Install Arc
Options

PvP needs you

Comments

• Options
    zombieseatzombieseat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    I sincerely can say on behalf of myself, and plenty of players I'm playing the game with daily, if there is no PvP content released/imbalances corrected, our stay here in Neverwinter may end sooner than expected.
    Really like the pvp has a lot of potential it neeeeeeeeeeeeds to be expanded to make it more than just a side game in neverwinter.
  • Options
    godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    one small thing that I would like in this game is if they make the inspect button something option to the person being inspected.
    Sometimes feels like neverwinter is a game made for lazy people. They don't think much and go and copy gear, enchants, everything.
    it would be rewarding for people that spend time thinking of different combinations of builds.

This is definitely something I think should be implemented as well to keep PvP more interesting. Aside from just the reason of people wanting to keep builds secret, it also encourages others to be creative by coming up with their own setups and possibly discovering something better. This would be really cool to implement in PvP to add a little more strategy and creativity to it, especially as more and more gears/boons/artifacts are being added.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    godlysoul1 wrote: »
    This is definitely something I think should be implemented as well to keep PvP more interesting. Aside from just the reason of people wanting to keep builds secret, it also encourages others to be creative by coming up with their own setups and possibly discovering something better. This would be really cool to implement in PvP to add a little more strategy and creativity to it, especially as more and more gears/boons/artifacts are being added.

So, you guys just want to have more easy prey to get your hands on, eh? Some people are lazy but they have the chance to see someone who thought about his toon or the chance to see someone who just put some random pieces together.

This change would just be a little caregiver for the egos of some peeps who just want to do pvp -- pve would get hurt also.
  • Options
    kahnonkahnon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the first step is to change the way of neglect, than to charge punishable makes little pvp that already exists in the game. I hope the developers think more in pvp, but people end up leaving. I'm thinking about it already and I have not yet reached 60, when I get to 60 I will not last more than 2 weeks with this painful system
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mod note: cleaned this thread up after the inclusion of rules 3.14 & 3.15:
    Rule 3.14 - No Targeted Topics
    . . . . Topics addressed directly to Staff, including Developers, Managers and Moderators, are subject to removal. Please use the Private Messaging System to contact Forum Staff and the Support System to contact Support Staff.

Rule 3.15 - No Petitions, Ultimatums or Hostile Demands
    . . . . Please keep feedback constructive and within a format for Community Discussion. Disallowed topics include things like, "Please Nerf This Class" and anything without the direction of a constructive Community Discussion.

please continue to utilize this thread for constructive pvp feedback and suggestions. any antagonistic, rude and/or disrespectful posts/rants will be removed without warning.

do not reply to this moderation note. send us a PM if you would like to discuss it. thank you.
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    edberkley wrote: »
    Huttball was terrible if you were an Assassin. Screw that gametype.

Eh! With Force Push, sprint and stealth. What were you doing? Assassins kicked *** in Huttball.
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    aethanas wrote: »
    So, you guys just want to have more easy prey to get your hands on, eh? Some people are lazy but they have the chance to see someone who thought about his toon or the chance to see someone who just put some random pieces together.

This change would just be a little caregiver for the egos of some peeps who just want to do pvp -- pve would get hurt also.
    I think both of you are slighty wrong and also rigth.

Ok first of all I do agree that items gears/boons/artifacts should help in PvP! I do not do PvE only for story lol! I do however like both PvE and PvP in Neverwinter.

However please do not say say they are so lazy. I have 4 characters and PvE boons feel like grind to me not very bad, but I don't like so much the PvE quests in expansions. However I do like the new expansion PvE Dungeons very much!

My 4 character is level 5 Ranger, but I do no have time to play with my Ranger since I need sigh to get boons for my 3 other max level characters. This game is very HARDCORE for a FREE player so please do not say people are lazy. I do however like Neverwinter very much, but I not hope for any new expansion with boons for a looooong time now thanks.

As for PvP should get more yes I hope that and they have said that they will make more for PvP during 2014, but whatever that might be we do not know.
  • Options
    nizzde9nizzde9 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this pvp is totaly iritant

pls fix MM in PvP today 15 loses 0 win 12 battles 100-200 :1000 iam new in game and i lose all nervs in pvp
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    I think both of you are slighty wrong and also rigth.

Ok first of all I do agree that items gears/boons/artifacts should help in PvP! I do not do PvE only for story lol! I do however like both PvE and PvP in Neverwinter.

However please do not say say they are so lazy. I have 4 characters and PvE boons feel like grind to me not very bad, but I don't like so much the PvE quests in expansions. However I do like the new expansion PvE Dungeons very much!

My 4 character is level 5 Ranger, but I do no have time to play with my Ranger since I need sigh to get boons for my 3 other max level characters. This game is very HARDCORE for a FREE player so please do not say people are lazy. I do however like Neverwinter very much, but I not hope for any new expansion with boons for a looooong time now thanks.

As for PvP should get more yes I hope that and they have said that they will make more for PvP during 2014, but whatever that might be we do not know.

Actually, I wrote SOME people are lazy, there simply are peeps around who do not want to think about their toons more than once if once at all.
    They can get trouble and make trouble for others, one has to respect some rules to play a game successfully, every board game works like this and Neverwinter and other virtual games are just a virtual adaption of these classic games.
    Now, I spoke of these players in general, people who refuse to learn, originally called noobs, so do NOT refer my writing to you personally.

Still I say, even these peeps should be able to just look at others to get - just maybe - an idea of how to equip their toons; that is only the equipment side of playing, the other side would refer to playing a toon, but that is another story.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Summary of practical PVP improvements/solutions and further substantiation

* A ranking system

1. Two ques, one for unranked matches, one for ranked matches.

a) Individual character rank is based on TOTAL ranked PVP POINTS .
    b) Team Rank is combination of every individual on the team.
    c) Two separate rank ladders, an individual ladder and a team ladder;
    d) Pre-made teams MUST be "League Registered" to compete on the team ladder.
    e) In order to participate on the individual ladder, a player must register at level 10, after which they may enter the ladder, play ranked matches, participate in a ranked team, and begin to accrue pvp points.
    f) A character/team may participate in a maximum of SIX ranked matches a day; this in order to ensure that "disposable time" is the not the single most important factor in a player/teams success. Ranked pvp will appear on a consistent schedule in the gui next to the minimap in the same way "Dungeon Delves" and so forth pop up.

Fixing the quitters problem

a) Characters who quit/score zero points in any match automatically have 100 points deducted from their overall score, which increases to 400, 1600 and then perma ban for each subsequent quit in a 48 hour period after the first. If your daughter is doing her homework, if your dog is sick, if your mom or wife or dad or whatever is coming home soon, if you have to get up for school/work/church/to move your mother in law early, just don't play a ranked match. Que for an unranked pug.

b) An option in both ranked and unranked matches to "Concede" the match. This would be a vote, and as soon as any member on a team ques that vote, everyone on that team has to vote yes or no. If you concede the match it is considered a loss for you/your team, though all players on both teams get to keep whatever points they accumulated to that point. It is a majority vote by one team.

More pvp maps

a) Open pvp up to the foundry.
    b) non-ranked matches would happen on the map of the teams choice. A vote.
    c) ranked maps would happen on a map of NWO's choice, much like how certain Foundry quests are certified "eligible" for the foundry daily.

There is much much more that can be done for pvp in NWO but I think the above would be an awesome start.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Perma ban for pvp quitters? ehm NO.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    tribalsagetribalsage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The game is lacking a lot in the PVP field. 2 maps for 5 vs 5 and 1 20 vs 20 map are not enough. I really want other maps with different types of pvp gameplay are needed. Capture the flag would be a great addition to the game, as well as Duel areas where you can have 1-5 vs 1-5 battles. The addition of a huge map for Guild vs Guild would be awesome too! Perfect World International has a wonderful territory pvp, implementing something like that would be a great addition. Adding in something like Rugby would be great as well. Basically one play grabs the ball and players try to take it away..winner is the person who held the ball the longest in the match.

I really want more in pvp..more maps, more types, choosing the amount of people etc. etc. I know when I've talked to players in the game they agree more things are needed for pvp. I get not everyone is going to like the ideas I've mentioned and that's fine but if you are gonna post add something constructive to get more content to pvp :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    overddrive wrote: »
    Summary of practical PVP improvements/solutions and further substantiation

* A ranking system

This is hardly convenient for a PvE-focused game (if it is still true), as the PvP would need a big portion of devotion for players to be successful in such an elaborated ranking system. :eek:
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    overddrive wrote: »
    If your daughter is doing her homework, if your dog is sick, if your mom or wife or dad or whatever is coming home soon, if you have to get up for school/work/church/to move your mother in law early, just don't play a ranked match. Que for an unranked pug.

Amazing, you had me at first then I read this part. What you put here is basically just another way of saying, let the quitters be the PUGs problem. Starting to come off a little elitist don't you think? I mean how about if I say, if you don't like the way PvP is in this game you just go play another game. Doesn't really help anyone does it.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    Eh! With Force Push, sprint and stealth. What were you doing? Assassins kicked *** in Huttball.

I tended to sit around looking for people to kill and if I got the ball then I might run to the goal or pass it. Still, I preferred to kill people...

• Options
    concubinesconcubines Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    << image removed >>
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    aethanas wrote: »
    This is hardly convenient for a PvE-focused game (if it is still true), as the PvP would need a big portion of devotion for players to be successful in such an elaborated ranking system. :eek:

I never got the pve/pvp "focus" paradigm. Most players seem to like both, some seem to really prefer one or the other. Can you elaborate on why the pvp system I am suggesting would need a big portion of devotion for players to be successful in it? It would be almost like a daily, but slightly higher frequency.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    snotty wrote: »
    Amazing, you had me at first then I read this part. What you put here is basically just another way of saying, let the quitters be the PUGs problem. Starting to come off a little elitist don't you think? I mean how about if I say, if you don't like the way PvP is in this game you just go play another game. Doesn't really help anyone does it.

You are right, I hope my sometimes coarse tone doesn't subtract from whatever inherent value my points have. I really think quitters are the single biggest problem in pvp right now, and a viable alternative would be to have a system where you CAN quit without real penalty, and one where you cannot regularly quit if you wish to stay in that system.

Might sound ridiculous, but ya, I think a big focus on pvp (and end game content period) really facilitates elitism in a game. Which I don't think is an entirely bad thing for a game. I think the secret of the success of the worlds largest mmo is that it facilitates elitism.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Perma ban for pvp quitters? ehm NO.

Combined with the "concede" option, why not? Please state your reasons.

Quitters ruin pvp in its current state. People quit before the gate even opens if their team is not absolutely optimal. That has to stop. We can say it is a "player created problem", but there is no player solution. You can put someone on ignore and still end up in a pvp q with them. You can form a premade and people on the other teams will quit which also ruins the game because then it is often just a roflstomp with one or two remaining players just sitting their enduring the humiliation of getting spanked so they can get their pvp daily ad.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    THE BEST WAY TO CREATE PVP "RANKING":

Upon hitting level 60 the "exp bar" turns from BLUE - to Green and you are now "PVP Level 1"

You have two que options available: ranked PVP and non-ranked PVP. Non-ranked PVP is the current system we have now.

When you Que for Ranked PVP, it will look for other players in your current bracket of 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 ETC like the current "leveling brackets" are. So a Person with a PVP level of 25, is eligible for a game against anyone pvp levels 21-30.

When you WIN a match, you gain exp. When you LOSE a match, you LOSE exp. The qualifier here is that if a person is PVP level 21 (for instance) and LOSES a game or two, they cannot DE-level to a lower bracket. So once you break through to a bracket, you cannot drop from that bracket, only lose levels INSIDE that bracket.

-to make that clear, the MOST you could ever de-level is to the bottom of your bracket. This helps avoid "griefers" who purposefully de-level to play worse people.

The ONLY thing that counts in a match is win/lose. If you have a score of 99,999 and your K/D is 9999-0 but your team loses, you will LOSE exp and potentially de-level as well. That is the ONLY way to keep it focused as a team based game (if your so pro, then over time you should easily be able to break through to the next bracket) and it also creates hesitation for people to try and "axploit" their way to a higher level since they would essentially only be able to que against other high XP players and the amount of players at that high level would arguably be less willing to help boost.

Also to avoid "boosting" the result of the match should be a NET ZERO meaning whatever 1 team loses the other team gains.

TO ADDRESS LEAVERS/AFK-ers:

If a person leaves a match, they lose DOUBLE the xp lost (irregardless of team winning or not) AND should be locked out of "pvp que" until the match is over. They are saved to the pvp instance until the game is over.

This provides alot of incentive to stay for the game. Now some might say, "well now you fixed leaving but didnt fix AFK.

Ok, well two simple solutions here.
    1) remove the "safe spawn" Idea.... Provide a ramp, or just flat access to the spawns. Dont wanna play? OK youll just get spawn killed over and over..
    2) (My favorite) Make it so anyone who sits in spawn for longer than X seconds gets auto booted from the game (the same as leaving) and thus loses double XP and is locked to the instance until its over.

then players will only stay in spawn for SHORT periods of time and are essentially forced to play the games. This combined with a pvp level system helps ensure that players are only being matched against even players so after initialy launch and things settle, you wont see as many PUG stomps.

PRE-MADEs
    Add a feature in the game que.

If you Que with 4 people or more, it will ONLY match you against other people who que WITH 4 or more. This will make premade versus premade easier to set up either in non ranked OR ranked que. This will probably lead people to start quing ONLY with 3 people to avoid full premades but hey, its a fair playing ground when you consider pvp levels... This removes PUG stomps even in ranked games.

This also helps PUG stomps in non-ranked que as well.

If a team of people Que for a RANKED pvp match, it will find a match based upon the HIGHEST pvp level of the group.

EXAMPLE:

A PVP lvl 29/34/45 que together. For the sake of the que, it will match them up against players in the level 41-50 bracket.

FOUNDRY PVP

The simplest way to get this LIVE asap is just to create a Foundry pvp system that is NON ranked where players can que for specific maps and once a full team can be made for that map, it puts them in a party.

If I recall correctly, there is a max of 3 Ques at once meaning a person wanting to Foundry Que can search for 3 different PVP maps and que individually for those until they make 2 full teams and pop.

For the sake of Foundry PVP, I think modes LIKE CTF should be enabled, also the ability to do any number of nodes UP to a limit (say 5) and Any number of player base (up to a limit of say 10 on each team) should be elligible to create.

This gives players TONS of flexibility to create fun matches and with the PVP ranking system this opens up ALOT of doors for the current system. Players can then create larger game types of 10vs10 and also set up things like 1v1s in Foundry as well.

If you really examine ALL the resources needed for all this what do you need:
    - A PVP "XP" system (cant imagine thats hard to implement)
    - RE work the Que system for ranked/non-ranked matches. (Really cant imagine this being hard)
    - Convert A version of the Character level pvp que system to the PVP level PVP system (Again, this cant be hard seeing as we have this for player XP levels)
    - Make a few adjustment issues with leaving ETC (again, nothing major here)
    - Foundry PVP - This will be a bigger bulk of assets although STILL, add a few things and tweak the current Foundry Quest system to a Que system and BAM done.

Cant see anything that would require a TON of testing or a TON of assets to work on....

This could easily make it to Module 3.
  • Options
    krolk8888krolk8888 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    brackets you cant drop from are a bad idea...this would eventually lead to some players with maxed gear and enchants being on the bottom of a bracket,because they would puposely lose,so they can farm fresh players entering the bracket,and those players would have no way up,leading to them either stopping pvp or getting maxed gear and enchants themselves,leading to the same situation for newer players than them.

What would be really nice to see is a simple arena and duel mode...like really,they make a mode that only a couple of players enjoy(capping the node is...well not really pvp),and they cant make a simple open map with players kills as objective 1v1,2v2,3v3 and 5v5(Game would end when either team gets lets say 10/30/50/100 kills.)I really dont enjoy running around fighting over some meaningless nodes...i want to fight against other players,not to run from node to node to get points to get glory that is meaningless once you get artifact anyways.Unfortunately this is the only thing pvp in this game has to offer,so this is quite discouraging.About gauntlgrym...if they make a large scale pvp map they could at least make it some new mode,not domination again with the only difference being a giant that is weak and cant hit anyone at all.If they removed the nodes and made it into a siege with disproportions beetween teams possible,where the side that has fewer players defends and gets various boosts to all stats to compensate.If they added gates and towers...c'mon that would be great cause the giant and catapults would finally have some purpose...Ok,another idea of mine,maybe they could add companion combat,where you would choose team of 4-5 companions,and they'd get matched with 5 companions of another players with approx.the same average level...A player would be then teleported to a small arena,where he would see his companions fighting and he'd get some one use skills affecting the combat dependant on companions he choose.Active bonuses of companions would be disabled ofc,because a boar boosting everyone's crit severity would be quite OP...To make it more interesting each companion would have an element he's associated with,which would provide a boost/weakness in defence/attack against some other element's companions.A reward for those companion fights could be glory and companion exp,and maybe occasionally if you win it could drop a companion upgrade cost reducing token(BOA,so you can use it on other chars)...

EDIT:

About afk/leaver penalty...currently in 30% or so of all matches i land in map but outside of team resulting in me forcefully teleporting back to enclave..they should first fix all queue bugs(this applies to pve aswell as not everything is fixed such as campfire in tos that is swarmed with mobs + drider,but players that die after first boss/join after first boss spawn/respawn on it resulting in massive injuries...)
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    krolk8888 wrote: »
    brackets you cant drop from are a bad idea...this would eventually lead to some players with maxed gear and enchants being on the bottom of a bracket,because they would puposely lose,so they can farm fresh players entering the bracket,and those players would have no way up,leading to them either stopping pvp or getting maxed gear and enchants themselves,leading to the same situation for newer players than them.

Why would max gearedp layers be at the bottom of a bracket, and being at the bottom of a bracket doesnt matter since everyone in that bracket Ques against eachother.

Its the same as the level system works now. If your lvl 41 you que for pvp you are put up against ANYONE in the 41-49 bracket.

The only difference is this is now a "PVP level" and instead of only positive (whats the point of that) it seems a ranking system properly done allows for people to DE-rank.

If your pvp level 41, no matter how much you lose, youll stay in the 41-49 bracket, as soon as that partson hits PVP lvl 50, they are now locked into that bracket...

So even if you purposefully lose, you cant leave your current bracket. Plus the players who care about pvp wont be sitting in the crappy lower brackets, they want to be the top players in the top bracket...

If you wanna PUG stomp, join non-ranked que since that can be any and everyone...

So I dont really see your problem... Unless your talking about complete trolls who WANT to stay at the lowest bracket just to stomp everyone, that gets old fast and ANY rank system you put in the game is going to have those same issues...

The fact you cant leave a bracket alleviates the purposefully lose situation. Since it wont change who you get qued against.
  • Options
    xxbabehoneyxxxxbabehoneyxx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I understand the neverwinter team is very dedicated and put lots of endless time and concentration on the minorest of details to achieve up-most perfection and ensure US players are happy with the content, But seeing you saying you will aim to be adding content such as weekly events has put a downer on me, i really hope from the bottom of my heart that you guys can put a little bit more focus onto PVP map's or modes, thus being an major part of the game i think most people will agree with PVP gets quite repetitive, i understand if the development team and Devs are busy with more upcoming updates, but please, please focus on PvP just for a period of time, you can put a poll up to ask if we want new maps or modes, anything, the game is fun, endgame/farming dungeons is fun too, but for most players, i would say with the highest confidence they want to get into PvP and start owning people with there perfect vorpals and stuff, but after a few matches it gets repetitive and unenjoyable, If there were more Maps in PvP i would say people would be dieing to try them out and find out strategies to take the best advantage they can of their surroundings.
  • Options
    xxbabehoneyxxxxbabehoneyxx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I completely agree with the community Mods, i guess is up to the players if they want change or bring updates, but the Problem is there have be TONS of people in the past making threads about bringing new PvP maps or Modes to the game, and lets be true to our selfs here nothings being done, Without a doubt in my mind i know dev's are busy working 24/7 to make the game far more enjoyable and may not have time for it, but at the very least consider it, post a thread to tell is why adding new maps or modes is not possible, it would be fantastic, atleast then people won't feel the need to post threads and endless comments about new maps and modes, A poll is a great idea to let us know the DEVS have understood our feelings and want to put our ideas across, i have no hate or negative feelings towards any staff members in cryptic or the community, i am simply being selfish and wanting to put my own idea across and hoping other Could feel the same way, (sorry if this seemed as a flame message i had no ill intentions)
  • Options
    crownedtiger3crownedtiger3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    Let's be real a moment and put away our egos. Most successful MMO's are driven by PvP. PvP IS end game. You don't farm end game dungeons with your end game gear to get the same end game gear you already have. So I have to ask, why has PvP been put on the back burner and completely overlooked every patch, every module, etc?

We (the players) have tried so hard, for so long to make this work by setting up pre-mades, 1v1's, etc. Now module 2 comes and somewhat ruined PvP. 5 GWF vs 5 GWF will be the new pre mades. Get a GWF to 10% VS anything and they heal to full. (Now I promise this is not a thread against GWF but PvP in general, the lack of content, and the imbalance among all classes) PvP is content! The real end game content!

The combat system and mechanics in this game is amazing and personally my favorite of any MMO I've played yet. Truly a fantastic system going here and has so much potential. I can't understand why the devs wont help it reach what it can possibly be.
    That's how I feel. Why won't they focus on PvP? The gameplay is my fav out of any mmo I've played
  • Options
    rortierortie Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Not signed.

The OP is trying to speak for others to make their wheel squeakier. The OP and similar does not speak for me and PvP is not endgame for me. I would not be upset if the PvP focus was reduced, not increased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Young people....." - Erik Lehnsherr
  • Options
    selenethialselenethial Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Cant see anything that would require a TON of testing or a TON of assets to work on....

This could easily make it to Module 3.

I hope that they will make some efforts to add something like this features before Module 3. The game needs something more for endgamers than just VT or CN.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rortie wrote: »
    Not signed.

The OP is trying to speak for others to make their wheel squeakier. The OP and similar does not speak for me and PvP is not endgame for me. I would not be upset if the PvP focus was reduced, not increased.

Some people like PvP some don't. For the many guys that like PvP, it's time somebody throws them a meaty bone. It doesn't mean PvE is to be neglected. Both sides need to be developed in parallel.
  • Options
    hiddenfatehiddenfate Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like it if people were sorted by their gear score. If I'm GS 3k and in the level 40 range I don't want to be paired with some pay to win with 5-7k GS (nor do I want to play against them. In the former I have nothing to do and in the latter I can do barely anything except go for the petty victory of rooting their !<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in place while my team tries to not get killed by their GS 5-7k team). I want to play for fun with other people playing for fun.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Some people like PvP some don't. For the many guys that like PvP, it's time somebody throws them a meaty bone. It doesn't mean PvE is to be neglected. Both sides need to be developed in parallel.
    There are very few times in any game where this happens in my experience. Developing one usually means ignoring the other, and many of us don't want to be ignored with pve. Pvp is at best a diversion and a time killer to me, having it take front stage is a game killer.