test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jelara1 wrote: »
    See, I was the enchanter, who would get begged by guilds - usually just as I was about to go to sleep - to come and salvage their raid in Fear or Hate because they borked the break in, and had a full wipe. Oh the guilt trips - what do you mean you had something to do in RL - you have to be here every night, 7 days a week! Till we became, nah, we don't really need enchanters anymore.

I hear you. ANd I understand you.
  • synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Great Neverwinter Server Outage: 3/21/2014

12/21/2014 will see a massive unexpected rise in the birth rate. :D

And lo, with the second Baby Boomers (known to themselves and their generational peers as the Baby PewPewers) were many, and it was a popular cultural custom among them to proclaim, "Mom and Dad said it was Lewstelamon01's idea."

Credit where credit's due? *Ducks*
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gamers are universal. They asked if there was an estimated uptime (en Portuguese) and I responded, "unknown. It has been like that for hours. Sorry." - Does courtesy offend?

Be that as it may, our Rules of Conduct require that all posts be made in English unless the forum is specifically marked as non-English speaking, to be properly received and moderated.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • ifeelsifeels Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    guys u can log to game ?
  • achilleskinachilleskin Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Quoted from the Dev forum:

Hey adventurers, we're still working to resolve it. It's a HARDWARE issue that we're looking to resolve.
    right there was that post after the one I read...Hard to tell whats goin on from this thread, check elsewhere.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Ahh the guild raid leader infamous SHOUTS "EVERYONE CAMP.....EVERYONE CAMP.....EVERYONE CAMP!!!"

Ugh! I remember those nights. Quick, open inventory, guzzle an invisibility potion, sit, camp, and pray nothing undead (that sees through normal invisibility) storms the room in the next 30 seconds (because, as a good healer, I didn't have Invisibility vs. Undead wasting a spell slot when I could have a healing spell there instead).

That, and "TRAIN! Choo-choo! Move it or lose it!" right before 50 mobs come running along, killing everything in their path...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    See, I was the enchanter, who would get begged by guilds - usually just as I was about to go to sleep - to come and salvage their raid in Fear or Hate because they borked the break in, and had a full wipe. Oh the guilt trips - what do you mean you had something to do in RL - you have to be here every night, 7 days a week! Till we became, nah, we don't really need enchanters anymore.

That's the very reason why i no longer join "serious" raiding guilds in any game. While i always did like doing serious raiding, i didn't like the guild leaders assuming that raiding was the #1 priority in my life and then getting offended/irritated when i had to tell them "no" as they asked me to do something that i did NOT sign up for.
    edited March 2014
    That's why I've been avoiding guilds in NW. I'd had enough of guild politics in EQ1.
  • historicalmanhistoricalman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think this event should henceforth be known as "THE NEVERWINTER VORTEX OF 2014."
  • gulxgilamarthgulxgilamarth Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is probably payback for all those times I've set my hirelings on fire...

Haven't checked, but heard they've extended CTA for a day. Friday night outages sucks, but at least this is something :)
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gamers are universal. They asked if there was an estimated uptime (en Portuguese) and I responded, "unknown. It has been like that for hours. Sorry." - Does courtesy offend?

Not so much that it offends, just that if they start allowing people to post in languages other than english, then they'll either need to spend time translating each post, or risk a post that violates (other) forum rules through because they can't understand it.

As such the policy is to keep all posts in this forum in English to prevent such an occurrence.

It's only a minor infraction though so unless you do it repeatedly you have nothing to worry about.
  • jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I still call TRAIN TO ZONE every morning when my dogs barrel down the steps towards the back door!
    edited March 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Ugh! I remember those nights. Quick, open inventory, guzzle an invisibility potion, sit, camp, and pray nothing undead (that sees through normal invisibility) storms the room in the next 30 seconds (because, as a good healer, I didn't have Invisibility vs. Undead wasting a spell slot when I could have a healing spell there instead).

That, and "TRAIN! Choo-choo! Move it or lose it!" right before 50 mobs come running along, killing everything in their path...

Ahh you spent too much time in Crushbone etc near the zone line. LOL. Funny thing was...good player, bad player it happened to everyone in the first few years.

Or we would pick exp spots within running distance to a zone line especially during hell levels.
  • malikinetokmalikinetok Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let's just hope they can get it up and keep it up for more than four hours...

That would cause them to have to consult their technician... err...umm...physician. ;)
  • sunnybunny251sunnybunny251 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    WEELLLLLL things are still down - don't watch game play on youtube will make you sad. :( Hey look on the bright side we can all work on our back stories :)
    edited March 2014
    That's the very reason why i no longer join "serious" raiding guilds in any game. While i always did like doing serious raiding, i didn't like the guild leaders assuming that raiding was the #1 priority in my life and then getting offended/irritated when i had to tell them "no" as they asked me to do something that i did NOT sign up for.

I understand...I was in Township Rebellion, if that rings a bell. Screw FoH they were the top quild on all all servers until we came along. But yes many a times it felt like a job.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Finished my book.

/sigh

Okay, now to starting book three in the trilogy. If i get done with THAT one before the servers are back up, i'm going to have to assume things are well and truly borked.
    edited March 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    That's why I've been avoiding guilds in NW. I'd had enough of guild politics in EQ1.

Guilds are different here until there is real raid content and by that I mean anything more then a party of 5 group. MY experience in NWO is they are more social then hardcore, except a few PvP guilds.
    edited March 2014
    LOL, I can close my eyes and still see the layout. That's exactly the zone I was thinking of, blue orcs and all.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Moderators have to enforce forum rules whether they like it or not so it's not really their fault.
    edited March 2014
    I still call TRAIN TO ZONE every morning when my dogs barrel down the steps towards the back door!

That made me spew my drink on my keyboard laughing.
  • dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    But yes many a times it felt like a job.
    the more it feels like a job, the more ppl tend to feel commited to the game, thus reducing the propability of cancellation.
    its not a crazy coincidence that MMO's in general tend to feel like jobs. :p
  • plaguedoczedplaguedoczed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Library is a mile away, bike is borken and it closes in 15mins...oh well I guess I could reread Neverwinter Lore on Wikia or Wikipedia...
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is probably a dev somewhere thinking, "Why Friday? Why..."
  • ratbugasmattiratbugasmatti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    how many hours more? *sigh
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are we there yet?
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    There is probably a dev somewhere thinking, "Why Friday? Why..."

Here's to hoping that dev at least gets paid overtime. ;)
    Artificer.jpg
  • shinyuu3ronashinyuu3rona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I need to "AHHHHHH". Am I'm gooing to lose all my celestial points? It feels like I need to go pee and I can't. LOL :p
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    While I wait to hopefully get a druid, I can be screwed over by Diablo 3's RNG instead! Happy times.
    edited March 2014
    Offical twitter update

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m
    .@someone_any1 Confirmed. Networking hardware issues.
    View conversation
This discussion has been closed.