test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic OFFICIAL Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger

Comments

• voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Ok so PvP, what do you want 30-40% ArP?

So with just Predator or Royal Armor sets and CN Weapons you have 23.77% ArP.

Add 6% from Strength and you are at 29.77.

Add 2 Piercing Berserker Rings; 34.63%

Add the Reagent's Guard Cloak (because every Epic gets it not because its the best choice); 35.31%

Add 2 Rank 7 Dark's in Offense Slots; 38.91%

Pick a belt with 200 odd ArP and you have over 40% ArP.

How much more do you want for PvP?

If you really need more stamina for dodging (seems unlikely) then drop some dots in Swift Footwork and Seeker as feats.

Without even trying with just a few bits of blue gear and 16 Str (with Campfire) I was over 24%, I've actually been loosing ArP from gear to cut back down to 24% for PvE...

You only need that much armor pem for GF but even then the class is easy to kill if you position yourself right and time your Immunity frames right. 40% arm pen will not save you from a sent GWF thats for **** sure.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Ok so PvP, what do you want 30-40% ArP?

So with just Predator or Royal Armor sets and CN Weapons you have 23.77% ArP.

Add 6% from Strength and you are at 29.77.

Add 2 Piercing Berserker Rings; 34.63%

Add the Reagent's Guard Cloak (because every Epic gets it not because its the best choice); 35.31%

Add 2 Rank 7 Dark's in Offense Slots; 38.91%

Pick a belt with 200 odd ArP and you have over 40% ArP.

How much more do you want for PvP?

If you really need more stamina for dodging (seems unlikely) then drop some dots in Swift Footwork and Seeker as feats.

Without even trying with just a few bits of blue gear and 16 Str (with Campfire) I was over 24%, I've actually been loosing ArP from gear to cut back down to 24% for PvE...

The Diminishing Return is much harder on that than you think. Especially if you are stacking Arp in Enchants and on gear slots. To be honest: More dodges in PvP are a good thing. Dodges = Complete Immunity. Completely Immunity is greater than any defensive stat.

Armour pen above 24% only helps against anyone that is not a Cw / Tr, but you see exponential returns if people are standing in Astral Shield and against High DR Targets: DC/GWF/GF.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok so I went to the Wiki and got the calculation; the above actually pulls in 34% ArP... 1 set of t2 weapons and armor and some blue rings & belt and a couple of rank 7 enchants and the easiest purple neck to get. Still only 16 Str. Considering the hoops I have jumped through for ArP on my GWF/DC/CW, that was pretty straight forward.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Ok so I went to the Wiki and got the calculation; the above actually pulls in 34% ArP... 1 set of t2 weapons and armor and some blue rings & belt and a couple of rank 7 enchants and the easiest purple neck to get. Still only 16 Str. Considering the hoops I have jumped through for ArP on my GWF/DC/CW, that was pretty straight forward.

U forgot pants and shirts!
    Apart from that, using the stuff u named is by far the worst u can ever do for pvp
    edited November 2013
    The Diminishing Return is much harder on that than you think. Especially if you are stacking Arp in Enchants and on gear slots. To be honest: More dodges in PvP are a good thing. Dodges = Complete Immunity. Completely Immunity is greater than any defensive stat.

Armour pen above 24% only helps against anyone that is not a Cw / Tr, but you see exponential returns if people are standing in Astral Shield and against High DR Targets: DC/GWF/GF.

GWF and TR have high or can have high deflect and armor pen cant touch the mitigation deflection gives i believe 20% deflection rating was like adding 10% more DR on you that armor pen cant touch.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sigregsigreg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited November 2013
    There is so much more stuff that needs to be improved and ppl rly care about how the bow looks like or how the sound of their abilitys is... i rly dont get it.
    Also they don't sound like ''powerful attacks'' cuz they hit like a wet noodle, so everything is fine!

So you are not getting to see feedback in a FEEDBACK TOPIC ? Sorry for not joining you and crying a river, i hope it didnt ruined your day too much. And yes, there are people who care how char does look like, what animation it does have and what sound effects. As are people who give no ** about PvP becuase they prefer PvE, or PvE because they play PvP, or stats generally because they just "play for fun" after day of work. If you dont like it then.. sorry, actually you cannot do anything with that.
  • trampsvktrampsvk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sigreg wrote: »
    ... And yes, there are people who care how char does look like, what animation it does have and what sound effects. ...
    I totally agree with you. I have a feeling, that people don't understand, that (and I really hope, that I am right) there are different teams of people which develop the game ... one team is responsible for sounds, another for animations and modeling (characters, armors, weapons etc.) and another people who make the logic behind the skills (calculating damage, distance etc.). And yes, for me is also important how my character looks like, how the bow is hanging on his back, I really miss the quiver on armor and if some armor have quiver on back, I miss arrows inside it. Yes, I am concentrated on details like this ... and on the other hand, I really want to see all our skills (active, passive) working correctly.
    To be honest, I waited for some kind of bow user from the first day of open beta (yes, I play from first day of open beta) and I was afraid, that if we get archer, it will be really strong at distance, but won't have any melee skills ... but, we got Hunter Ranger, which is mix of archer and melee fighter ... right now I am leveling my second HR to see, how it goes after all this patches/fixes/nerfs. I don't like feedback given by HR lvl 10-15, it has no real value. When I leveled CW i thought (at lvl 15) : I am so strong, with no other char I have such easy leveling ... when I played TR, it was even easier ... but real value have feedback from lvl 60. I have 1 char lvl 60 and it was leveled before nerfs. But right now, I have almost no problem leveling. Yes, melee stance and melee skills are weak (ok, Hindering strike is OK how it is, rest is weak), I prefer playing archer style, so I put points into archery tree and some skills should be better, some I don't use (Rain of arrows, really slow casting, arrows are falling slow down, small area). I thing, that Aimed shot should be great daily power (ok, without interrupting and little bit faster casting). What I really miss is some opening skill, like Hawk shot was before "fixing" ... with Split shot I can hit harder like with Hawk shot ... no use right now ...

OK, I believe, that in next days we get some "final" patches and on 5th December, when this comes alive, HR will be playable and enjoyable. Because it is why I play this game : to relax after whole day at work, have fun from playing and enjoy this kind of relax.
    edited November 2013
    Aesthetics Matter just as much as skill and balance feed back cause once your past all the bull**** of leveling up a part of the endgame is to make your character look pretty by collecting bow blades and armor skins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mod note: let's remember to provide feedback, address the post and not the poster and be respectful of others and their opinions. the feedback is definitely appreciated. let's provide it in a constructive and respectful manner.

please do not respond to this post. instead, send a PM to the community mods and/or managers to discuss it. thank you!
  • nearlydiamondnearlydiamond Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    It's a minor point but is distracting, the sound on the bow draw sounds like a gun being cocked rather than increasing tension on a bow string. Any chance you could slow the sound down, maybe turn up the mid tones and taper the speed of the clicks o better mimic the organic sound of the bow rather than a mechanical sound? Otherwise loving the new class!.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    For the love of god pls fix Aspect of the lone wolf....

Feedback summary:

Range encounters hit very weak*
    Melee/range atwills are kinda weak*
    Hawkshot is useless, it goes from 180dmg in close range to only 9k at max range
    Hawkshot Buff is useless, only adds flat 230dmg
    Shift ability gets spammed when binded on mousewheel
    Oak skin defense buff doesnt show up in the char sheet
    Stag heart buff lasts forever
    Aspect of the lone wolf Still does nothing!

*Just cuz we miss around 20% dmg from Aspect of the lone wolf

Feedback split shot vs rapid shot:

Split shot does even more singletarget dps than rapid shot...so pls dont nerf split shot again but buff rapid shot!
    That's mostly because ur last SLIGHTLY rapid shot nerf wasnt around 5% but 25%-30%
    edited November 2013
    I feel like the ranged at-wills went down again with this patch; yesterday performance was as expected compared to other classes, today things are back to a struggle.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The strong grasping roots sometimes to do not get applied to the target/s
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
    edited November 2013
    After some trials I found if I take 3 shifts away from the target I get the grasping roots and if I take a single step further back than that it fails. I have 2 pips in the power.

Binding Arrow would be much better if it always worked and the pips added targets affected. 1 target at 1 pip, 2 targets at 2 pips, 3-5 targets at 3 pips.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • kumiukkokumiukko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Feedback: Hunter Ranger: Natures Enhancement Feat received a tooltip update to more accurately reflect the bonus it gives (text change only).
    -Not true, it used to give 5/10/15/20/25% Deflect Severity as it should.

Nature's Enchantment now

When switching to Melee Stance, increase your Deflect Severity by 1/2/3/4/5% for 5 seconds.

Nature's Enchantment old

When switching to Melee Stance, increase your Deflect Severity by 5/10/15/20/25% for 5 seconds.

Its now destroyed to 1/2/3/4/5% Deflect Severity.

This makes this feat total waste of points and feat slot.

This is
    conditional and timed Deflect Severity bonus. It should be 5/10/15/20/25%. It wasnt OP feat proof can be found below.
    Change it to 5/10/15/20/25% Deflect Severity.

Lets do comparing math.

Comparison Defense vs. Deflect

Dexterity 26 (+8% Deflect Chance)

3000 Defense = 32% damage resistance
    3000 Deflect = 27,6% chance to deflect with 50% severity = 27,6%*50% = 13,8% Damage resistance

with

Old Nature's Enchantment bonus
    27,6% * 75% = 20,7% DR vs. 32% DR from plain Defense
    New Nature's Enchantment Bonus
    27,6% * 55% = 15,2% DR vs. 32% DR from plain Defense

Lets put 5 more feat points into Elusive Hunter (conditional 2/4/6/8/10% Deflect Chance) to max Deflect efficiency (now we have spend 10 feat point into Deflect related stuff).

27,6% + 10% = 37,6% Deflect Chance

Old Nature's Enchantment Bonus
    37,6% * 75% = 28,2% Deflect DR (with 10 feats points) vs 32% DR with plain Defense
    37,6% * 55% = 20,7% Deflect DR (with 10 feats points) vs 32% DR with plain Defense

nuff said? not?

Comparison Critical Severity vs Deflect Severity

Character ability roll: 18,13,13,10,10,8

Lets give ability priority to Deflect!
    Dexterity (18+2+6) 26 = +8% Deflect Change.
    Lets go with lowest value with crit
    Wisdom (13+2) 15 = +5% Crit Change.

3000 Critical Strike = +17,1% + 5% + 5% (base bonus) = 27,1% Critical Chance * 75% Severity = 20,3%
    3000 Deflect = +19,6% + 8% = 27,6% Deflect Chance * 50% Severity = 13,8%

With Abilities maxed for Deflect and minimized for Crit with 3000 stats in both.
    20,3% Crit vs. 13,8% Deflect

With

Old Nature's Enchantment Bonus (5/10/15/20/25%)

Deflect
    27,6% Chance * 75% Severity = 20,7% Damage Reduction

Critical Strike
    27,1% Chance * 75% Severity = 20,3% Damage Bonus

NOTICE THIS IS WITH MAX ABILITY BONUS with 5 feats points vs. MINIMUM ABILITY BONUS with no feat points.

New Nature's Enchantment Bonus (1/2/3/4/5%)

Deflect
    27,6% Chance * 55% Severity = 15,2% Damage reduction

Critical Strike

NOTICE THIS IS WITH MAX ABILITY BONUS with 5 feats points vs. MINIMUM ABILITY BONUS with no feat points.

---

Deflection with old Nature's Enchantment was not OP not even great boon because its conditional (melee stance) and timed (for 5s), but it gave little more surviviability to ranger. Give us back old Nature's Enchantment with 5/10/15/20/25% Deflect Severity bonus (and even give it a boost!).
    edited November 2013
    kumiukko wrote: »
    Feedback: Hunter Ranger: Natures Enhancement Feat received a tooltip update to more accurately reflect the bonus it gives (text change only).
    -Not true, it used to give 5/10/15/20/25% Deflect Severity as it should.

Nature's Enchantment now

When switching to Melee Stance, increase your Deflect Severity by 1/2/3/4/5% for 5 seconds.

Nature's Enchantment old

When switching to Melee Stance, increase your Deflect Severity by 5/10/15/20/25% for 5 seconds.

Its now destroyed to 1/2/3/4/5% Deflect Severity.

This makes this feat total waste of points and feat slot.

This is
    conditional and timed Deflect Severity bonus. It should be 5/10/15/20/25%. It wasnt OP feat proof can be found below.
    Change it to 5/10/15/20/25% Deflect Severity.

Lets do comparing math.

Comparison Defense vs. Deflect

Dexterity 26 (+8% Deflect Chance)

3000 Defense = 32% damage resistance
    3000 Deflect = 27,6% chance to deflect with 50% severity = 27,6%*50% = 13,8% Damage resistance

with

Old Nature's Enchantment bonus
    27,6% * 75% = 20,7% DR vs. 32% DR from plain Defense
    27,6% * 55% = 15,2% DR vs. 32% DR from plain Defense

Lets put 5 more feat points into Elusive Hunter (conditional 2/4/6/8/10% Deflect Chance) to max Deflect efficiency (now we have spend 10 feat point into Deflect related stuff).

27,6% + 10% = 37,6% Deflect Chance

Old Nature's Enchantment Bonus
    37,6% * 75% = 28,2% Deflect DR (with 10 feats points) vs 32% DR with plain Defense
    37,6% * 55% = 20,7% Deflect DR (with 10 feats points) vs 32% DR with plain Defense

nuff said? not?

Comparison Critical Severity vs Deflect Severity

Character ability roll: 18,13,13,10,10,8

Lets give ability priority to Deflect!
    Dexterity (18+2+6) 26 = +8% Deflect Change.
    Lets go with lowest value with crit
    Wisdom (13+2) 15 = +5% Crit Change.

3000 Critical Strike = +17,1% + 5% + 5% (base bonus) = 27,1% Critical Chance * 75% Severity = 20,3%
    3000 Deflect = +19,6% + 8% = 27,6% Deflect Chance * 50% Severity = 13,8%

With Abilities maxed for Deflect and minimized for Crit with 3000 stats in both.
    20,3% Crit vs. 13,8% Deflect

With

Old Nature's Enchantment Bonus (5/10/15/20/25%)

Deflect
    27,6% Chance * 75% Severity = 20,7% Damage Reduction

Critical Strike

New Nature's Enchantment Bonus (1/2/3/4/5%)

Deflect
    27,6% Chance * 55% Severity = 15,2% Damage reduction

Critical Strike

---

Deflection with old Nature's Enchantment was not OP not even great boon because its conditional (melee stance) and timed (for 5s), but it gave little more surviviability to ranger. Give us back old Nature's Enchantment with 5/10/15/20/25% Deflect Severity bonus (and even give it a boost!).
    The whole feat was worthless because of the way it works they should have just gave you the severity as long as you were in melee stance not put it on a timer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drajandrajan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yay quivers and arrows! Thank you! I like the new skins for bows and swords too. Swords could still be longer so they don't look like daggers, but overall nice to see.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • Hunter Ranger: Natures Enhancement Feat received a tooltip update to more accurately reflect the bonus it gives (text change only).

If its going to stay like this then it needs to be a buff that is always active in melee stance. As it is now 5% deflect severity for 5 seconds while entering melee is not worth the points.
    21.jpg
  • mio1968mio1968 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited November 2013
    voltomey wrote: »
    The whole feat was worthless because of the way it works they should have just gave you the severity as long as you were in melee stance not put it on a timer.

This. Even with it taking you to 75% severity, the 5 second duration made it much more a ranged feat than a melee feat, and ranged would probably not take it because the damage options competing with this feat are strong.

The melee ranger suffers in dungeons with a lot of red areas. You are either forced to use a ton of ranged attacks, which severely lower dps as you are not specced for it, or forced to play rogue-like and go single target outside of the fray, which is also not optimal. I am not saying you should be able to stand in the red areas like a gwf, but at least be able to go in to deliver your melee aoe attacks.

Honestly, the way they handled this makes me think they are swamped and will probably launch an unpolished ranger. They basically dressed up the bug to not appear like a bug, and will likely get back to it in the future. Hopefully.
    edited November 2013
    mio1968 wrote: »
    This. Even with it taking you to 75% severity, the 5 second duration made it much more a ranged feat than a melee feat, and ranged would probably not take it because the damage options competing with this feat are strong.

The melee ranger suffers in dungeons with a lot of red areas. You are either forced to use a ton of ranged attacks, which severely lower dps as you are not specced for it, or forced to play rogue-like and go single target outside of the fray, which is also not optimal. I am not saying you should be able to stand in the red areas like a gwf, but at least be able to go in to deliver your melee aoe attacks.

Honestly, the way they handled this makes me think they are swamped and will probably launch an unpolished ranger. They basically dressed up the bug to not appear like a bug, and will likely get back to it in the future. Hopefully.

TBH i don't really care about the feat thats just points in another more useful one or two. 5 seconds of 5% deflection severity is not wurth 5 feat points. i agree its needs to be reworked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    TBH i don't really care about the feat thats just points in another more useful one or two. 5 seconds of 5% deflection severity is not wurth 5 feat points. i agree its needs to be reworked.

Actually I kind of don't mind,
    I was going to play as human because I liked the feats and wanted those 3 extra points but now it looks like I wont need them.
    Guess I'll be rolling a different race now.
    21.jpg
  • djaruddjarud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited November 2013
    If its going to stay like this then it needs to be a buff that is always active in melee stance. As it is now 5% deflect severity for 5 seconds while entering melee is not worth the points.

Feedback support:
    Agreed, this feat is for a very delicate class, albeit mobile, still very squishy. The original Feat setting is almost worth using, the new setting is a waste of having in the list. I support having it put back, and having the time constraints removed. It should remain 5/10/15/20/25%, and active as long as in melee.
    Some things are meant to remain lost.
  • djaruddjarud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited November 2013
    Blame the PvE testers saying the class is OP just experiencing lvl 1-15 content i wouldn't dare give feed back on a class until i played it though lvls 1-60 then breakdown my findings. Reporting bugs is def though calling for dmg tone down when you havent hit max lvl is ridicoulous in my opinion.

Feedback support:

I agree here for the first roughly 15 levels the class did feel a bit high end, I was doing in 2-3 hits what my same level Wiz did in 3-4, but as my Ranger leveled up things became increasingly more difficult, and damages/survivability seemed to start really sagging behind. Once I got to about 35 I really started to notice a slow down in scaling of the abilities my character already had versus my Wiz which I kept same level, and in similar gear. Now at 57 my Ranger is barely doing much better than my Wiz who I left at level 35.

I see allot of people making comparisons between Ranger Ranged v Wiz, and Ranger Melee v Rog, flatly put, there are no comparisons of worth. The Ranger is lacking far behind the Wiz at Ranged dmg over all, and Control (what control they have), their buffs/support capabilities are weak (although useful), and almost entirely dependent on the class being in Melee combat, which is where the Ranger as of late, is lacking the worst. Granted, this is a Ranger, hence Ranged class and therefore should not be of some superlative Melee capacity, but they do need a boost, as well they need their Support roll abilities spread out better with more of them applied to their Ranged roll.

The damage variances, or gaps if you will are far too severe, and many of their Staple skills need to scale better with character level and gear. Some skills such as Electric Shot, need to be entirely re-addressed, this skill is of very little to (imo) no use, it should do far more damage for it's level, and requirement.

Disruptive Shot (Daily), although it has it's place, I do not see this as one that should be a Daily, it would be far more befitting the class if it were an Encounter skill.

Hawk Shot (Encounter) Why this skill has such a gross gap in it's totals is beyond me, at level 57 this skill has a variance gap of 2,135, that is an enormous window. With the amount of time it takes to cast this skill, it should be fer more inline with Aimed Shot.

Rain of Arrows (Encounter), although this skill is nice for what it does, the radius is far too small for the duration and damage it has. I would like to see the Radius increased to bring it up to par with other similar skills.

Electric Shot (At-will) does far too little damage to be of any application over any other skill, it should at least do as much damage as Rapid Shot. Given it's level requirement, I would like to see the AoE damage that it does, increase per the amount of enemies tht are hit with it's AoE effect, either that, or it should do the same damage as Rapid Shot, and have a subsidiary effect chance on all hit by the AoE effect such as Strong Grasping Roots, or Bleed Effect, or Stun, and so on. This would bring it up to par with the Encounter Skill Binding Arrow, and in fact make it one that many may want to use along side Binding Arrow.
    Some things are meant to remain lost.
    edited November 2013
    Disruptive Shot is another encounter in essence; in a big boss fight you can hit it 2-4 times and each time with Stormstep slotted drop your encounter cooldowns by 3s. You'll also be able to get a Forest Ghost off as an alternative to 1 use of disruptive. ie I like Disruptive as a Daily.

100% agree with djarud on Electric Shot, Rain of Arrows and Hawkeye.

I would also add Forest Meditation should affect the party or break agro and move you to stealth with damage immunity as it stands now a Cleric companion/ stacking Regen is >>> Forest Meditation.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • gipsylassgipsylass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited November 2013
    Just tested for a bit after the latest patch and I'm under the impression that split shot has gotten weaker. Maybe it's my imagination, what does everybody else think?
    I've also taken a look at the paragon powers and they seem to be very, very weak. I mean - for example - 81 - 94 damage for a *Daily*? Is this a typo? Same goes for the encounters.
    One week to go and still hoping for an enhancement of the ranger powers... please!
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ranger gear look feedback -
    I have logged onto the Shadowmantle test server for the first time in a couple of weeks today and I have to say , I love the way the Ranger gear looks now , my Ranger has this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> looking mask/hood thing that I imagine will look superb dyed black .
    edited November 2013
    gipsylass wrote: »
    Just tested for a bit after the latest patch and I'm under the impression that split shot has gotten weaker. Maybe it's my imagination, what does everybody else think?
    I've also taken a look at the paragon powers and they seem to be very, very weak. I mean - for example - 81 - 94 damage for a *Daily*? Is this a typo? Same goes for the encounters.
    One week to go and still hoping for an enhancement of the ranger powers... please!

I had the same impression for split shot after this patch (see comments page 65) with my level 15-16 HR. I regeared the character and got back to acceptable levels of performance, but it was such a down turn in power I considered deleting and starting it again. Now with 231 power and a 62-76 bow the tooltip says 117-352 damage, but I had to minimize Defense/Deflect on gear and maximize Power/Crit to get back to satisfactory levels.

No it isn't a typo on Disruptive Shot, my level 16 says 148-174, my level 60 says 1081-1287 damage with 2 pips in it and Predatory Action (feat that pumps Daily damage) and a 426-521 bow with 2645 total Power. With its noticeable daze effect on things not immune to CC I find Disruptive with its 1-2 uses in a tough fight, and 2-4 in a boss fight, quite handy.
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
  • blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited November 2013
    ​AOE too small for any real benefit. Should be a larger area, to be able to take in more of the enemy.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Actually to me split shot seems a bit more better than previous patches. Before it would take like 3 shots with it to kill weak mobs, now it is like one or two hits. And my gear hasn't changed
    edited November 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Actually to me split shot seems a bit more better than previous patches. Before it would take like 3 shots with it to kill weak mobs, now it is like one or two hits. And my gear hasn't changed

Same that along with its quick release play make its a bit better now probly even better then rapid fire sadly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.