What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    sfdhsgjhkmsgsfdhsgjhkmsg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Been off for several hours, still can't get back in. Hooray for earthquakes...i mean beer.
  • Options
    okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There have been no updates, that was a message berating us for wondering what is happening...
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    ukspawn wrote: »
    Late to this band wagon. Just to verify, how long has the server been down/unstable? Pretty much all day judging by post times?

I feel this may be all my fault as it's the one day I decided not to log into Neverwinter, despite withdrawals, took some time out to purchase a property. It's actually nice to know I haven't missed anything though. When the servers are down I'm assuming invoking stands still, so chances are I won't have hit a reset as I assumed skipping a day would have cost me?

Looks like from first post 11:51 am to 3:51 pm last post so ~4 hours now.

You owe us all for causing this :P

Edit: oops, till 3:51pm ~4 hours*
  • Options
    johnscot65johnscot65 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    meh someone pushed the wrong button lol I have had this happen to me on GW2 and lotro both so its nothing new
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    johnscot65 wrote: »
    meh someone pushed the wrong button lol I have had this happen to me on GW2 and lotro both so its nothing new

If only it was that simple. That would have been fixed by now, haha. ;)
  • Options
    spaceguerrillaspaceguerrilla Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Happens in every game. Aion had it bad for a while.
  • Options
    swipemasterswipemaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Vote for your favorite excuse:

1. They had a spring picnic and EVERYONE went.
    2. A bad trash can fire in the data center. Firemen flooded the room and drenched the servers. Hair dryers have been issued.
    3. A main drive array failure. Nearest Radio Shack is closed for the day. Headed to Walmart.
    4. Forgot to pay their internet bill. Bandwidth limited to run forums only. Cryptic will still sell you more Zen.
    5. Data Center opened Tymora's Box that stated "shut down the servers for 8 hours to receive your treasure".
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    johnscot65 wrote: »

I imagine a tempting big red button next to a note: "DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON"
  • Options
    jesuslionheartjesuslionheart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Real life hurts.. please.. take it back.. before.. SPRIINNG PICNICKKKK
  • Options
    sirslappymcgeesirslappymcgee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    civ·il
    adjective \ˈsi-vəl\

: of or relating to the people who live in a country

: of or relating to the regular business of the people in a city, town, state, etc. : not connected to the military or to a religion

: polite but not friendly : only as polite as a person needs to be in order to not be rude

Take care.

Well put Webster(achilleskin), well put :)
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know what this thread needs?

More cowbell.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/628756/
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    since there seems to be some confusion as to how the neverwinter website and forums could be up and the game servers are obviously down, let me explain how this is possible. this is in no way any indication as to how PWE has their infrastructure set up and the information about their infrastructure is proprietary and exposing that information is a security risk.

it is highly possible that web servers are not hosted in-house. it is also highly possible that internal servers are hosted off-site as well. companies like IBM offer these services to companies of all sizes.

part of the reason ARC is being implemented is to streamline the patching/launching system but we are far from being anywhere near there. that means that most, if not all of PWE's games are set up on individual servers. so if most of these servers are down, it's highly likely that the issues from today are EXTERNAL. this is not an official announcement, but it is based on years of working in the IT industry.

if there was something official that PWE felt they needed to announce, they would. we know the issue is known and being resolved. my assumptions aren't necessarily right, but they're more on target than stating it's bad server management.
  • Options
    gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    See guys, thats what happen if you dont play real Pen&Paper but such nerdy MMO-stuff. Calm down, play some D&D E3. xD
  • Options
    johnscot65johnscot65 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ok I guess someone pushed the wrong button
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    They edited this guys post because he said stuff. This is the kind of time wasting that leads to a HUGE corporate game company having no answer for server downtime and no backup. All due respect here, you can't blame people for calling a joke of a tech department a joke of a tech dept.

I live in New York and I am sitting on my couch, on my day off from my real life job which is not working for PWE moderating forums instead of doing something a bit more enjoyable.

I assure you what I do has absolutely no impact on how fast this is issue gets resolved.
  • Options
    vaerthvaerth Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How long can we expect this for?
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No worries; I'm sure most of us get that it's most likely a backbone problem that has nothing at all to do with PWE. Some of us are just having fun ribbing :p

At least I made a little progress on my heap corruption issue (this danged game has taken me away from it for too long). Now if I can only get the kernel debugger to tell me where the fault actually took place...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    foosbootyfoosbooty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vaerth wrote: »

Till the earth falls into the sun
  • Options
    brisyorn94brisyorn94 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vaerth wrote: »

Don't know...been going for quite a few hours already apparently
  • Options
    pal0ushanpal0ushan Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Any word on a time frame yet?
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    Hey adventurers, we're still working to resolve it. It's a hardware issue that we're looking to resolve.
  • Options
    brisyorn94brisyorn94 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pal0ushan wrote: »
    Any word on a time frame yet?

I don't know about anyone else but I haven't come across anything about it
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey adventurers, we're still working to resolve it. It's a hardware issue that we're looking to resolve.

I *told* you to feed the hamsters!
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    People just need to calm down and realize that the devs are probably scrambling around in their offices trying to get this fixed ASAP. I'm not going to join this angry mob and verbally attack the people who are trying to fix their mistake. I'm just going to sit here patiently and find something else to do in the mean time. When the game is back up, I will continue as I normally do.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    amazue70amazue70 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for the update!

*eats more cookies*
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do some people just rage for the sake of it? Or are they incapable of reading the thread and absorbing the information contained therein? What part of 'external' are they having difficulty with?

Answers on a postcard to...
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    lymphanlymphan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    **** I've hoped its an alien invasion...
  • Options
    stopicanhitustopicanhitu Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I tried telling that guy my old Packard bell computer wasn't good enough for a server..but he insisted ten bucks is ten bucks
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited March 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCHKIdup5Lo
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This once happened to EQ1 and the game was out for an entire night. It turned out to be a Qwest backbone problem a thousand miles away. It happens.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
This discussion has been closed.