What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What a Nightmare

Comments

• Options
    ukatoenasniukatoenasni Member Posts: 224 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    As a veteran of Cryptic games, all I can tell you is to relax a little.

Even if a bug is discovered early, what was intended to be a fix may not have gotten through QA in time to fix it or into the EXACT build. Or, if it was, it wasn't sufficient to fix the actual problem. It happens, it sucks, and it makes everyone involved look bad (including the people that flip tables about it on the forums). Sometimes it's hard to actually make sure that everything that should be in a build is actually there.

Breathe in, breathe out, take some time to meditate, and the game will be back up just fine.

[SIGPIC]Also, this poster rambles.[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Have you filed a ticket with support? Because I guarantee you they'll be more help then posting to the forums will be.

+1 best advice of them all on this thread. Everyone go away, the OP has to stop talking to you so he can resolve his issues with the people that *can* resolve it. As opposed to us.
  • Options
    extreme0extreme0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    We won't be doing any rollbacks! Thanks!

And watch as the thousands of Cheers and cries rain apon Cryptic's Email address.
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

If these issues can be solved and I'm not online, then I thank you.
  • Options
    secirtsecirt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    oh wow, amazing
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Nope they come out next week...?

No, they are out, lower left corner of the screen.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I got 5 horses too and i don't mind if they would do rollback I just want to play the game xD
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lol I said it was gonna be a rollback and voila. I wanted a key so I can get a horsey too but ah was all sold out. Oh well.

You do realize that anyone posting the keys on the AH is marking them up, right?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sabrazesabraze Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    Here chu go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdgt1ZHkvnM

Enjoy it while the servers are down c:

(^='w'=^)
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    haha nice, true what happen before id like cape to with dead horse on the back :D u <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> killed my inferno how dare u

Would it be a dead horse because telling them to fix problems that were reported well before launch is like beating a dead horse? Just wondering...........
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013

Some people got a dozen flaming mounts, and others haven't even logged in yet because they're at work or have chores to do before they can play.

No rollback?

LAWL
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    No rollbacks? Wow...

So we're stuck with a severely screwed up in game economy as a result of someone's oversight?

The fact that the value remained from a test server was an oversight and forgivable in my opinion, but I'm interested to see what they're gonna do to correct a corrupted economy lol

Thank god only one more day until FFXIV...
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sortof wrote: »
    No, they are out, lower left corner of the screen.

I know this, I was being Facetious
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Guys, there are only so many horses you can use at one time, so naturally people will be selling them. Of course they're not going to do a rollback; the market will get saturated to a point where all the people who exploited the boxes will have nothing of any value, which means those of us who DIDN'T abuse the boxes will be rewarded with ridiculously cheap epic mounts in the AH.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, Toenail, it won't be fine!(hope you don't mind the nickname ;D) We must cry and scream "DOOOOOOM" and not apply patience and logic.

We must also threaten to never play again! Then log in the first minute the server's up like the hypocritical gamers that we are!
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013

haha, look how funny quote
  • Options
    hifixhifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    Guys, there are only so many horses you can use at one time, so naturally people will be selling them. Of course they're not going to do a rollback; the market will get saturated to a point where all the people who exploited the boxes will have nothing of any value, which means those of us who DIDN'T abuse the boxes will be rewarded with ridiculously cheap epic mounts in the AH.

Sure so gimme back money from my tiger.
  • Options
    pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited August 2013
    gek1956 wrote: »
    I saw a bigger problem.. ie an out right attack on the zen exchange.... some on spent about 10k $$ in ADs to buy them all up and posted them at 500...... thos efolks are likely to get kicked... prolly ththw WTS gold peeps revenge for kickin their spammers :P

I don't think (think) that was outside the bounds of the game, as the Zen market exchange is controlled by the players, I think it was someone guessing peeps are going to convert/spend a ton o zen and they invested a bunch to corner it... Now, do I think it was not cool, yeah, but hopefully it will drop back after a couple days.
    Ignore me.... 90% of the time I dont care, 10% of the time I am indifferent....
    21.jpg
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Seriously? No rollback?

Lesson learned: Exploit early, exploit often.
  • Options
    dagoniderdagonider Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like how everyone is jumping on the fact that they missed a bug. It happens, they are all human. You would rather they not fix it at all? The fact that once they noticed that there was a huge issue, they jumped on it as fast as they could with whatever fix is coming. I would rather play a game that I know that when something major is up, whether it is a known bug on a test server or not, that the issue is handled. Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In the Beholder shard Kantaso accepting donations if anyone leaves or wants to give me a horse ( I am at work) so I couldnt open any box, so please if anyone has an unwanted horse send to me.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    what is everyone going to do with their new horses? Keep'em? Sale Them?
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    secirtsecirt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I was going to hold off on FFXIV because this game was actually holding my attention. No rollback might be just enough of a nudge I need to give it a solid shot. If it sucks I'll be back, but it could have been avoided.
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    brobora wrote: »

Anyway I'd just like to point out that At-wills and Encounters received by GWF's are hitting for higher damage on the same equip than before the patch. I am NOT amused

/Giggles.
    Let that be true, oh Kelemvor !
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Or you will have to re-install it using the whatever-arc and you will regret! :)

look previous comment from me, to look what kind of joke this company is.
    not that i have quit for that quote.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I read through the posts, and find that people have told you about this bug well before feywild was released, Yet you ignored them, Released it, and now have to take down the servers for hours to fix what should have been done BEFORE the release. Why are you patching a problem, that you where told you had had before you even released the feywild ? I purchased the pack, was excited to spend the day leveling my new moon elf CW, but now, half he day will be gone before I can play because you guys failed to fix a problem you knew you had. This to me, is bad maintenance of a game.

Firstly, don't take anything you see posted by forum posters as the unvarnished truth. There is a lot of false information posted on the board regarding many issues, some of it out of ignorance, some out of hyperbole, and some for the sake of mischief. Secondly, they are implementing a major update to the game. There was a lot more on their plate than fixing one glitch. As such, an oversight of this one issue out of many isn't as indicative of a problem as one might think. Thirdly, neither you or anyone else knows how long this fix will take, so there is no reason to be assuming it will take half a day.

If you get discouraged this easily, you probably shouldn't be playing MMOs at all, as you will be constantly discouraged, by one thing or the other. MMOs don't constantly work with clock-like precision.
  • Options
    norcaltmannorcaltman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    we won't be doing any rollbacks! Thanks!

thank you for the response!!!!!!
  • Options
    theskymootheskymoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    veramis wrote: »
    [Combat]Critical Hit! Cryptic deals 4793 Physical to you with Break the Spirit.

Made me laugh. Thanks :)
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Omg I knew it, no rollback.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You quit? Can I have all ur stuff??
    (in before lock)
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Seriously? No rollback?

Lesson learned: Exploit early, exploit often.

That's what they're teaching, yup. Way to spread good morals and ethics PW :3
This discussion has been closed.