test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The top PvP guilds of the other servers?

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »

I cant think of anyone in Forgotten Crew?...is that Talos and his boys?

I'm good friends with Talos, and he has a specific crew hes been running with.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe its 3 sent GWF's and 2 GF's..and I don't believe they've lost a match in 50+ games with that set-up. I haven't had the chance to get our normal team together and fight him so not sure whose on it.

Don't even worry about ranking. It just causes division, trolling, and personal attacks. I've won and lost to all of the teams listed, and others. So much depends on your premade.

Forgotten Crew is Batedor's team (Dwarf DC, tanky, former Gummy Bear).

Talos' A Team runs 2 Sents, GF, DC and TR. It's pretty beastly.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Forgotten Crew is Batedor's team (Dwarf DC, tanky, former Gummy Bear).

Talos' A Team runs 2 Sents, GF, DC and TR. It's pretty beastly.

Ahhh ok ok, yah Batedor..that little <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> machine is tough to take down =P

Not sure why I thought Talos was running with 3gwf/2gf....thx for the info Trace =P
    edited September 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Ahhh ok ok, yah Batedor..that little <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> machine is tough to take down =P

Not sure why I thought Talos was running with 3gwf/2gf....thx for the info Trace =P

I mean, he may... *shrug* But I've talked with Sicarius and that's what he told me. It's whatever. Team make-ups change quite often. I'd love for Antagony to get some more players in their guild. It has great potential and good leadership.

You know what's funny? I don't even think we have an A Team. I know good players of each class, but if you asked me to pick one of each and form a team I'm not sure it would be easy. I feel like we have a European crew and a US/Canada crew.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • immahealyounowimmahealyounow Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2013
    I'm not one to hang around the forums much, but I heard about this thread and was naturally very curious!

On Mindflayer, I think Essence of Aggression is the best PvP guild for the following reasons:

1. Deep talent pool - It has multiple players who can play every class well. In particular, I think Essence has picked up some excellent people through their recent merges with smaller guilds on our server.
    2. Some of the best players on Mindflayer - A premade with Essence's strongest people is arguably the toughest on our server.
    3. They usually communicate very well over TS. I've seen many Essence teams adapt quickly and coordinate CC very well in some cases.

While not related to being the best, I think it's worth pointing out that 90% of its players are total class acts and an absolute pleasure to play both with and against.

-Blessing
    * Blessing - 60 DC * * Blessa - 60 GWF * * Blessed - 60 TR * * Bless - 60 GF * * Blessings - 50 CW * * BlessedArr0w - 30 HR *

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    I'm not one to hang around the forums much, but I heard about this thread and was naturally very curious!

On Mindflayer, I think Essence of Aggression is the best PvP guild for the following reasons:

1. Deep talent pool - It has multiple players who can play every class well. In particular, I think Essence has picked up some excellent people through their recent merges with smaller guilds on our server.
    2. Some of the best players on Mindflayer - A premade with Essence's strongest people is arguably the toughest on our server.
    3. They usually communicate very well over TS. I've seen many Essence teams adapt quickly and coordinate CC very well in some cases.

While not related to being the best, I think it's worth pointing out that 90% of its players are total class acts and an absolute pleasure to play both with and against.

-Blessing

Considering Blessing is (in almost everyone's opinion) the best Cleric on Mindflayer, I'm very taken that she would speak so highly of Essence of Aggression. Her crew at Complaints Department is our number one challenge in PVP. I would say she wrecks us over 75% of the time unless we specifically form a party to counter her A-Team.

I know many people in the past have not been kind to her. I was trying to get her to join EoA for a long time, but it wasn't the right place for her and I fully respect her choice to find another guild.

Here's what she does really, really well (among other things)... When I'm 1v1ing (or 2v1ing) my home point against their Sentinel, right when his health is getting around 25%, she'll come drop an Astral Shield and either clear us out or bounce back to mid. Even if she leaves, that Tenny Sent is back to full health and I'm shaking my head at my screen. So frustrating, but great strategy.

Thank you for the kind words, Blessing. It was a both humbling and unexpected kindness. Keep up the amazing gaming.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • astronaxastronax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Pretty much both previous posts are true.
    ...Here's what she does really, really well (among other things)... .

I'm not a solo point defender myself, but when I actually forced to def. somehow, and it occurs, i switch to Blessing and call mommy - sometimes it even help ;)
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

-Blessing

Allow me to state that having played in premades with her, and against her, Blessing is by far THE toughest cleric on the entire server. She knows how to play, we've done it via TS a few times I think, only one of which I remember. Thanks for the props, we try.
  • sejal1337sejal1337 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Essence does have a lot of great players, not just in pvp but their attitudes in general have impressed me since I joined a couple months ago
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I actually don't come across many full guild groups when I PvP on Mindflayer, but from what I know..
    Skill-wise I would say Essence or Complaints Department.
    Respect and attitude-wise I would say Exodus and Complaints Department.
    The attitudes of Essence and Antagony (especially towards each other) haven't really impressed me.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
    edited September 2013
    zokir wrote: »
    The attitudes of Essence and Antagony (especially towards each other) haven't really impressed me.

Hmm, details please...
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hmm, details please...

Shouldn't say much, since this thread has been so surprisingly peaceful so far.
    From what I've noticed, being humble in PvP is a foreign concept to a lot of people in those two guilds.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
    edited September 2013
    From what I've noticed, being humble in PvP is a foreign concept to a lot of people in those two guilds.

Although I can sometimes joke around, and I'll admit that, I'd like you to tell me via PM if you don't mind. We like to give people a good impression of our attitude.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I'm very curious as well. As 9-10 matches we tend to end up 1 vs 1'ing the other team and just generally shoot the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and watch the fights.

I've met many new people doing this and I have not personally seen any negativity coming from our groups.

On the other hand, we do get called p2w, cheaters and hackers quite often, among other silly names. In that aspect we tend to be less then cordial to the people saying it. We do our best not to involve ourselves in such drama, but we definately stick up for ourselves if it does happen.
  • bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    So far PvP in this game are two Domination maps and a 20v20 horse riding tournament. No ranks, titles, ladders, tournaments etc. I think there are just so many people that don't do PvP anymore because of the lack of incentives that it's quite hard to argue if the people that are playing many matches currently really are what you would call the "top PvPers".
  • b4gshrugsb4gshrugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 69
    edited September 2013
    I would say she wrecks us over 75% of the time unless we specifically form a party to counter her A-Team.

Unfortunately, you haven't faced our A-Team since our GF has been gone and our CW plays on a different TZ than us. All of the matches you have played against us in the last month and a half have either been 3 core CD members with pugs or pick-ups from friends list to fill in the extra space

There are matches where 4 of us have been on when our CW has a day off, but those matches have ended so fast that it's not even worth remembering.

Good new is our GF seems to be back, so if you want to set up a full 5-man CD match then we'll be more than glad to do a pre v. pre.
  • llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So far PvP in this game are two Domination maps and a 20v20 horse riding tournament. No ranks, titles, ladders, tournaments etc. I think there are just so many people that don't do PvP anymore because of the lack of incentives that it's quite hard to argue if the people that are playing many matches currently really are what you would call the "top PvPers".

You could look at it that even without ranking and stuff, it brings out the true pvp lovers, especially since the infrastructure is not ideal, the ones that take it seriously are most likely better than ones that are waiting for "official" ranks.
    edited September 2013
    b4gshrugs wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you haven't faced our A-Team since our GF has been gone and our CW plays on a different TZ than us. All of the matches you have played against us in the last month and a half have either been 3 core CD members with pugs or pick-ups from friends list to fill in the extra space

There are matches where 4 of us have been on when our CW has a day off, but those matches have ended so fast that it's not even worth remembering.

Good new is our GF seems to be back, so if you want to set up a full 5-man CD match then we'll be more than glad to do a pre v. pre.

Thanks, Shrugs. Considering I'm B-Team EoA, I would contact Zac, Isodorr, Dracnia or Meldanen if you want to set up a PMvPM. They are our more our A-Team (we don't officially have one) and would be more than happy to arrange a match.
    I actually don't come across many full guild groups when I PvP on Mindflayer, but from what I know..

Zokir, my apologies if members of our guild have not been respectful or agreeable players. Do know we make an active effort to kick drama-makers, whiners, babies, harassers and the like from our guild. As Blessing mentioned, about 90% of our guild are very classy people. Unfortunately, there are often trash talkers in PVP, and everyone can debase their language and attitude from time to time.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Dragon: Lemonade Stand and Mass Grave Aesthetics contain the scariest pvp players you will ever meet on the shard.

For anyone who mentions Purple Dragons, lol... Guess you have not pugged on Dragon!

You don't know purple dragons, they have the scariest lineup ever:
    o8z6n8.png
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

Not sure what other gauge you'd use other than folks who actively PvP. :confused:
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wait till the server merge. I will find it very entertaining to see these "best" guilds against one another.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    PvP scrub detected.

Why scrub? because i only spent money on my guardian pack and i already have 3 geared characters ( one of them is a sentinel with tenebrous). Your argument is invalid :) unless the horse and the companion i got from my pack are the reason?

Yeah, that's a point. Spending real life cash isn't the only way to pick up all this. Lots of players, specifically legacy types, came through from various glitches and early mechanics with large pools of AD to work with. Not saying Esteena is one of them, just that between nightmare mounts and market glitches, etc, etc, there are a LOT of rich players who never really had to spend a dime.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Didn't expect this thread to get so many replies. Thank you all for your input!

-cav
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Wait till the server merge. I will find it very entertaining to see these "best" guilds against one another.

This will be the ultimate showdown. Each guild fighting for #1 status.

I can guarantee you this. TSB is ready.
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    You don't know purple dragons, they have the scariest lineup ever:
    o8z6n8.png

are they good?
    i am asking because devlinne was the old of an old friend and gm in one of the best pvp guild in anotehr game called mu online lol
    conan is familiar from the same guild too, i wonder if its them lol.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dragon
    * Lemonade Stand
    * Mass Grave Aesthetics
    * Purple Dragon
    * Groselha Teams
    * Deathpods/Authentic
    * Crush It, not realy Active
    * The Chosen Gaming Community, not sure about the name
  • herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

MOST of Essence is decent people, they do have a select few however that do go out of their way to start stuff with the community. Naming and shaming is prohibited on the forums though but it shouldnt be very hard to point out who the bad egg(s) are.

As far as CD goes, I have seen nothing good from them, I just got my second account back I started the game with and even on that account, whom they dont know it's me, it's just nothing but bad attitudes and people outright disrespecting others in zone chats and through their style of play. They shouldnt even be in this conversation. They have 1 exceptional cleric, the other handful.... what is it...4 or 5 ? are copycats of what you can find in other guilds. nothing exceptional about them. This is not even a guild, just a group. Steamroller is in Fistful of Zen ( one of like 3 remaining players iwth the tag ) so doesnt factor into this discussion about CD.

The mere fact CD's only rogue disrespected Banelorne ..one of the nicer players, and someone who has done more for the rogue class and game community in general ... is proof enough of what your dealing with here. No respect, and definitely no class.

I have nothing but respect for Exodus. Class players and class acts....so far ;o)

Don;t have many experiences with Antagony. they seem to go about PvP very machine like. No talk, no showing off, no disrespect, just kill or be killed. I like that.

Forgotten Crew seems to be quite new on the scene and same deal with them as with Antagony.
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Let's see how the preview tournament will end up, unfortunately I am on a business trip to UK during that time.
    But I hope fellow Silent Blades will be there to show what we are made of :)

Some nice words towards SB from few people here, thanks! I am really grateful for every premade we meet or every pug group that lasts.
    And it's nice some people understand that playing against better opponent is what makes them better :)

Then there are some not nice words. Guys as Teysa mentioned, we have recruited a lot of new blood.
    And not all people are yet completely proven (it's a shame you cannot see guild ranks)

If you encounter any bad behavior by a SB memeber, please message @clearlyavirgin or @pecka1337 in game, or send me message here on forum and we will promptly handle the situation.

Then, I would so much love the server merge, but as everybody knows it's not a good PR so they are most probably not going to do that any time soon. But thanks to Lemonade Stand we can have some fun on Preview which is awesome, btw we as Silent Blade plan tournament as well over there :) (more info to come soon)

So summary: Let's run more preview tournaments, and I believe we will get some nice picture of what are the skilled PVP guilds out there :)

- Belzuba
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    pw3cka wrote: »
    Some nice words towards SB from few people here, thanks! I am really grateful for every premade we meet or every pug group that lasts.
    And it's nice some people understand that playing against better opponent is what makes them better :)

- Belzuba

;) Yes, since not all your members are going full premade, it's nice to randomly meet one of your guys in my team or against my team. I always PuG so you understand that it's somewhat frustrating to look for good opponents to test some of your build thoughts around.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • nghikittynghikitty Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    purple..deathpods.....LMFAO!!

purple dragons and deathpods have some good players
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this thread is just a ticking time bomb. fact is, there is no rank system or any way for you to measure your digital prowess so asking 'who is the best' is just... conjecture. i mean, pvp isn't even competitively fair enough to justify any claims of greatness. just ask all those people with pvp scorecards as their signatures... out of all those kills, which ones were equally geared as well as you are?
This discussion has been closed.