Comments

• Options
    hifixhifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ohh 2h break cya.
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Wait till you see the rest of the bugs that will be introduced. This is going to be a mess.
  • Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hifix wrote: »
    No rollback = i quit and delete this game.

see its starting already! lol!! i may need some popcorn might be the best entertainment in a while!
  • Options
    doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    gorodd wrote: »
    A rollback is load from the Backup made prior to go live...everything is restored as if nothing happened...that will include Zen. The rollback cannot separate out different data sets without corrupting the game integrity overall. So everything will revert back to as if this never happened...

Well unfortunately credit card and paypal transactions cannot be *reverted back* very easily. And I am sure a ton of people bought zen to buy keys during this fiasco. A simple revert or restore back all of a sudden isn't quite that easy, when you then need to restore/reload all the zen after the fact as well.
  • Options
    lunaruslunarus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Update 4 (10:00AM PDT): We've brought the servers back down for a quick fix. Our goal is to bring them back up by 12PM PDT. Thank you!

So that's 3pm est? right lol
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Time for a support ticket, yo: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
  • Options
    dorkchopsdorkchops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited August 2013
    well caturday exploit was around for weeks and suddenly ramped up dramatically and it took so long because they had to investigate in depth which diamonds were real and which ones were fake. If all they do this time is just fix the problem and do a server wide rollback to when the patch fired up then it will take 1-2 hours but if they do investigations and try to minimize the rollback then it will take 8 hours+
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tranglec wrote: »
    Can someone with experience in this (I haven't been around for "Caturday", whatever that was.) make an educated guess on how long it might take till the server goes up again? Does it make sense to wait for it or is it better to come back tomorrow?

Lulz..... last time, it was like 12 hours or something? I had forgotten about Caturday. Did anyone bother keeping those stupid capes or that ridiculous mask? Lulz.... I still have the two (useless) XP Boosters they gave me. I didn't need them.
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    I read through the posts, and find that people have told you about this bug well before feywild was released, Yet you ignored them, Released it, and now have to take down the servers for hours to fix what should have been done BEFORE the release. Why are you patching a problem, that you where told you had had before you even released the feywild ? I purchased the pack, was excited to spend the day leveling my new moon elf CW, but now, half he day will be gone before I can play because you guys failed to fix a problem you knew you had. This to me, is bad maintenance of a game.

Cryptic doesn't read their own forums dude. They have "community moderators" and any email from them to Cyptic goes into a junk mail folder, obviously.
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I saw a bigger problem.. ie an out right attack on the zen exchange.... some on spent about 10k $$ in ADs to buy them all up and posted them at 500...... thos efolks are likely to get kicked... prolly ththw WTS gold peeps revenge for kickin their spammers :P
  • Options
    veramisveramis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [Combat]Critical Hit! Cryptic deals 4793 Physical to you with Break the Spirit.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hobieone wrote: »
    see its starting already! lol!! i may need some popcorn might be the best entertainment in a while!

These rage post are the highlight of my day. lol He only said quick fix and not roll back so all the lucky mf's that got horses will have horses.:rolleyes:
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    dray42dray42 Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    aladia1732 wrote: »
    Again...

As I said they totally ignored it even if it was discovered almost a week ago...

But they didn't... it was in the test server *intentionally*, it wasn't a bug in that environment. It only became a bug when they neglected to update it for the live environment. A huge goof on their part, but it's a mistake, these things happen. I think all these people raging about it need to just settle down.
  • Options
    maliangyionmaliangyion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hopefully you learned your lesson about spending money on this game.;)

Dun worry, they will keep "balancing" till all the classes make same damage and has same resistences, so ppl will need to use more cash to make a lil diff.
    In other words, we all gonna be part of a fashion game where the ppl with more money will get the best clothes.
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was already merrily whacking away with my new drow rogue when servers went down.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    hobieone wrote: »

you will definitely want to get some popcorn for sure, this is going to get really good after the servers come back up.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    alagos77alagos77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    ripcity313 wrote: »
    its a free game, and they obviously dont mean for things like this to happen, its obviously not helping there rep but really if you've played multiple MMO's in the past none of them are perfect, they constantly have issues like these. All in all for how new this game is to the company i think they have handled things pretty well.

God.. I can't hear this 'it's a free game' anymore. Players paid money for something and they want and deserve their stuff. They also handled the game pretty horrible so far, at least concerning fixing known bugs and customer support.. so please stop making excuses for them.

That being said, to get the loot you might have to wait a bit longer. The mail doesn't always arrive instantly so give it some time.
  • Options
    sabrazesabraze Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    *Drinks Coffee* 2 hour break
  • Options
    extreme0extreme0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited August 2013
    There are going to be two reactions.

1. Where there is no rollback and everyone who doesn't have a horse will threaten to leave. (But still play the game being a hypocrite.)
    2. Where there is a rollback and everyone who got a horse will threaten to leave. (But still play the game being a hypocrite.)

Whoever Wins, We are getting entertained tonight.
    Current Issues:

1. No option to have Hero of the North title on forum because option does not appear to exist in settings.

If these issues can be solved and I'm not online, then I thank you.
  • Options
    barlion1barlion1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't give a **** about a vanity item. I just want to play the game!!!
  • Options
    pstyle151pstyle151 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Don't leave without giving me your stuff! Blumpkin on Mindflayer ;)
  • Options
    flitser87flitser87 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another example of PWE incompitence...
  • Options
    naexfor20naexfor20 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well at least I can go back to watching Breaking Bad lol
  • Options
    keiran25keiran25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited August 2013
    dray42 wrote: »
    But they didn't... it was in the test server *intentionally*, it wasn't a bug in that environment. It only became a bug when they neglected to update it for the live environment. A huge goof on their part, but it's a mistake, these things happen. I think all these people raging about it need to just settle down.

+over9000 :P
    Campaign - Fortune Favors the Brave
    *Currently down for a fabulous all expenses paid make over! Converting your tabletop game is certainly a labor of love!*

Will play, test, and review any and all Foundry quests, NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?423981-Anybody-need-play-through-s

"Paranoia is such a childish emotion....your an ADULT for f***s sake, why aren't all your enemies dead by now?!"
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I read through the posts, and find that people have told you about this bug well before feywild was released, Yet you ignored them, Released it, and now have to take down the servers for hours to fix what should have been done BEFORE the release. Why are you patching a problem, that you where told you had had before you even released the feywild ? I purchased the pack, was excited to spend the day leveling my new moon elf CW, but now, half he day will be gone before I can play because you guys failed to fix a problem you knew you had. This to me, is bad maintenance of a game.

They havnt fixed issues from OPEN BETA we still have exploits from then. This is the standard practice of this company. They also censor the forum. My posts have been edited before. Literally changed to sound completely different.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We won't be doing any rollbacks! Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    hifixhifix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOL LOL LOL no rollback.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    These rage post are the highlight of my day. lol He only said quick fix and not roll back so all the lucky mf's that got horses will have horses.:rolleyes:

Yep, you are right no rollback. Good Call
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dunn o this is almost as much fun as grindin quests.... :P
  • Options
    infestedqqinfestedqq Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    that awkward moment when all the ragers saying they will quit if there is no roll back are still here when there isnt one because they just wanted attention
This discussion has been closed.