Install Arc
Options

PvP needs you

Comments

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    Implement some kind of GS match making system. Then noobs with 8k GS won't get matched against players with 15k GS.

GF gets 3k GS just from Conqueror last feat. So GS MM doesn't work.

Plus players can play in blues/greens with Rank 10's/Perfects and still have low GS.

I think just adding a ladder system MMR/ELO/TrueSkill & Solo Queue / Team Queue is all that's really needed.
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    you can tank pugs bro, bad pugs. try to tank 2 "enemy teams" CWs level and tell me how far you will make it.

if we should nerf gwf just so "beginners" be comfortable not to be smashed by gwfs on pvp, then it would be better to fix the q and bring domination Q instead. because the "pugs" gwf levels are pretty ****ty and cant do anything much good for what i see. sometimes i face some pugs really bad, and even they have 1 or 2 gwfs in their team they cant do ****. its like i told you, you only played against pugs and bad players, gwf still can't tank 2 strong dps people. if you fight a strong ranger+ a s trong cw you will see that, and they are hitting more than before.

not to forget, any super geared class can destroye bad pugs, it is not even only merit of gwf alone, the video of blacksheep destroying a well known premade alone proves that point.

solution?
    bring Domination Premades matchmaking, or start to divide pvp in laywers of GS.

fresh60 fight up to maybe 9k GS, 9k fight up to 10.5, and so on. that would make the pvp more fun, and without the risk of nerfing classes/features for the wrong reasons and give balance to other players.

if doing that then we see "no balance" then yes, i would change my opinion. but now i think nerfing high geared people just to favor low geared people/low skilled people is really bull****. 1 strong cw+other class can pretty much melt you as gwf, don't doubt of that. bad pugs won't do it, they do not even know how to play in synchrony a lot of times. they probably quit on their first death, but it is nothing different from before when gwf had ****ty dps.

pugs do pvp for dailies, they dont know play pvp, they dont have the gear for pvp, and some pvpers are also bad. they will do bad against any skilled player with strong gear. have it in mind.

dkcandy wrote: »
    GF gets 3k GS just from Conqueror last feat. So GS MM doesn't work.

Plus players can play in blues/greens with Rank 10's/Perfects and still have low GS.

I think just adding a ladder system MMR/ELO/TrueSkill & Solo Queue / Team Queue is all that's really needed.
    That is simple to solve sir. Just subtract skills/feats/buffs Gearscore from char, and only take in account enchantments gearscores, plus give a formula to some enchantments that do not increase GS. problem solved.

Needed:

1) Ranking System
    2) GG would be awesome - Guild vs Guild (see what I did there) - without the normal rewards.
    3) No Deathmatch until people learn to play together though... CTF would be nice... or Objectives.
    4) Different gear modes
    a) PVP with no enchants ( or a choice of 3 from a list of perfects)
    b) PVP ranked by GS (no pre-mades allowed)
    c) PVP normal PUG (no pre-mades allowed)
    d) PVP normal ranked (pre-mades required)
    e) PVP challenge mode (pre-made hosted matches)

I also want a horde mode for good loot (Ranked) - Think skirmish on crack...
    awesome. i would love to see some massive guild x guild event or guilds x guilds, for controlling a castle or something, and the winners get nice rewards:p

PvP in high level competitive scale is balanced and interesting. The problem starts when you mix the casual worlds and the top contenters, where there is clearly no common ground and the illusion of roflstomping lingers.

A game with such an amazing and fluid Combat system should take full advantage of it, and I think that PvP is the best way to do this. I am in full agreement that more attention should be given in the PvP of Neverwinter. If people are playing PvP so much, that the queues are instant every time of every day, with ONLY 2 identical maps...imagine what the outcome will be if more maps and game modes are introduced.

You just need to work on a ranking system and some new maps!
    I agree.
    when i fight people with equal or close to equal gear and they know how to play, i can see tht for sure.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ranked solo/duo arena sounds interesting. Also ranked guild VS guild would be extremely satisfying for many.

Pour your pvp hearts out to the devs!
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • Options
    andferne3andferne3 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Honestly I would be happy with just some new maps to PvP in.
  • Options
    bladenite81bladenite81 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thats a false statement. Truth is most games that base their end game on PvP, die quickly. Darkfall, Shadowbane, Warhammer just to name a few. This game is built for casuals, that is pretty easy to see. PvP is needed, it doesnt need to be the backbone of the game. Game needs more wide open spaces, better companion system, less gear more skill based progression, and a plethora of other things..PvP is included, however not by any means the most important. Sad thing is..this game has something that could extend life for players all over the place, the foundry. Give those guys some more tools and it could be awesome..so the only thing I agree with is making foundries be able to be PvP content.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This game could use a PvP mode, in which mounts are not allowed. A potion - less PvP mode would be great, too. Preferably something 1on1 related, without freaking "quest objectives" (quests should be for PvE).

• Options
    irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Over the last couple of days I have participated in over 50+ PvP matches and here is what I have seen.

1: One side owns the other side with only less than 10% of all matches being close or competitive.
    2: One side (losing side usually) has 1-2 people left by the end.
    3: Class composition is so broken it is not funny. Not really fair when 1 side gets 2 healers and the other side gets none.
    4: Total lack of pvp maps. I need diversity to keep me interested and not a single new pvp map has been introduced since launch.

Here are some suggestions (and excuse me but these are simply my opinions and nothing more)

1: The que system needs to take into consideration class composition and make each team as close to matches as possible. If 2 Clerics are in que both teams should get one not one team gets both.

2: Some kind of gear score needs to be taken into effect as well. While this one will be harder to implement then the above I still think something can be done to help balance out groups when it comes to gear score. Not really fair when 3 of their 5 members are all maxed out gear while the other team gets left with brand new 60's.

3: Punish people who leave.... 1st time no penalty but flags them for 2 hours (after 2 hours flag goes away)
    2nd time 10 minute penalty can't que (again 2 hour flag here)
    3rd time 30 minute penalty can't que
    4th time 60 minute penalty can't que
    5th time full 24 hour penalty can't que

This should be per account and not just per character in my opinion the one time no penalty helps those that get disconnected. This will force people to play and even if they decide to just stand around at least they are being forced to stay which goes against what they want to do.

I believe in the end the above will make people actually try harder to win, instead of giving up at the very beginning.

4: Need more pvp maps, it can't be that hard to make a few new ones and I would like to see different types like a capture the flag or something like that. It gets boring playing the same 2 maps.

Anyways just some ideas and thanks for reading please remember if you are going to post please be respectful of other posters as it is up to us the players to have a great community.
  • Options
    facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited December 2013
    I would love a map with more interactions inside of it... for example the switches for the bridge in GG are awesome and i always have fun around them lol.Or the pit with the spikes etc....I would love an arena like that with many many interactions so its more competitive for the New Low Gear players to have a tactical chance over the thread etc...

I really think that they are sooo much people waiting for the pvp update that even if they make the smallest map and put it on live,many many players will be happy..

Sadly thow ,nothing goes in that direction....
  • Options
    cmason249cmason249 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My input for this thread would be that PvP should be allowed away from campsites and "cities". Out in the wilds. Griefing will happen, yes. As a newcomer to this game, I would be one of those being hassled, but allowing this would create a roleplaying opportunity this mmoRPG seems to be missing. Allowing more PvP, freer PvP, more complex PvP, rather than just an arena style contest would add a whole new dimension to this game. Guilds, I'm sure, would agree that free PvP, ala the way it worked in Neverwinter Nights (setting hostile etc) would actually make guilds worth something, not just a "you talk to me, I'll talk to you" organization. I realize free PvP, especially involving guilds would put a tremendous strain on the server, but perhaps something could be worked out.
  • Options
    nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We don't need penalty for quitting match. Just give us leaderboard. Let people who often quit games play each other, and people who stay to the end play with players with similar approach. This will not punish people who need to do something sometimes, because they will leave sometimes, quitters will play with quitters and maybe, when they will have enough this they always can change they attitude and earn place in 'league' with people who want to finish match no matter score. My best games was those close one, even if i loose.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nem3ziss wrote: »
    We don't need penalty for quitting match. Just give us leaderboard. Let people who often quit games play each other, and people who stay to the end play with players with similar approach. This will not punish people who need to do something sometimes, because they will leave sometimes, quitters will play with quitters and maybe, when they will have enough this they always can change they attitude and earn place in 'league' with people who want to finish match no matter score. My best games was those close one, even if i loose.
    If you need to do something sometimes and leave sometimes, then having the suggested penalty will barely bother you. However, if you leave every time you're team is losing or you are not personally ROFLSTOMPING, then guess what...you get slapped in the face for being a quitter.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cmason249 wrote: »
    My input for this thread would be that PvP should be allowed away from campsites and "cities". Out in the wilds. Griefing will happen, yes. As a newcomer to this game, I would be one of those being hassled, but allowing this would create a roleplaying opportunity this mmoRPG seems to be missing. Allowing more PvP, freer PvP, more complex PvP, rather than just an arena style contest would add a whole new dimension to this game. Guilds, I'm sure, would agree that free PvP, ala the way it worked in Neverwinter Nights (setting hostile etc) would actually make guilds worth something, not just a "you talk to me, I'll talk to you" organization. I realize free PvP, especially involving guilds would put a tremendous strain on the server, but perhaps something could be worked out.

Hell no :\ Not yet, or actually maybe not ever.

I've played on PvP server for WoW and it was a continuous hassle and pain in my butt until Cataclysm, where I could switch specs on the fly, so I could be full PvP while farming/questing, because there was always "smart" some rogue trying to fry my mage.

I had a very negative experience in TBC for example as I had to keep my PvE spec and everybody destroyed me, prolonging mundane tasks forever.

Open world PvP would put HUGE pressure on the newbies and there will be so much griefing I cannot imagine. Basically, open world PvP brings out the worse in communities and forces people to adopt certain play-styles and gear, because... keep in mind... Neverwinter does not have PvE/RP realms to offer as an alternative :\

No dual spec, no PvE realm alternative-->No open world PvP.
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree that this game could use another pvp map and a 1v1 mode.

BUT note that this is a DUNGEONS & dragons game, Not a PVP & dragons game. I feel that it is utterly ridiculous for classes to be balanced around pvp because it is such a minor part of the game to me. When I hear that the game developers are making new content I expect new quests and dungeons, not pvp content for a DUNGEONS & dragons game. While yes there are pvp matches in tabletop d&d I don't (and wouldn't) play tabletop d&d for a pvp match.
  • Options
    greekstudgreekstud Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2013
    i have said many times that we need many more maps - titles - arenas etc
    2v2 all the way or even 1v1 ...even low end games have it and if you have the mood make a guild v guild also or 20v20 arena
    finally about gwf i think that now he is as supposed to be as he is in all mmos = a class that you cant confront face to face like all did so far but with tricky ways or ranged
    its like warrior in other game or titan in another we all recall (i wont say names) . you didnt have a chance when he was close
    so you must all play according to your class and its all fine then
  • Options
    aiausaiaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just want to know how many people I've killed from day 1. That is all.
  • Options
    limeye3limeye3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101
    edited December 2013
    M3 should be fully PvP focused to be honest if its not i'm sure A LOT of people will stop playing as veterans are already doing cause to be frank, the end game content isn't something that makes jaws drop.
  • Options
    aiausaiaus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Better be soon cause most of my friends from my guild are pvp players and if devs keep messin round with pve content. They be gone. :/
  • Options
    ravi0lieravi0lie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree with the fact PvP needs help in this game! I just started playing and I know my opinion is not as important but I can tell PvP is not one of the strengths right now in this game and I love PvP and that's the main reason I'll strive to get new gear (make my character stronger) PvP is super important! (I.e. balancing, more than one map, etc.) =)
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    DK - i actually agree, some sort of ranking system.

GS doesn't work because not all stats have same value and those stats have DR.

For instance I once over stacked recovery on a CW to 6.6k (stupid), then i dropped to 3k and put it into armor pen, defense, regen, etc (smart). My GS didn't change but i got way more effective.

Also, an enchantment makes a huge difference but doesn't count GS.

Thirdly, all the gear in the world doesn't matter without the skill to use it.

So have a individual ladder, a team ladder, and a guild ladder. just play, have fun, enjoy. Problem solved.

Side note, PLEASE new maps! we have two!
  • Options
    thraexisthraexis Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    +1 for me as well, i would love to see more pvp content

hoping the developers takes this post seriously,
    alot more serious then the devs on star trek online
    those guys over there completely ignore the pvp
    community.
  • Options
    xicrosexicrose Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My idea-

o Some sort of ranking or ladder system (5v5 Que, and/or Solo Q (Like LoL))
    o Maps ( I've only experienced two and that gets a little redundant )
    o Gametypes ( Maybe like a REAL 5v5. You get 1 life, make it worth. OR Capture the flag. )

These are just a few small additions I would love to see!!
  • Options
    xxrevracxxxxrevracxx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I play this game for one reason only.....PVP. It is the only end-game content worth doing in that when fighting in PVP it will never be the same fight. Humans react differently and each close match there seems to be something new that happened worth sharing a laugh, or something new discovered that will make you want to change your build. My point is that PVE is the same every time, and once the gear is accumulated well there is simply nothing "new" to have fun. The Dev's know this, I mean they have to know this so here goes my attempt at a solution.

1. Solo Domination-When you "q" this way you know that the team you get will be random as well as your opponents. No premades allowed. No teaming up at all, only allows for one person to Q.

2. Team Domination- Just as the name suggests, you can only q with a full team. Matches will be premade vs premade always.

3. Guild Vs Guild- Make Guild halls!!!!!! This cannot be emphasized enough. Guild Halls allows guild members to interact with each other, trade, hang out, etc. Bring up the Map and there will be a spot for Guild Hall. Each guild hall will cost AD (A nice AD sink for you dev's) and each guild hall can allow for npc's to be purchased like a weapon, armor, kit/potion merchant, salvage merchant, auction house link, etc (Another AD sink). Not only will guild halls be used for socializing amongst friends, but you can also q in the guild hall for GvG. This will be like Team Domination but will take place in the Guild Hall of one of the Guilds. The Guild with the lower rank will have their home Guild Hall to defend with a Guild Leader NPC as the objective. The higher ranked team starts outside the Guild Hall proper and has to assault the GH and take out the Guild Leader. You can have many different Guild Halls to choose from and each will be different. You can have a Warrior type hall with weapons on the walls and a large open field outside the guild house. A Wizards Guild Hall with Towers and maybe a library. A Rouge guild hall that is shadowy and filled with twists and turns. This would be a way to rank guilds and a nice refreshing form of pvp.

4. Hall of Hero's- This is a unique form of PvP that involves 3 teams and one Center Flag. The team that holds the center flag the longest builds the most points, and of course points for kills. Just think about having 3 different 5 man teams all fighting over one point. You could add side objectives as well that could earn you points like grabbing team bonus items that spawn in 5 minute intervals. This type of PvP should also have a reward system like Glory that can be used to purchase gear similar to T2-T3 PvE gear. This would be the ultimate end game pvp where the best of the best would compete. You could even have system notification's for the winning team. Also, to reach the 3 Team end zone, each team would have to make it through a qualifying map where it will pit 1 Team vs 1 Team where the winning team would move on to the 3 team map for a chance at rewards.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the conversation and I really hope that MOD3 will be totally focused on PVP......I for one have spent a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of money on gear for PVP and I know that if there is not anything done, this game will lose the players that spend the most real money on this game, and good luck with future endeavors after the revenue stream has dried up.
  • Options
    cristianrossicristianrossi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited December 2013
    Hi, wanted to share a couple considerations as a Cleric that pvp's a lot.

1 - I love pvp and the pvp mechanics in Neverwinter is awesome!

2 - I totally agree with more cool and entertaining maps!

3 - I totally agree with more pvp modes! Capture the flag, hold the fortress, deathmatch, stuff like that!

4 - The pvp match making should be better balanced (6k-9k, 9k-11k, and so on)...I grew tired of "trying" to fight one single GWF on the other side. On time there as a GWF in the other team that my 5 ppl team tried to kill. Tried. We couldn't kill the guy.

5 - I don't know the pvp score/glory points are calculed...but as I cleric I rarely get a good position/glory. Even playing like a maniac healing ppl and holding grounds.

6 - Casting time is slow and fails over CCs. What I mean is...if I'm casting something and a CC hits me I lose the cast (ok, that's cool...sounds about right). But, if it takes too long to cast it kinda "takes away" the chance to do something in pvp. Let me put it in another way.
    I feel like everyother class skill works right when ppl press the button/use it. And mine don't.
    I also feel like everytime someone uses a skill on me and I "dash" away (and believe me, I do that as soon as I see those mage hands clapping on that f*king ice dagger) the skill still hits me. I can't escape. Ever. As for other players, when I use a skill and they dash, they dash.
    I'm not saying clerics need a boost or something, I'm just talking about some stuff that happens to me...but then again, that might be just me. Maybe just a little CC resist could help a bit...(dunno if there are special items/passives for that).

7 - I also feel that every other class has a lot of CC skills and they all work, all the time. I don't stand a chance against other classes. Only to lowered geared ppl (8k--) (i got 11.2k) cause I can damage faster...I do realize I need better gear before complaining about stuff like that...but those are my 2 cents.

COME ON, GIVE A BOOST TO PVP!!!
    EguaDoidOx - Rock'n'roll DC / EguaDoidOx - Dominion Champion CW
    Ancient Warriors Guild
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want a better PVP system, however I disagree so much attention has to be put into it that they stop developing dungeons.

I don't want to do PVP all day long. I don't want to do any one thing all day long.

I like the balance of questing and then being able to do PVP. IT just needs more modes.

I'm not like a lot of you who rush to get the end-game gear AND THEN do nothing but PVP. In fact, I would say that the PVP player base is in the LARGE minority as most people do it strictly for the AD.

I have 7 characters... and (1 of each and 2 TRs), and I for one would like better dungeons and raids, horde modes, AND PVP. However, I do realize that the PVP community is seriously the minority in this game. Just because the combat system is well suited to PVP, doesn't mean it should focus on it. Quite frankly with only 6 classes it would get OLD really quick.

DDO, which is one of the best DnD MMOs out has THE most pathetic PVP systems I've ever experienced... and that community was around for 6 years (it's now starting to die) doing DUNGEONS. So as I also want PVP, please remember it is a VERY small part of the game for most of the user base.
  • Options
    mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want a better PVP system, however I disagree so much attention has to be put into it that they stop developing dungeons.

I don't want to do PVP all day long. I don't want to do any one thing all day long.

I like the balance of questing and then being able to do PVP. IT just needs more modes.

I'm not like a lot of you who rush to get the end-game gear AND THEN do nothing but PVP. In fact, I would say that the PVP player base is in the LARGE minority as most people do it strictly for the AD.

I have 7 characters... and (1 of each and 2 TRs), and I for one would like better dungeons and raids, horde modes, AND PVP. However, I do realize that the PVP community is seriously the minority in this game. Just because the combat system is well suited to PVP, doesn't mean it should focus on it. Quite frankly with only 6 classes it would get OLD really quick.

DDO, which is one of the best DnD MMOs out has THE most pathetic PVP systems I've ever experienced... and that community was around for 6 years (it's now starting to die) doing DUNGEONS. So as I also want PVP, please remember it is a VERY small part of the game for most of the user base.

I think I disagree with you completely. PvP has been ignored completely since GG (and even that was a sad excuse for PvP). How many new dailies/dungeons/skirms have come out since then? It needs serious focus for 1 major update.

PvP community may be the minority, but given the title of the game, it will attract many casuals that are interested in the lore and exploration. Personally I don't play this for the D&D title, I play it for the mechanics. The combat system is amazing imo.

Now if you were a part of the competitive PvP community, you would know that for the past 8 months or so, we've longed for more PvP content. It's our turn. Also this thread is specifically for PvP. Not to debate whether PvE or PvP should be the devs main concern.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    I think I disagree with you completely. PvP has been ignored completely since GG (and even that was a sad excuse for PvP). How many new dailies/dungeons/skirms have come out since then? It needs serious focus for 1 major update.

PvP community may be the minority, but given the title of the game, it will attract many casuals that are interested in the lore and exploration. Personally I don't play this for the D&D title, I play it for the mechanics. The combat system is amazing imo.

Now if you were a part of the competitive PvP community, you would know that for the past 8 months or so, we've longed for more PvP content. It's our turn. Also this thread is specifically for PvP. Not to debate whether PvE or PvP should be the devs main concern.

If you are developer and 80% of your community is asking for more non-PVP content... that means the people who are going to end up giving you money are that 80%. Who would you cater to?

I am a part of the community. I am however a realist. For PVP to be truly engaging it would need something on the range of classes, like say... LOL. Having coded and built levels since the days of Quake, I can tell you... PVP design is boring, as D&D is not or never has been focused around PVP, the people typically drawn to D&D games are NOT PVPers.

I was pleasantly surprised and the combat system in the game and how it COULD be used for PVP. However, if you truly believe that it is PWEs main focus, their money maker etc... you are sadly mistaken.

A) Once you have your gear... you can PVP all day long for FREE. This is not a revenue maker and for a company trying to make money, makes little to no sense, as they do not have a subscription model. Even if they did, and kept some of the game free... those who have there gear and PVP would not pay... thus not generating revenue... still would receive the short-end of the stick

B) Without new dungeons being the focus even PVP would become stale. No new gear to get, no progression or leveling, etc.

So with that being said... YES, PVP needs to be addressed, but NO the developers do not need to make it their focus. They need to first "Keep the Lights On" so that you will have a server to log into and play PVP.

This means making content that warrants payments. I'm all for better PVP, but it's not the end all be all, and quite frankly does not benefit PWE as a business to address as a first step. It would drive away the majority of their user base causing them to not bring in money, and eventually shut down their servers, and you'd hav no PVP to play still.

I'm sure it will be addressed down the line. The game hasn't even been out of Beta a year. Give it time. If you and the other 20% leave... it'll be here when you get back...
  • Options
    halrloprillalarhalrloprillalar Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello Alterac Valley.

I actually enjoyed AV (not saying it didn't have its problems), especially as a warlock spamming SoC on the bridge... heheeehe
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    If you are developer and 80% of your community is asking for more non-PVP content... that means the people who are going to end up giving you money are that 80%. Who would you cater to?

I am a part of the community. I am however a realist. For PVP to be truly engaging it would need something on the range of classes, like say... LOL. Having coded and built levels since the days of Quake, I can tell you... PVP design is boring, as D&D is not or never has been focused around PVP, the people typically drawn to D&D games are NOT PVPers.

I was pleasantly surprised and the combat system in the game and how it COULD be used for PVP. However, if you truly believe that it is PWEs main focus, their money maker etc... you are sadly mistaken.

A) Once you have your gear... you can PVP all day long for FREE. This is not a revenue maker and for a company trying to make money, makes little to no sense, as they do not have a subscription model. Even if they did, and kept some of the game free... those who have there gear and PVP would not pay... thus not generating revenue... still would receive the short-end of the stick

B) Without new dungeons being the focus even PVP would become stale. No new gear to get, no progression or leveling, etc.

So with that being said... YES, PVP needs to be addressed, but NO the developers do not need to make it their focus. They need to first "Keep the Lights On" so that you will have a server to log into and play PVP.

This means making content that warrants payments. I'm all for better PVP, but it's not the end all be all, and quite frankly does not benefit PWE as a business to address as a first step. It would drive away the majority of their user base causing them to not bring in money, and eventually shut down their servers, and you'd hav no PVP to play still.

I'm sure it will be addressed down the line. The game hasn't even been out of Beta a year. Give it time. If you and the other 20% leave... it'll be here when you get back...

I don't think it is their main concern. That's pretty obvious. Again, I'm not discussing why or why not PvE/PvP should be the main concern. I think PvP needs focus for ONE major update.

On a side note: PvP'ers make this company most of their money. Hands down.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    That's debatable... most of the people I run dungeons with have spent well over 2K already and don't PVP at all. I have spent a bit myself. Still the vast majority of casual players still out-weigh PVPers. PVPers may pay more per person, but the user base is so vastly skewed...

Anyway. I still want an enchantless PVP mode in the mix. Tron it up! All classes same gear and weapons! (Abilities and Spec ony diff). Then see what's what!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    That's debatable... most of the people I run dungeons with have spent well over 2K already and don't PVP at all. I have spent a bit myself. Still the vast majority of casual players still out-weigh PVPers. PVPers may pay more per person, but the user base doesn't is so vastly skewed...

Anyway. I still want an enchantless PVP mode in the mix. Tron it up! All classes same gear and weapons! Then see what's what!