What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What a Nightmare

Comments

• Options
    tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they probably give it to u after, if not contact customer support.
    I hope so. I just wonder why they would delay Zen allocation if they'll do a rollback anyways. It isn't as if I'd have been able to cause any problems with that Zen, I mean.
  • Options
    keiran25keiran25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited August 2013
    Achievement Unlocked: "Beating a dead Nightmare" :P
    Campaign - Fortune Favors the Brave
    *Currently down for a fabulous all expenses paid make over! Converting your tabletop game is certainly a labor of love!*

Will play, test, and review any and all Foundry quests, NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?423981-Anybody-need-play-through-s

"Paranoia is such a childish emotion....your an ADULT for f***s sake, why aren't all your enemies dead by now?!"
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    drakesigar wrote: »
    Every couple of years I either need to change my Internet service provider or end up in a new house and select one. I absolutely dread this time, usually putting it off as long as I can in the case of the former, because not once in 12 years has this gone correctly. I always end up without Internet for the week.

The low feeling an upcoming installation gives me in the pit of my stomach, is exactly the same feeling Cryptic provokes when they say they'll have a major update.

I was wondering where you were going with that
    :/ lol
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I never saw them say they were rolling back? Have you seen this confirmed or just speculating? I am expecting (and hoping) for one too, but not seen anything official.

It's speculating, but very logical speculating. I can't see why there wouldn't be a rollback, due to the servers barely having been restarted. I am assuming they backed everything up before they added Feywild, though.
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    extreme0 wrote: »
    You didn't get a Inferno. You didn't get a inferno. La la la la la la

+1 Lulz.......
  • Options
    darkshogundarkshogun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please donate me heawy inferno nightmare send to @darksquall123
  • Options
    lunaruslunarus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Should I go watch a movie till they get the server back up? lol
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    message just changed fro "emergency update" to 'update"...... what was THAT... ROFLMAO
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That dev said quick fix not rollback so I doubt it will.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I definitely am in the camp that there should be a rollback ... I mean, it's only an hour or so. Yeah, you'd have to recreate your new elf chrs and other little things, but ... well, at any rate, hope they get rid of at least most of all the extra horsies.

Not that I care that much about more horsies running around, but it just seems the "fair" thing to do when an exploit of that magnitude creeps up. If it was a weeks-long thing, maybe I'd feel differently, but such a short rollback doesn't seem unreasonable to do/expect.
  • Options
    rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    AYAYAYAY! ENOUGH with the mindless drivel mang!

What i wanna know is...WHERE is the OFFICIAL statement on this......-___-

WTF is a mang?
  • Options
    goroddgorodd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A rollback is load from the Backup made prior to go live...everything is restored as if nothing happened...that will include Zen. The rollback cannot separate out different data sets without corrupting the game integrity overall. So everything will revert back to as if this never happened...
  • Options
    permag02permag02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This day is going to my sig.
    Equestrian Achievement Unlocked!
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please try to keep the conversation polite folks, its never fun to consign a thread to the depths..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    dagoniderdagonider Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wradasdsad wrote: »
    Indeed. I like when these bugs happen. People exploit them, Perfect World rolls back and rewards those who don't exploit them with something cool like my Caturday Cape. This is why I just sit back, sip some coffee and laugh at the rolling chat of Inferno Mounts.

Dude, I logged in and all I saw was [ADMIN] on my screen. I didn't know what in the world was going on, minus the chat we were having in one of the zones about the Drow and what was changed when suddenly the game just dropped. Haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aladia1732aladia1732 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aladia1732 wrote: »
    They knew it... Posted on 16/08/2013

Original post link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?448281-Lockbox-bug

Again...

As I said they totally ignored it even if it was discovered almost a week ago...
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    keiran25 wrote: »
    Achievement Unlocked: "Beating a dead Nightmare" :P

ROFLMMFAO! I spit coffee out on that one! XD
  • Options
    hifixhifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gorodd wrote: »
    A rollback is load from the Backup made prior to go live...everything is restored as if nothing happened...that will include Zen. The rollback cannot separate out different data sets without corrupting the game integrity overall. So everything will revert back to as if this never happened...

But <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> smell will stay.
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gorodd wrote: »

except some pore souls at cryptic are gonna have real sore ahems :D
  • Options
    natalanenatalane Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    realbo wrote: »
    Right now, there are 2 type of players in NW

1. Player who got a Nightmare horse: "Don't do a rollback"
    2. Player who didn't get a Nightmare horse: "Do a rollback"

Possible ut.. A nightmare horse, i saw some people get em by the dozen. (A) nightmare horse just seems like a understatement :P
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rathma86 wrote: »
    WTF is a mang?

Speak to a latin person, you'll know.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thank you PWE!!!! I was having a terrible day today, just overall bad mood. Then I came to the forum and got to read the MULTIPLE threads about yet another epic failure. Laughing so hard for the last 10 minutes that I can't help but be in a better mood. Once again, thank you!!!!!!
  • Options
    goroddgorodd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> smell will stay :/ and expletives when you see a Nightmare from this point on...
  • Options
    deadlytalondeadlytalon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I read through the posts, and find that people have told you about this bug well before feywild was released, Yet you ignored them, Released it, and now have to take down the servers for hours to fix what should have been done BEFORE the release. Why are you patching a problem, that you where told you had had before you even released the feywild ? I purchased the pack, was excited to spend the day leveling my new moon elf CW, but now, half he day will be gone before I can play because you guys failed to fix a problem you knew you had. This to me, is bad maintenance of a game.
  • Options
    tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can someone with experience in this (I haven't been around for "Caturday", whatever that was.) make an educated guess on how long it might take till the server goes up again? Does it make sense to wait for it or is it better to come back tomorrow?
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Speak to a latin person, you'll know.

Oye! That's not funny, mang.
  • Options
    bezsennybezsenny Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Same happends to me :(
  • Options
    sabrazesabraze Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    *Continues reading this thread since i have nothing better to do due to rollback/maint*

Look a Cookie (,OwO), (:::)
  • Options
    keiran25keiran25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited August 2013
    methuselas wrote: »
    ROFLMMFAO! I spit coffee out on that one! XD

Sorry! ^_^;
    Campaign - Fortune Favors the Brave
    *Currently down for a fabulous all expenses paid make over! Converting your tabletop game is certainly a labor of love!*

Will play, test, and review any and all Foundry quests, NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?423981-Anybody-need-play-through-s

"Paranoia is such a childish emotion....your an ADULT for f***s sake, why aren't all your enemies dead by now?!"
  • Options
    templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Update 4 (10:00AM PDT): We've brought the servers back down for a quick fix. Our goal is to bring them back up by 12PM PDT. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.