test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ioun Stone of Radiance?

Comments

• asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ok, so i'f i'm reading this right, all i have to have done is transfer Zen into Neverwinter some time withing the last couple of weeks (which i did, 2014-02-14), and sometime next week i'll get a free Stone.

is that right?
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • rangervegasrangervegas Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd have to say i'm a bit irritated by these kind of promotions. I have bought the Knights of the Feywild pack and zen in the past, and just recently bought the Hero of the North pack and another $50 in Zen and got NO email about this. And yes I checked my spam folder. I get regular emails from PW about purchases and other things fine in my account.

So what I would have had to spend $1000 in the past month to get this email or what?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    It doesn't matter when you purchase the zen, only when you transfer to the live server. For example, I often buy zen during the 15% sales and leave it on my PWE wallet. Then I move it to specific games (I play all three cryptic games) only when I have a reason to (since I never have a lot of money so I can't just dump it into all three, I have to be careful).

If you did the same, that could be how you qualified even if you bought the zen a long time ago.

haven't done that either or any sort of purchases in months
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I'd have to say i'm a bit irritated by these kind of promotions. I have bought the Knights of the Feywild pack and zen in the past, and just recently bought the Hero of the North pack and another $50 in Zen and got NO email about this. And yes I checked my spam folder. I get regular emails from PW about purchases and other things fine in my account.

So what I would have had to spend $1000 in the past month to get this email or what?

I've never spent anything the past few months and my total spending on this game isn't even remotely close to $1000 yet I got this email. I have no idea what their algorithm is
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    I haven't transferred Zen to the store since the Companion Pack Sale. What was that, two months ago?
    Yet I just received my e-mail. I am going to wait to see tomorrow's weekly sale to see if I want anything more than $10 but I am thankful I got the opportunity for this.

But indeed the choice in who does or does not get to participate in this promotion should be clarified. The point of a promotion should be to promote at least by saying what earned the promotion to begin with...and I wouldn't call the companion pack sale "recent."
  • angradangrad Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have a question. What was the beginning date of the promotion?

I ask because I think I bought zen a few days before the email was sent out. (I buy zen every month) Does that mean I am DQed? It was $10 (1000 Zen)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Well, as I said I haven't purchased Zen since December 30, 2013.

I would also love to know the details of this promotion but I wouldn't fret over the specifics of when you did or did not purchase Zen.

I'm not sure how the are deciding who does or does not get the promotion but it really needs to have some light shed on it because last week this e-mail was sent out to seemingly random people and while it's great a lot more people received it, including myself, it still doesn't make a lick of sense how or why.
  • borak2borak2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ok, so i'f i'm reading this right, all i have to have done is transfer Zen into Neverwinter some time withing the last couple of weeks (which i did, 2014-02-14), and sometime next week i'll get a free Stone.

is that right?

No. You need to transfer 1000 zen within the next few days and than you will get the stone up to 48hrs after the promotion is over. If you have transfered zen within the last couple of months then you would be eligible to participate in this promotion.

For the people that say they haven't gotten any emails. Check your spam folder, check your PWE account and make sure you have your email in it and you are allowed to receive emails from them.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got the email. Haven't charged zen for a while.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh trust me, I have gotten every other email sent out by PWE in my regular inbox and I clean out my spam box on a daily basis and I scan over all email in the spam folder as some emails of mine have gotten put in there by accident due to gmail being stupid. And no email has come so it looks like I lose out on another promotion.
  • ricorpricorp Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I received the same offer in my e-mail hours ago (~1pm PST). I found it sooo hard to resist that I clicked on the link and ended up with 1k ZEN sittting on my NW acct right now (on the Dragon server, of course).

What I find mystifying is how did I qualify for this promo?

According to my 'https://billing.perfectworld.com/history' page (and, if I remember this correctly, it is just my 5th time ever to visit this page ever since I started playing a PWE game), before today, my last purchase was made last June 28, 2013. (Oh my! That long ago!)

And then there is my 3 purchases of Bank slot expansions when it was on sale this past couple of weeks. The ZEN I used to make those purchases came from converted AD. (Yes, that is in-game currency!)

There goes my 2 cents in the pot! :)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I received the e-mail too....but that's only a part of the story.

When I first heard of the earlier promo offer for this stone a week ago, I was pissed-off. The reason being that I have transferred quite a lot of Zen into the game, but I did not qualify at that time because I was obviously not lucky enough to transfer the zen during the relevant window.

I complained to support, who told me to post on the boards, which I did yesterday but the thread was deleted, which irritated me even more. I had decided to stop transferring zen into the game - I had suggested to implement rewards like this as a loyalty program, rewarding people based on total transfers or something like that, instead of making it a lottery - only rewarding those lucky enough to transfer during a short window.

Then, today, this mail showed up. Now, I can only conclude that someone, somewhere actually listened to complaints and decided to extend this promo - basically changing what "recent transfer" meant - in my case that meant that my last transfer on December 10th seems to have qualified.

So, I'm happy now....and PW/Cryptic got a bit more of my money .... thank you.

As a side note ... for me this means that every new alt I create, starts his/her live with 5 green promo companions at level 4 ;) Should make leveling them even more trivially easy than it was before.

The only question is to whether to replace the stone on my main - a purple Ioun Stone of Allure...the bonuses on this one seem more attractive than the small chance to slow down one opponent, but the upgrade is a bit expensive.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    I received the e-mail too....but that's only a part of the story.

When I first heard of the earlier promo offer for this stone a week ago, I was pissed-off. The reason being that I have transferred quite a lot of Zen into the game, but I did not qualify at that time because I was obviously not lucky enough to transfer the zen during the relevant window.

I complained to support, who told me to post on the boards.

I had decided to stop transferring zen into the game - I had suggested to implement rewards like this as a loyalty program, rewarding people based on total transfers or something like that, instead of making it a lottery - only rewarding those lucky enough to transfer during a short window.

Then, today, this mail showed up. Now, I can only conclude that someone, somewhere actually listened to complaints and decided to extend this promo - basically changing what "recent transfer" meant - in my case that meant that my last transfer on December 10th seems to have qualified.

So, I'm happy now....and PW/Cryptic got a bit more of my money .... thank you.

As a side note ... for me this means that every new alt I create, starts his/her live with 5 green promo companions at level 4 ;) Should make leveling them even more trivially easy than it was before.

The only question is to whether to replace the stone on my main - a purple Ioun Stone of Allure...the bonuses on this one seem more attractive than the small chance to slow down one opponent, but the upgrade is a bit expensive.

not only do you get the deflect and lifesteal active bonus (rather than the lame slow thing), the hp boost(that allure has) on the main stone is replaced with regeneration. A total win in my book.
    edited February 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    not only do you get the deflect and lifesteal active bonus (rather than the lame slow thing), the hp boost(that allure has) on the main stone is replaced with regeneration. A total win in my book.

I would tend to agree - life steal and deflection has not been a priority for my main (a DC), but with other stats pretty high already I am at the point where those are really the only stats it is worthwhile to increase.

Now, here is a thought. I am going to assume that a number of people will take advantage of this offer, which would mean a short-term flood of Zen into the game .... which should significantly affect the AD:Zen exchange rate - I would not be surprised to see it dip below 300. I guess those who like playing the Zen/AD market have a chance of making quite a bit of profit.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Now, I just need a mount discount to spend all those ZEN on, as there is not much else i'd purchase... :P
  • hoattkk23hoattkk23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    Check your spam filter, or that you are opted into receiving emails from PWE. I verified that the email address attached to your forum name is indeed on the list of users that qualified this week.

I again urge others to do the same if they believe they recently transferred in Zen and haven't seen this email yet.

Hi
    Same thing is happening to me as well. Check my email and spam and haven't receive an email for the promotion. If you want you can verified my email and it should qualified since i buy zen on a daily basic. Thanks
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Now, here is a thought. I am going to assume that a number of people will take advantage of this offer, which would mean a short-term flood of Zen into the game .... which should significantly affect the AD:Zen exchange rate - I would not be surprised to see it dip below 300. I guess those who like playing the Zen/AD market have a chance of making quite a bit of profit.

I don't think so because using the AD/Zen Exchange is not "transferring" Zen into Neverwinter. It's already there. The offer is for those who transfer Zen from the PWE Wallet to the Neverwinter game or using the new system to buy Zen specifically for Neverwinter (the new system that is one-step, rather than two-steps).

Just saying that people converting AD into ZEN for this purpose will be in for a disappointing experience. And this is how these "Zen Transfer" promos have always worked, it's not a new paradigm.
    edited February 2014
    I don't think so because using the AD/Zen Exchange is not "transferring" Zen into Neverwinter. It's already there.

You misunderstood me. This offer will mean a lot of Zen transferred into the game, and while some of it will be spent in the Zen store, I expect that quite a substantial part will be converted to AD - that additional Zen might affect the AD:Zen rate.
  • rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did mine as well. I did the one for the Fey Wolf mount and Quickling months ago.

• stonesbreakbonesstonesbreakbones Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Check your spam filter, or that you are opted into receiving emails from PWE. I verified that the email address attached to your forum name is indeed on the list of users that qualified this week.

I again urge others to do the same if they believe they recently transferred in Zen and haven't seen this email yet.

Thank you for the fast reply, heyrogers! I checked my spam folder, and nothing related is there. Afterwards, I noticed that I didn't have the email option selected though, so I checked the box, and then I bought 1000 more Zen, for good measure. I still don't have the email though, so I'm wondering what my next step would be?
  • malevolent215malevolent215 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have a question. Since this Stone is Green Quality... Does it have all six equip slots open, or is the last one locked until you upgrade it?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You misunderstood me. This offer will mean a lot of Zen transferred into the game, and while some of it will be spent in the Zen store, I expect that quite a substantial part will be converted to AD - that additional Zen might affect the AD:Zen rate.

Ah, okay! That makes sense. :-) I should be prepared to flip stocks there. Good profit to be made for patient Exchange players!
  • ryuk23333ryuk23333 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the mail is 100% from pwi for all players gat it but rember you needs to wait till the opening is over and it is 4 days till that and then can you be unlucky and wait 2 more days to get it but what the hell it is a cool one
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have a question. Since this Stone is Green Quality... Does it have all six equip slots open, or is the last one locked until you upgrade it?

Same as the Stone of Might...needs to be upgraded to access the final gear slot
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
    edited February 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    Same as the Stone of Might...needs to be upgraded to access the final gear slot

On the subject of upgrading - if you upgrade the stone to purple, I expect this to be what you will get:

Base stats:

Hit points: 300
    Power: 153
    Critical Strike: 153
    Recovery: 153
    Regeneration: 153

(I expect the stone will give 153 points like the Ioun stone of might, not 185 like the Ioun Stone of Allure, as it has 4 stats, not 3).

Active Bonus:

Life Steal: 165
    Deflect: 165

(I expect the stone will give 165 because that's what the other 2-stat companions give when upgraded to purple)

One final thing to consider when comparing the stones is that this stone has 3 offense runestone slots like the stone of might, instead of 2 offensive and one defensive like the stone of allure. This will of course affect the final stat bonuses the stone provides.
  • jaapjaap Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2014
    Nice confusing event. I bought 1000 zen at 17-2, and tranferred 1000 to Neverwinter at 17-2. Without knowing about this event. Now I saw this e-mail *Exclusive Ioun Stone Offer* came at 19-2 in my e-mail box? Will I still get this pet!?!?
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »

I just found out my email settings were not set to allow emails from PWE. Is it possible to resend the email?
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Will you get pet if you transferred 1000 zen but you didn't get the mail?

And when did the promotion start?
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Will you get pet if you transferred 1000 zen but you didn't get the mail?

No...according to a member of Cryptic posting here, you will not.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Found the letter. :)
This discussion has been closed.