test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What a Nightmare

Comments

• sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sarransp wrote: »
    Are the server's honestly not being rolled back to remove the multitude of mounts that were acquired via a bug? Seems odd that I spent real money out of my own pocket to pursue said mounts and now many players have 40-50 even more in their inventory. Flame my post all you want but I feel cheated, stolen from and, honestly, disappointed in this game that I went out of my way to support via my purchases. Odds are nothing will change and it's sad that you'll alienate so many players because of that. Very unfortunate.

I 100% agree with the sentiment of this point. Cryptic will lose a lot of good players today while rewarding exactly the type of players they should want to get rid of ...
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Undoubtedly people are sitting on their virtual piles of Nightmare mounts waiting for them to become rarer and sell for more.

Much like Dragon Eggs, they'll probably never really be worth anything again.

Really ****in ****ty way to (not) handle the situation, Cryptic.
  • moogle71moogle71 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    good job cryptic , so i didnt abuse that stupid bug, this is wat happen to fair players? no roll back?
    no punishment?xD anyone who disagree with this will get ban hammer for farming 100+ nightmare mount
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wasn't home to open any lock boxes or I would have for the first time in my gaming history. I have never spent money to date on keys nor opened any boxes. It is a waste imo. That being said, if I were a person who opened many boxes chasing this mount, then a bug like this occurred w/ no rollback, I would be done w/ the game. Again, this didn't effect me so I'm here to stay.. For a while at least. Reminds me of the mess that happened back in the day.. With all that garbage, there again was no rollback.
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ashlotte wrote: »
    Do you realize how many keys people bought? THEY.MADE.A.KILLING today. Beyond their wildest dreams.

This is exactly why there is no rollback. They could care less about integrity. Heck, they probably sell to known goldsellers without qualms.
  • canukkcanukk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mryuz wrote: »
    Hurray Cryptic!

Thanks for the 4/10 Inferno!

Thanks for another F*ckd up patch job

Thanks for ruining the eco

*clap clap*

and yes.. there's no sarcasm here.

something to wipe away your tears...

kleenex-box2.jpg
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You could have at least offered the ones with lotion in them.
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    moogle71 wrote: »
    good job cryptic , so i didnt abuse that stupid bug, this is wat happen to fair players? no roll back?
    There has been one message cryptic has shouted loud and clear since this game has been released, if there is an exploit/bug UTILIZE THE HECK OUTTA IT!! If you don't, shame on you. You are only hurting yourself :(
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Learn your lesson. Stop spending money on this game. Eventually there will be an exploit to get what you want, and Cryptic won't do **** to fix it.
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The main reason why players buy an epic mount is because it's either to be unique than others or simply because they want a faster ride. Giving those players an epic mounts only for 125 Zen each is truly unfair for others who bought an epic mount instead of wishing for luck in the lockboxes. I believe they probably earned a lot from this bug, but remember that 99.999% of the players who have this inferno mounts via bug and who can buy it rly cheaply in AH, won't be buying another epic mount in zen store. They earned a lot this time, but their sales in epic mounts will rapidly decrease starting now.
    SIGNATURE
  • ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good bye. See you in Protector's Enclave.
  • midnightmaladymidnightmalady Member Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    So, so, soooo glad I gave up on this game. I stopped by just to see the general buzz on the new update and it turns out there is yet ANOTHER economy tanking exploit going on. But that's just another day in the land of Neverwinter.

Never stop being awful, NW. :rolleyes:
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey I was right when I said nothing would be done.

Nightmares' on Dragon ah are 400K and falling.....
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Hey I was right when I said nothing would be done.

Nightmares' on Dragon ah are 400K and falling.....

Yep....

this is the first time I've been truly disappointed with the development team.
  • pacolypsepacolypse Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nope... Haven't played in weeks and was hoping this patch would give me something to do since game is boring and the pvp sucks. but with this garbage i wont even bother... want my stuff?
  • stevebobbstevebobb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited August 2013
    *ca-ching!*
    *ca-ching!*
    *ca-ching!*
    *ca-ching!*
    *ca-ching!*
    *ca-ching!*
    *ca-ching!*

we regret to inform you there will be no roll-back
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    These are going for 440K AD on the Dragon AH right now. For some odd reason there are quite a few above 1 million AD then a sudden massive fall in price.....

So, what are peoples' thoughts on how cheap they will get?
    Easy explanation. The 1mil + are pre patch when the mounts were really rare. Like 1 in 100 boxes or something. Then the mass mounts dropping and the price plummeting. The green wolf pet in the CTA even was like 100kish+ when it first dropped. By the end of the event it was like 20-30k I think..
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pacolypse wrote: »
    Yep. I'll be back if they do a rollback. Or credit me all the keys I've used to get mine. Yep I'm butt hurt and you would be too! Ill just go back to GW2 and wait for Everquest Next or elder scrolls... EAD

Yeah, I think I am too. It's too bad. They just ruined a great game for a lot of people ...
  • cocainehighcocainehigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    give me your stuff.
  • geebrixgeebrix Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    http://make-everything-ok.com/ For those shedding tears....
  • wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    There has been one message cryptic has shouted loud and clear since this game has been released, if there is an exploit/bug UTILIZE THE HECK OUTTA IT!! If you don't, shame on you. You are only hurting yourself :(

Well that's probably more PWE than Cryptic... they just write the code and do what PWE tells them to.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, so, soooo glad I gave up on this game. I stopped by just to see the general buzz on the new update and it turns out there is yet ANOTHER economy tanking exploit going on. But that's just another day in the land of Neverwinter.

Never stop being awful, NW. :rolleyes:

i`ve just quit for the same reason ;p maybe we should date ;p hahaha
    edited August 2013
    http://make-everything-ok.com/ It's going to be ok.
  • conanflamingconanflaming Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thorseday capes are coming soon!
  • shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited August 2013
    pacolypse wrote: »
    Yep. I'll be back if they do a rollback. Or credit me all the keys I've used to get mine. Yep I'm butt hurt and you would be too! Ill just go back to GW2 and wait for Everquest Next or elder scrolls... EAD

im with you OP... off to another mmo. and my guild is coming with me!
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This reminds me of a discussion I had with someone about the evils of a p2p game vs a subscription based game. Sub games there seems to be more loyalty to the consumer. Where as p2p games tend to fly under the radar more and fill their coffers.
    edited August 2013
    http://make-everything-ok.com/ Really you may need this...
    edited August 2013
    http://make-everything-ok.com/ It's going to be alright.
  • tradergammatradergamma Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not just alientate, I have quit the game over it
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    See y'all in FFXIV and TESO.
    don`t forget wildstar ;p
This discussion has been closed.