What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    belgarion01belgarion01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Like I said my bard and my friend's cleric offered complimentary rezzes and runbacks to the zone (Me zip zapping to their loc and then grouping with them while twisting the speed song with the endless breath song. while cleric medded and rezzed) and then we started going to highly populated zones and using the shout command to notify all other players of what the 2 people who led the raid did and providing their character's names so nobody would group with them Payback is a Beeyotch HEHEHE
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    That would bite as kedge was not a friendly place to visit. I had the pleasure to visit it many many many many many times for my part of my epic as as wizard. I can only guess he was not a wizard, as we mostly knew each other and kind of had an order in who would get to loot the epic drop if it did.

But then again I was also part of the Wizard Manaburn Cross Guild Legion while we were on the LEdgends server whom we had the Sleepers Tomb keys locked down with the pre mana burn nerf and we sold them for 200k even to our own guilds. If we had not buyers we killed the dragons anyway.

We had the spawn times down and since we were a wizard brigade no guild could beat us there since we would not port anyone to Colbalt Scar to get to them. We were bad, the wizards came from Township rebellion and our rival guild Leviathian. The guild leaders hated us for that, but what could they do, they needed us and had to have us for raids.

God those were the days.

That brings back memories. I hadn't thought of any of that for a very long time -- until now.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    More that one person was leading the raid and using the rest of us as cannon fodder for their ability to get what they wanted I believe they were husband and wife actually

That would happen...but that is true for any game though. I generally would not do any pick up raids, and if I was told an epic dropping mob was up and everyone I knew had missed it...well enough said they would all know and hasty raid would be formed and let the race begin!

MAY THE BEST AND FASTEST RAID GROUP WIN. LOL I did not play on a PvP server either.
  • Options
    stormywillowstormywillow Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You won't be getting any kind of "compensation" for the downtime aside from the CTA being extended. You absolutely will not be getting any kind of "special compensation" as some kind of "paying customer perk".

So, as a paying customer myself, let me be the first to say..

Goodbye, good luck and good riddance.

Truth be told, these server outages aren't as bad as people seem to think they are. For example, there are no shortages of incredibly amusing posts in the forums. Don't you agree?

Absolutely :D
  • Options
    stevebobbstevebobb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited March 2014
    Compensated for downtime? It's a FREE to play game, just because you buy Zen doesnt entitle you to ANYTHING!!!

this!!!!!!

It amuses me all of the little baby like crying about this downtime.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I carefully examined both the Rules of Conduct on the forums (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?420291-Neverwinter-Community-Forums-Rules-of-Conduct&p=5311331#post5311331) for Neverwinter forums, and the Terms of Service for Arc/Perfect World Entertainment (http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms). I don't support entities whose policies run afoul of the Constitution. Therefore, I support PWE. Nowhere did I find any such prohibition; I *did,* however, see certain restrictions on signature size, YouTube links etc. If someone can provide me a link to the referenced term or condition allegedly violated, I would be very happy. First Amendment, yo. Just sayin.'

Because it's not a government entity, it can't run afoul of the 1st amendment. As a lawyer, i'm sure you understand that.
  • Options
    greensaigreensai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited March 2014
    Absolutely :D

Last I checked we are not paying to play, that's for free, we paid for *perks* and special goodies, which I'm sure you received already.

If a little downtime because of some bad luck for the company is reason for you to leave the game then you must not really be as badly addicted as the rest of us :)

Have some patience, it will all be sorted out or go try something different for a few hours.
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Just thought I would mention that STO is also down so its something affecting a large area of their games.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Like I said my bard and my friend's cleric offered complimentary rezzes and runbacks to the zone (Me zip zapping to their loc and then grouping with them while twisting the speed song with the endless breath song. while cleric medded and rezzed) and then we started going to highly populated zones and using the shout command to notify all other players of what the 2 people who led the raid did and providing their character's names so nobody would group with them Payback is a Beeyotch HEHEHE

Well there again how things have changed...Your reputation was everything back then. Now it does not matter in games today. And good for you. I would always be the last to leave any zone you had to be teleported or translocated out of even if danger was present or could become present. And no I never charged for my all the stones it cost me.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The ability to reminisce with other EQ1 players is compensation enough :D
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But if they didn't control the content, it would devolve very quickly into a troll haven. While it's been years since i visited some other forums *coughWoWcough* i remember how entire threads had to be constantly removed because of trolling. They didn't bother to keep AHEAD of the problem, so it often quickly escalated out of control. i also used to be head admin a fairly large forum (NOT gaming related) and it can be very hard to know how strict you need to be to keep things safe and friendly while still allowing free speech. i'd rather the mods err on the side of caution most days just because i know how quickly things can spiral out of control when they don't.

There is no free speech on a forum, never has been.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Well there again how things have changed...Your reputation was everything back then. Now it does not matter in games today. And good for you. I would always be the last to leave any zone you had to be teleported or translocated out of even if danger was present or could become present. And no I never charged for my all the stones it cost me.

You're right. My reputation as a healer was *very* important to me. On Hate raids, people would argue over who got to have me in their group. It felt nice being wanted!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    captainrubber1captainrubber1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is no free speech anywhere. Especially America lol glad I don't live in the land of the "free" :D
  • Options
    treachjuris1treachjuris1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "run afoul" - indeed it can. Actionable on those grounds? Absent state action, or a close nexus thereto, no. I stand by my convictions. If you'd like to carry this discussion further, private messages are welcome.
    Because it's not a government entity, it can't run afoul of the 1st amendment. As a lawyer, i'm sure you understand that.
  • Options
    foosbootyfoosbooty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So, if you guys have so much time to complain, why not drive on over the PWE and lend them a hand. With all your expertise it should be fixed in no time.
  • Options
    dv8maker12dv8maker12 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Free to play quite logically means that there is no need for any compensation, however Perfect world has always been good about acknowledging issues and prolonging events like this weekends skirmish when impacted by downtime. Stinks that its down...quite possibly means I'm going to loose the celestial coins I was accruing but...at the end of the day, its a pretty damned good free game that will be back up shortly, and I'll just have to do something else in the meantime (and yes, I have spent plenty of money on zen supporting this game...it's worth it).
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I have been enjoying it to. I still log on from time to time to both EQ1 and EQ2 just to take in the sights.

Maybe we should or I will make a guild called Veterans of Everquest. Not sure if it could be called that.
  • Options
    jankh453jankh453 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I haven't been able to log in for about 6hr now.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jankh453 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to log in for about 6hr now.

That's the nature of the beast. And why we're all here instead of playing
  • Options
    lep33lep33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do this forum a favor and please use this time to go watch The Guild. It will do you all some good lol! seriously!
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    You're right. My reputation as a healer was *very* important to me. On Hate raids, people would argue over who got to have me in their group. It felt nice being wanted!

Hate CR's could take a long long time. Ah I so loved the brutality that game could dish out on you. That is something I miss in all of the new games, there isn't that penalty for being foolish or the real requirement for skill and cooperation.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Actually I think I might just do that...make a guild for that.
  • Options
    dv8maker12dv8maker12 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I miss casting deadmans on everyone in the nexus just to get the whole zone floating...or the vast amount of people I met needing a translocation while on my wiz...EQ1 was an experience like no other.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    foosbooty wrote: »
    So, if you guys have so much time to complain, why not drive on over the PWE and lend them a hand. With all your expertise it should be fixed in no time.

Yea, this is great reply!....You so awsome.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hate CR's could take a long long time. Ah I so loved the brutality that game could dish out on you. That is something I miss in all of the new games, there isn't that penalty for being foolish or the real requirement for skill and cooperation.

I agree so much you could never know. That was a game that took real skill and cooperation. I don't think anyone could imagine raids having and needing 100 people in them today. And all those people had to communicate and cooperate just via the keyboard. No such thing as teamspeak or ventrilo etc.
  • Options
    coldwroughtcoldwrought Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I never played EQ I played Ultima Online, miss the heck out of that game. It's still supported but also still through subscription and the shard population has fallen so much it isnt worth the money.
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    greensai wrote: »
    Last I checked we are not paying to play, that's for free, we paid for *perks* and special goodies, which I'm sure you received already.

If a little downtime because of some bad luck for the company is reason for you to leave the game then you must not really be as badly addicted as the rest of us :)

Have some patience, it will all be sorted out or go try something different for a few hours.

I think you might be quoting the wrong post there.
  • Options
    areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dv8maker12 wrote: »
    Free to play quite logically means that there is no need for any compensation, however Perfect world has always been good about acknowledging issues and prolonging events like this weekends skirmish when impacted by downtime. Stinks that its down...quite possibly means I'm going to loose the celestial coins I was accruing but...at the end of the day, its a pretty damned good free game that will be back up shortly, and I'll just have to do something else in the meantime (and yes, I have spent plenty of money on zen supporting this game...it's worth it).

They have a browser game where you can send your companions into a dungeon to fight with dice. One of the dungeons will refresh your coin timers. Adding 30 hours to the timer so just give it a play.

Edit: **** just went to do that for myself and the webpage is down as well.
  • Options
    chmmr213chmmr213 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27
    edited March 2014
    Just want to confirm same happening here to us in Maryland... Neverwinter, Star Trek Online and Champions are all showing server status down still.
  • Options
    crrush83crrush83 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Amen. UO was where it's at. Still looking for a game to replicate that feeling that anything could happen at any time.
This discussion has been closed.