test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ioun Stone of Radiance?

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    zengiah wrote: »
    I like promotions. But this one is a bad one. Why?

Because a blue Ioun stone cost like 500k ingame and its BLUE and have a better passive etc.
    With this green one you have to spend 500k for an upgrade and it has a worse passive bonus.

So basicly its cheaper to buy the blue one.
    Tobad because I really like the promotion-idea. I think its a good way to make money in a free to play game.

. . . You're not spending the Zen to buy the stone though. You still have that Zen to spend on whatever you wish. The Ioun Stone is a free bonus.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    So, sometime between February 24th and February 26th.

I took that to mean that we could get it sooner, but no later than 48 after the promo ends.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . You're not spending the Zen to buy the stone though. You still have that Zen to spend on whatever you wish. The Ioun Stone is a free bonus.

Well I can choose to spend my 500k AD to buy a blue better stone, or spend 500k on each green stone to upgrade it to blue and get a worse stone than the Ioun one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    I took that to mean that we could get it sooner, but no later than 48 after the promo ends.

With the charge promotions in the past, they always sent the rewards out all at once after the promotion ended.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    . . .It explicitly states, "within 48 hours after this offer expires."
  • Options
    tuxanxustuxanxus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Man opening this up to everyone even for 2000 zen they would make a good amount.
  • Options
    mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Hmmmm what kind of irritates me is that I am getting the mails on my "alt" accounts... The account I BUY zen on is not getting the mail...
    Yeaaa, idk what they're thinking making a limited promo where the people who get it seem to be at random. Id happily transfer enough zen over if they made it open to everyone. =/
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • Options
    heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    I like promotions. But this one is a bad one. Why?

Because a blue Ioun stone cost like 500k ingame and its BLUE and have a better passive etc.
    With this green one you have to spend 500k for an upgrade and it has a worse passive bonus.

So basicly its cheaper to buy the blue one.
    Tobad because I really like the promotion-idea. I think its a good way to make money in a free to play game.

The trade-off is that this one is for all characters on your account, and that the 1000 Zen that you transfer is not used on the companion itself. You still have that Zen to spend. Some people will choose to participate for these reasons, some people won't.
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is a cool promotion. I had 500Z and charged another 500Z through Rixty and then added 1000Z to Neverwinter. I hope it works as I've been having some account problems. My web-based wallet still reads -4000Z after my last transfer and I haven't got my 300 bonus Zen yet from my last purchase.
  • Options
    eorl71eorl71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What's the active bonus of this companion?
  • Options
    heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    I haven't gotten the email and I transferred zen in the past.

To be clear, the Zen that you have transferred must have been into Neverwinter. If it had been to say, STO, then that will not qualify you for this offer.

Additionally, for everyone that is wondering why they haven't gotten it on their main account but have gotten it on their alts, I recommend that you look at your account settings to ensure that the email addresses associated with your main/alts are lined up correctly.
  • Options
    zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    The trade-off is that this one is for all characters on your account, and that the 1000 Zen that you transfer is not used on the companion itself. You still have that Zen to spend. Some people will choose to participate for these reasons, some people won't.

You dont seem to get it tho. :P

Option 1:
    You charge 1000 zen and get a green stone on all chars. You have to spend 500k on each stone to upgrade it to blue.

Option 2:
    You charge 1000 ZEN (or not) and discard the green stone and you spend that ZEN on whatever you want. And then you use the 500k AD that you saving from not needing to upgrade a green stone to buy a blue stone better stone.

The diffrence is that you get a better stone for the same amount of AD you spend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Got the same newsletter today. Is its active bonus still the lousy blood-sucking state?
  • Options
    mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    To be clear, the Zen that you have transferred must have been into Neverwinter. If it had been to say, STO, then that will not qualify you for this offer.Additionally, for everyone that is wondering why they haven't gotten it on their main account but have gotten it on their alts, I recommend that you look at your account settings to ensure that the email addresses associated with your main/alts are lined up correctly.
    When was the cut off date for the last time zen was transferred? just wondering.
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My zen has been to neverwinter as I had gotten a promo before in the past for zen transfer
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Got the same newsletter today. Is its active bonus still the lousy blood-sucking state?

Yes, the active bonus is lifesteal and deflect.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Well, that's meh.
  • Options
    tuxanxustuxanxus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Whats the past. Just transfered yesterday and once months ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    tuxanxus wrote: »
    Whats the past. Just transfered yesterday and once months ago.

I last transferred zen during the big companion sale and got it. A friend said they last transferred in December and got it.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Why are these bad passive stats? Sound good to me.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You dont seem to get it tho. :P

Option 1:
    You charge 1000 zen and get a green stone on all chars. You have to spend 500k on each stone to upgrade it to blue.

Option 2:
    You charge 1000 ZEN (or not) and discard the green stone and you spend that ZEN on whatever you want. And then you use the 500k AD that you saving from not needing to upgrade a green stone to buy a blue stone better stone.

The diffrence is that you get a better stone for the same amount of AD you spend.

i'm pretty sure he gets it. as all the others that are interested in this offer. it's okay if you or anyone else for that matter doesn't find value in this particular offer. a blue ioun stone of allure will cost you 1200z per character. if you have five characters, that's 6000z unless you get it on sale. that's roughly 2.28m AD if you use the current exchange rate of ~380AD per 1z.

with this offer, you transfer 1000z into neverwinter and you get a green ioun stone of radiance that can be used on all five of your characters and all future characters that you create on this particular account. so not only do you have 5 green stones of radiance, you also now have 1000z on your account. using the current exchange rate, that is 380k AD. if i was going to upgrade these green stones to blue, it would cost me 2.5m AD total. subtract the 380k that i already got from the zen i transferred and the cost to upgrade all of those is now 2.12m AD.

it's not incredibly cheaper, but it is cheaper. but it is a FREE augment companion claimable on all characters on that account. and some people like the value of that.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thesensai wrote: »
    Why are these bad passive stats? Sound good to me.

They are only bad to IanTheWizard because he refused to use life steal.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They are only bad to IanTheWizard because he refused to use life steal.

I tend to agree. I will GLADLY take lifesteal and deflect over a 7% chance to slow on encounter use.

Also, rather than the hp buff on the allure stone, the radiance stone has regeneration.

Seems like a win/win imo
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Do you have to transfer it into the Drider (Russian Server) or the Dragon (International Server), the email said Drider... But I want to confirm before transferring. I'm on the Dragon server, but I'd still be willing to randomly dump the 1k Zen into the Drider server, even if I never see it again the Ioun Stone is worth that IMO!

Thanks in advance for the clarification!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I transferred 600 zen yesterday before I got the email......LAME. Now I've got to spend $10. Worth it though, I suppose.
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Do you have to transfer it into the Drider (Russian Server) or the Dragon (International Server), the email said Drider... But I want to confirm before transferring. I'm on the Dragon server, but I'd still be willing to randomly dump the 1k Zen into the Drider server, even if I never see it again the Ioun Stone is worth that IMO!

It says on the E Mail, the following :
    This offer is not valid for players on the Drider server
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Read it again. It says the offer isn't available on Drider.
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014

OHH so that's what the Drider server is, saw it in the email and I was wondering - I am on Dragon and the email I got says "Not available for Drider Server" ...so maybe the Drider Server has their own promotion.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kirkcaldy wrote: »
    It says on the E Mail, the following : This offer is not valid for players on the Drider server
    YAY READING!!! :cool:

<meme removed per RoC>
    va8Ru.gif
This discussion has been closed.