What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What a Nightmare

Comments

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While I get everyone's frustration over no rollbacks, you have to admit it's probably good that they NOT make a snap decision that can't be undone once it's been done, since rushing through things and overlooking stuff is probably what led to this in the first place.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if there is no rollback, I demand a refund for 50+ keys that I bought because I got none epic mount. And now because of glitch, everyone has this mount
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well... at least the inferno will be affordable for a day or 2, lol.
  • Options
    merlin420idmerlin420id Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gdupont wrote: »
    People just get butt hurt cause they lose a few hours of game play. I find it hilarious. There are other things to do and we all know your excited, just take a chill pill. Smoke a bowl or go for a walk!

i agree, reading the massive amounts of people hurt and the many, many smartass comments is much, much, MUCH more entertaining than playing the game i must say.
  • Options
    rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Who cares if no rollback.

You know why they haven't, because they sold a shed ton of zen and also all those mounts are now worthless as there is so many of them.

Oh and yay me for swapping over ad to 10k zen before patch and then selling it at 460 each before servers went down after patch.
    Easy profit.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    extreme0 wrote: »
    134813452665.gif

This really is pretty funny stuff.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I love the launch screen. Under News, we have "Fury of the Feywild is Live", but in the lower left it says, "Neverwinter is down for maintenance."
  • Options
    realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lol sum1 is mad
    Admiralsig.png
  • Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    norcaltman wrote: »
    I don't see this bug by itself <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the entire economy. As a guess, maybe 100 nightmares were gotten due to this issue. It will lower the price of them, but it wont break anything. The price of buying Zen will go back down as soon as people aren't buying it to open boxes.
    Yes / No?
    It won't break much for the playerbase. Seems like Cryptic's entire line of Zen mounts will be pratically worthless now though.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    if there is no rollback, I demand a refund for 50+ keys that I bought because I got none epic mount. And now because of glitch, everyone has this mount
    Oh, you obviously don't know perfect world...

mry1i.jpg
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    The Zen Market.

Real life money is exchanged for Zen, which is exhanged for Astral Diamonds.

How is a rollback EVER going to be possible?

To rollback the server, they would have to refund Zen purchases. Or at least refund the Zen amount that was converted to Astral Diamonds.

However, if they even did so much as that, then people would be left with Zen they didn't need/want due to the reason for getting it was to take part in the exploit in the first place.

So, to even initiate a rollback would mean Cryptic/PE would lose real world money in Zen purchases.

That will NEVER be an acceptable answer to them.

Hence...the bottom line is, whenever there is an exploit. TAKE PART IN IT FAST before it is patched. Don't exclude yourself from using the exploit to gain an advantage over your fellow player, because your fellow player will be using said exploit (hence why all servers saw constant spam of horses being received).

They're never going to ban people from a free to play game. They made MONEY off letting this bug go through to the live game then "emergency patching" it.

Don't you see? Never a rollback, never a penalty to the exploiter, and always let a bug slip through that will cause Zen purchases to go up, absorb a lot of real money in Zen purchases, then patch it up without a rollback or penalty to players.

You see a trend here? Caturday...Flaming Horse Day...the only question is, what will the next exploit day be called?
  • Options
    capnrogerscapnrogers Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am quiting too, can't have 100 millions worth of exploited AD on a few toons and do nowt about it.....TBH I am quite shocked they don't take this seriously and rollback.
  • Options
    meangean88meangean88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GM of Order of the Raven
  • Options
    vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Yeah me too.

We should just make a class action lawsuit :+
    signature-lili.png
  • Options
    sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I don't think anyone expects clock-like precision every time but this is the most incompetent MMO devs that I have seen, and I have played a few MMOs.

Maybe there are (or more pertinently were) worse, but Cryptic is certainly trying their best to surpass them.....

I played WoW during it's initial launch back in Fall 2004 and let me tell you that Cryptic has it together far more than Blizzard did. Considering how new Neverwinter is, it has a remarkably small number of bugs and the amount of down time has been phenomenally low compared to past MMOs I've played that are this new.
  • Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    We won't be doing any rollbacks! Thanks!

Really? No rollbacks or bans for those that exploited this bug?
    So those of us that had nightmares legitimately, or who realized that this was a bug and didn't exploit it are going to be punished by having our infernos made completely worthless while those that exploited the bug get rewarded with being allowed to keep the sometimes dozens of infernos they got while exploiting this bug? Wow... Just wow.
    I have an inferno sitting on the auction house for 1.3 mil AD. I had accidentally purchased it instead of the twilight that I was trying to buy and have been trying to sell/trade it for over a week. I would never have intentionally bought it because the horrendous oranges of the flames are migraine causing. Now suddenly its worth 250k if that so not only am i out the posting price AND the 750k+ but I am stuck with something I cannot use and likely cannot get rid of and I'm supposed to be ecstatic about it? thanks a ton cryptic.
  • Options
    tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    my game is patching,dont know what it will do when its done1
    The server still seems to be down, patch or no patch.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013

This is pretty much how I feel. Apparently the dev team is okay with rewarding exploiters rather than legitimate players.
  • Options
    desgallantdesgallant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    Smell the butthurt.

Likely, it's too much of a hassle to do a rollback - or it's more probable that no point backup existed to do so. Doing a rollback would likely require nothing less than a character server wipe.

That's just not worth standing on a point. The economy will recover, the people who got the nightmares - that must have been a hundred extra? - are a little bit luckier, and the world moves on. Oops, we screwed up - but it didn't break the game, it just made a bunch of people lol.
    Code: NW-DS2NASHFD
    Name: A Long Way Away from Home
    Type: Storyline / Average Combat.
    Time: 10-15 Minutes, depending on whether you like to read or not.
  • Options
    rogatharrogathar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bush League
  • Options
    mysteriousangelxmysteriousangelx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Glad I have my mystic instead :)...*party*
  • Options
    tablomaxostablomaxos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    wjwellerwjweller Member Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    Do they have a jump-to-conclusions mat on the zen market? If so, I'm buying you all one.
  • Options
    methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tranglec wrote: »
    The server still seems to be down, patch or no patch.

Yup, I just finished patching, but it's still down. Also, I just saw the "Last Chance to Open your Lockbox" ad. It made me lulz, really hard.
  • Options
    desgallantdesgallant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    in be4 lock.
    Code: NW-DS2NASHFD
    Name: A Long Way Away from Home
    Type: Storyline / Average Combat.
    Time: 10-15 Minutes, depending on whether you like to read or not.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They have done roll backs before but for this little `Nightmare` issue I don`t think they will as it`s long term effects are not to big in the grand scheme of things, A few thousand mounts don`t mean much overall to a game if it has millions of players - they`ll go the AH cheap and those that want them will get a deal - no biggie
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    I think I see why rollbacks will never be possible...

The Zen Market.

Real life money is exchanged for Zen, which is exhanged for Astral Diamonds.

How is a rollback EVER going to be possible?

To rollback the server, they would have to refund Zen purchases. Or at least refund the Zen amount that was converted to Astral Diamonds.

However, if they even did so much as that, then people would be left with Zen they didn't need/want due to the reason for getting it was to take part in the exploit in the first place.

So, to even initiate a rollback would mean Cryptic/PE would lose real world money in Zen purchases.

That will NEVER be an acceptable answer to them.

Hence...the bottom line is, whenever there is an exploit. TAKE PART IN IT FAST before it is patched. Don't exclude yourself from using the exploit to gain an advantage over your fellow player, because your fellow player will be using said exploit (hence why all servers saw constant spam of horses being received).

They're never going to ban people from a free to play game. They made MONEY off letting this bug go through to the live game then "emergency patching" it.

Don't you see? Never a rollback, never a penalty to the exploiter, and always let a bug slip through that will cause Zen purchases to go up, absorb a lot of real money in Zen purchases, then patch it up without a rollback or penalty to players.

You see a trend here? Caturday...Flaming Horse Day...the only question is, what will the next exploit day be called?
  • Options
    friartukfriartuk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    This is a joke right?

Then give me too 10 Nightmare mount! I didnt wanted to open old lockbox, because i was afraid of banning and rollbacks!
    As they say, fortune favours the brave ;)
    That said, I have never bought a single key. To me, they are a currency sink for the rich and gamblers.
  • Options
    momomonstersmomomonsters Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Roll~ Roll~ Roll your boat~ Gently down the stream~
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll say it again: It hasn't been that long yet. They're going to need more time than that to work out a reasonable way to handle this mess.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
This discussion has been closed.