test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The top PvP guilds of the other servers?

clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm from Beholder. An officer in the top PvP guild on that server "The Silent Blade."

I was wondering who the top PvP guilds were on Mindflayer and Dragon.

Regarding this thread
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?495591-Regarding-my-other-thread&p=6154181#post6154181
Post edited by clearlyavirgin on

Comments

• herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Mindflayer probably Essence of Aggresion since the ban waves...

Before that Molon Labe...

there was a misconception Fistful of Zen was the top PvP guild but that was never the case as you could tell from the tournament that was run on Mindflayer...

So yeah... Essence is probably the top PvP guild as a whole.

Edit: there may be a particular guild who will get their feelings hurt but the fact is said guild has 5 people and Essence has over 40 every day players with some real filthy downright good PvP'ers....

I have had the pleasure of meeting some Silent and Lemonade while on Test, testing abilities and rotations and builds for the TR community... and I don't think any team on Mindflayer can rank up there with Lemonade.... with Beholder It's probably a push...
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    Mindflayer probably Essence of Aggresion since the ban waves...

Before that Molon Labe...

there was a misconception Fistful of Zen was the top PvP guild but that was never the case as you could tell from the tournament that was run on Mindflayer...

So yeah... Essence is probably the top PvP guild as a whole.

Edit: there may be a particular guild who will get their feelings hurt but the fact is said guild has 5 people and Essence has over 40 every day players with some real filthy downright good PvP'ers....

I have had the pleasure of meeting some Silent and Lemonade while on Test, testing abilities and rotations and builds for the TR community... and I don't think any team on Mindflayer can rank up there with Lemonade.... with Beholder It's probably a push...

I was actually in the guild Prototype when they went up against Lemonade.
    I didn't have the pleasure of fighting them myself, but from what I heard on teamspeak, they were getting destroyed.
    The score was somewhere around 100-1000. My point in saying this is, I haven't had the chance to fight any Lemonade premades, but I think TSB (the silent blade) would give them a run for their money.
    edited September 2013
    Thats why we all mess around on Test from time to time :)
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    From Dragon it would be Purple Dragons, in some part because of having so many active members. . Deathpods give us a run for our money sometimes. Saying that sometimes you see good squads from a few guilds but they dont pvp that regulary.
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    From Dragon it would be Purple Dragons, in some part because of having so many active members. Deathpods give us a run for our money sometimes. Saying that sometimes you see good squads from a few guilds but they dont pvp that regulary.

Does your guild have a youtube channel or any recordings of your matches?
    I haven't seen anything from Purple Dragon and now I'm interested.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I noticed that he beholder guild the wolves has a decent pvp premade. Certainly gave my guild a thrashing(not that its hard to beat us).
    I would agree that SB are the top pvp guild on beholder. Even using a cheese group they wiped the floor with us in a guild vs match.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited September 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    I noticed that he beholder guild the wolves has a decent pvp premade. Certainly gave my guild a thrashing(not that its hard to beat us).
    I would agree that SB are the top pvp guild on beholder. Even using a cheese group they wiped the floor with us in a guild vs match.

I've only recently seen The Wolves. I think they're new. Nonetheless, they have provided quite the challenge for me and some guildies many times.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    GURL, R U SRS? purple dragons? vids pls, and crushing pugs doesnt count, im not from lemonade but i can say they are top in dragon, script or not.and they can make good builds for pvp, pretty sure alot of gwfs owe them the Regen sentinel build.
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I play both on Dragon and Beholder.

Lemon Stand is obviously scary, with full pvp orientation and scaring poor PuGers away.

Beholder it's definitely Silent Blade, which has a much better quality, since I had the luck to face members that were not as hardcore as the top people in the guild, and they were playing amazingly. Never trash talked, never left even when in PuG and always giving me good runs in 1v1.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
    edited September 2013
    I play both on Dragon and Beholder.

Lemon Stand is obviously scary, with full pvp orientation and scaring poor PuGers away.

Beholder it's definitely Silent Blade, which has a much better quality, since I had the luck to face members that were not as hardcore as the top people in the guild, and they were playing amazingly. Never trash talked, never left even when in PuG and always giving me good runs in 1v1.

Our main guide to follow is never exploit, never trash talk, never leave, and always offer 1v1s when the other team has stopped capping.

Furthermore, I just had a look at your Oppressor build. Brings back memories, Oppressor being my first path and CW being my first class. I have to say, using t1 pvp gear you have acquired some very good stats. That 28k HP means you enchanted with radiants, correct?
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    My defense slots yes. Plus the +2 from being a dwarf I guess.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Silent Blade was a large guild who recruited everyone they could, full of TR's roleplaying in zone chat and on the forums as assassins or something? I was not aware that PvP was the main focus of this guild.

And I think the question of 'exploitation' and disrespect are sadly still up for debate considering many it's members actions, actions which have been reported as respectfully as possible to Silent Blade leadership. I know that it is hard to manage every player in such a large guild, though, but it can reflect poorly on those involved.

Since only one count of proven exploitation (not saying there has been any proof outside of game logs) can completely destroy a guilds' claims to fame, especially in such a small game environment as PvP is, it's hard to watch posts like this and not be concerned.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    You are not going to get a straight answer. Because every guild self proclaims themselves as the best in PVP. You may have heard of other guilds (i.e. lemonade stand) that's because they came on the forums claiming they were the best and setting up premade matches. However, that doesn't make them the best. It makes the infamous (known but not favorably) It's a simple matter of objective opinion. Unless you believe ALL the pvp guilds check the forums daily.

There is simply no ranking system in place to tell which guild is better then the others.
    edited September 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    You are not going to get a straight answer. Because every guild self proclaims themselves as the best in PVP. You may have heard of other guilds (i.e. lemonade stand) that's because they came on the forums claiming they were the best and setting up premade matches. However, that doesn't make them the best. It makes the infamous (known but not favorably) It's a simple matter of objective opinion. Unless you believe ALL the pvp guilds check the forums daily.

There is simply no ranking system in place to tell which guild is better then the others.

I think the best way to tell which guilds are the top in any field is to ask the public. Whoever the majority agree on are the best.
    Of course once someone has been declared the best, if someone else wants that title, simply beat them in their field and take the title from them.
    edited September 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Silent Blade was a large guild who recruited everyone they could, full of TR's roleplaying in zone chat and on the forums as assassins or something? I was not aware that PvP was the main focus of this guild.

And I think the question of 'exploitation' and disrespect are sadly still up for debate considering many it's members actions, actions which have been reported as respectfully as possible to Silent Blade leadership. I know that it is hard to manage every player in such a large guild, though, but it can reflect poorly on those involved.

Since only one count of proven exploitation (not saying there has been any proof outside of game logs) can completely destroy a guilds' claims to fame, especially in such a small game environment as PvP is, it's hard to watch posts like this and not be concerned.

For as long as I've known TSB (even before I joined) I knew they were a PvP focused guild.
    I think the best way to find out a guilds focuses and goals is to explore their guild website instead of assuming.

As for issues with guildies. Recently we have been doing some heavy recruiting, bringing in new members, and making sure they know the rules. However as you stated, it isn't an easy job, keeping everyone on the straight and narrow.
    Not to mention everyone slips up time to time.

Now I have only been in TSB for a little over a month now and have gotten quite a few complaints about trash talking from guildies, exploiters, hackers, etc. I say to you what I said to them all. Simply screen shot any of these offenses and bring it up with an officer in TSB, they will either handle it themselves or bring it to a senior officer. Now there is an in-game screen shot function. I don't know how well it works but it's worth giving a try. Link below V
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?83951-Demo-Recording-AKA-how-to-make-awesome-videos-screenshots

There is also my personal favorite gyazo.com. It takes instant screen shots in good quality.

Now if you are having difficulties contacting an officer, I am online 7 days a week for around 6-10 hours a day, from all hours of the day. You can message me or mail me @clearlyavirgin
    I can't speak for all the officers but I can assure you this. I am always willing to listen.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    So essence of aggression is the top PvP guild on Mindflayer is the concensus? Anyone know if they will be on PTR for the tournament saturday?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I think the best way to tell which guilds are the top in any field is to ask the public. Whoever the majority agree on are the best.
    Of course once someone has been declared the best, if someone else wants that title, simply beat them in their field and take the title from them.

Personally and respectfully, I don't agree with that method. If the majority of the population hates a certain team but their really good. Public opinion will tell you that they suck. Their needs to be an official ranking system.

Lets say Person A claims they are the best and beat Person B from another guild. They're only beating five members of possible much larger guild. Does beating five people make them the best. To my opinion, they're isn't the best team anywhere.
    edited September 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    Personally and respectfully, I don't agree with that method. If the majority of the population hates a certain team but their really good. Public opinion will tell you that they suck. Their needs to be an official ranking system.

Lets say Person A claims they are the best and beat Person B from another guild. They're only beating five members of possible much larger guild. Does beating five people make them the best. To my opinion, they're isn't the best team anywhere.

I agree their should be a ranking system...
    Nothing else to comment on.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I don't know why people think Purple dragon is good. I honestly think Purple dragon are just average as far as PVP goes...
    Not trying to **** talk but i have encounter full 5 man Premade from Purple dragon, and I know those are the gear one(PVP player) not some 2 man pm u see from time to time. And they are really not that good... the only one that even consider annoying is the GWF because he is GWF... and max geared.. skill wise he is outskilled by many other gwf i have encountered.

All in all I think Lemonade are good, but I personally like the Spades tag, just saying...

P.S Black Lotus has some PVPer as well that are just equally decent as those top PVP guild, the only difference is they don't really PVP a lot or as a PM despite they are as geared as the top PVP guilds.
  • omenjsjomenjsj Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm from Beholder. An officer in the top PvP guild on that server "The Silent Blade."

I was wondering who the top PvP guilds were on Mindflayer and Dragon.

I am an Officer in Nightmare Inc., we are not a full main pvp guild but we like to get good groups together, we mainly try to gear our newer members through t2's ect.

That being said, I have faced SB several times...I am still picking up pieces of armor and limbs afterwards. We do from time to time provide some challenge. On beholder there are some decent premade pvp and some bad ones. When we do get a que with even 3 silent blade members in it, I know the pressure is on.

The difference I have seen playing against SB and other guilds in pvp is.....they play as a team, they don't have someone wandering off to rack scores. If you run into one, more than likely there is about 2 others very close by. This is what I have tried to instill upon my teams.

The other thing I will say about SB is I have never been trashtalked once, and I have even asked how to improve and they have answered. A pretty upstanding guild from what I can tell, that is very skilled at rolling heads.

It would be nice if we could have cross server pvp matches though.
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would say Lemonade on Dragon because that can be very powerful but keep in mind that I play PVP with pugs not premades.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dragon: Lemonade Stand and Mass Grave Aesthetics contain the scariest pvp players you will ever meet on the shard.

For anyone who mentions Purple Dragons, lol... Guess you have not pugged on Dragon!
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As an admitted PVP addict, I can safely say these are some of the top PVP guilds on Mindflayer, in no particular order... Keep in mind time zones as well. I'm GMT-5 (Central USA) so there may be some good guilds on when I'm sleeping.

*Antagony
    *Complaints Department
    *Exodus
    *Fistful of Zen (or former members there of)
    *Essence of Aggression
    *Forgotten Crew
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ^^ Pretty much covered Mindflayer.

Original post has been removed.
    edited September 2013
    omenjsj wrote: »
    I am an Officer in Nightmare Inc., we are not a full main pvp guild but we like to get good groups together, we mainly try to gear our newer members through t2's ect.

That being said, I have faced SB several times...I am still picking up pieces of armor and limbs afterwards. We do from time to time provide some challenge. On beholder there are some decent premade pvp and some bad ones. When we do get a que with even 3 silent blade members in it, I know the pressure is on.

The difference I have seen playing against SB and other guilds in pvp is.....they play as a team, they don't have someone wandering off to rack scores. If you run into one, more than likely there is about 2 others very close by. This is what I have tried to instill upon my teams.

The other thing I will say about SB is I have never been trashtalked once, and I have even asked how to improve and they have answered. A pretty upstanding guild from what I can tell, that is very skilled at rolling heads.

It would be nice if we could have cross server pvp matches though.

Recently, I have been acting as an ambassador for TSB. I will go into other guilds, sometimes without them knowing I am actually TSB and try to aid them/learn more about them. This is not only to better the community of NW on the Beholder server but to also create better players thus creating more challenges for TSB.

If your guild leader is okay with it. I could put an alt into Nightmare Inc. to help better those in your guild who like PvPing.
  • danfixdanfix Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    NW is strictly based on PVE. PVP in this game is absolutely pathetic, kind of weird freak. Only created to get some AD, no more than that.
    Maybe a silly kid go into that game, the features of the game is far from that concept. Stop dreaming anf Google Search for Guild Wars 2 forums for these purposes.

*great Mod...
    edited September 2013
    danfix wrote: »
    NW is strictly based on PVE. PVP in this game is absolutely pathetic, kind of weird freak. Only created to get some AD, no more than that.
    Maybe a silly kid go into that game, the features of the game is far from that concept. Stop dreaming anf Google Search for Guild Wars 2 forums for these purposes.

*great Mod...

If you want a PvE game, go play Tera.
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited September 2013
    FaceControl / Dragon / Authentic - Old DeathPods

I play mainly PvP, and i can say the Best PvP guilds are as following

- Lemoande Stand - On a downfall but still got alot to show
    - Philipino Heroes - Maybe the best geard guild on the server but lack of pvp strategy
    - Mass Grave Aesthetics - Really balanced and geard guild .. its a pleasure to PvP against them
    - DeathPods ( change name to : Authentic ) Im a member, so all the best
    - Purple Dragons - They got alot members but only a few can be a challenge

I think i miss someone , but if i do there is a reason for that :P
    edited September 2013
    *Antagony
    *Complaints Department
    *Exodus
    *Fistful of Zen (or former members there of)
    *Essence of Aggression
    *Forgotten Crew

I will order these, just because...

1. Essence of Aggresion
    2. Exodus
    3. Forgotten Crew
    4. Antagony

note: Complaints department and Fistful do not have enough members to qualify for this list.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    I will order these, just because...

1. Essence of Aggresion
    2. Exodus
    3. Forgotten Crew
    4. Antagony

note: Complaints department and Fistful do not have enough members to qualify for this list.

This seems pretty accurate.

In all honesty though, if everyone is using there A-Team we are all very close.

My hardest won/lost matches were against Antagony though.

Exodus is always a good match when they have there normal pvp'rs.

I cant think of anyone in Forgotten Crew?...is that Talos and his boys?

I'm good friends with Talos, and he has a specific crew hes been running with.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its 3 sent GWF's and 2 GF's..and I don't believe they've lost a match in 50+ games with that set-up. I haven't had the chance to get our normal team together and fight him so not sure whose on it.
This discussion has been closed.