Install Arc
Options

Ioun Stone of Radiance?

Comments

• Options
    trunkswordtrunksword Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    On the subject of upgrading - if you upgrade the stone to purple, I expect this to be what you will get:

Base stats:

Hit points: 300
    Power: 153
    Critical Strike: 153
    Recovery: 153
    Regeneration: 153

(I expect the stone will give 153 points like the Ioun stone of might, not 185 like the Ioun Stone of Allure, as it has 4 stats, not 3).

Active Bonus:

Life Steal: 165
    Deflect: 165

(I expect the stone will give 165 because that's what the other 2-stat companions give when upgraded to purple)

One final thing to consider when comparing the stones is that this stone has 3 offense runestone slots like the stone of might, instead of 2 offensive and one defensive like the stone of allure. This will of course affect the final stat bonuses the stone provides.

THANK you for your insight oh wise one! This was exactly why I came to this forum to find out!
  • Options
    sean99999sean99999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This week, we are running it again, but this time for everyone that had ever transferred Zen, as long as they have logged into Neverwinter recently. This is to make up for the fact that we have just started this promotion, and you should not be penalized for having put Zen into Neverwinter before this promotion became available.

I have not received any email. Can you please resend it to my account? Thank you.
  • Options
    fantom3nfantom3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I have to say, my scam-sensors were tingling at first, as I haven't "recently" bought any ZEN. But then I saw the origin of which the mail came from and went ahead and transferred some.. I just hope the stone will be a epic one so I don't have to spend a stupid amount of AD to upgrade it :p
    Neverwinter addict since open-BETA! What's your drug?
    Spoon? There is no spoon.

Old member of Team Fencebane (R.I.P)
    - One of the 5 core founders.
  • Options
    eorl71eorl71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still waitnig for the stone to appear in my ingame mail...
  • Options
    dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    $10 for account wide unlock is not a bad deal. That is the ONLY time I buy anything from the store and you are totally right. I wish they would do more account wide unlocks.

Absolutely. It's a brilliant price for that companion - which is your BFF as a Cleric post-60 - and being an account-wide unlock is just a huge mountain of icing on top of that very cheap, and very tasty cake. :D
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Forgot to ask also

will this affect my Future Classes i Create? say for example when Druid/Paladin/Warlock etc come out will this be inthe claims vendor for them ?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Forgot to ask also

will this affect my Future Classes i Create? say for example when Druid/Paladin/Warlock etc come out will this be in the claims vendor for them ?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, this is the way account wide unlocks work. They are claimable by all characters present and future.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yes, this is the way account wide unlocks work. They are claimable by all characters present and future.

Thanks for the Quick reply !
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Agrh!

Dam my head must be useless today, I forgot to also ask does anyone know the Passive yet? I cant find it listed in these 20 pages or on the Wiki Site with the Description, I know Allure = 7-10% Slow and Might = 5% Stamina regeneration
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Agrh!

Dam my head must be useless today, I forgot to also ask does anyone know the Passive yet? I cant find it listed in these 20 pages or on the Wiki Site with the Description, I know Allure = 7-10% Slow and Might = 5% Stamina regeneration

It is listed on the wiki.

+55 to life steal and deflect.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Agrh!

Uh..."passive bonus"?? - the slow and stamina regen is the active bonus...I don't know what you mean by "passive" bonus, but the corresponding bonus for the new stone is the life steal and deflect bonus.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    It is listed on the wiki.

+55 to life steal and deflect.

Yeah seems like i need to go back to sleep again, was not thinking clearly it seems, I had it in my head of "Active" and "Passive" bonus for some reason, Never mind thanks,
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    eorl71 wrote: »
    Still waitnig for the stone to appear in my ingame mail...

A. It won't be in your mail. You'll have to see the reward claim vendor (gift box on PE map).
    B. You'll get it after the offer period expires, like the email said. Not before.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just a question, is this companion bound to the account when we receive it? Or are we able to sell it in the AH?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It most likely would be BoP. Otherwise it could easily be exploited.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Every other account-unlock companion has been BoP.

Scratch that... every other account-unlock everything has been BoP with a couple of bugged exceptions and workarounds (which were exploited for as along as they lasted).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    From someone that received the email, what is the listed cut off date?
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    From someone that received the email, what is the listed cut off date?
    It should say on the email. Mine says 2/24.
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well customer support basically sent me a statement that amounted to "no email=no go", though I still don't know if the internet just chewed up my email and I actually do qualify or not. I'm half tempted to just throw in 1000 Zen this weekend and see what happens (its not like I can't come up with a use for Zen).

In any case I really am not happy about how this promotion was approached. I'm very clear on why I don't have, for instance, the quickling (the timing was just really bad) but if I don't get this item I won't know what I did or didn't do right/wrong.
  • Options
    js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    To answer some common questions:

- If you did not get the email, then you will not be able to participate in the offer.
    - Zen from the offers system does indeed count, as long as transfer at least 1000 during the time that the offer is available to you.

I am wondering, last time i put zen on the game was january 27... and i didnt get the e-mail.. Any reason for that?
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    Let me do my best to clarify the situation.

Last week, we ran this promotion for a small amount of users who recently transferred Zen into Neverwinter. Since this was the first time this promotion has ever been tried, we started small.

This week, we are running it again, but this time for everyone that had ever transferred Zen, as long as they have logged into Neverwinter recently. This is to make up for the fact that we have just started this promotion, and you should not be penalized for having put Zen into Neverwinter before this promotion became available.

If you have transferred Zen into Neverwinter before, and have not received this email: it probably got stuck in your spam filter, you chose to opt out of our mailing list, or for some reason we were unable to deliver it to you. If you would like to verify that you qualify prior to transferring in 1000 Zen, please contact Customer Support.

If you have not transferred Zen before, you do not qualify for this offer. If you transfer for the first time this week, you should look forward to getting the email in the future.

So, I took your advice and contacted customer support, asking them to verify that I qualify for the offer. This is what I got in response:
    Summary: If you didn't receive it, you didn't qualify. (is that okay to post?)

No verification, only reliance on my actually being able to verify on my own that I received the email. Not much help there at all. I appreciate your efforts here in explaining things to us, but it would be nice it CS was on the same page instead of you inadvertently directing us to a frustrating dead end.
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Well customer support basically sent me a statement that amounted to "no email=no go", though I still don't know if the internet just chewed up my email and I actually do qualify or not. I'm half tempted to just throw in 1000 Zen this weekend and see what happens (its not like I can't come up with a use for Zen).

In any case I really am not happy about how this promotion was approached. I'm very clear on why I don't have, for instance, the quickling (the timing was just really bad) but if I don't get this item I won't know what I did or didn't do right/wrong.
    Ditto.

I have put in about $40.00 to Neverwinter in the last several months, all the Zen bought directly from PWE. I picked up the Drow Merc promotion less than 2 months ago, so I definitely have bought and transferred $10 worth of Zen recently.

So what is the next step to fix this?
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I replied back to their generic "if you didn't receive it, you didn't qualify" letting them know that we were directed, via the Product Manager to contact CS to verify our eligibility. They have since elevated my ticket up to the next tier. I will let you all know what happens from there.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    So what is the next step to fix this?

Contact Customer Support and ask them to verify that you are eligible for this promotion or transfer 1000 Zen into Neverwinter anyway.

There are a few things which could cause you not to receive the e-mail, such as not being signed up for e-mail newsletters from PWE, which from what I read of HeyRogers' posts do not actually make you ineligible for the promotion. Customer support should be able to give you a yes, no answer for sure but even without contacting them if you have ever transferred Zen into the game and do so before the 24 you should still receive the promotion.

Note this is not an Official Statement. This is just my best understanding of the situation.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I contacted CS but I can not discuss their response as it is against forum policy but obviously they did not follow through or I would not have responded ditto to serpinecoh's post that ended up exactly as my experience did.

CS from Cryptic have always be less than helpful and this does not seem to have changed since PWE took over. The only time I have ever gotten something fixed is through the forums, Live Chat (which is gone) or through PMs (which might as well be gone as they no longer help there either). I had to turn to RobO to get something easy to fix with a Lifetime Sub issue in CO, maybe that should be what I do now since he moved to this game since then. :p

EDIT: I have also gotten help from devs through game chat also but that too is a dead end. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Contact Customer Support and ask them to verify that you are eligible for this promotion or transfer 1000 Zen into Neverwinter anyway.

There are a few things which could cause you not to receive the e-mail, such as not being signed up for e-mail newsletters from PWE, which from what I read of HeyRogers' posts do not actually make you ineligible for the promotion. Customer support should be able to give you a yes, no answer for sure but even without contacting them if you have ever transferred Zen into the game and do so before the 24 you should still receive the promotion.

Note this is not an Official Statement. This is just my best understanding of the situation.

Yeah, but scroll up and look at what CS is actually saying in response to our tickets. We're getting generic "if you didn't get the notification e-mail, you don't qualify" responses when asking them to verify our status. I had to push them for a better answer, pointing out that we were directed to them for verification, to get them to elevate my ticket to the next tier of support.

I know (now) there's a rule against posting their responses, but in a case like this, it could be very beneficial to others in the same boat, as well as internally to someone like HeyRoger as well as CS by way of feedback to see exactly what's going on here. If he's sending us to them for verification, it might benefit him to see the generic response we are getting in return so he can clear things up on their end, or on his, because there is obviously a disconnect there.
  • Options
    mcflurrysundaemcflurrysundae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    That Ioun Stone of Radiation looks cool :)
  • Options
    thedarksiderthedarksider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

This discussion has been closed.