PvP needs you

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    The person I quoted said this,

That suggestion removes premades completely.

Personal opinion from the person you quoted, is that premades should exist but not like that. In a 5v5 situation (first game I've seen with such a low scale team PvP) if you have 3 people that co-ordinate in the same team then you are in a huge advantage.

I too joined MMOs for the first M, so I like playing with people that share my taste and game experience. But team PvP allowing random queues, in the best MMOs i've been into was never 5v5. If for instance the same maps were bigger and allowed 15 people to get in, having 2 or 3 from a party wouldn't make such a difference...or even carrying Joe the Pugger wouldn't hurt you. It'd even make Joe to requeue.

Anyway, thing is 2 Domination maps with 80% of the games being PMs vs PuGs and a riding contest don't make up for a good PvP experience. Expecting next module so that they look into it. Up to then, let's suck it up.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What premades vs pug queues or gs bracket queues will do, itll narrow qq down to skill/spec. Blowouts will still happen but it wont be because you have 2 people on your team with a GS less than 8k vs a team of 13k+. (and if you join a premade vs premade expect a higher level of competition)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    lundman23lundman23 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I disagree. I'd rather go through dungeons with friends and/or decent people taking on difficult enemies and bossfights that requires more skill than gear to defeat. I'm not interested at all in PVP and I'd rather not even have it included in the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    lundman23 wrote: »
    I disagree. I'd rather go through dungeons with friends and/or decent people taking on difficult enemies and bossfights that requires more skill than gear to defeat. I'm not interested at all in PVP and I'd rather not even have it included in the game.

[Insert Jackie Chan what meme]

They are giving suggestions on how to improve it.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What premades vs pug queues or gs bracket queues will do, itll narrow qq down to skill/spec. Blowouts will still happen but it wont be because you have 2 people on your team with a GS less than 8k vs a team of 13k+. (and if you join a premade vs premade expect a higher level of competition)

Problem is how to make those brackets, if you make them small enough where there is no gear discrepancy all you will have done is change the roflstomp qq for queue times are too long qq.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Problem is how to make those brackets, if you make them small enough where there is no gear discrepancy all you will have done is change the roflstomp qq for queue times are too long qq.

Yah that's a concern when bracketing. The population is large enough I don't think itd be bad at this point, but later down the road it could be a problem; and the possibility we just get 1 big bracket again.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    f2pnw wrote: »
    iv been making new toon and done like 15 to 20 t2 until i got all gear from chest and i did like 10 to 15 more coz i was bored.not one time i saw t2 armor drop not one time....just sayin how can u play pvp when making ad is close to imposibile for new players.

Sell/trade/salvage the stuff you picked up and aren't going to use to get the pieces you need. It's not that difficult of a concept.

lundman23 wrote: »

If you find the pve content to be difficult that would explain why you struggle with pvp.
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    If you find the pve content to be difficult that would explain why you struggle with pvp.

PvE content is really easy, provided that you got the group to run for. Since everyone but TRs need PvE for their best PvP gear, it means that you will need at least to be able to farm the basic content. This is not achievable by the random dungeon queue.

We could ignore this fact also, if GG queue wasn't in the same situation as well. So suppose that you are a new GWF mesmerised about all the hype with the Regen Sentinel. You browse through forums and check that you need 2 vigilant duelist, 2 Titan's and the rest of the off-gear. I will leave enchants out of the equation.

In the example above getting the gear with random queues is almost impossible. So you either need to find a guild that knows what it's doing (good luck) or bypass the farming with the known way.

In general the game's only disadvantage is the queueing system. Call it PvP, GG, PvE. They are not working properly for different reasons, but the end result is that they are not working.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    aerotraerotr Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I completely agree with the op!
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Yah that's a concern when bracketing. The population is large enough I don't think itd be bad at this point, but later down the road it could be a problem; and the possibility we just get 1 big bracket again.

In games such as SC2, the system first serches an opponent with the nearest performance level than you, then if not found starts an extended search. Therefore, the narrowness of the brackets is never a problem.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    valdairvaldair Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    can i get a TEAM balance?
    when team a has 2 healers and team b has none?
  • Options
    zouldrynzouldryn Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2014
    A random queue.

Use the one we have now for premades.

very easy fix.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    valdair wrote: »
    can i get a TEAM balance?
    when team a has 2 healers and team b has none?

If you want your team balanced you will always have to run in a premade, unless you want the queue for pvp to resemble the queue for dungeons.
  • Options
    vankillianvankillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    First let me say, in my opinion the action combat aspect of PvP in this game is really fun, so there is great potential here. But for PvP'ers like me, they really need to add some meaningful enticement in this area. The largest suggestion I keep coming across that people have mentioned is the lack of a ladder. If nothing else, I'd like to see how I'm stacking up to the rest of the NW population and work towards scaling to the top. One thing that would be cool would be an incentive like special boons appearing (w/ visual effects) for anyone in the top XX ranks. This is one thing about games such as AION that I think they did right...and it was a great carrot for PvPing. -My opinion, but I know many who share it.........
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Andy Velasquez did an interview with the German games magazine Buffed . de recently , he was asked about the future of PvP and said -
    Q - Do you work on other PVP maps that are as big as Gauntlgrym but not as limited?
    A - We get that request quite a lot and although I can't tell any details at this point, your readers will look back at this interview with a smile a few month from now. We are working on some "stuff" to solve multiple points of criticism and worries regarding PVP. That's right folks, you heard it here first! That doesn't mean that we are not satisfied with Gauntlgrym in its current form though, we actually get a lot of positive feedback. Gauntlgrym was the first major PVP event and we've learned a lot from it. Believe me, PVP is important to us.

With luck this means new PvP stuff in Module 3

Thanks to J0shi82 for the original post that contained this quote.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    vankillian wrote: »
    First let me say, in my opinion the action combat aspect of PvP in this game is really fun, so there is great potential here. But for PvP'ers like me, they really need to add some meaningful enticement in this area. The largest suggestion I keep coming across that people have mentioned is the lack of a ladder. If nothing else, I'd like to see how I'm stacking up to the rest of the NW population and work towards scaling to the top. One thing that would be cool would be an incentive like special boons appearing (w/ visual effects) for anyone in the top XX ranks. This is one thing about games such as AION that I think they did right...and it was a great carrot for PvPing. -My opinion, but I know many who share it.........

Me, I would like to see them add some of those Refining Stones to the Glory Store. This would be a quick and easy way to get more folks trying to farm Glory, hence increase the PvP Population. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see the changes you describe. But those Stones would be a very welcome and very easy addition.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    vankillianvankillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Andy Velasquez did an interview with the German games magazine Buffed . de recently , he was asked about the future of PvP and said -

With luck this means new PvP stuff in Module 3

Thanks to J0shi82 for the original post that contained this quote.

Thanks for the heads up, hadn't seen that! Good to see : )
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Me, I would like to see them add some of those Refining Stones to the Glory Store. This would be a quick and easy way to get more folks trying to farm Glory, hence increase the PvP Population. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see the changes you describe. But those Stones would be a very welcome and very easy addition.

That's a great idea! Let me get greedy now....and say....I'd like to see both lol.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    PvP needs to be divided into two categories.

1. Professional PvP
    Ladders, challenge guilds, 5vs5, 3vs3, 2vs2, rainbow requirement
    This is for guilds wanna have BiS and compete and be the best of the best.

2. Casual public PvP
    Random que, team-balancer, 20vs20, 10vs10
    For pugs that just want glory or kill stuff.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    edited January 2014
    vankillian wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up, hadn't seen that! Good to see : )

I'd be careful about thinking it'll be mod 3, they were working on ranger from beta onward and had released teasers for it. This could be mod 3 or it could be 6 months to a year out still.
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd be careful about thinking it'll be mod 3, they were working on ranger from beta onward and had released teasers for it. This could be mod 3 or it could be 6 months to a year out still.
    I prefer it as not mod 3 and believe next update is PvP. Don't get me wrong Fury of Feywild and Shadowmantle was not bad and I liked they added for example 3 solo Dungeons and 2: 5 player Dungeons and Ranger class and new Paragon path.

That said I have 3 max level characters and I could use a break from boon grinding with alts. We have had
    Gauntlgrym(PvP), Fury of Feymantle(PvE) and Shadowmantle(PvE) major updates.

I like both PvE and PvP 5vs5 and Gauntlgrym.

Now it is time for PvP and a PvP update is most welcome. This does not prevent smaller PvE events happening before that and 23 January starts a new nice PvE temporary event where you can earn savage enchantments, NPC companion and other stuff.
  • Options
    mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aerotr wrote: »
    I completely agree with the op!

I think I do too!
    1z4y45e.jpg