test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ioun Stone of Radiance?

tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Did anyone else get an email about a 'promotion' for this supposed item?
My BS/Phishing detector went off like crazy on this email.

PS. Where do you report/submit suspicious emails to support?

Official response:
heyrogers wrote: »
Let me do my best to clarify the situation.

Last week, we ran this promotion for a small amount of users who recently transferred Zen into Neverwinter. Since this was the first time this promotion has ever been tried, we started small.

This week, we are running it again, but this time for everyone that had ever transferred Zen, as long as they have logged into Neverwinter recently. This is to make up for the fact that we have just started this promotion, and you should not be penalized for having put Zen into Neverwinter before this promotion became available.

If you have transferred Zen into Neverwinter before, and have not received this email: it probably got stuck in your spam filter, you chose to opt out of our mailing list, or for some reason we were unable to deliver it to you. If you would like to verify that you qualify prior to transferring in 1000 Zen, please contact Customer Support.

If you have not transferred Zen before, you do not qualify for this offer. If you transfer for the first time this week, you should look forward to getting the email in the future.
Post edited by tinukeda on

Comments

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It is a legit email. It was a hidden promotion
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, there has been a secret and legit promotion that has been send to an unspecified amount of players that "have recently transferred ZEN to Neverwinter" a few weeks ago. I would contact the customer support if this is running again.

Back then you had to transfer more ZEN to receive the item. More can be found on the Wiki.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's been over 6 months since I transferred any Zen into the game.
    #justsayin
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just transferred 1k into Dragon, since I had a bunch sitting around in the Wallet just for that purpose :D
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cool, did you get the stone?
    $10 for an account-wide green augment seems like a decent deal
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yep...Just got an email for this today. This coming about 2 weeks after people first starting talking about it
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hopefully, they decided to send it out in mass and not doing these secret promotions anymore. I got the e-mail as well.
  • bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Cool, did you get the stone?
    $10 for an account-wide green augment seems like a decent deal
    $10 for account wide unlock is not a bad deal. That is the ONLY time I buy anything from the store and you are totally right. I wish they would do more account wide unlocks.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »
    It's been over 6 months since I transferred any Zen into the game.
    #justsayin

I have never transferred zen onto the account I got the email with the offer , maybe everybody qualifies but they forgot to change the wording on the email.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Got the email as well. Already have stone of allure on all chars so not sure the radiant is enough active bonus to make it worth 10$ or not. Have to go in and see all the other active stats. I suppose at the very least, any future characters will have the radiant stone and I wont have to get them an allure.
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Even though the Radiant stone won't have access to the 3rd gear slot without upgrade, I think $10 is worth it since 4 or 5 of my chars don't have stones at this point.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • tuxanxustuxanxus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is there a key on this or is it just and fyi to transfer. Have 5 family members who play I would be happy to drop 50 for this.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And here I was miffed that I might of missed out on this when news broke on it last week. I got the email as well and jumped on it. As a certified alt-aholic. Anything I can get that is account wide is a huge bonus.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just to be clear, the Stone of Radiance does not cost $10. The Stone is free when you transfer 1000 Zen onto the Dragon server. You will still have the 1000 Zen to spend on whatever you want in game AND a free companion for every character on your account. :)
  • nap1985nap1985 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Anyone know if Zen earned through their surveys/promotions from peanut labs counts towards the total?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nap1985 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Zen earned through their surveys/promotions from peanut labs counts towards the total?

You probably need to ask support for a definite answer but you would probably not get a reply until after the offer ends , I would guess it does since you have to transfer the offer earned zen into neverwinter in the same way as zen you buy.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • dethsdezyndethsdezyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I guess it might be worth it for any future characters I get. Just not so much for the ones I already have that already have Stone of allure.
    It follows therefore, that this young man will be as unfeeling, as unthinking as the dead, until the day he joins them.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yea, its not so much the Zen itself. But the act of transferring it from your wallet into the game that triggers the bonus.
  • mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    does anyone know if you DIDNT get the email if the promo is active? I got it but my boyfriend didnt =/ i would love to get the stone for the both of us though :c
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • heyrogersheyrogers Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 180 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    To answer some common questions:

- If you did not get the email, then you will not be able to participate in the offer.
    - Zen from the offers system does indeed count, as long as transfer at least 1000 during the time that the offer is available to you.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    . . . I also got the email for the Ioun Stone of Radiance offer. I did transfer some Zen into Neverwinter about a week ago. So now, I just transferred 1,000 more Zen from my balance into Neverwinter! Huzzah!
  • herz0gherz0g Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I transferred some Zen to NW. When will the stone be available at the reward agent?
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I transferred 1000 why not! too good of an offer not to IMO
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To answer some common questions:

- If you did not get the email, then you will not be able to participate in the offer.
    - Zen from the offers system does indeed count, as long as transfer at least 1000 during the time that the offer is available to you.

Are you going to continue doing promotions like this where only certain people are eligible?
  • mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To answer some common questions:- If you did not get the email, then you will not be able to participate in the offer.- Zen from the offers system does indeed count, as long as transfer at least 1000 during the time that the offer is available to you.
    Well that sucks =/ The fact that people who havent transfered zen ever or in ages get the offer and others dont is pretty lame.
  • zengiahzengiah Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like promotions. But this one is a bad one. Why?

Because a blue Ioun stone cost like 500k ingame and its BLUE and have a better passive etc.
    With this green one you have to spend 500k for an upgrade and it has a worse passive bonus.

So basicly its cheaper to buy the blue one.
    Tobad because I really like the promotion-idea. I think its a good way to make money in a free to play game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    herz0g wrote: »
    I transferred some Zen to NW. When will the stone be available at the reward agent?
    At the bottom of the email, it states:
    Offer Ends 9:30am Pacific on February 24th
    Your Ioun Stone of Radiance will be delivered directly to your account within 48
    hours after this offer expires. It may be claimed on all characters on your account
    from the Reward Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave.
    So, sometime between February 24th and February 26th.
    edited February 2014
    Well i cant even to edit my post to heyrogers (yay new forums -.-) , but i also was wondering if during this time i can buy enough zen that the offer is sent?
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I haven't gotten the email and I transferred zen in the past.
This discussion has been closed.