Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Split the Sky is a skill that you get at 30 points
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well we just took a team of 3HRs and 1 60DC through CT... well that was fast and easy. Yes the DC topped the damage table but the HRs certainly held their own.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    obviouslydrizztobviouslydrizzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    umaeko wrote: »
    Type: Feedback
    Category: Gameplay (animations)

The Hunter Ranger's idle standing animation seems to have the character look down at the floor. It feels really off to me to have an 'archer' character stare at the ground so. This was experienced playing a female wood elf hunter ranger.
    A desirable fix to that could be to simply tilt the chin a few degrees up so that the character might look straight ahead.

Type: Feedback
    Category: Gear (animations)

The positioning of the Hunter Ranger's bow weapon is very jarring to the eye, as it really juts out to the right side of the character. To me it's an unpleasant immersion breaker that's constantly there.
    Desirably, the bow ought to have a more centered position in the character's back to mitigate this. I'd also ask that the bow's stowed position be vertically adjusted in order to be at an equal distance both the character's head and posterior (as is, the bow is very close to the head, but floats conspicuously farther from the lower back).

I second all of this. At least tilt the chin up and move the bow a bit so the gameplay feels more immersive. I've been looking forward to this since the first day of beta and I'd really like to see it turn out well. Thanks.
  • Options
    centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    when the ranger launches will it have a second path also ?

I have tried 1-36 so far for storm warden, is there any plans on second path?

kind regards
  • Options
    dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Hunter Visual Appearance
    Hunters dont seem to have the quiver and arrows they were initially previewed to have upon thier backs. Making the bow hanging from thier back seem odd with nothing to hang on to, and no source to where the arrows they seem to shoot come from.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can we can a cosmetic quiver?
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some armors do have the quiver in the back. Sadly, the one i had doesnt display any arrows tho.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Some armors do have the quiver in the back. Sadly, the one i had doesnt display any arrows tho.

Yeah I know, just feels odd for some armors to have it and some dont. A ranger with no arrows isnt really a ranger. Arrows should be present as long as a bow is equipped. Its like a GF without a sword.
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Power: Steel Breeze
    Increase the rank don't give effect.

Bug: Feats: Retreat Techinque
    Don't work
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vinlol wrote: »
    ===Possible Build?===

Since getting 60 on my ranger I found out that encounter damage is terrible, the slots are better off used for utility
    so we should just use At-Will for damage with buffs.
    Of course the ranger won't have the same encounter damage as other classes, he can use twice as many of them in the same time.
  • Options
    arcaelusarcaelus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have been playing the Ranger class and I have to say. It is the most fun I have had yet. The Class is a well rounded, strategy provoking class. You can not just sit there and take dmg, you have the think. Even though it has some bugs at the moment. I will not repeat the bugs I found because they have been posted all ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    enzodod wrote: »
    Can anyone explain how the class feature Aspect of the serpent works? Don't really understand the tool tip info.

Aspect of the Serpent: While in "Ranged" stance, every time you hit an enemy you gain a stack of "Serpent Melee buff" (up to 5), switch stance to melee and attack, each mob that you strike in melee uses 1 charge from the stack. Once all 5 are used up you then start stacking "Serpent Ranged buff" (up to 5), then you switch stances again to use up the ranged bonus. Rinse and repeat.

Combined with the feats that can increase damage/deflect severity when stance switching it can be useful.

I love Aspect of the Serpent, it fits my HR play style quite well. I usually open with Thorn Ward->Constricting Arrow-> Switch to melee-> Marauder's Charge to melee range-> Thorn Strike-> Steel Breeze (the melee aspect to constricting arrow)-> Stance switch to ranged-> Marauder's Escape to create distance-> Split Shot.

I have been enjoying the ranger, and it keeps getting better.
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BUG: Binding Arrow goes through cc immunity's (like unstoppable) when its a form of CC and any immunity's should prevent it.

To edit, just tested Impossible To Catch against it on TR, it breaks the root or when immune to all, wont even land.

So this is a defo bug on GWF'S when using unstoppable and it not breaking it.

Lets see if it goes live after its been reported.
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I agree with other posts saying that Hunter Ranger is staring at the ground which makes it quite mournful. Maybe it's not a huge thing but still it makes you wanna stop playing :)

As a class it has crazy damage on first levels, can't wait to check other abilities.
  • Options
    djtlitedjtlite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here are my complaints with the class: it doesnt reward mixing melee and range as much at higher levels. Theres a single feat each in the first two feat trees that reward the mixed style, and while arguments can be made for the animal themed powers, they focus far too heavily on ranged. I understand this is our "ranged" dps class but still, the only powers i look at as valuable to that build for me are ones i got before i hit paragon. The paragon path's encounter requires being hit and seems ok for playing with a party but solo ranger wont enjoy it as much, plus static aoe that relies on me being in it isnt good, i shift far too much. I dont wanna play solely ranged, i dont wanna be a wannabe TR and i dont wanna buff the party with this class. I wanna switch between blades and bow and dodge enemies while peppering them with arrows one second and mauling them with blades them the next without shortchanging my build.
  • Options
    incestuosaincestuosa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rangers duo in Dread Vault

Pagan - Ranger tanker full suport (Nature)
    Archblade - Ranger full damage (Archery)

Enjoy =)

8ly1.jpg
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    feedback
    class seems interesting in concept, but for me it feels like halfarsed mix of tr minus all the cool stuff and cw minus all the cool stuff. encounters feel about as useless and boring as gwf's, i dont even want to use them, except the backjump-whatshisface and use at-wills - seems best option for avoiding damage. playing i dont feel either being archer(the class i hoped this would be) spraying enemies with arrows while dodging attacks, ur better off as cw without using/using single target encounters for that, nor a good melee fighter evading attacks and outsmarting/outmaneuvering enemies like tr. as if the class was made so we could have 2478956232 Drizzt wannabes running around without being op, though i think this class will excel at abusing every bug/dumb AI in every dungeon.

i dont feel it the mobile in and out class it should have been, ofc if it was it was broken OP in pvp.

nice that there are ppl that like it but i guess ill have to wait forever for my archer

• Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Looks like HR will become my new goto class whenever I need another praying dummy. With Split Shots ability to one-shot whole groups right from the start you can rush through level 10 faster than with any other class.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BUG: The Crit Severity base drops for each level of Black Arrow added.

Crit_Sev.jpg

The crit damage has increased with each level of Black Arrow so it may just be the Character Sheet visual bug.
  • Options
    drajandrajan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Quick context: I played at launch but quit shortly thereafter, almost entirely due to a) the lack of classes, and b) the lack of options within each class for armor/weapons. Ranger has been my favorite class since 1st edition, and of all of the possible 4e variations on Ranger, I really like the direction chosen with the Hunter Ranger - love the melee/range hybrid. So I am giving feedback mostly as a newbie to NWO as well - my highest level was a 12 level TR before I quit, and I have only played the Hunter Ranger on preview to level 15.

Ranger Feedback: General
    Love the feel and a lot of the creative decisions made for combat mechanics. The narrowing cone on Split Shot to enable both AOE and single target in a single skill is really well done.

Ranger Feedback: Appearance
    I agree with the people who don't like the way the character is "looking down". Feels very off, and I would prefer just looking forward. Would love to see more armor options that are less "stylized". I also really don't like the look of the bow on the back. I'd prefer to just to see a quiver and only see the bow come out when the player switches stances. Maybe use the "disable visuals" option on the bow to toggle whether or not it appears on the back.

Ranger Feedback: Weapon Choices
    With the short scimitars it really feels just like the TR daggers. I'd rather have more options like two short swords, a short sword and a knife, and my personal preference, a single longsword - it would just be cosmetic anyway - do the same damage, etc. with a single longsword as the two mini-scimitars used now, just a different visual. Just like Private Quickfoot, longsword and a quiver. I'd also prefer to see the right-hand weapon facing forward rather than back, to further differentiate it from the TR dagger usage.

Ranger Feedback: Combat
    In general, love the combat. However, I'm not sure how the dodge mechanic is supposed to work, so I'm a bit confused by it. I also noticed that if I dodge backward with a bow I continue facing my opponent, but if I dodge backward with swords it faces me away from the opponent. I also had trouble figuring out what Split Strike was for. I tried dodging back and then using it to jump back at my opponent, but dodging back turned me around so that I couldn't use it without first turning around again and retargeting. Maybe it's just that I am at a low level, but it wasn't clear how I should use it. Also, the dodge animation seems to suggest that you are stealthing while you dodge - is this accurate? Can you do a series of dodges in a row and stealth by something?

General NWO Feedback: Miscellaneous
    Since I'm just coming back to NWO based on the Hunter Ranger, I thought I mention a few things that struck me when playing over a few hours. First, the run-speed seems really slow compared to other games. Second, I find myself turning off the sound every time I rest at a campfire or elsewhere because the music is too frenetic. Maybe have something calmer at a campfire to give psychological breaks in the gameplay. Third, I frequently see NPC's with an appearance I would rather have: Private Quickfoot or the Well Informed Harper next to Scout Gaelen are examples. I played another game had the same issue early its evolution and finally realized that a lot of people wanted the more normal looking appearance rather than the highly stylzed one. Would love to see more options here, particularly early on and not have to wait until late in the game to get an appearance you like.
  • Options
    centur1ancentur1an Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi there

Feedback

Ive played the class to 40 so far and i like some aspects of it not sure if this is a contender to replace any class however as it seems to be a Hybrid rather than a full class imho.

Dodge mechanic seems a little wierd, its more like he or she is ducking an attack than dodging :) can this perhaps be removed/changed and perhaps a jump back side step added like our encounter (if anyone has played tera, this mechanic would suit the HR a jump back and twist) alternatively the Side step mechanic would be good

Melle skills are good animations and fun, :) quite few good ones however the DPS in melle stance is far below that or any melle class currently 1-30*

Ranged skills Aimed shot - Is this supposed to be interupted by Everything? as it has the same animation as Hawks-Shot but unlike this skill is interupted,

Ranged Skills Electric shot - seems very good for aoe sitations however the DPS of the inital shot is so low? and the animation is very slow, Can this be increased 50% and the dps upped more? maybe make it a charge skill Like split shot?

Ranged skill Split the Sky Awesome !!! good DPs, Nice slows and with the Trait/feat can keep this up quite often,

Question:

For the Devs/Mods -Is there a plan for a second path on release? if so Melle or More Ranged DPs or C/c Path

Edit:

Ok think ill wait till all the bugs are fixed including casting and response times and movement as this seems to be a VERY bad handicap weakness, Dodge skill also pretty meh in terms of distance could use 10-12 metres

Deleted my lvl 42 Character as I just died 13 times in the same quest layer ha-ha
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Feats: Aspect of the Pack
    Don't work with augment companion. With others companions is working so it should also working with augment because theoretically companion is near me.
  • Options
    thraexisthraexis Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dashing(shift): when i dash i sometimes
    dash twice instead of once.

Rain of arrows: this encounter aoe needs
    to be slighty bigger by 5ft maybe.

Aim shot: Needs to be like storm pillar,
    and based the damage on how long you held down.

Electro shot: the damage for this atwill is way
    to low.

Split the sky: this encounter damage is a bit
    over kill but fun to use.

forest ghost: should be allowed to cast this daily
    while moving.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Feedback
    I agree with practically all the complaints already listed, so I won't repeat them here. But I do want to revisit the *issue* of dagger/knife/blade rewards before level 10. HR cannot use melee blades until level 10.

WHY then have I received four (4!) different sets of melee blades during my 1-through-10 levels? Not just drops, but one super chest gives me *blades* that are quickly out-valued within another level or two, and STILL not able to use them. By the time I finally reached level 10 and able to use the melee aspect, it felted like wasted loot (including and especially the wasted super chest reward).

Side note: one of the super chests gave me a d20 Die. I don;t think I've ever seen this reward before - at least not since closed beta. WTF is that for? Description says NOTHING about it. I know what it is and what it does in a table-top game, but what the deck is it for in NW? It wouldn't equip. So I just double-clicked it in inventory - nothing apparent happened (in other words: same result I saw in closed beta: nothing). I feel so cheated. -sigh-

Final side note in general: I like the changes to Blacklake zone, but I also agree that the Sewer Instance Water-Pool levers-puzzle is greatly missed.
  • Options
    goislimatgoislimat Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BUG: Twin-Blade Storm: when this class ability is active, the damage is NOT calculated correctly. Only the bonus damage from the Twin-Blade Storm is applied and the damage of the skill that attacks multiple targets is NOT calculated.
  • Options
    katamizaakatamizaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug : Power: Oak Skin:
    The healing effect can be deflected.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug: Power: Binding Arrow
    The power not always apply the Heavy Grasping Roots effect if used after other powers..
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rain of arrows - Cast time is too high for such a small AoE. Damage is good but even used with grasping roots the roots are just about finished by the time it's done casting. far too much of the DoT goes to waste.
    It would be my opinion to make it have either
    A) much faster casting time
    B) much larger AoE area
    or
    C) instant damage (much like DC regular Daunting light)
    21.jpg
  • Options
    draugotdraugot Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Feedback
    I agree with practically all the complaints already listed, so I won't repeat them here. But I do want to revisit the *issue* of dagger/knife/blade rewards before level 10. HR cannot use melee blades until level 10.

WHY then have I received four (4!) different sets of melee blades during my 1-through-10 levels? Not just drops, but one super chest gives me *blades* that are quickly out-valued within another level or two, and STILL not able to use them. By the time I finally reached level 10 and able to use the melee aspect, it felted like wasted loot (including and especially the wasted super chest reward).
    [/I].

You still get the stat bonus for the equipped blades even though you do not have the melee attacks. So I just think of them as the off hand equipment no different than the sword knot, talisman or icon until level 10.
  • Options
    dongargondongargon Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Feedback
    First off, I am glad we have a new addition to classes we have to pick from. I enjoy leveling from 1 to 60 with the Hunter Ranger(HR), except for a couple of exception. I never felt the need to switch stance for melee even though, I was been attack close by enemies. I still stilled used by bow to finish off enemies. I only use melee "at wills" and "encounters to get first impression to see what they do. My suggestion for fixing this is to make the HR switch weapons base on range of the enemy automatically. The tab skill should be an ability for strategic positioning.

The shift ability for the HR looks more suitable for a TR and the TR shift ability more suitable for a HR. HR should not be able to dual wield and their melee skills should be defensive in nature to allow escape to range. This is prevent to class homogenization, right now the ranger and rogue looks and behave similar in melee range. The HR class can't have the best of both worlds their weakness should be melee range.

The HR daily Forest ghost needs to be change it steps on the TR mechanic of stealth, I would prefer a daily in which I can use grasping root on multiple targets in an area.

I like the class, but I think it has too much of everything it evens takes from some of the nature skills from 4e Seeker class which is primal and HR is martial.
This discussion has been closed.