test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Better give that last beer to the mod ..he may need it ;)
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • mikaelle3mikaelle3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was able to log in just now but both of my characters are not in account. I don't think this is part of server down
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    atraleos wrote: »
    For those that have characters copied to the preview shard, it appears to be fine. Obviously can't make any real progress, but you can test things out if you had that planned.

Oooh! i didn't even think of that! Guess i'll load preview!
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    greydog2 wrote: »
    Better give that last beer to the mod ..he may need it ;)

Sorry, too late
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll just quote myself here:
    It's been said more times than I have fingers and toes to count in this thread (and I only have 15): You may be able to successfully log in, however, the shard is DOWN. Therefore, you will not be able to see your character list.

It has also been said multiple times that the issue is not affecting any character data, merely the ability for many to log in. You may be able to log in but at the present there is NO connection to the Dragon shard, ergo, you will NOT be able to see your characters. However, your character data has not been affected.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    man dose noone read look at the bottom of your char selection window ppl and it says "a shard is ofline characters on dragon server will not show in the window above" or some such, like read all the words on the page before u run to the hills crying calamity

and yeah my chars on preveiw are there and i can log into them as preveiw shards up already
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited March 2014
    I'll just quote myself here:

LOL...You can lead a horse to a river.... :P
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i'm laughing at myself. i reloaded the launcher to get to preview and saw that there is now a newslink for this down time. It says "outage update" and i read it as "outrage update." i was thinking that was an appropriate news title. :D
  • bobledegoutebobledegoute Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    crash affect professions ? My blacksmith is busy making the best sword:mad:
  • lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Argh, why wasn't Neverwinter the first game to fix >.< I want to see my little hobbit o.@ I'll just spam this page then... maybe not.
  • thronbrthronbr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Champions Online, War of the Immortals, and Fortuna are back online! We'll see you back in-game there, and more games will be up soon.

@PWE_Outage
  • lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    thronbr wrote: »
    Champions Online, War of the Immortals, and Fortuna are back online! We'll see you back in-game there, and more games will be up soon.

@PWE_Outage

ZOMG, but whyy!!! >.>
  • milenaelzmilenaelz Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    brisyorn94 wrote: »
    I have the same; I heard someone say that it is only temporary as that server is still down

Thank you for your assuring reply. I had a scare for a moment. It is amazing how some ppl has the intent to flame instead of helping. Hope server will be up soon.
    Lvl 70 Divine Oracle
    Lvl 70 Oathbound Paladin
    Lvl 60 Spellstorm Mage
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I wonder if we will get a Dr. Newbton companion because of all of this.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't even care for my foundry quest, it sucks :( How do I make the door-portal appear at the end of the quest so people can leave it? LOL

That was actually one of my first issues ironically as well and the first one I posted on the forums. To make an exit, you need to place a detail object to use as the exit. Then go to the thing that says "map transition" after all of your objectives and select the object you wanted to use as the door.

Also remember to type something in other than "Go to Next Map".
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »

We might get a gazillion iouns...
  • brisyorn94brisyorn94 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    milenaelz wrote: »
    Thank you for your assuring reply. I had a scare for a moment. It is amazing how some ppl has the intent to flame instead of helping. Hope server will be up soon.

No worries. Happy to help
  • killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »

lmao

220px-Dr._Newbton_Action_Figure.png
    edited March 2014
    That was actually one of my first issues ironically as well and the first one I posted on the forums. To make an exit, you need to place a detail object to use as the exit. Then go to the thing that says "map transition" after all of your objectives and select the object you wanted to use as the door.

Also remember to type something in other than "Go to Next Map".

Thanks a lot :3
  • gulxgilamarthgulxgilamarth Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    LOL...You can lead a horse to a river.... :P

What happens then???
    edited March 2014
    What happens then???

But you can't make it float?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    killerella wrote: »
    lmao

220px-Dr._Newbton_Action_Figure.png

For those who don't know, that is the Dr. Newbton action figure from CO.

There was a large downtime (that was caused by a new employee in the ops team) and everyone who played the game at the time was given that action figure. We don't have action figures in NW, but we do have companions....
  • jjasonn028jjasonn028 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What happens then???

It's harder to drown it than you think..
  • dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    if its smart it drinks, if its a dumb animal, it drowns. :p
  • kamakanidkamakanid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There was a large downtime (that was caused by a new employee in the ops team) and everyone who played the game at the time was given that action figure. We don't have action figures in NW, but we do have companions....

I don't know about you, but I don't need any more dogs running around my house... and I sure as heck can't afford to feed illusionists and druids :P
  • slaaneshihorrorslaaneshihorror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2014
    No no.
    You just catch dysentery.
    Greycloaks Bank Manager - Malanael Corventus.
  • thronbrthronbr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We're now conducting final checks on Battle of the Immortals. More games will be coming back up soon so we can conduct their final checks.

@PWE_Outage
  • radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited March 2014

You can't drown them... no matter how much you want to push their lazy heads into the river...too much?
  • dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    10 gold say NWO will be the LAST one to be back on. -.-
  • xackorxackor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What if this is all just an experiment to see how many times gaming nerds will complete the same repetitive task of attempting to log in over a span of predetermined hours?
This discussion has been closed.