, or anything of that nature. We’ve also found that this may be intermittent for some, while others have been affected since the incident occurred earlier today.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to seeing you back in-game as soon as possible.

- The PWE and Cryptic Teams

Affected games/ servers:

Neverwinter
    Star Trek Online
    Champions Online
    PWI (Dreamweaver, Raging Tide, and Harshlands servers)
    Battle of the Immortals (Poseidon and Atlantis servers)
    War of the Immortals (Midgard sever)
    Forsaken World (Storm server)
    Fortuna

Umm...if it's PDT....then it's EDT, not EST....we observe daylight savings time too. Yeah, I know...not that big a deal really. I'm tired. I'll go back to watching Bill Maher. I'm almost out of cookies too. :(
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Man... I would not want to be putting out a fire at work at 10:30 PM on a Friday night. I feel bad for the PWE crew. Hope they get it sorted soon and get to get some semblance of a weekend.
  • Options
    emanyalpsidymemanyalpsidym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    focaveya wrote: »
    I wish everything goes good and the best luck for the servers and the people working on it

"I just want to tell you both 'good luck, we're all counting on you."
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'd lay down and take a nap but I know 30 seconds after I close my eyes it will come back up... and then die 30 seconds before I try to log in again 3 hours later.
  • Options
    necromancer59necromancer59 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Server is back up for me now.
    EDIT: but I have a huuuge lag and rubberbanding.

I tried logging in, the server status indicator is green now, but login still times out. Can't even get the login screen on the gateway to play via IE browser!!!
This discussion has been closed.