What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What a Nightmare

Comments

• Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i once thought Atari would have regret selling cryptic to pwe, but on days like these they re laughing their .... off.
    although pwe is a different league then atari, they re still making money on it. for now.
    untill this thing is getting in the known public facts of lack of expertise.

oops, just reading Atari is out of business from july 2013.
    so maybe we`ll keep getting these crappy cashgrab games.

at least Atari didn`t lost its dignity :D
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think we're supposed to roleplay like everything is ok. Very D&D of us.
  • Options
    grovelkgrovelk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is the deal with the mounts anyways , anyone care to explain ?
    thousands of mounts were gotten on the dragon server, some people were getting 10 in a row
  • Options
    goroddgorodd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did they (Neverwinter spokesperson) say, anywhere, that people will still have their nightmares after the "quick fix" - the quick fix may simply remove the Nightmares and refund the keys...that is an option.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    They're being very quick to remove any negative comments on FB. Sweep it under the rug baby.

Did that sound dirty?
  • Options
    krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They should make that mount look like a donkey... and set their speed to -50%

:D
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So say people spend AD to buy em..they then buy Zen to get AD??? They are pixels.. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    goroddgorodd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Servers up!!!
  • Options
    shindenialshindenial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wmtrexler wrote: »
    Well someone's got to clean 'em up, my friends
    Bodies on the highway
    Law and order upside down
    Someone's got to collect their odds and ends
    As a service to the town!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
  • Options
    mryuzmryuz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 71
    edited August 2013
    lets see them now with 100 bound horses. :P
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is what it is. We all know a decent amount of players went through the enchant bugs with high-rank enchants and now some will be able to equip multiple accounts with epic mounts and sell some on the AH. On the bright side: Everyone will benefit: Keep an eye on the auctions, epic mounts are already at 500k and I fully expect prices to drop much further.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hey zypr66ss. I don't think they offer a forum title of 'suck-up' yet. Keep at it though.
  • Options
    l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2013
    Seems like the only people trying to justify are those that got mounts. Generalise much.

I had been online for 10minutes watching mounts drop 1 a second. Some rare mount eh. Then, before the evil side of my brain could act on this OBVIOUS EXPLOIT the server went down.
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zypr66ss wrote: »
    Good job on bringing the servers back up. Your community loves you PW. For providing us with a great game, free of charge <3

Yes, good job ruining an otherwise great game by rewarding exploiters who violated the Terms of Service. Bravo!
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    untitled2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They probably earned a lot from this bug, so rollback would be a no no option for them. Oh well since a lot of ppl have epic mounts now most of them wont be buying their epic(3600zen) mounts anymore.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    sarranspsarransp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are the server's honestly not being rolled back to remove the multitude of mounts that were acquired via a bug? Seems odd that I spent real money out of my own pocket to pursue said mounts and now many players have 40-50 even more in their inventory. Flame my post all you want but I feel cheated, stolen from and, honestly, disappointed in this game that I went out of my way to support via my purchases. Odds are nothing will change and it's sad that you'll alienate so many players because of that. Very unfortunate.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    But not bothering to repair the damage? Bad form...

(If <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the pooch is so acceptable then so is beating a dead/flaming horse)
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I didn't get a single one. I'm working and missed the start. But I'm always looking to capitalize on the market and these events are full of opportunities.
  • Options
    faziskontrasztfaziskontraszt Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    Ok. I've opened some 180+ lockboxes, and guess what, no horse, just a metaphorical horse d in my a. And 2 phoeras. Now I'm logging in, seeing zounds of heavy inferno nightmare messages, some getting 6-7 in a row, then some more. And you're telling us they'll be able to keep them. You gotta be fookin kiddin me. Well, PWE, you'd better be shoving 2-3 of those in each of my 3 remaining lockboxes during the downtime.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    krisst0f wrote: »
    They should make that mount look like a donkey... and set their speed to -50%

:D

I like that :)
  • Options
    nighthalasnighthalas Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2013
    ashlotte wrote: »
    You're not gonna let one fark up go, will you? Just beating a dead horse to nothing remains but a mushy pile of red stringy mush.

Lol, the old saying has such a multi-dimensional meaning in the light of the history of the game and what happened today. :D
  • Options
    canukkcanukk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The tears ..THE TEARS!! they sustain me!!
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Indeed. This is epicly bad. And they're epicly doing nothing to undo the damage.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These are going for 440K AD on the Dragon AH right now. For some odd reason there are quite a few above 1 million AD then a sudden massive fall in price.....

So, what are peoples' thoughts on how cheap they will get?
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Final Fantasy 14 is all i have to say.
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    Final Fantasy 14 is all i have to say.

I'll see you there. Balmung server. Bathilda Warhelm. :D
  • Options
    pacolypsepacolypse Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they can rollback and give back the keys that were bought. They wouldn't lose money...
  • Options
    kurisuchan0128kurisuchan0128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Gonna have to agree. I wasn't directly affected by this myself, since the servers went down 2 minutes after I logged in. But I still find it ludicrous that you're letting the effects of an exploit stick around. What the difference between now and Caturday? You rollback a beta exploit but not a live one? People getting so many mount was CLEARLY not the intended scenario of this patch so why let it linger? Too much work? Get it together Cryptic.
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    IF that is the case, that they're letting people keep those mounts, then I would agree with OP. What we need now is a CM to confirm aye or nay, and not to speculate any further.
This discussion has been closed.