What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 2 Known Issues

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hey everyone!

We'd identified the following known issues with today's Module 2 maintenance:

- If your characters are low enough level / haven't spent feat points, the game may attempt to respec them and fail with a red error message in the middle of the screen. The error message will pop every time you change maps (this is an issue for GWF and DC, as they have forced respecs).
- There is a case where the game will try to reset players' graphics settings multiple times, until the player restarts his/her client.
- Entering the first Foundry screen, then backing up to the Character Select screen, may temporarily disable the Foundry button. This fixes itself when logging in then returning to character select.
- Several featured Foundry projects are failing republish due to profanity filter changes. We're currently investigating.
- If Refinement reagents are in the Overflow bag, Upgrading will not work, and there's currently not an error message to indicate the issue.
- Currently, you may not be able to reclaim Hunter Ranger Booster Pack items on another character on the same account even though the items may be account-wide.
- Rare Profession tasks are currently not showing up on Gateway.
- If a gem had been slotted in gear before Shadowmantle release, that gem will not get bonus XP if fed matching gems.
- There are some reports about characters missing free respecs.
- Some players may experience issues with respeccing their characters' feats.

We're currently working on fixes to these issues. Please let us know in this thread if you're experiencing them, and if you have any further information!

Thanks!

Update 1: We have fixes in the works for most of these issues, and will let you know when they'll be pushed to the live servers. Thank you!
Update 2: We'll be performing a scheduled maintenance this evening to address several of these issues. Patch notes soon!
Update 3: Patch notes can be found here!
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    ljz6ljz6 Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2013
    I've bought the hunter pack, and I skimmed it but I could've sworn it said I'd get a blue bag. Was I incorrect or did I just not receive one? (I'd check for myself, but the bag doesn't show in the store anymore since I bought it.)

And if so, has anyone else had this issue?
  • Options
    puppetofshadowpuppetofshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No forced respec on my dc, no token, no nothing and many others are saying the same
  • Options
    vtshadow314vtshadow314 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had unspeant points on my GWF and he is now unable to train them and did not recieve his respec. Ans im assuming the GF was supposed to recieve a forced respec as well, he also did not get his respec.
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No respec on my main CW and DC. TR who shares account with DC gets respec, and my two newbies I have lvled to see the new paragons and left them at slightly over 30 lvl got the respecs, too, although they don't really need it. What's going on? QQ Why are you hating my main? I've used Sharandar free respecs only 'course I've heard there will be unstackable new ones with this module. If I knew it's going to end this way, I'd have saved them, god******! :(
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No respec on DC
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Unable to access Professions on Gateway, it says the character must be at least lvl 10 to use them - mine is lvl 60 though...
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You have to switch to a non-professions window and come back (should only be necessary once per character.)
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Okay this is very annoying.

The graphics look UGLY as ****, and the lag is as bad as the Preview Server.

How the hell do I bring back my old graphics before this fail update ? Everything is so brighter... and it's uglier.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    texy1texy1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No forced or free respec for GF, GWF or 2nd DC.
  • Options
    gunking911gunking911 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    No respec for my 60 DC, and restarting client didn't stop my graphics from resetting every time I change characters.
  • Options
    rosicrucianistrosicrucianist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No Forced or Free Respecs on my characters.
  • Options
    atamasamaatamasama Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No forced or free respecs on either of my characters. One is a DC, the other is a GF.

Also, I'm experiencing the issue where my graphics are reset each time I change characters.

UPDATE: Restarting the client stopped the craziness where my graphics kept getting reset (and it kept all the settings I'd set previously as well). Still don't see any free respecs though.
    Lakini, Halfling Guardian Fighter
    Tomas, Human Devoted Cleric
    Dragon Shard
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Another issue... The Shadow Wolf doesn't HOWL anymore when you spawn him... Lame.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    mrmantaray95mrmantaray95 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No respecs on my character either
  • Options
    xiuhdragonxiuhdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hunterbooster pack cant be reclaimed on other chars from same acount after buying it
  • Options
    belial136belial136 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can't even play! The launcher crashes when it starts patching and there are plenty of people saying the same on the Neverwinter facebook page. Still no mention of that by the devs!
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So all the items from the ranger pack being bound to one character and only accessible for one character is a bug and not intended? I thought it was weird my cw got a bunch of bound ranger blues and a hawk. :)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    faerenifaereni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Auction House on both Gateway and Live aren't sorting for bid or buy out again.

super-minor: HR's bowstring still shows when you zoom in to first person PoV using screenshot mode (aka default B).
  • Options
    goddessdepravegoddessdeprave Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    belial136 wrote: »
    I can't even play! The launcher crashes when it starts patching and there are plenty of people saying the same on the Neverwinter facebook page. Still no mention of that by the devs!

Same here! I patched the game, and as soon as it launches to go to the Cryptic title screen, it crashes out without any error message. I've cleaned out my cache, restarted the computer, verified files, and it still crashes with no reasoning. Please help!!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . I think some are misunderstanding the Forced Respec: The only classes that got forced respec are the DC and GWF. On top of that, only the Feats were respeced, not your powers, abilities, or boons. All classes, including the DC and GWF also get a free respec token on the Powers Page, that will respec you fully.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this has been fixed
  • Options
    belial136belial136 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Same here! I patched the game, and as soon as it launches to go to the Cryptic title screen, it crashes out without any error message. I've cleaned out my cache, restarted the computer, verified files, and it still crashes with no reasoning. Please help!!

Mine doesn't even launch >.< It gets to 81.9MB patched every time and the launcher just crashes.. Getting real frustrated!
  • Options
    dwarferdwarfer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No free respec just the option on powers page to buy a token.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    capnbluddcapnbludd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My booster pack is missing the bag of holding, I see somebody else has the problem as well. This was claimed on a new character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • Options
    ariella321ariella321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In the gateway, rare Professions tasks are mixed in with the common tasks, instead of being at the top of the list. Had to do some extra filtering to find things like Protect Diamond Shipment...
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    capnbludd wrote: »
    My booster pack is missing the bag of holding, I see somebody else has the problem as well. This was claimed on a new character.

Same here. I bought Booster Pack on my Hunter and didn't recive Greater bag of holding and Adventure's helper pack!

#Edit
    Reward Claims Agent has both.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    No forced respec on DC, but he's only lvl 39, so I thought that might be why.
  • Options
    lupo9lupo9 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No forced respec on my GWF and no Free Respec Token on it and into the other charachter, a TR, always level 60.
  • Options
    captainpoopscaptainpoops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No free respec token on my CW.
  • Options
    halfquarthalfquart Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    faereni wrote: »
    Auction House on both Gateway and Live aren't sorting for bid or buy out again.

Auction House on Gateway not only does not sort -- the sort tabs are absent (Firefox current version). Also, when attempting to filter an Auction House item search on Gateway by class, the Hunter Ranger class does not appear as an option.