test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How To Guide on how to Deal with Tenes

Comments

• Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Actually barkshield counters tenebrous, ( the initial procs atleast) but there is a counter to this counter ( counterception :D)

And since PvP is about burst damage, not about how much damage you will build up on X target in X time, is what gives tenebrous superiority. Also because it scales with your HP, so is good for your if you are making survive ability build... dark enchants could be better if you aren't stacking alot of HP. It is really hard to calculate the exact numbers of dark vs tene because there are tons of parameters that can sometimes make rank 10 darks have the edge and sometimes tene have the edge also take in account that armor pen get diminishing returns after 2.5k. Best thing is run ACT Parser after the nerf and compare ( if you can afford the unslotting process xD)

About CW vs sent GWF, if a CW can beat 1 vs 1 a sent GWF..the sent GWF should delete his character :P.

I've beat plenty. A CW can stack plenty of regen and hp and kite long enough to survive any sentinel burst. I also play a sentinel GWF and a GF so I know exactly what they are going to do against me. I'll also say there are a lot of horribad CWs in pvp.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok so I got on my character, Looked at his current crit of 993 which = +8% crit on my GF.

He has a total of 15% crit right now.

IF I swapped out ALL of my GTE for R10 Azure id have (300*6=1800).

Well I equipped my pet which adds 879 crit, so really close to HALF of 3 R10s, when I do that, my crit jumps to 13.1% at a value of 1872.

I then took off 175 crit which dropped my crit .9% so lets forget even further dim returns and say that right now, .9% crit = 175.

Well (1800-879= 921) 921/175 = 5.26 * .9% crit = 4.73% more crit chance.

Again, at 1872 I have a TOTAL of 20.1% crit, adding the remaining crit listed above, Id then have 24.74% crit total.

So I went from 15% to 24.74% crit from SIX R10 AZURE. Thats less than 10% more crit.

Sure I can throw on a perf vorpal and then get some nice crits, but even after the nerf, depending exactly how they are going to do it, 6 GTE will STILL be more damage than <10% more crit chance...

Just some stuff I was considering :) Free stat info for you all.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

About CW vs sent GWF, if a CW can beat 1 vs 1 a sent GWF..the sent GWF should delete his character :P.

You must be joking. Kaos, Desidus and I (to name a few CWs) would have to start a very, very long list of Sents to delete. You must play against some really crappy CWs.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    I've beat plenty. A CW can stack plenty of regen and hp and kite long enough to survive any sentinel burst. I also play a sentinel GWF and a GF so I know exactly what they are going to do against me. I'll also say there are a lot of horribad CWs in pvp.

Kite, yes. Kill, no. I can also assure you there are alot of horrible sentinels out there.

Today i was vs 2 of them ( wont say the guild name since mods would jump on me for naming and shaming) and i was able to kill them 1 vs 1.
    You must be joking. Kaos, Desidus and I (to name a few CWs) would have to start a very, very long list of Sents to delete. You must play against some really crappy CWs.

You aren't even using the proper gear for PvP, gateway shows that you are pure PvE build. Unless you got another gear for PvP.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited October 2013
    Kite, yes. Kill, no. I can also assure you there are alot of horrible sentinels out there.

Today i was vs 2 of them ( wont say the guild name since mods would jump on me for naming and shaming) and i was able to kill them 1 vs 1.

Ok I'm not going to argue since you obviously don't realize how much a CW can debuff and damage you. If you're a GWF and you see Netherstorm in your pvp match just challenge me to a 1v1.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Ok I'm not going to argue since you obviously don't realize how much a CW can debuff and damage you. If you're a GWF and you see Netherstorm in your pvp match just challenge me to a 1v1.

No thanks, too scared. :confused:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Roar
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

+1 to this Trace.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    YAY more math!

Got on my GF, who has 1399 ARP. He has 25 Dex with fire buff which TOTAL gives him:

29.3% equiv ARP.

if I took out ALL my GTE and put 6 R10 darks... Id go from 1400 to 3200 ARP.

Went on my TR and took off gear to get to 3325 ARP. Which gives 27.6 equiv ARP. so pretty close to 3200.

So in TOTAL:

my ARP would go from 29.3% to 42%, a little over a 12% damage boost in arp.

That damage, only applies to DC/GF/GWF as well... not CW/TR.

So are the changes to tene gonna make it do LESS than 12%? and thats R10 darks....
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    YAY more math!

Got on my GF, who has 1399 ARP. He has 25 Dex with fire buff which TOTAL gives him:

29.3% equiv ARP.

if I took out ALL my GTE and put 6 R10 darks... Id go from 1400 to 3200 ARP.

Went on my TR and took off gear to get to 3325 ARP. Which gives 27.6 equiv ARP. so pretty close to 3200.

So in TOTAL:

my ARP would go from 29.3% to 42%, a little over a 12% damage boost in arp.

That damage, only applies to DC/GF/GWF as well... not CW/TR.

So are the changes to tene gonna make it do LESS than 12%? and thats R10 darks....

*Gets pop corn to inb4 the next tene rage*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *Gets pop corn to inb4 the next tene rage*

ERMAHGERD! IVE DONE 20k BULL rush without critting! R5 darks will > Tene! ERMAHGERD!
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In the meanwhile, rank 7 darks at 650k at the AH.

Humans, you really are a greedy bunch...
  • Options
    gerftyloggerftylog Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2013

OMG TENES

DERP

http://www.twitch.tv/freeskier428/c/3106793

p6mfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gerftylog wrote: »

Lol , Kaos got 3 shotted xD. loved the entangling force x)

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Roar <-- CW first world's problem.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Lol , Kaos got 3 shotted xD. loved the entangling force x)

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Roar <-- CW first world's problem.

Gerfty is stacked with all Greater Tenebrous. Desidus and I from Complaints Department (Gerfty's Guild) have talked at length about there being no good solution for a CW dueling a GT Regen Sentinel. I sure as hell can't duel one. This is one of the many reasons I'm looking forward to the fix.

Non-Tenebrous Sentinels tend not to be an issue. What is a "first world's" problem, by the way?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Gerfty is stacked with all Greater Tenebrous. Desidus and I from Complaints Department (Gerfty's Guild) have talked at length about there being no good solution for a CW dueling a GT Regen Sentinel. I sure as hell can't duel one. This is one of the many reasons I'm looking forward to the fix.

Non-Tenebrous Sentinels tend not to be an issue. What is a "first world's" problem, by the way?

A smart Cw will rarely get caught by Roar. I know I rarely do....
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • Options
    edited October 2013

A smart Cw will rarely get caught by Roar. I know I rarely do....

So you went against non tene sentinels and considered them decent? xD

I mean you both clearly don't even know how GWF mechanic works, A sent GWF without tene is 30% less damage.

So i assume that Kaos isn't so smart as you claimed:

, since he didn't dodge roar right? eventhough few posts ago you said that he can "own" sents 1 vs 1...but yeah, apparently your argument only works vs non-tene sents.

Anymore excuses you two have ^^? because if i'm a CW and claim i can beat any sent GWF...it means i can beat ANY sent GWF..not just crappy ones.

Just a little advice, when it comes to PVP, if you wanna prove an argument..you get a video. Since excuses arent really a solid proof and so far from what i saw, your self proclaimed godly CW couldn't beat a ten sentinel.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gerftylog wrote: »

This type of stuff is what I've wrote about again and again... This time is a CW that if I remember correctly was one of the guys posting how GWFs are well, not really hard.

At least he got a few casts on you before dying valiantly, compared to other CWs I just saw jumping around in desperation whenever GWF started towards them.
    few posts ago you said that he can "own" sents 1 vs 1...but yeah, apparently your argument only works vs non-tene sents.

Anymore excuses you two have ^^? because if i'm a CW and claim i can beat any sent GWF...it means i can beat ANY sent GWF..not just crappy ones.

Just a little advice, when it comes to PVP, if you wanna prove an argument..you get a video. Since excuses arent really a solid proof and so far from what i saw, your self proclaimed godly CW couldn't beat a ten sentinel.

Yup... kinda this.

I actually know a video of Tiah dueling Heimdal and winning once, but I have a feeling he didn't have GTEs on him then, I might be wrong, dunno.
  • Options
    trippysmurf1trippysmurf1 Member Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

Trace, if you look back I showed that for a GWF vs a CW, the GWF with tenebrous doesn't lose much damage at all with this nerf. Since they will negate all our armor anyway, the only damage difference from now til the new one will be from our deflect, and if you run a soulforged. The senti GWFs get almost no nerf vs squishies with this, making them that much more deadly to an already OP class and that's really my whole problem with this nerf.
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Tene is the only counter to sentinel gwf's. Armor pen doesn't work because sentinels can self-buff dmg reduction to 110% or so with just base damage reduction plus 50% from unstoppable, mitigating up to 30% armor penetration and still being at the 80% damage reduction cap. Everyone should go gwf if the nerf happens, the best way to get tene unnerfed..
  • Options
    notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013

Even for PvE my love!
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm excited for the changes to Tenes personally. They are in my opinion purely p2w items requiring no skill whatsoever, and having an enormous advantage over everyone. Never should have been introduced into the game in the first place.

Tene dmg now being affected by defensive stats is awesome.

With 41%deflect, 27%dmg reduction, 7 G-Tenes are going to put a scratch on my little hafling.

It wasn't so much before that I wasn't able to take the damage. It was the burst hits as well as the regen that I was having a problem with, fighting G-Tene TR's.

Now a 5600 burst every 20 seconds turns into 1400, not counting dmg reduction.

Thx Cryptic =P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    I actually know a video of Tiah dueling Heimdal and winning once, but I have a feeling he didn't have GTEs on him then, I might be wrong, dunno.

Tiah came to me and said he needed some footage against a GWF, I changed my rotation to be a "typical" GWF rotation without Roar since at that time, not alot were using it.

We fought about 5-6 times, I only used a daily once on him for fun since I felt like it was cheating (and as you can see from his vid it was insta death when I did, and everytime we fought he used IK on me, I think in one of them he actually used TWO IKs and still didnt win that one.

When he did win, he played very well, but I did not daily while he did, he was slotted only for 1v1s which I think he admits in the video that he normally isnt slotted for that, and he did get some very lucky crits.

Overall,

if a Sent GWF is good and has GTEs, 9/10 he will and should beat a CW 1v1.

Now, there are alot of bad sents with GTE, there are alot of good sents without GTE, thats a WHOLE different boat.

The other thing you guys are forgetting is Gerfty runs briar enchant, so even if you perma CC him and stay away, anytime you hit him, theres a high chance hell get all 7 tene procs.

SO EVEN if you play perfect and Gerfty mashes his face on the keyboard, or just spams tab the whole fight, its still gonna come out with him on top.

Id actually like to see that, Gerfty ONLY using tab and standing still versus degraafination.

Oh yeah, Gerfty also has the last boon, so about 1/3-1/2 of your attacks will deal an additional 400 damage back at you, have fun ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Those of you crying about the tene nerf are in the minority. Many of you complaining about losing real-life money have in fact lost no real-life money because most of your AD came from duping exploits. Go ahead and deny it but the uber competitive guilds have been outed on several occasions by members of your own guilds.

You don't really want to compete with anyone, you want to dominate them with your gear. It's sad really.
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I'm excited for the changes to Tenes personally. They are in my opinion purely p2w items requiring no skill whatsoever, and having an enormous advantage over everyone. Never should have been introduced into the game in the first place.

Tene dmg now being affected by defensive stats is awesome.

With 41%deflect, 27%dmg reduction, 7 G-Tenes are going to put a scratch on my little hafling.

It wasn't so much before that I wasn't able to take the damage. It was the burst hits as well as the regen that I was having a problem with, fighting G-Tene TR's.

Now a 5600 burst every 20 seconds turns into 1400, not counting dmg reduction.

Thx Cryptic =P

I guess when you're having trouble with something, its the games fault, not yours. Everyone in this thread that are happy for Tene nerfs are the same people that will complain about something else once Tenes are nerfed. The same people that can't afford or put in the time to get good gear/enchants. The competative landscape isnt going to change with this, the same people that are on top will remain on top. It's been nearly half a year since this game has been up, if you just joined then this isn't directed at you, but if you've been here for a while now and still complain, you simply to need to l2p or accept the fact that you're bad.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You don't really want to compete with anyone, you want to dominate them with your gear. It's sad really.

You're a non-factor and will remain a non-factor in pvp with this attitude. "Uber-competative" guilds? Lol, how about just people who know how to play and have put the money/time into making their characters stronger.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    I guess when you're having trouble with something, its the games fault, not yours. Everyone in this thread that are happy for Tene nerfs are the same people that will complain about something else once Tenes are nerfed. The same people that can't afford or put in the time to get good gear/enchants. The competative landscape isnt going to change with this, the same people that are on top will remain on top. It's been nearly half a year since this game has been up, if you just joined then this isn't directed at you, but if you've been here for a while now and still complain, you simply to need to l2p or accept the fact that you're bad.

Very untrue. I believe the rest of the PVP scene is extremely balanced. Again, the closest matches I've had are rainbow PMvPM with neither team having Tenebrous. Personally, I'd like to see them completely wiped, but I know that will not happen. I'd also like to see clerics buffed a little more. And it says something when Tenebrous users come out and say they're OP: Blessing, Curse, and Swordfish, for instance.

And calling us "bad players" because we see a clear imbalance in the game? Classy. Real classy.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Very untrue. I believe the rest of the PVP scene is extremely balanced. Again, the closest matches I've had are rainbow PMvPM with neither team having Tenebrous. Personally, I'd like to see them completely wiped, but I know that will not happen. I'd also like to see clerics buffed a little more. And it says something when Tenebrous users come out and say they're OP: Blessing, Curse, and Swordfish, for instance.

And calling us "bad players" because we see a clear imbalance in the game? Classy. Real classy.

I am excited to see the changes in tenes, and how the game will be. I agree with tene bypassing dodge, deflect for example has always been non-sense.
    But i can't agree with cleric being buffed lol. there are clerics that even against tenes ppl they are more tanky than any gwf.
    you buff too much cleric you will make this game become SWTOR PvP, where the team has no healer CAN'T even think in try to play the match.
    or the team that has 2 healers are unkilleable, or if both team has clerics no one dies.
    so no, don't need buff clerics in my opinion, it is fine the way it is. just look for some very strong clerics and you will see it.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And calling us "bad players" because we see a clear imbalance in the game?

There is only imbalance if you don't have them, its as simple as that. If you don't have Perfect Enchants then there is imbalance when you play against someone who does. If you have rank 5s and play against someone with rank 10s, there is imbalance. If you have T2 gear and play against someone in Blues, there is imbalance. That doesnt prove anything. All that it tells you is that better items are better. So shall we start nerfing the best of the best because the casual population can't get them?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    You're a non-factor and will remain a non-factor in pvp with this attitude. "Uber-competative" guilds? Lol, how about just people who know how to play and have put the money/time into making their characters stronger.

Gctrl get over yourself dude. Your guild has had some of the worst exploiters in the game. I'm a competitive player without the need for the tene crutch. It's just funny how much you guys are crying over a much needed fix to a very broken enchant. You should welcome a more even playing field rather than get upset over it.

I've put a lot of time into my characters so the insinuation that those of us without rank 10s, perfects, and greater tenes don't is just silly. People like me are the ones that actually earned our gear legit without using dup exploits, bots, etc... I know that you joined LS a little bit later, but it is well known that most of the originators of your guild are major exploiters. Playing the work hard ethic (in a video game on top of it) doesn't fly with your guild.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You should welcome a more even playing field rather than get upset over it.

Alright, so when Tenes get nerfed, I'll be seeing you around in pvp then right? Your guild will be doing premades? Doubtful. This game has been around for nearly half a year. If you're still complaining now you will always be complaining.