What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    achilleskinachilleskin Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Does someone who knows whats going on give the playerbase a rundown in a stiky or something? 5 hours of downtime and all we have is somethings broke lol and still no eta besides "soon"

As far as I know its an EXTERNAL NETWORK issue, meaning we are at the mercy of a company that has little or nothing to do with NWN. Though I am sure NWN is applying pressure where they can.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Does someone who knows whats going on give the playerbase a rundown in a stiky or something? 5 hours of downtime and all we have is somethings broke lol and still no eta besides "soon"

They are still working on the "knowing" but if you check the dev thread you can read those words from the devs' own fingers...
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Yeah, those were the bad old days. I always rezzed people for free, at least. Losing XP (and sometimes a level) when you died in a Hell Level was the worst.

And then there was the 15pp for *each* invisibility potion, which was a must if you were a cleric on a Hate raid (drink one before camping!). Platinum could buy anything in the game, but everything cost a fortune.

Ahh the guild raid leader infamous SHOUTS "EVERYONE CAMP.....EVERYONE CAMP.....EVERYONE CAMP!!!"
  • Options
    jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    See, I was the enchanter, who would get begged by guilds - usually just as I was about to go to sleep - to come and salvage their raid in Fear or Hate because they borked the break in, and had a full wipe. Oh the guilt trips - what do you mean you had something to do in RL - you have to be here every night, 7 days a week! Till we became, nah, we don't really need enchanters anymore.
  • Options
    chronologic010chronologic010 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As far as I know its an EXTERNAL NETWORK issue,

Quoted from the Dev forum:

Hey adventurers, we're still working to resolve it. It's a HARDWARE issue that we're looking to resolve.
  • Options
    mountain62mountain62 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I picked up my acoustic and started playing some Stones, Dylan, Doors, and enjoying Colorado legal.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    jelara1 wrote: »
    See, I was the enchanter, who would get begged by guilds - usually just as I was about to go to sleep - to come and salvage their raid in Fear or Hate because they borked the break in, and had a full wipe. Oh the guilt trips - what do you mean you had something to do in RL - you have to be here every night, 7 days a week! Till we became, nah, we don't really need enchanters anymore.

I hear you. ANd I understand you.
  • Options
    synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Great Neverwinter Server Outage: 3/21/2014

12/21/2014 will see a massive unexpected rise in the birth rate. :D

And lo, with the second Baby Boomers (known to themselves and their generational peers as the Baby PewPewers) were many, and it was a popular cultural custom among them to proclaim, "Mom and Dad said it was Lewstelamon01's idea."

Credit where credit's due? *Ducks*
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gamers are universal. They asked if there was an estimated uptime (en Portuguese) and I responded, "unknown. It has been like that for hours. Sorry." - Does courtesy offend?

Be that as it may, our Rules of Conduct require that all posts be made in English unless the forum is specifically marked as non-English speaking, to be properly received and moderated.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    ifeelsifeels Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    guys u can log to game ?
  • Options
    achilleskinachilleskin Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Quoted from the Dev forum:

Hey adventurers, we're still working to resolve it. It's a HARDWARE issue that we're looking to resolve.
    right there was that post after the one I read...Hard to tell whats goin on from this thread, check elsewhere.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Ahh the guild raid leader infamous SHOUTS "EVERYONE CAMP.....EVERYONE CAMP.....EVERYONE CAMP!!!"

Ugh! I remember those nights. Quick, open inventory, guzzle an invisibility potion, sit, camp, and pray nothing undead (that sees through normal invisibility) storms the room in the next 30 seconds (because, as a good healer, I didn't have Invisibility vs. Undead wasting a spell slot when I could have a healing spell there instead).

That, and "TRAIN! Choo-choo! Move it or lose it!" right before 50 mobs come running along, killing everything in their path...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited March 2014

That's the very reason why i no longer join "serious" raiding guilds in any game. While i always did like doing serious raiding, i didn't like the guild leaders assuming that raiding was the #1 priority in my life and then getting offended/irritated when i had to tell them "no" as they asked me to do something that i did NOT sign up for.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That's why I've been avoiding guilds in NW. I'd had enough of guild politics in EQ1.
  • Options
    historicalmanhistoricalman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think this event should henceforth be known as "THE NEVERWINTER VORTEX OF 2014."
  • Options
    gulxgilamarthgulxgilamarth Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is probably payback for all those times I've set my hirelings on fire...

Haven't checked, but heard they've extended CTA for a day. Friday night outages sucks, but at least this is something :)
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gamers are universal. They asked if there was an estimated uptime (en Portuguese) and I responded, "unknown. It has been like that for hours. Sorry." - Does courtesy offend?

Not so much that it offends, just that if they start allowing people to post in languages other than english, then they'll either need to spend time translating each post, or risk a post that violates (other) forum rules through because they can't understand it.

As such the policy is to keep all posts in this forum in English to prevent such an occurrence.

It's only a minor infraction though so unless you do it repeatedly you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I still call TRAIN TO ZONE every morning when my dogs barrel down the steps towards the back door!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ugh! I remember those nights. Quick, open inventory, guzzle an invisibility potion, sit, camp, and pray nothing undead (that sees through normal invisibility) storms the room in the next 30 seconds (because, as a good healer, I didn't have Invisibility vs. Undead wasting a spell slot when I could have a healing spell there instead).

That, and "TRAIN! Choo-choo! Move it or lose it!" right before 50 mobs come running along, killing everything in their path...

Ahh you spent too much time in Crushbone etc near the zone line. LOL. Funny thing was...good player, bad player it happened to everyone in the first few years.

Or we would pick exp spots within running distance to a zone line especially during hell levels.
  • Options
    malikinetokmalikinetok Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let's just hope they can get it up and keep it up for more than four hours...

That would cause them to have to consult their technician... err...umm...physician. ;)
  • Options
    sunnybunny251sunnybunny251 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    WEELLLLLL things are still down - don't watch game play on youtube will make you sad. :( Hey look on the bright side we can all work on our back stories :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That's the very reason why i no longer join "serious" raiding guilds in any game. While i always did like doing serious raiding, i didn't like the guild leaders assuming that raiding was the #1 priority in my life and then getting offended/irritated when i had to tell them "no" as they asked me to do something that i did NOT sign up for.

I understand...I was in Township Rebellion, if that rings a bell. Screw FoH they were the top quild on all all servers until we came along. But yes many a times it felt like a job.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Finished my book.

/sigh

Okay, now to starting book three in the trilogy. If i get done with THAT one before the servers are back up, i'm going to have to assume things are well and truly borked.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That's why I've been avoiding guilds in NW. I'd had enough of guild politics in EQ1.

Guilds are different here until there is real raid content and by that I mean anything more then a party of 5 group. MY experience in NWO is they are more social then hardcore, except a few PvP guilds.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LOL, I can close my eyes and still see the layout. That's exactly the zone I was thinking of, blue orcs and all.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Moderators have to enforce forum rules whether they like it or not so it's not really their fault.
  • Options
    dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    But yes many a times it felt like a job.
    the more it feels like a job, the more ppl tend to feel commited to the game, thus reducing the propability of cancellation.
    its not a crazy coincidence that MMO's in general tend to feel like jobs. :p
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I still call TRAIN TO ZONE every morning when my dogs barrel down the steps towards the back door!

That made me spew my drink on my keyboard laughing.
  • Options
    plaguedoczedplaguedoczed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Library is a mile away, bike is borken and it closes in 15mins...oh well I guess I could reread Neverwinter Lore on Wikia or Wikipedia...
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is probably a dev somewhere thinking, "Why Friday? Why..."
This discussion has been closed.