test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sentinel GWF Build - PvE Focus (PvP viable) - Leeroy Jenkins!

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    copycat818 wrote: »
    Ty for the effort here but what I meant was can hafling/or any race can reach 75% deflect chance and 60% deflect severity? If the aswer is no than what's the highest deflect chance and severity have you all seen ?
    No idea bud, sorry...
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    fatalalgorithmfatalalgorithm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How actually effective is the dwarf racial for Knockback/repel resistance in PvP?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    How actually effective is the dwarf racial for Knockback/repel resistance in PvP?
    I've found it to be useful, thought I wouldn't say it's overpowered at all... It can/does annoy people when it triggers. Halfling is still the better race for PvP I'd say, but Dwarf can be fun and it can be game changing when the ability does trigger.

Hope that helps! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I've found it to be useful, thought I wouldn't say it's overpowered at all... It can/does annoy people when it triggers. Halfling is still the better race for PvP I'd say, but Dwarf can be fun and it can be game changing when the ability does trigger.

It does indeed. Thank you for all the quick replies you give.

Another thing. I was discussing the Sentinel IV GWF with a streamer and he expressed doubts about keeping aggro. Are there any aggro issues at all whether it's from low gear score, or extremely strong dps group members?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It does indeed. Thank you for all the quick replies you give.
    No problem at all, my pleasure! :cool:
    Another thing. I was discussing the Sentinel IV GWF with a streamer and he expressed doubts about keeping aggro. Are there any aggro issues at all whether it's from low gear score, or extremely strong dps group members?
    There can be, prior to the Dread Warrior Companion I would suggest increasing Power as much as possible to maximize damage to increase Threat generation with Battle Trample, etc. With the Dread Warrior Companions active bonus you should be fine in most parties honestly... Well at least those w/o a GF, they are still better aggro magnets. lol

Hope that helps!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kolatmaster, thank you for this wonderful guide!
    I just came back to NW from a long break and this really gets me going with my GWF.

I just one question, when you say enchantments 7s/8s/9s what exactly are these? Sorry, still trying to learn all the acronyms.

Thanks!
  • Options
    boody2010boody2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    Is this build for tanking or dps? Cause I'm a complete newbie and I can't decide whether to go for destroyer or Sent, I want to be able to dps and not be a complete glass cannon, but I don't want to tank really just be a dmg dealer. Sorry for the trouble, probably a noobish question! And thanks for the guide btw!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kolatmaster, thank you for this wonderful guide!
    I just came back to NW from a long break and this really gets me going with my GWF.
    Thanks, and welcome back! *high five* :cool:
    I just one question, when you say enchantments 7s/8s/9s what exactly are these?
    That is the Rank X level of the Enchantment: Radiant/Dark/Azure/Silvery/etc. They have Ranks 1-10, the higher level the higher the bonus they give your character.
    Sorry, still trying to learn all the acronyms.

Thanks!
    No worries at all, you're more then welcome!

boody2010 wrote: »
    Is this build for tanking or dps? Cause I'm a complete newbie and I can't decide whether to go for destroyer or Sent, I want to be able to dps and not be a complete glass cannon, but I don't want to tank really just be a dmg dealer. Sorry for the trouble, probably a noobish question! And thanks for the guide btw!
    This is a 'tank' though he also uses DPS to help generate aggro.

He is a 'tank' in the sense he can take a lot of damage and live, but in Neverwinter you also need to generate DPS to compliment your feats that give you extra Threat, at least as a GWF.

Hope that helps a bit, you're welcome! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks kolatmaster!
    that makes more sense now.

After reading your build, I still not sure what other enchantments you are using? like Radiant, Dark, Azure? Any suggestions?
    Also, I made a Human GWF, so I believe I have 3 more extra heroics points to spare, after following your latest heroic points distribution, any suggestion for the extra 3 points?

Thank You very much!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks kolatmaster!
    that makes more sense now.

After reading your build, I still not sure what other enchantments you are using? like Radiant, Dark, Azure? Any suggestions?
    Also, I made a Human GWF, so I believe I have 3 more extra heroics points to spare, after following your latest heroic points distribution, any suggestion for the extra 3 points?

Thank You very much!
    In Offense slots I am using Radiants for more Power. In Defense Slots I use Azure for Defense or Dark for Lifesteal. Sometimes I will slot in Silvery for Deflect. Honestly, whichever you prefer is fine in my summation... :)

Human is perfectly fine, and I would be sure to Max out Crit Severity and Crit Chance, and the extra slot/points in Steely Defense is never a bad thing!

You're welcome bud, no worries at all.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Once again thank you for always answering my newb questions rofl.

To clarify though. This racial has to actually "proc" or trigger, it isn't simply always on reducing knockback/repels by a certain amount?
  • Options
    borborygmos756borborygmos756 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey kolat, I went with a build that I had made on my own as I was leveling my character and it just wasn't working well when I hit 60.

So, I bought a retraining token and went with your build. It's working great so far and I appreciate the work you put into it. It fixed aggro generation and PvP participation with respect to what I can do at my current gear score.

However, I chose human so I don't get +2 STR/CON as my bonus, but I have 3 extra heroic feats I can use. In your opinion, what should I put these 3 extra bonus feats into for this build?

Thanks again for the help.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    He answered this question for somebody else right above.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Once again thank you for always answering my newb questions rofl.
    No worries bud, it's all good... :)
    To clarify though. This racial has to actually "proc" or trigger, it isn't simply always on reducing knockback/repels by a certain amount?
    Stand Your Ground: You have increased resistance to Knock and Repel effects.

So it just increases your percentage chance, which can also be affected by some Artifacts that give Control Resistance, or the new Tenacity stat for PvP, etc. Hope that helps clarify a bit!

Hey kolat, I went with a build that I had made on my own as I was leveling my character and it just wasn't working well when I hit 60.

So, I bought a retraining token and went with your build. It's working great so far and I appreciate the work you put into it. It fixed aggro generation and PvP participation with respect to what I can do at my current gear score.
    I always recommend doing what you like/want, and rocking from there... Though I am happy you're enjoying the build as it is. :)
    However, I chose human so I don't get +2 STR/CON as my bonus, but I have 3 extra heroic feats I can use. In your opinion, what should I put these 3 extra bonus feats into for this build?

Thanks again for the help.
    Just look at the response at the top of this page (page 41... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    borborygmos756borborygmos756 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just look at the response at the top of this page (page 41... :cool:

I read most of the pages and skipped the top of this one. Go figure.

I appreciate the help.
  • Options
    wrecsworldwrecsworld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Question: What items do you slot in your stone and what enchants in those items? just wondering.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I read most of the pages and skipped the top of this one. Go figure.

I appreciate the help.
    No problem at all bud, it's all good in the proverbial hood... :cool:

wrecsworld wrote: »
    Question: What items do you slot in your stone and what enchants in those items? just wondering.
    I usually equip the best available... Ancients of the available type, etc. I look at what stats I want to increase and slot those. Mostly I tend to use Radiant for more Power in any offensive slots and Azure/Dark in any Defensive Slot.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    mostarcina6mostarcina6 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Could you please also post a screenshot of your Powers? (using the Iron Vanguard)

Thx
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Could you please also post a screenshot of your Powers? (using the Iron Vanguard)

Thx
    Page 33, 9th post down from the top. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I chose Swordmaster path, And after trying it on an Alt, Im kinda liking Iron Van. too. Can you change that? And I think this build is terrific, except how can you change between armor sets so easily? do you have insane gold, or are you just have so many enchantments? Thanks!

Edit: Rotations are genius! Come and get it, Not so fast and IBS? This has been my encounter set ever since I got to 60, and I really like it, and for taking packs of mobs it really speeds it up.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    I chose Swordmaster path, And after trying it on an Alt, Im kinda liking Iron Van. too. Can you change that? And I think this build is terrific, except how can you change between armor sets so easily? do you have insane gold, or are you just have so many enchantments? Thanks!
    Change the paragon path from Swordmaster to IV? Yes, you just have to respec your feats/powers.

The build has been doing well, and I enjoy it (which is the most important thing!).

You change between sets by having the multiple sets. My PvE has higher enchants then the PvP sets.

Hope that helps, and you're welcome! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Change the paragon path from Swordmaster to IV? Yes, you just have to respec your feats/powers.

The build has been doing well, and I enjoy it (which is the most important thing!).

You change between sets by having the multiple sets. My PvE has higher enchants then the PvP sets.

Hope that helps, and you're welcome! :cool:

Edited. And also I meant with Iron Vangaurd and Swordmaster can you switch between those? And If not that definitely should be implemented as an option during respec.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Edited. And also I meant with Iron Vangaurd and Swordmaster can you switch between those? And If not that definitely should be implemented as an option during respec.
    You must pick one or the other, that is why we test different specs to see what we like best, and then we rock with it!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    elmotubbieselmotubbies Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Do you still use Come and get it when fighting bosses? any updates to your equips/enchants? hahaha
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Do you still use Come and get it when fighting bosses? any updates to your equips/enchants? hahaha
    Come and Get It is not used on bosses. There you use: Restoring Strike/IBS/Frontline Surge, at least that's what I do!

And no major updates on the equipment/enchants as nothing really new has come out... Maybe after the new Lockboxes come out this coming Thursday... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    where could i find what enchants you use, not the special ones
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2014
    where could i find what enchants you use, not the special ones
    ITT. Page 30.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    brazennl wrote: »
    ITT. Page 30.
    Correct.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    elmotubbieselmotubbies Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Come and Get It is not used on bosses. There you use: Restoring Strike/IBS/Frontline Surge, at least that's what I do!

And no major updates on the equipment/enchants as nothing really new has come out... Maybe after the new Lockboxes come out this coming Thursday... :)

Oh thought you will be using not so fast instead of frontline surge
  • Options
    wrecsworldwrecsworld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What do you think of Honey Badger as a companion? Esp becuz it is on sale.