Options

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    r1der1de Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ontrix1 wrote: »
    Greetings Players,

Thank you all for sticking with us today as we continue to triage the network issue we are currently experiencing – it is only affecting the games/ servers listed below.

Rest assured that we have our best Engineers on the case and we have made good progress in the last couple hours. While our current ETA for a resolution is still several hours from now, we are committed to keeping you up to date until all games/ servers are back online. As this issue is affecting multiple games, please bookmark this Twitter feed and check it often for status updates: Twitter.com/PWE_Outage

As mentioned, this is a network issue, and not an issue with the game servers. There are no concerns of data loss, security, or anything of that nature. We’ve also found that this may be intermittent for some, while others have been affected since the incident occurred earlier today.

ouch. hoping you guys get it fixed. that does not sound fun.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I know it won't happen but well... I would like to start from 0 :D
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    y should they get any fun if we dont, ona FRIDAY night? :p
  • Options
    aemiraaemira Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So why is the server status light green if you can even play your characters because there gone...... and this is a network issue? if it's a network issue then where's all our characters
  • Options
    truulsroktruulsrok Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Time to install EQ!
  • Options
    feedthefirefeedthefire Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2014
    What a bummer. We're stuck here waiting while the devs have all the fun with the blinking routers and UTP cables for themselves. Selfish basturds!
  • Options
    dylanclearbrookdylanclearbrook Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, this will teach me to not play Neverwinter so much.....decided to go play another game...and now waiting while THAT one updates LOL.
  • Options
    erikafaeerikafae Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my toons are gone .. ohh noooo
  • Options
    aemiraaemira Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    EQ I have that too you get a free lvl 85 toon right now with there special event going on
  • Options
    cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2014
    From Twitter:
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 31m
    Hey adventurers, the network issue is more severe than initially thought. We'll have full details soon so hang tight. #Neverwinter

Hold me...I'm scared. lol
  • Options
    lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    It logged me in??? Don't see characters and says "Shard is currently offline." Nice job guys getting it so far :) Expecting to play in an hour or so <3
  • Options
    battiermossbattiermoss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    not reading 65 pages of this but since i saw the event will be adding an extra day, the only other thing is i think all celestials should be refreshed for a day just for people who couldn't log on before their stuff reset (not me. i got mine.)
  • Options
    sfdhsgjhkmsgsfdhsgjhkmsg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    God will help us through this. hope tomorrow it is up and running

I don't think he'd bother wasting his power or time fixing this game. He'd be more interested in fixing broken people than a broken game.
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Successfully logged in.

TFW only person in protector's enclave. Feels like I'm the sole survivor of an apocalypse.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Wow. I Logged in and all my characters are gone.. It says about a shard deactivated and characters will not be listed. I sure hope not to lose anything because I'm a paying customer!!
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For those of you that get to the character selection screen, if you're actually READING the screen, you'll note that it says the Dragon server is down. So, what you are seeing isn't the character list for the Live game. DO NOT FREAK OUT!

That is all.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    maybe god got frustrated too, and went to bed?
  • Options
    dylanclearbrookdylanclearbrook Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't think he'd bother wasting his power or time fixing this game. He'd be more interested in fixing broken people than a broken game.

Yeah.....if he WAS interested...then N-C-Soft would have been out of business a year ago :)
  • Options
    chronologic010chronologic010 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for throwing the Foundry live... Then at least I can finish up building while we wait for the Dragon server to come online...
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    We've posted an updated statement here regarding the current situation. Please head here to read our update: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635841-Stay-up-to-date-on-the-Neverwinter-downtime-here. Thank you so much.
  • Options
    lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    truulsrok wrote: »
    Time to install EQ!

I went on ebay and snagged a composite-modded Intellivision I. I've got a bunch of homebrews that I haven't tried out yet...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    abacquerabacquer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can login now, but shard is still offline so I can't access my characters.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

• Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yep, downloading EQ now. Don't worry Neverwinter, I'll be back... Maybe....
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i just wish the gateway was up so i can do my professions. i can't do it on my computer, but i could kick Hubby off of His and do it there, if the gateway was working! All those AD i could be making...

*sobs*
  • Options
    razzthomrazzthom Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are they going to protect our Invokes? I was on to do my invokes on all 6 of my toons, but I can't now.... I don't think it is fair to lose my weeks worth of work because of a server issue.......
  • Options
    kamakanidkamakanid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    from PWE's linked twitter page regarding this outage...

"PWE Outage Updates ‏@PWE_Outage 2m

Our engineers are making progress! Some games are in the process of being started back up. We'll tweet more updates as they become available"
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i think memories of the past should be kept sa such, to not ruin the illusion. :p
    but im googling the MMO top10 right now, letz see what else is out there.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    They weren't able to protect Invocations during Caturday, so i doubt that they'll be able to do that now. Would be nice, but it's probably not a high priority for them, since you can't lose more than a week worth of coins.

i have been able to pretend like i'm creating characters, anyway. No Dragon shard up, so they don't go anywhere, but that's okay. i like playing with the character creation screen.
This discussion has been closed.