Options

What a Nightmare

Comments

• Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    servers up!
  • Options
    kronn2kronn2 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seems like the only complaints are coming from those that didn't get a Nightmare and why do you care? People get free stuff all the time, don't see ya writting letters to Opra.
  • Options
    mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    Hurray Cryptic!

Thanks for the 4/10 Inferno!

Thanks for another F*ckd up patch job

Thanks for ruining the eco

*clap clap*

and yes.. there's no sarcasm here.
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cyas its been fun folks
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    veramis wrote: »
    If droprate was accidentally set to be high, is it considered exploiting to open boxes? I don't get all the posts complaining about exploiting if the droprate was programmed to be that way.

Hence we don't know what they're going to do about it yet, probably because they're debating over how to handle it since it stemmed from an oversight on their part that a lot of people took advantage of. Is it really an exploit any more than it is, say, if I run a skirmish 4 times during the AD event and sell the extra blue gear that I don't need, or just a clever way of profiting from a mechanic that may or may not have been intended? That's what they have to decide.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    tradergammatradergamma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic obviously don't care or they'd rollback (or remove horses), very very disappointing, by far the most disappointing event in game so far. No rollback. Unbelievable. Unless they remove horses via another mechanism. I'm still shocked by the "no rollback" replies though.

It shows how little cryptic care about the economy.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They decided against a rollback. Nobody other than them knows exactly why, or what they intend to do in lieu of a rollback. They might tell us the former when this is sorted out. They will have to tell us the latter.

Until then, it's all just speculation.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    desgallant wrote: »
    or it's more probable that no point backup existed to do so.

If you have any experience with Cryptic's other games, the above comment would seem to be the most likely explanation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grovelkgrovelk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic obviously don't care or they'd rollback (or remove horses), very very disappointing, by far the most disappointing event in game so far. No rollback. Unbelievable. Unless they remove horses via another mechanism. I'm still shocked by the "no rollback" replies though.

maybe Cryptic will:
    janr92 wrote: »
    Bind it .

Can u imagine having 100 horses bound to one character LOLOLOL
  • Options
    skenderijaskenderija Member Posts: 87
    edited August 2013
    NO NEED for a rool back.and no i didnt get any mount just sayin same for me and gl for some. thats just fine with me.gz to people who got it.
  • Options
    fragilevyoletfragilevyolet Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Dev's Say: "No roll back, Thanks everyone!" really? Really?? Why the hell now everyone has huge amount of Nightmares..
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Binding the mounts would be hilarious.
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Makes me think this bug was intended
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yup. just posted that to reduce fracturing. Your reason are incorrect though - anyone who's been around Cryptic for long knows why this isn't a rollback issue. I told my guild before the downtime there probably wouldn't be. I've heard the dev say on more than one occasion that a bug that is released like this - one that gives benefit to players without players having to actually do anything other than play the game as expected (like, you know, get keys and open a box) as opposed to doing some crazy thing that no one would really normally do and isn't something anyone was intended to ever do (aka an actual exploit) - they tend to say "good for you, bad on us - enjoy, but we're gonna fix that ASAP" in this case, that meant 10 minutes of up time then poof, but I've seen things take them a couple weeks to fix and they let the fun happen in the meantime (there's a very specific instance of this in STO that comes to mind).

So, it has nothing to do with the economy, or real money, legalities or greed or anything like that - it's simply them saying, oops, we eff'd up and lots of people got lucky, good for them... and... games down and we're done with that. Simple as that. Not the first time, won't be the last time, but don't be so quick to blame legality or greed, because that's just not the case here.
  • Options
    keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    Yeah.

/10char
    No longer playing NW
  • Options
    extreme0extreme0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited August 2013
    And the E-drama reaction begins. Many confirmed Butthurt and others not caring over a virtual piece of horse meat.
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

If these issues can be solved and I'm not online, then I thank you.
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited August 2013
    So, this begs the question....."Should this game still be in beta?" :P

PWE is to MMORPG as North Korea is to Long Range Ballistic Missile building.

PWE shouts: "Hey look at us! we have a D&D based MMO over here and we NOT afraid to use it!"

The rest of the planet: "Um, did you know PWE has a D&D based MMO? I thought they were years away from aquiring one?"

The rest of the planet: "Hmm, it "looks" like a D&D based MMO, but we think they are months if not years away from successfully launching it."
  • Options
    wmtrexlerwmtrexler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well someone's got to clean 'em up, my friends
    Bodies on the highway
    Law and order upside down
    Someone's got to collect their odds and ends
    As a service to the town!
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep, seems pretty bad. Just twisting the knife in the economy's already rotting belly.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Known by the player base yes, but given the bugs that remain from other feedback on Mimic, by the Devs no, it is apparent that feedback has a missing link, otherwise the lockbox chance, cannot whisper and other weeks old reported bugs would not have got to the live patch!
    Nah, you seem to have not fully experienced the Cryptic Quality Assurance model. Thisis standard operating procedure for them and their crack commando unit of bug fixers. This type of stuff happens all the time in STO and Champions. Bugs that were reported on test always make it live. And THEN prompt a mad dash to get them fixed. Sometimes even that takes months. Of being live.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    steelemagnoliasteelemagnolia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    makath wrote: »
    The issue if they don't remove the mounts is that they said last week "last changet to get this mount, go buy keys now on sale" to drive sales up. Then not only was it not the last chance but you were 99% more likely to get a mount AFTER they were supposed to be removed. Smells like a lawsuit to me because real money was involved and it was false advertising.

I had no idea about the bug, and now regret the three keys I bought. It will be the last keys I ever buy. No rollback = bait and switch.

One of my guildmates bought $30 worth of keys to open up boxes stored in the guildbank and donate all the stuff to the guild. I'm on the fence whether I should tell her about this or not as she doesn't read the forums.
  • Options
    zypr66sszypr66ss Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good job on bringing the servers back up. Your community loves you PW. For providing us with a great game, free of charge <3
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    seems there was a small rollback
  • Options
    wyndhammerwyndhammer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There will always be exceptions to any statement, and you are one of the few exceptions. A lot of people play this game for free. They basically "exploit" those of us that pay for stuff, as we keep Cryptic in business.

As for you, I feel your pain... I too spent over 100 in keys and never got a horse until this morning. It sucks, I know. I actually logged in and the first thing I did was open my last nightmare box because I had forgotten to do it last night.

As for the rest, you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    keltz0rkeltz0r Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    Makes me think this bug was intended

+1

/10chars
    No longer playing NW
  • Options
    lanzarslanzars Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Who really cares. Ok you did not get a mount well neither did I all that means is the market will be flooded with them so the price will be crazy low. That is your chance to get a mount cheap as hell..
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If not bound......the smart person will buy up all the cheap mounts, hold on to'm for a spell, then sell'm for 28 gazillion AD ;)

If bound.....I think PETA would have a word if the horses got Salvage :eek:
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is the deal with the mounts anyways , anyone care to explain ?
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    This after being mislead on the feywild pack, winding up getting told my hero of the north pack was not a founders pack because it took too long to process, etc etc. Im invested in this game so I wont leave, but I sure will be telling my friends to avoid cryptic.
  • Options
    tradergammatradergamma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    grovelk wrote: »
    maybe Cryptic will:

Can u imagine having 100 horses bound to one character LOLOLOL

That would be interesting, and would stop economy being borked.
This discussion has been closed.