Install Arc
Options

What a Nightmare

Comments

• Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    pacolypse wrote: »
    they can rollback and give back the keys that were bought. They wouldn't lose money...

Keys would be useless for them if given back, because they probably bought some keys for this exploit.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    pacolypsepacolypse Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sorry already spoken for. can sell a TR and a CW tho lol (assuming they don't do a rollback :) just to clarify for the trolls lol
  • Options
    midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    You won't find a lot of sympathy on the forums as a lot of people here took advantage and don't want to lose their ill-gotten gains.
    Truthfully any honest player should have abandoned ship after the first dozen exploits.
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thorseday capes are coming soon!

I can't wait to have a menagerie wardrobe by the end of the year.
  • Options
    pacolypsepacolypse Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Where we going ? :)
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I feel sorry for all the poor beggars who had a mount listed for sale before the update. They just lost a boat load of diamonds!
  • Options
    marlzmarlz Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2013
    -sigh-
    guess i shall be keeping my wallet closed, this has been asked for since day 1 and still no effing word on the matter what so ever, some people who play and buy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from time to time on this game kinda aim for charater progression over lame *** fire horses but yeh, its apparently what pwe's intentions are, milk players for cosmetic bs and stuff those who want to "play the game" EQN looks more n more exciting as time slips pass....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Actually I'd be very surprised if they didn't back up the servers before the update, that's standard practice.
    Yeah. Want bet they didn't like, how long maint going take. <_<

But serious folks it not going happen it made then money and PWE loves money(even their little puppet Cryptic) oh so I think. Hay could be wrong and we do get a rollback or something that going make lot of people mad or nothing and still going make lot of people mad.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    jupterfistjupterfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ok... when I get off work... I would like to reserve my NM mount for 25k... hell I will throw in an extra 5k for a tip!

:cool:
  • Options
    bongstickbongstick Member Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    even if they ban people. These people will not lose their horses. I once got banned for 10 days for the Coalscent ward exploit. I came back and all the enchants i made (perfects) were still in my bag.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    Easy explanation. The 1mil + are pre patch when the mounts were really rare. Like 1 in 100 boxes or something. Then the mass mounts dropping and the price plummeting. The green wolf pet in the CTA even was like 100kish+ when it first dropped. By the end of the event it was like 20-30k I think..

I was actually being deadpan sarcastic. But thanks for being nice enough to explain rather than flame me .....
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Closing this now.
  • Options
    jupterfistjupterfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heh... hey I was at work all day so I will look on the market when I get home and hopefully get a nice spanking NM horse for 25-50k... and enjoy it. I will most likely ride it over to the new content (but not until I ride it around town with everyone else). Hehe. Honestly... I can think of several funny things here...

- "It's raining Inferno Nightmare horses.... ooow yeah!"
    - "Flame not what your game can do for you, but what you can do for your game... like buy a cheap NM horse"
    - "Ride the Flame!"

:cool:

--- Flame away!
  • Options
    komodoonekomodoone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 64
    edited August 2013
    That was funny.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Yep....

this is the first time I've been truly disappointed with the development team.

Seeing Mounts being offered for 200 gold in /Trade now.....
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    SAme same..I have one but want to get my grandson a NM... this will bring the price down so I can...:) happy fire trails!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    banecrushr wrote: »
    SAme same..I have one but want to get my grandson a NM... this will bring the price down so I can...:) happy fire trails!

Best way to handle people being angry about an issue is to close the threads about the issue they are not happy with.

You will be able to buy one cheap on the AH dont worry
  • Options
    dornodiosmiosdornodiosmios Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Although it was not reported with great detail someone did make mention of it.

I can't entirely blame them for missing the post as the OP could have included a text description of what was going on, instead of just a screen shot showing him receiving a bunch of Nightmare Mounts.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug

You decide for yourself tho.
  • Options
    prawdaehprawdaeh Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, I know this post is going to be flamed.. and no you can't have my stuff. But I figure PWE deserves to know why an avid gamer who saw so much potential in this game is done after the Feywild content.

Suddenly my BiS gear is not BiS gear. And it's not because of the new gear added.. I could accept that. But what was my BiS pieces of gear, that I put hours and hours into farming and where the rank 7 enhancements and armor enchants can be converted into terms of real world currency, is not being outdone by the new gear added in this content. The new gear for my class has horrible stats, easily surpassed by my t2 set.

But you changed the set bonus on my t1.. and ok..maybe the t2 should've won from the start.. but you allowed people to invest time and real world money into that t1 set that overpowered any other set of gear for that class. So instead of adding new gear that BEATS the t1.. you realease new gear that is worse than my best in slot pieces.. and CHANGE my BiS pieces into something I would have never invested so many astral diamonds into, or hours farming for pieces of the set.

I don't think you guys get how careful you have to be with mmos. You are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with my time and money. Changing class builds? Offer free respecs.. changing items, which have slots and other real world currency invested into them? BAD. Very bad.

I'm not saying I think everyone's going to up and leave anytime soon. But I am saying that I am. I don't condone a policy from developers to WASTE MY TIME AND MONEY.

I'm sure plenty of fanboys will flame this and say they are happy to see me go.

And I'll just say - guys.. keep playing..and enjoy PWE's policy of wasting your damned time.
  • Options
    shafikmacenoshafikmaceno Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2013
    There is no one of Wizzards of the Coast that accompanies this **** they are doing with the game?
  • Options
    martufmartuf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the new patch Fury of the feywild was quite boring, moving to play a better game on thuesday: Final Fantasy 14
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They're busy trying to get people to forget 4e.
  • Options
    seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It really is easy to farm up enough AD in this game to replace your set pieces. I feel bad that you had to spend real money on the game to buy the pieces when you could have done enough dungeons to acquire them yourself.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    I'm not going to flame you, but simply state that this MMO is only 2 months old.

Not a rhetorical question, but an honest question. Do you think the future of the entire game should be stonewalled based on launch criteria of gear statistics?
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am quite surprised as well that WOC, a company with a proven track record of treating it's customers with respect and dignity isn't going ape**** about this. Truth be told, the vast majority of us know this is par for the course for PWE, sooooo surprised that WoC is in bed with these guys.
  • Options
    thegreeblerthegreebler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    You keep releasing pets that are useless.

In my guild we run endgame dungeons exclusively...

We say "Name two companions that are worth it."

The only viable answers are Cat and Ioun Stone.

All the others you have either do not work as advertised, or die before they could even think of doing so. The dps companions are the worst; do no damage, and die as if they had no armor on them.

So this is the kind of business you are into; false advertisment. You are going to find your reputation stained and declining, like many other shining stars that burned out to public ire.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WotC & the D&D brand are owned by Hasbro, so dont expect miracles while they write 5e!!!
    The brand died when TSR got bought out anyway :) (aD&D rules, if you have to use d&d, but Chaosiums RuneQuest II & Call of Cuthulu are better :P)
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Welcome to MMO. Content may change. Sucks when it's a bad change, but it's a basic fact of life in this genre.

(having lived through several rounds of "my main sucks! Now it's OP! Now it sucks!" in previous MMO's I've played....)
  • Options
    smidgysmidgy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm not hugely impressed with this game (I think it's OK, but hardly a top-quality, AAA game), but one of the things I actually like about it is that the devs aren't afraid to rebalance gear by nerfing it, if needed. If, as you suggest, you only rebalance gear by adding even better other gear, that only layers overpowered gear on top of overpowered gear, worsening the problem, not solving it.

As for wasting your time and money - hate to break it to you, mate, but this is a game. Any time or money you put into it is, by definition, wasted. If you don't have that time or money to waste, then don't, and go do something with that time and money other than putting it into this game.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, thought this was about all the exploited nightmare mounts people got. Meh, OP armor got balanced. Really should have seen that coming and not invested too much into it.
This discussion has been closed.