ratbugasmattiratbugasmatti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    how many hours more? *sigh
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    There is probably a dev somewhere thinking, "Why Friday? Why..."

Here's to hoping that dev at least gets paid overtime. ;)
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    shinyuu3ronashinyuu3rona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I need to "AHHHHHH". Am I'm gooing to lose all my celestial points? It feels like I need to go pee and I can't. LOL :p
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    While I wait to hopefully get a druid, I can be screwed over by Diablo 3's RNG instead! Happy times.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Offical twitter update

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 4m
    .@someone_any1 Confirmed. Networking hardware issues.
    View conversation
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Just work on getting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> done early so you can enjoy it tomorrow :P Hard for a Friday, but better than not being able to get time in game once stuff starts coming up later in the weekend that needs to get done for next week.
  • Options
    urgakurgak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Confirmed. Networking hardware issues. off their twitter....sounds like they might be gettin close to fixing it if they found the issue, crosses fingers.
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Moderators have to enforce forum rules whether they like it or not so it's not really their fault. However I do have an issue on how controlling of the forum they are and how a lot of reasonable discussion is not allowed just because they say so.

But if they didn't control the content, it would devolve very quickly into a troll haven. While it's been years since i visited some other forums *coughWoWcough* i remember how entire threads had to be constantly removed because of trolling. They didn't bother to keep AHEAD of the problem, so it often quickly escalated out of control. i also used to be head admin a fairly large forum (NOT gaming related) and it can be very hard to know how strict you need to be to keep things safe and friendly while still allowing free speech. i'd rather the mods err on the side of caution most days just because i know how quickly things can spiral out of control when they don't.
  • Options
    belgarion01belgarion01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I had the misfortune of once being on a raid in Kedge Keep under Dagnor's Cauldron......Biggest mistake I made on EQ actually...turns out that we were not raiding for XP, or AA's or LOOT (Although the raidleaders failed deliberately to mention it until afterwards) NO we were RAIDING for pieces of some of the raid leaders' EPIC 1.0 Weapons... B**TARDS they ninja looted EVERYTHING and TOOK EVERYTHING OFF Phinegal Autropos. 14 Raid members got killed without getting rezzed until me and my friend launched a post-raid-bardspeed-aquatic-corpse-rescue-mission.. Anyway that was the last time we associated with those selfish jackasses leading said raid. DONT ATTACK THE FRICKING SIRENS!!!!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Guilds are different here until there is real raid content and by that I mean anything more then a party of 5 group. MY experience in NWO is they are more social then hardcore, except a few PvP guilds.

I was in Skye in EQ1; we were an itty bitty guild and had trouble staying together. I was in it with a RL friend who was for a time the wealthiest enc on Luclin :p
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    ratbugasmattiratbugasmatti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thanks god it's fried day!
  • Options
    malikinetokmalikinetok Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I need to "AHHHHHH". Am I'm gooing to lose all my celestial points? It feels like I need to go pee and I can't. LOL :p

YAY!!!! The wife has appeared on the forum!!! (though she is sitting right beside me :P ) BWAHAHAHAHA. All your CPs will be gone the way of the dinosaur.....
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the main reson i say its unlikely to be a issue of rolebacks in in CO they have anounced its a network issue which generaly means its not 1 or enuther games data servers, the fact its effecting almost all or all PWE games leads me to suspect its there ISP and its hard for 1 company to say when enuther company will have somethign fixed especialy when its late on a firday arvo that it happens
  • Options
    coldwroughtcoldwrought Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    My wife is a redhead would PWE like for me to have her call your provider? By the end of the call their entire workforce will be on the job of specifically fixing your issue. Just hit me up.
  • Options
    captainrubber1captainrubber1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1 am in the morning. Came on to set up professions, do a quick CTA, put stuff in AH and pray :( guess not lol
  • Options
    carlobabecarlobabe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i sure hope paying customers (myself included), will get compensated for this downtime. havent been able to get online all day. its now 2am, saturday morning here... been waiting for servers to get up since 9pm friday. guess they've been down for longer than that.

some compensation for paying users would be appreciated. and if not, i wont spend any more on this game.
    not that i dont like it, and im sure they're doing all they can to fix the problem. but paying for a free to play game, must have some advantages... like getting compensated for downtime.
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    urgak wrote: »
    Confirmed. Networking hardware issues. off their twitter....sounds like they might be gettin close to fixing it if they found the issue, crosses fingers.

They have yet to state who has ownership of the problem. It depends if its a 3rd party network issue or not. Its crazy inside those data centers, if you go past "this line", its someone else's property and you cant touch it, even though you are standing 3 meters from the problem. If a 3rd party does own the problem, the problem resolution is out of Cryptic's control, then all they can do is have their upper management escalate the ticket like crazy. Essentially you are at the mercy of someone else responding based on priority.

Hopefully Cryptic owns the problem so it can be resolved quicker.
  • Options
    shinyuu3ronashinyuu3rona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    YAY!!!! The wife has appeared on the forum!!! (though she is sitting right beside me :P ) BWAHAHAHAHA. All your CPs will be gone the way of the dinosaur.....

Triple :'( My only game...guess I'm going to bed to watch Dexter...Maybe he can just jump out of the screen and put me out of my misery. I wanna "AHHHHHH" my characters!!!
  • Options
    synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    F5 to refresh... F5 to refresh... reminds me fawn-dly of a fairly recent experience.
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That would bite as kedge was not a friendly place to visit. I had the pleasure to visit it many many many many many times for my part of my epic as as wizard. I can only guess he was not a wizard, as we mostly knew each other and kind of had an order in who would get to loot the epic drop if it did.

But then again I was also part of the Wizard Manaburn Cross Guild Legion while we were on the LEdgends server whom we had the Sleepers Tomb keys locked down with the pre mana burn nerf and we sold them for 200k even to our own guilds. If we had not buyers we killed the dragons anyway.

We had the spawn times down and since we were a wizard brigade no guild could beat us there since we would not port anyone to Colbalt Scar to get to them. We were bad, the wizards came from Township rebellion and our rival guild Leviathian. The guild leaders hated us for that, but what could they do, they needed us and had to have us for raids.

God those were the days.
  • Options
    coldwroughtcoldwrought Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    carlobabe wrote: »
    i sure hope paying customers (myself included), will get compensated for this downtime. havent been able to get online all day. its now 2am, saturday morning here... been waiting for servers to get up since 9pm friday. guess they've been down for longer than that.

some compensation for paying users would be appreciated. and if not, i wont spend any more on this game.
    not that i dont like it, and im sure they're doing all they can to fix the problem. but paying for a free to play game, must have some advantages... like getting compensated for downtime.

Compensated for downtime? It's a FREE to play game, just because you buy Zen doesnt entitle you to ANYTHING!!!
  • Options
    belgarion01belgarion01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    More that one person was leading the raid and using the rest of us as cannon fodder for their ability to get what they wanted I believe they were husband and wife actually
  • Options
    stormywillowstormywillow Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014

lol really?

I occasionally find myself wondering what a life of such entitlement must feel like.

I'm sure everyone at Cryptic will be crying themselves to sleep tonight over the mere pennies they'll lose when you never log on again... oh wait... they already have your pennies because you ALREADY PAID. You're not paying a subscription fee where they can pro-rate your monthly payment to compensate for downtime, so stop crying already and wait like the rest of us have been doing for over 6 hours now.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    the main reson i say its unlikely to be a issue of rolebacks in in CO they have anounced its a network issue which generaly means its not 1 or enuther games data servers, the fact its effecting almost all or all PWE games leads me to suspect its there ISP and its hard for 1 company to say when enuther company will have somethign fixed especialy when its late on a firday arvo that it happens

When you expierence a cable outage in your area...you just have to wait and wait and wait.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd forgotten about that. On Hate raids, we usually established a loot order for epic drops.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

You won't be getting any kind of "compensation" for the downtime aside from the CTA being extended. You absolutely will not be getting any kind of "special compensation" as some kind of "paying customer perk".

So, as a paying customer myself, let me be the first to say..

Goodbye, good luck and good riddance.

lol really?

I occasionally find myself wondering what a life of such entitlement must feel like.

I'm sure everyone at Cryptic will be crying themselves to sleep tonight over the mere pennies they'll lose when you never log on again... oh wait... they already have your pennies because you ALREADY PAID. You're not paying a subscription fee where they can pro-rate your monthly payment to compensate for downtime, so stop crying already and wait like the rest of us have been doing for over 6 hours now.

Truth be told, these server outages aren't as bad as people seem to think they are. For example, there are no shortages of incredibly amusing posts in the forums. Don't you agree?
  • Options
    jazharajazhara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Moderators have to enforce forum rules whether they like it or not so it's not really their fault. However I do have an issue on how controlling of the forum they are and how a lot of reasonable discussion is not allowed just because they say so.

its even worse then the anet forums for gw2, where you can get infractions for offending somebody by telling them they are incorrect and explaining politely the reality of a situation.

I was once infracted for explaining that anets stand on macros of any kind, including gaming mice software macros was that they where not allowed/acceptable, because thats what their reps on the forums had said a dozen or more times, despite the fact they are selling a gw2 branded mouse.....

i even linked 6 or so of the statements.

also explained that, the reality was, nobody was gonna get banned for setting up some basic macros to chain skills or the like, because they couldnt really be 100% sure a macro wasnt just somebody playing by hand, and even one of the reps from anet said, it was just a way to outlaw bots since a complex macro app can work somewhat like a bot.

(Why would they brand a mouse that comes with macro software for a game, if they didnt expect you would use that software as intended?)

anyway, its a common problem with forums run by gaming companies, either theres over moderation, or under moderation, or a weird mix of the 2(see blizzards WoW forums)
  • Options
    draconiseabladedraconiseablade Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    When you expierence a cable outage in your area...you just have to wait and wait and wait.

If your cable company doesn't suck theyll comp you for the lost time and actually try to keep you in the loop.
  • Options
    treachjuris1treachjuris1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ...and maybe it's just the lawyer in me, but prior to registration (and before my response to the individual, and again after receiving remarks) I carefully examined both the Rules of Conduct on the forums (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?420291-Neverwinter-Community-Forums-Rules-of-Conduct&p=5311331#post5311331) for Neverwinter forums, and the Terms of Service for Arc/Perfect World Entertainment (http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms). I don't support entities whose policies run afoul of the Constitution. Therefore, I support PWE. Nowhere did I find any such prohibition; I *did,* however, see certain restrictions on signature size, YouTube links etc. If someone can provide me a link to the referenced term or condition allegedly violated, I would be very happy. First Amendment, yo. Just sayin.'
    But if they didn't control the content, it would devolve very quickly into a troll haven. While it's been years since i visited some other forums *coughWoWcough* i remember how entire threads had to be constantly removed because of trolling. They didn't bother to keep AHEAD of the problem, so it often quickly escalated out of control. i also used to be head admin a fairly large forum (NOT gaming related) and it can be very hard to know how strict you need to be to keep things safe and friendly while still allowing free speech. i'd rather the mods err on the side of caution most days just because i know how quickly things can spiral out of control when they don't.
This discussion has been closed.