• manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Positives:
    1. PE looked very cool
    2. Masks look great

Negatives:
    1. Pure grind, and painful at that
    2. Coolest masks (IMO) are a) temporary and b) can't be used for transmuting helmets - if the Illusionists can wear them with armor robes, why can't we?
    3. No option for Mask's mask

The grind might not have been as bad if the turn in wasn't so painful on top of the cost of the masks and companion, all but the complaint about the achievements nailed my feeling on the event.

I get it, I understand that people did successfully get the companion and some were fast with getting companions and masks. The thing is unless you have the weekend off it was very difficult to actually get the items from the event with it being a 5 day event.

I'd say expand it by a week (or two) Make the charm turn in a stationary vendor by the quest giver - have the NPCs in the costumes around PE give temporary buff items (IE Candy that gives buffs) and have them give out charms, and the helms at random, much like the pumpkins gave.

Keep the pumpkins around the enclave that have the liar's charms.

Adding in something similar to the Sune event specific instance would have been ideal as well, not necessarily having it the focus of the entire event but another location for some form of daily quest and events. From what I've seen in the RP channel, a lot of people preferred the sune event over this one, the Waukeen event and the Tamora's events.

I barely participated in this event, choosing instead to continue with other dailies and only occasionally bothering with the Masquerade on my main characters. I was very unimpressed by this event.
    With the number of toons I have this is the first event they have done that I have not felt like I got a lot accomplished. The large amount needed to get a skeleton companion and my limited play time I was not able to accomplish a lot with my characters.

In the future, maybe take into consideration people with limited play time and multiple toons having the ability to at least feel like they accomplished something during the event.

I did enjoy the decorations and they mask looked great even though I could only obtain the temporary ones and that was not anything I was going to waste my resources on.

This as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • kinosh30kinosh30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Event was useless.....Need to fire all the people who took part in making the event. I mean Come on Masks? Should have gone farther with it and then giving us all monster costumes or Maybe farm mask tokens to buy a Custom Character Token....Sigh..so less thoughts into this event. Candy's that gave stats to work in pve/pvp. OMG who do i go stabb for not thinking up these ideas? OR maybe some EVIL looking weapon/Armor skins Geez The Skys the limit! :/ Thats what this game thrives for!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    took me 200 charms on 5 days.
    the liar master rewarded with 5? then each time get longer and longer to wait for 5 charms? it should have been 25 charms.
    made another run before event pulled out and i barely got another 100 charms
    with too many items on event merchant and not enough charms just made me feel burned.
    i only got 1 mask, i refused to buy any temporary items that go away in few hours.

seem the devs cant even count right for this short event, i guess i feel forced to wait for next year :(
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The event didn't offer anything that motivated me to participate, especially with all the runaround required. The decorations were nice, though, as many have mentioned.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I managed to get 600 tokens on one character and got the skeleton. Don't know who I am going to give it to, but none of my current characters are guaranteed to be sticking around.

Another character, my devout cleric, who is most likely to stick around, went ahead and got an owl mask. I had considered a second skeleton, but no. Not after that first grind.

Otherwise, I invested in a bunch of dye packs. I'll use them. Or sell them. Or give them away. Whatever.

I really only have an issue with the achivement.
    I was in the process of making a character and re-making another, and as it turned out I 'finalized' them (such as any of them are truly final) one day too late to get all of the lore entries from the mission.

But the "Witness to Mask" achievement (or whatever it was called) I got on a character or three, but it isn't in the journal anywhere.
    They need to fix this, and maybe add some more achievements to the event.

And, of course, if more items were added to the vendor list in the future, I wouldn't complain about that, either.

I just know that grinding for that skeleton was quite a grind.
    I am not saying to reduce the grind, though... It's one of those things. Clearly the companion was the big prize, so it shouldn't be easy to get.

Would a blue BoP companion at a higher price justify maybe dropping the price on the green skeleton? People that wanted to grind for the blue companion could do so, but the 'average' player might more easily be able to get a basic skeleton?
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I managed to get 600 tokens on one character and got the skeleton. Don't know who I am going to give it to, but none of my current characters are guaranteed to be sticking around.

Another character, my devout cleric, who is most likely to stick around, went ahead and got an owl mask. I had considered a second skeleton, but no. Not after that first grind.

Otherwise, I invested in a bunch of dye packs. I'll use them. Or sell them. Or give them away. Whatever.

I really only have an issue with the achivement.
    I was in the process of making a character and re-making another, and as it turned out I 'finalized' them (such as any of them are truly final) one day too late to get all of the lore entries from the mission.

But the "Witness to Mask" achievement (or whatever it was called) I got on a character or three, but it isn't in the journal anywhere.
    They need to fix this, and maybe add some more achievements to the event.

And, of course, if more items were added to the vendor list in the future, I wouldn't complain about that, either.

I just know that grinding for that skeleton was quite a grind.
    I am not saying to reduce the grind, though... It's one of those things. Clearly the companion was the big prize, so it shouldn't be easy to get.

Would a blue BoP companion at a higher price justify maybe dropping the price on the green skeleton? People that wanted to grind for the blue companion could do so, but the 'average' player might more easily be able to get a basic skeleton?

you could mail the skeleton companion to yourself and it would still be there for any character you were to create (if you deleted a character to create one).
  • fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As Zebular rightly pointed out, the top prize should always be achievable by just completing the daily quests for the duration of the event... you could grind a bit if you wanted extra stuff for your characters.

On the final day of the event, you should have been able to purchase the either the Skeleton or all 3 masks outright had you done the daily quests throughout the event duration.

It's sad that the amazing in-game atmosphere created for the event was overshadowed by the token and reward system.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    The aesthetics were quality. In fact, Protector's Enclave looks good at night. Would be nice if they allowed you to alternate between day and night when in PE.

I just stashed some event dyes as I think they look good.

Overall it was an enjoyable little event.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Addition to my previous post.
    I did like the Lore they had, tied in nicely to "The Sundering" storyline. Won't spoil for those who haven't read book 2 "The Godborn" yet.

The achievement does need to be fixed, so that it shows up for those of us who managed to complete it. Although it was by sheer luck on my part since I did not grind out the tokens. The points do show up in achievement point total, it was worth 25 points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terhikkiterhikki Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2013
    Event that looked great. Nothing to gain from it though. Got some achievement too, but didn't notice it had any meaning.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ugh I forgot the event ended yesterday, I ended up with 60 or so extra charms I could have traded for token for the dyes :(
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • fablernfablern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    edit: wrong post.. sry :(
  • pestilence149pestilence149 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Seems quite pitiful that I farm 5 BoP Masks on all my main characters just to see the mask clip on 4/5 characters. This is the Mask of the Pitfiend, on most any haircut with bangs they cut through the top and sides of the mask which I spent hours upon hours of farming. Not to mention I even changed my main characters hairstyle with a appearance change token before equipping the mask to have the proper colour of hair, the hairstyle I had switched to clips the mask and the hairstyle I had taken OFF was the only hairstyle that does not clip through the mask. Which makes me wonder, do you guys even test any of your event items/wear them with different races/hairstyles? I still have a mask of Llira that the hair clips right through! Get on one of your graphic designers and get him to fix our fashion items!

A test would be nice in advance if you expect me to waste hours upon hours farming this junk, if not just make it BoE so I can spend my hard-earned AD and just buy this junk so I am not so upset about having farmed this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> five seperate times.

/endofRant,
    Pestilence
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    Gladiators of Dhara (Easy) & (Hard)
    ELIGIBLE FOR THE DAILY FOUNDRY REWARDS!
    Search by Best : Name/Summary/Short-Code ; Gladiators
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome please enjoy!
    edited November 2013
    There is tons of clipping in many of the regular equipment pieces, like the noses of dwarves poking through most of the GF helmets, and the spikes of horse barding clipping through capes, and the dangling cloth of most high level armour clipping through boots or vice versa, and so forth. I don't see why you expected the Halloween event items to be any better than the norm.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The nigh-unavoidable "skirt" on higher level armours clips through capes too. And the at-rest position of your sword stabs right though the hip plates on GF armours. Likewise, you'd expect the cape on a GWF to have been cut to ribbons from having a sword poking through it constantly.

I did get the cat ears for many characters though, and like how they look.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited November 2013
    The clipping of 'skirts' on high level armours is the reason I transmute just about every armour on my level 60s. The cat ears did turn out nice. My girl has them on two characters with very different hairstyles, and they look quite good on both.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And don't forget the pants clipping through some boots too!
    Yeah I wish they could be more careful and test their armors on several different chars to see how does it look.
    In general I try to ask around about a certain item before buying it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Addition to my previous post.
    I did like the Lore they had, tied in nicely to "The Sundering" storyline. Won't spoil for those who haven't read book 2 "The Godborn" yet.

If they bloody released it on iBooks I would be a lot happier... :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited November 2013
    So my post gets moved because their is "too" much complaining about the event? Do your job and fix the pixels you put out, shouldn't blame us for spending AD transmuting or wearing an item because they didn't test it on a few different sets of faces/bodies so the item clips horribly through your characters face/body etc. Add a little bit of effort in and fix the things you put out, its quite unreasonable that you can charge 1 million ad for a junk "hat of the arcane wanderer" that makes you completely bald because they were too lazy to edit hairstyles to fit with it. GG Cryptic, stop being lazy and go fix a few minor things or assign one of the artists to do the job and get it done!

-Pestilence
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

• korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited November 2013
    This was the worst event they have done yet. I am hoping they tweak it alot next year. If any event uses the same method procuring rewards with a huge price tag on them I will not even bother with it.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its quite unreasonable that you can charge 1 million ad for a junk "hat of the arcane wanderer" that makes you completely bald because they were too lazy to edit hairstyles to fit with it.

Fixed on preview.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited November 2013
    Fixed on preview.

Thank god, now do I have to wait 6+ months for the Mask of the Pitfiend from the Halloween event to be fixed?
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)