test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The top PvP guilds of the other servers?

Comments

• slezkislezki Member Posts: 0
    edited September 2013
    omenjsj wrote: »
    I am an Officer in Nightmare Inc., we are not a full main pvp guild but we like to get good groups together, we mainly try to gear our newer members through t2's ect.

That being said, I have faced SB several times...I am still picking up pieces of armor and limbs afterwards. We do from time to time provide some challenge. On beholder there are some decent premade pvp and some bad ones. When we do get a que with even 3 silent blade members in it, I know the pressure is on.

The difference I have seen playing against SB and other guilds in pvp is.....they play as a team, they don't have someone wandering off to rack scores. If you run into one, more than likely there is about 2 others very close by. This is what I have tried to instill upon my teams.

The other thing I will say about SB is I have never been trashtalked once, and I have even asked how to improve and they have answered. A pretty upstanding guild from what I can tell, that is very skilled at rolling heads.

It would be nice if we could have cross server pvp matches though.

One of your officers did set up a "A team" while i was running with 2 recruits and 1 alt, ended up with us 1v1'ing u guys cause we owned too hard. :)
    gg tho, hope there will be a merge or a "premade" que for pvp so boring with no challanging premades :(
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    this thread is just a ticking time bomb. fact is, there is no rank system or any way for you to measure your digital prowess so asking 'who is the best' is just... conjecture. i mean, pvp isn't even competitively fair enough to justify any claims of greatness. just ask all those people with pvp scorecards as their signatures... out of all those kills, which ones were equally geared as well as you are?

As I said to another poster. The majority choose. Then if someone beats whoever the majority chose (A-team v A-team) they claim the title. Simple really.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    . i mean, pvp isn't even competitively fair enough to justify any claims of greatness. just ask all those people with pvp scorecards as their signatures... out of all those kills, which ones were equally geared as well as you are?

At the end game. I personally feel its very balanced. Rank 7s-10's, Greaters - Perfects. Its fairly even. Perfect Vorpal is tough to deal with, but so is my Greater. Most times unless you are a heavy tanky build, its generally who sees who first, or who has better latency.

My scoreboard sig: I chose to keep it as my sig, because it is the highest number of kills I've gotten in a single 5 vs 5. I'll be the first to admit they were made up of pugs.

I have matches in premades where I was 5-15, and others where I was 35-2. It all depends on the make-up of the team really.

I don't understand why people get so upset over these scoreboard signatures. Does it really bother you that bad enough to flame and ridicule? People that freak out over this need to take a break from PvP in think...
  • gizz0rgizz0r Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There are no Top PvP Guilds only Top (known) Line ups which are very pretty on playing PvP. For example with a mixed premade on 5 good Players (often we are playing Premades with EoA, Silver Sun and Triumph Members on Mindflayer) we're going to wipe out the que + Enemy Guild runs till nobody is queing anymore :P

It's a MMORPG not Counter-strike or Battlefield so competition Threads like this "who is the best yoyo" are not necessary (my opinion).
  • immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    At the end game. I personally feel its very balanced. Rank 7s-10's, Greaters - Perfects. Its fairly even. Perfect Vorpal is tough to deal with, but so is my Greater. Most times unless you are a heavy tanky build, its generally who sees who first, or who has better latency.

I don't know that I agree with this at least from a class balancing perspective. As a DC, I don't feel like I have the tools to keep myself or my team alive or have any truly effective options for defensive play since damage scales upward to a much greater degree than mitigation. That doesn't stop me from trying my hardest to be the best healer I can be, of course, but it does get frustrating at times. That said, I don't want to touch on this too much since it isn't the central discussion of the thread.

One guild that I haven't seen mentioned yet on Mindflayer is the Pro Gamers guild. I don't see their members on often because I think they are EU timezone, but several of their players I've encountered in pugs have been enjoyable to fight. I've never seen a full premade - just one or two of them together max, but I suspect their full team would be on a similar level to Antagony or Forgotten Crew based on my impressions.

-Blessing
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Banelorne is one of the TR characters of a community mod on these forums, who has written a popular build guide and helped lots of people with their characters, and is just generally an all round supportive and classy person.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    One guild that I haven't seen mentioned yet on Mindflayer is the Pro Gamers guild. I don't see their members on often because I think they are EU timezone, but several of their players I've encountered in pugs have been enjoyable to fight. I've never seen a full premade - just one or two of them together max, but I suspect their full team would be on a similar level to Antagony or Forgotten Crew based on my impressions.

I second this. Lately I've seen more of these guys around(cant remember specific names), but they are decent players I enjoyed fighting. Theres another guild that has some good guys on it, I'm assuming its an Asian type of guild. Gwaith something something? Its 3 words, but they are always good to fight against. Never full, but a fiew is enough to make me remember.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seconded. I'd hate to see an interesting thread like this get locked because certain individuals are unable to restrain themselves from trolling.

I don't know that I agree with this at least from a class balancing perspective. As a DC, I don't feel like I have the tools to keep myself or my team alive or have any truly effective options for defensive play since damage scales upward to a much greater degree than mitigation. That doesn't stop me from trying my hardest to be the best healer I can be, of course, but it does get frustrating at times. That said, I don't want to touch on this too much since it isn't the central discussion of the thread.

-Blessing

It's nice to see people making an effort to keep things classy in a PvP-related thread.

And, while I, too, do not want to derail this thread into a full-on class balance discussion, my feelings on the DC class are much the same. The average PUG person sees a highly-geared DC played defensively and tends to think that the class is OP, but they don't see how much anticipation and quick-thinking goes into trying to make a DC relevant against players who know how to bring you down.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Blessing- You can only do so much with your toon/gear. Stick an offensive GWF in your back pocket and that will cure a lot of issues. :D
  • therealjaelustherealjaelus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited September 2013
    Beholder it's definitely Silent Blade, which has a much better quality, since I had the luck to face members that were not as hardcore as the top people in the guild, and they were playing amazingly. Never trash talked, never left even when in PuG and always giving me good runs in 1v1.

I appreciate the kind words. Good sportsmanship is every bit as important to us as skilled play.
    garret_fi.png
  • herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Actually, the only people being not civil is 3 of the 4 members of Complaints Department who decided to come at herk412 just because they're name wasn't mentioned.

Standard behavior by them truthfully.

Whenever someone doesn't worship them or give them the respect they think they earned but cannot give others. They get so mad.

And very predictable.

Dont put a GWF on Blessing.. put a Oppressor / HV wiz or TR wo can Daze Lock and hit hard.
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's nice to run some "organized" cross server pvp matches on the test server, but it would be nice to see with the holidays coming up, a sponsored event by cryptic. They could easily oversee a tourney and hand out special prizes to the top teams. Even sponsor server wide tourneys for the top teams on each server. ect ect.

There is so much they could do. Wish they would. Hope they will.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As I said to another poster. The majority choose. Then if someone beats whoever the majority chose (A-team v A-team) they claim the title. Simple really.

well, i'm sorry to say... this forum does not represent the majority.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Knock off the flaming and keep it civil.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Nice to read good comments about The Silent Blade.
    We are focused PvP guild indeed, and we work hard to increase our abilities through training and teamwork.
    As well, we do not like trashtalking too.
    very good to see that other guilds and players recognize that on us.
    thank you very much.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

It represents the majority willing to post here. The majority willing to voice their opinion.

The majority that matters because they choose to voice their opinion.
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

That's it everybody! Stop posting your opinions! Melodywhr says it doesn't mean anything!
  • b4gshrugsb4gshrugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 69
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    Actually, the only people being not civil is 3 of the 4 members of Complaints Department who decided to come at herk412 just because they're name wasn't mentioned.

Standard behavior by them truthfully.

Whenever someone doesn't worship them or give them the respect they think they earned but cannot give others. They get so mad.

And very predictable.

Dont put a GWF on Blessing.. put a Oppressor / HV wiz or TR wo can Daze Lock and hit hard.

HELLO #1 fanboy. I WUB j000000 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    b4gshrugs wrote: »
    HELLO #1 fanboy. I WUB j000000 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

As much as we all love this particular post, it has become a bit played out after having read it 3-4 times. Please do try and come up with something fresh and original. KTHNXBYE.
    edited September 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    As much as we all love this particular post, it has become a bit played out after having read it 3-4 times. Please do try and come up with something fresh and original. KTHNXBYE.

The only effort a troll gets is a simple copy and paste reply. Why waste more time?
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    b4gshrugs wrote: »
    The only effort a troll gets is a simple copy and paste reply. Why waste more time?

why troll back?
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
    edited September 2013
    zokir wrote: »
    why troll back?

That's not exactly the question that needs to be asked, is it?

Why don't you ask, why does Svetlana have to make every post an insult to Complaints Department as a whole or individuals?

Don't want it? Don't start it. Simple as that.
    edited September 2013
    Knock off the flaming and keep it civil.

Ok im done...

http://s23.postimg.org/6xz96zh8b/Untitled2.jpg

I said my piece.

still undefeated.
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Pass time this thread was locked and retired in my opinion. Seems any type of thread can degrade quickly. *Shrug*

Second thought, carry on...
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ok im done...

http://s23.postimg.org/6xz96zh8b/Untitled2.jpg

I said my piece.

still undefeated.

LOL! I want to point your attention to where it says "5 Vs 4" Also, its hard to lose a match when you leave right away when you know its a tough opponent.

I also find it funny that you feel the need to take a SS of a premade beaten a 4 person pug team where only half the member of that team were CD members (Bless and Shrugs).

It really shows had bad AND insecure you are about your own skills that THAT is the best screen your posting to show how good you are.

I AGAIN find it funny I challenge you to a pre vs pre and you come up with a ton of excuses in game and say that your team decided to part ways for drama reasons. Basically you dont have a team... Maybe thats why you need to post SS like this, because you CANT post SS of other matches....

Come at me in game bro with your best team, well see who wins and leave it there...
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Somebody please close this thread before it spirals even further downward.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Gotta agree....much epeen in this here thread which leads to bad blood.

It's a game folks, lets all just hold hands and sing kumbaya...... too early?
  • immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, this thread is pretty much done :/

It's pretty amazing how quickly it went down the tubes.
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    Actually it wasn't 5v4...

Match was over and someone left... entire match was 5/5... sorry, can't use that as an excuse...

Also we had a team of alt's... Alt's vs Pugs... Sounds even to me.

Why so mad ?
    edited September 2013
    Actually it wasn't 5v4..

Why so mad ?

I'm just curious at what you perceive reality to be. I just feel bad for you, tbh.
This discussion has been closed.