test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP needs you

mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvE Discussion
Let's be real a moment and put away our egos. Most successful MMO's are driven by PvP. PvP IS end game. You don't farm end game dungeons with your end game gear to get the same end game gear you already have. So I have to ask, why has PvP been put on the back burner and completely overlooked every patch, every module, etc?

We (the players) have tried so hard, for so long to make this work by setting up pre-mades, 1v1's, etc. Now module 2 comes and somewhat ruined PvP. 5 GWF vs 5 GWF will be the new pre mades. Get a GWF to 10% VS anything and they heal to full. (Now I promise this is not a thread against GWF but PvP in general, the lack of content, and the imbalance among all classes) PvP is content! The real end game content!

The combat system and mechanics in this game is amazing and personally my favorite of any MMO I've played yet. Truly a fantastic system going here and has so much potential. I can't understand why the devs wont help it reach what it can possibly be.
1z4y45e.jpg
Post edited by mikeym80 on

Comments

• Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    he just about covered everything i second this notion.
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    Now module 2 comes and somewhat ruined PvP. 5 GWF vs 5 GWF will be the new pre mades. Get a GWF to 10% VS anything and they heal to full. (Now I promise this is not a thread against GWF but PvP in general, the lack of content, and the imbalance among all classes) PvP is content! The real end game content!

This was the same statement people made before Sharandar, let alone Module 2, so not sure what's changed with this release? Maybe I am missing it, did they get even more OP?
  • Options
    bonusitembonusitem Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I completely agree with the op. PvP has been ignored. How hard is it to make 1 addition small map?
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll say the same as I have said before , open up the foundry so that foundry authors can create PvP maps , add a 1 v 1 dueling system that works in regular maps like Protectors enclave , add some more game types e.g capture the flag , last man standing , deathmatch and then add to that a dedicated member of the development team to come up with leaderboard's for single players as well as guild based PvP and some type of weekly or monthly reward system and we would see a huge increase in the player base not only in PvP but by default in PvE too IMHO.
  • Options
    mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's basically up to us (the pvp community) to bring this to the devs attention. We've been waiting for so long! Make this a useful thread, fill it with ideas, and constructive criticism. Hopefully something good will come from it.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    PvP IS end game. You don't farm end game dungeons with your end game gear to get the same end game gear you already have.

But there's like a million other things to do as well. You can do foundries. You can write foundries. You can participate in the daily events that you think are fun, such as perhaps Gauntylgrym. You can do the new PVE zones. You can do dungeons with friends just for fun, not because you need the gear. You can do crafting. If you're a completionist you can try to get all of the different set pieces. You can level different characters with different races and discover different hidden quests. And sure you can do PVP if you want, but it's not the only thing to do.

Please explain to me this gear obsession.

Oh and for heaven's sake, no dueling in PE! That would just lead to griefing of lowbies.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    But there's like a million other things to do as well. You can do foundries. You can write foundries. You can participate in the daily events that you think are fun, such as perhaps Gauntylgrym. You can do the new PVE zones. You can do dungeons with friends just for fun, not because you need the gear. You can do crafting. If you're a completionist you can try to get all of the different set pieces. You can level different characters with different races and discover different hidden quests. And sure you can do PVP if you want, but it's not the only thing to do.

Oh and for heaven's sake, no dueling in PE! That would just lead to griefing of lowbies.

There's no reason to do any of this if you buy all your gear and don't like dungeons (many don't, since they are kinda dumb).
    It's basically up to us (the pvp community) to bring this to the devs attention. We've been waiting for so long! Make this a useful thread, fill it with ideas, and constructive criticism. Hopefully something good will come from it.

I support your post as well, but there have been at least 7-8 others I know of that said the same, some people got excited, they posted, there was no dev feedback and they died down.
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    regarding gwf, I disagree that pvp going to be 5 gwf x 5gwf. there are plenty of rogues there that do great, rangers are doing great too, and gf is still controlling the node better than any gwf anyday.
    want to nerf gwf? fine, just make sure buff him in others areas that he is not dropped off node so easily, and that he cant kill anything like before patch.
    because if i recall, right before patch, gwf was becoming close to useless in premades x premades due his potentials being easily canceled for being an easy target and not skill to drop ppl off point.

And top tier rangers wil be awesome to control gwfs as well due their root skills and high dps, as some gfs/dcs and good rogues can stall gwfs for long time, you just need stop to compare pugs with top tier gwfs, they really can crush many ppl at once due their better survivality.
    it doesn't mean they behave the same way against top tier people from different classes.

regarding the content, yes. i want more pvp modes.

i want 1 x 1s, deathmatches, some massive guild x guild for good reward event, ranked pvp.

new maps. it would be awesome.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    shinmuramasashinmuramasa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I totally agree, this game needs a large scale PvP map, arenas and etc.

/signed
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2013
    Please, anything. I don't even want a PvP focused game. Just some basic PvP features and updates would be nice. Matchmaking system and new maps.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Please, anything. I don't even want a PvP focused game. Just some basic PvP features and updates would be nice. Matchmaking system and new maps.

+1. Just a few crumbs would be delicious at this point. Even a single new map would make people absurdly happy.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    PvP in high level competitive scale is balanced and interesting. The problem starts when you mix the casual worlds and the top contenters, where there is clearly no common ground and the illusion of roflstomping lingers.

A game with such an amazing and fluid Combat system should take full advantage of it, and I think that PvP is the best way to do this. I am in full agreement that more attention should be given in the PvP of Neverwinter. If people are playing PvP so much, that the queues are instant every time of every day, with ONLY 2 identical maps...imagine what the outcome will be if more maps and game modes are introduced.

You just need to work on a ranking system and some new maps!
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited December 2013
    Have to agree. When you hit end game your main goal is generally to farm the best gear you can, improve your character, and then test out your builds in pvp. Honestly capture point type pvp is one of the worst types to start your game off with, especially with small maps. Most players simply don't understand the concept, and rage if you try to explain it to them. It requires more knowledge about what your class can do, and a higher skill set. What we need are Arenas. 3v3/5v5 with the option to 1v1 for practice, or duals. This should have been released first. A arena lets players focus on killing while learning their classes, and working with others, without all the am I on the point, is someone covering our point, is someone capping the enemies point. Also so many classes need tweaks its not even funny. Biggest issue though is Knock back/prone animation issues. Examples are impact shot causing basically a daze effect due to animations locking you out, prone making 1 second knockdown last upwards to 3-4 seconds.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree with everything but
    imsmithy wrote: »
    add a 1 v 1 dueling system that works in regular maps like Protectors enclave
    please no duelling in PE. It was already very very annoying in wow. If so, then create a special place for duels.
    ranncore wrote: »
    Matchmaking system and new maps.
    most urgent.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree, PVP in Neverwinter is not what is should be and needs some love by the dev team. I honestly think that with more maps, options and a rank system you could have one of the best PVP games in the mmo world.

I couldn't say about the balance as it's been too long since I have bothered. What should be an addictive pvp experience is currently mute and had it not been for the foundry I would moved away from NW long ago.

Note: If you do decide to make some more PVP maps please make them 10v10+
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »

You're right! I want to do dailies to get my boons. (For little enhancements to pvp!) GG is lame and not by any means competitive pvp. All the different set pieces is useless. (Only one set, if any, is viable for pvp!) My guild by no means does dungeons for fun. Including hidden quest that gives us nothing to pvp! (the bags are cool though) Mostly everyone in my guild has 5+ toons, including myself after double exp weekend. Mainly to GVG in house against each other.

Gear obsession? Its a pvp obsession!
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • Options
    arcrivalarcrival Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree work on the PvP. I have pretty much left the game until the recent class release. I left because of the lack of PvP. It is ubalanced people it is obvious that if you bought stuff you have an advantage. I like having pve gear in pvp because you can change up your builds however for balance purposes it is necessary IMO to have PvP gear and PvE gear or atleast limit things like multiple procs etc. PvP should be more skill based not gear based. Thats not the real issue either though like earlier post stated we need some variety. 10v10 more maps different objectives. Some open world PvP areas or zones would be cool to. Some mentioned rankings, I do not give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> what someones rank is, but I like the idea of the match making vs' say gear score. For example if you are a end game 60 with 6 tenes slotted full on gear perfect vorpals etc your toon doesn't flinch when an epic mob hits it then you should be matched and PvP against similar geared people. 16k GS vs' 9k GS **** does not seem fun to anyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The ranking system should include teams and point gathering per win. It should have nothing to do with Gear score. Ranking should come from pure performance.

The key will also be refining the existing maps to host 10v10 matches (probably just scale the distances and time needed for node capture), so that an imbalance in teams is not SO evident from the very start. This will encourage people not to quit matches in the very instance they wipe in node 2, and it will promote team play. In 5v5, the balance is fragile. If one individual is lacking skills/gears or even experience in what he needs to do then the difference is huge.

Anyway, I hope that they will see to it.
  • Options
    godlysoul1godlysoul1 Member Posts: 293 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I agree that PvP definitely needs more attention. There is a very large player base that is PvP only and only farms PvE for better gears. I also think that people who PvP tend to spend more money on the game because they are more driven to be competitive, but also because things like mounts are not even used in dungeons, but faster mounts are crucial to capping points in PvP.

(On a side note I shall go back to working on my invincible stealth/immunity based TR with hp/regen while all the attention seems to be focused on nerfing GWF now.)
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since I want PvP (not "horse race" or "node capping", PvP), I'd like to see:
    • Capture the flag PvP mode.
    • The mode, where you gotta control a single node, the team that captures it will start to gain points (no matter enemies standing on it).
    • Mode, where the team, that first scores a given number of kills wins.
    • PvP/PvE cross mode, where you gotta kill the boss while fighting your enemies.
    • Extended Gauntlgrym PvP, where the fraction, that wins PvP becomes an attacker, and a fraction that loses becomes defender of some kind of keep. If attackers win, they will receive GG coins and some other stuff, and vice versa.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    ikeepit3hunnaikeepit3hunna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Since I want PvP (not "horse race" or "node capping", PvP), I'd like to see:
    • Capture the flag PvP mode.
    • The mode, where you gotta control a single node, the team that captures it will start to gain points (no matter enemies standing on it).
    • Mode, where the team, that first scores a given number of kills wins.
    • PvP/PvE cross mode, where you gotta kill the boss while fighting your enemies.
    • Extended Gauntlgrym PvP, where the fraction, that wins PvP becomes an attacker, and a fraction that loses becomes defender of some kind of keep. If attackers win, they will receive GG coins and some other stuff, and vice versa.

this+ class balance=game worth playing
    U R 2 E Z- SENT IV GWF undefeated 16k GS
    FaceRoller- regen recovery TR (put on the shelf for now) 14k GS
    Supreme CHAOS - IV GF (put on the shelf for now) 16k GS
    White Khalifa- tene/hp/regen CW (retired) 11k GS (tene)
    Death From Above- TANK ranger 16kGS
    (all halfling everything)

Proud rank 6 of: <Enemy Team>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lifelinepctechlifelinepctech Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think the combat engine is what makes NW worth playing I know team death match of some sort would make this game the only game worth playing in my mind!!! the pvp is great but going into a match to have 4/5 people on the other team leave within 60 seconds is getting very old
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    PvP/PvE cross mode, where you gotta kill the boss while fighting your enemies.

This sounds fun. Could be something were each side as a boss like NPC fighting with them that they need to protect. Kill the other team to save your guy, kill the other guy to win.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    This sounds fun. Could be something were each side as a boss like NPC fighting with them that they need to protect. Kill the other team to save your guy, kill the other guy to win.

Hello Alterac Valley.
  • Options
    yuvielyuviel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was a serious PVP'er in other games i played, where the pvp actually made sense.

Neverwinter pvp is PLAIN BORING.
    The one thing it has is what all NWO has - combat/gameplay mechanics.

Seriously, 2 small maps? One type of objective with stalemating as a major element of win tactics?

Ok, but lets say i go and pvp, what then? I gather glory. What can i do with glory?

-I can buy myself a good artifact for 24k glory.

Sounds great, what else? Basically nothing. You can get some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> items to salvage - but salvage has 24k AD daily limit, and if you do any basic stuff outside of pvp getting that 24k AD is just too easy.

To be interesting and worth playing PVP has to have some serious progression attached to it. Games with good pvp systems have something that makes your pvp-time worth it, and gives you a chance to upgrade yourself IN PVP. Same should go for PVE. Pve items should not be BiS for PVP, and the other way around.

Most of all though - PVP should be entertaining. Plethora of various PVP maps, different objectives (capture the flag, infiltrate fortress, steal artifact, domination-type, 2vs2, 5vs5, 8vs8 or bigger scale - lets say a weekly 16vs16 faction fights. There are just sooooo many possibilities, and so many sources to look up for ideas.

Yet we are stuck with a team of unkillable GWF's stalemating around some pillars. Not my definition of fun.
  • Options
    rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I think the combat engine is what makes NW worth playing I know team death match of some sort would make this game the only game worth playing in my mind!!! the pvp is great but going into a match to have 4/5 people on the other team leave within 60 seconds is getting very old

I agree. If you leave a match early in league of legends, there is a 5-6 min penalty before you can Que again. There are so many simple solutions to abating the annoyance of us PvP'ers but nothing is being done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mod note: constructive criticism does not include accusing the makers of the game of ignoring their player base or making ridiculous statements like they don't play. these are not opinions, this is negative speculation and it adds nothing constructive to the conversation. it just leads to flame and hate which will invariably get this thread locked. please be mindful of the forum rules of conduct especially section I on the topic of respect. thank you.

do not reply to this post. instead, PM us if you would like to discuss it.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello Alterac Valley.
    Oh...well you know...I haven't played WoW in at least a couple of years, so I didn't even think about that. Not that it changes things IMO.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Moderator Notice:
    . . . . . Folks, please remain constructive. Insulting the Developers is not constructive and is against the Rules of Conduct. Remember, show respect at all times for if what you are about to say is at all rude or insulting, then do not post it. It is that simple. There is no place in constructive discussion or criticism for insults and derogative remarks. If you cannot convey your feedback and opinions without doing such, then just do not post on our forums. Do not reply to this Moderator Notice. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss Moderation. Offending posts have been removed or moved to The Can. Thanks!
  • Options
    steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    regarding gwf, I disagree that pvp going to be 5 gwf x 5gwf. there are plenty of rogues there that do great, rangers are doing great too, and gf is still controlling the node better than any gwf anyday.
    want to nerf gwf? fine, just make sure buff him in others areas that he is not dropped off node so easily, and that he cant kill anything like before patch.
    because if i recall, right before patch, gwf was becoming close to useless in premades x premades due his potentials being easily canceled for being an easy target and not skill to drop ppl off point.

And top tier rangers wil be awesome to control gwfs as well due their root skills and high dps, as some gfs/dcs and good rogues can stall gwfs for long time, you just need stop to compare pugs with top tier gwfs, they really can crush many ppl at once due their better survivality.
    it doesn't mean they behave the same way against top tier people from different classes.

regarding the content, yes. i want more pvp modes.

i want 1 x 1s, deathmatches, some massive guild x guild for good reward event, ranked pvp.

new maps. it would be awesome.

Agreed with everything ^^. Classes are balanced, and if equally geared/skilled people are put up against a GWF, they stand a great chance. Prior to Mod 2, GWF's could not kill anything, and still get kicked off of point, with no way to counter that. So 100% agreed if a nerf comes into place, there should be a buff's in other places. and Hunter Ranger "Snare/Root" seems to also be broken, as unstoppable does not get out of it, and also "Impossible to Catch" does not remove snare either. Also there are Daily's/Class feautures which are broken on the Ranger, which give it Constant use of a Melee encounter, with no cooldown.

New PVP map 100%

Also LOVE the idea of Foundry player made pvp maps which could be feautured.