test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    gefjongefjon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can I remove the Greycloak Legacy enchantment from one item and use it to enchant a higher level item, or is it lost once I upgrade my gear please?
  • Options
    philmanpwphilmanpw Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Question about the Knight of the feywild pack. It says the mount and companion can be used by every character on your account. So does that mean you only get one of each and they are account bound? So if you wanted to use them on character B, you would have to log in character A and mail them to character B? The reason I ask is because with the Guardian of Neverwinter pack, it says that you get one per character.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    gefjon wrote: »
    Can I remove the Greycloak Legacy enchantment from one item and use it to enchant a higher level item, or is it lost once I upgrade my gear please?

The enchantment comes inside your Greycloak weapon but you may take as many as you wish from the Rewards Vendor which can be placed in any offense, defense or utility slot.

philmanpw wrote: »
    Question about the Knight of the feywild pack. It says the mount and companion can be used by every character on your account. So does that mean you only get one of each and they are account bound? So if you wanted to use them on character B, you would have to log in character A and mail them to character B? The reason I ask is because with the Guardian of Neverwinter pack, it says that you get one per character.

Well the wording is actually one per character. This means each character may have one of them in their inventory at any given time. You may also reclaim them from the Rewards Merchant at any time if you choose to discard them for whatever reason or need to claim them on a character created before the purchase of the pack.

So in short the items are Character Bound, not Account Bound, and not only do not need to be transferred between characters but can not be transferred between characters.
  • Options
    onesharpladyonesharplady Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    SECTION VI - SHARDS

What is a Shard?

A shard is a copy of the game world that has its own unique set of characters and guilds. You may team up and play with other characters on the same shard, but not with characters on other shards. Many MMOs have the concept of a shard, and there are several different terms in use for the same concept including Server, World and Realm.

Will Neverwinter have shards?

Yes, Neverwinter will have three shards at launch. The shards will be named:
  • Options
    andre666nzandre666nz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know of any plans to release such a feature at this time. Maybe in the future? :)
    I hope so. Id really like to see how long its taken to progress my character
  • Options
    jagaageothjagaageoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is the website again to check all the neverwinter stuf again? i can remember getting a email from the auction house but i deleted it...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    gintaras3gintaras3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Im registred in a game but I anyway cant login.Pasword or Username are bad. But I now it"s good. What is the problam?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Have you used the one time code, sent to your PWE Registered Email, to that Account Guard requested?

If you are getting an invalid username/password try resetting your password and saying you forgot your username in order to thoroughly check that you are not typing one in incorrectly. :)
  • Options
    tobiladtobilad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I bought a packet of fury and nothing happened or the post office (in the game) or the boyfriend of awards:(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The Fury of the Feywild is a pre-purchase.

Items from the Fury of the Feywild will not be available on the live shard until August 22. Select items will be available on the Preview Shard until then. :)
  • Options
    dynkydynky Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seriously getting annoyed.

I have been trying to pre-order a Knight of the Feywild pack today. I tried with Paypal and it keeps saying my transaction cannot be completed please return to the merchant and try a different method. I tried with Skrill and it says it doesn't process payments from Illinois. What is going on?
  • Options
    vigilantejusticevigilantejustice Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Questions I did not see the answer too and have searched:

What are the skills of the Sylph? What are the item slots for Fairy and the Rock? Is the rock purple as well?

Thanks.
  • Options
    cthulhujr14cthulhujr14 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I bought a Fury pack, and I was just curious how getting the new race works.

Basically, I wanted to use the Moon Elf to create a control wizard. Do I need to use my existing characters to open the race through the Rewards vendor, or will it automatically be available at the character screen? Same with the extra character slot, is that automatically available or something you open from a vendor?

Thanks for the clarifications!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Questions I did not see the answer too and have searched:

What are the skills of the Sylph? What are the item slots for Fairy and the Rock? Is the rock purple as well?

Thanks.

The Sylph's powers are Buffeting Wings (a ranged single target attack w/ 1.5 second cooldown), Dazzling Sunray (A higher damage ranged single target attack that also dazes the foe w/ 10 second cooldown, but the daze can only go off once every 25 seconds), and Kindling Wind (the rank 30 passive that adds a DoT to Dazzling Sunray). She has 2 offense and 1 defense rune slots. Her item slots are 2 rings and 1 waist.

The Stone of Earth is a blue neck item with no level requirement and provides 13 defense and deflection. It is not a companion.
    I bought a Fury pack, and I was just curious how getting the new race works.

Basically, I wanted to use the Moon Elf to create a control wizard. Do I need to use my existing characters to open the race through the Rewards vendor, or will it automatically be available at the character screen? Same with the extra character slot, is that automatically available or something you open from a vendor?

Thanks for the clarifications!

Both are unlocked automatically once Fury of the Feywild is released.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dynky wrote: »
    Seriously getting annoyed.

I have been trying to pre-order a Knight of the Feywild pack today. I tried with Paypal and it keeps saying my transaction cannot be completed please return to the merchant and try a different method. I tried with Skrill and it says it doesn't process payments from Illinois. What is going on?

Are you still having this issue? Sorry for the late reply but this thread isn't always the fastest way to get support for an issue such as yours. If I don't give a speedy response contact support! ;)

@ vigilantejustice and cthulhurjr14,
    dardove gave great answers to each. Let me know if you would like any further clarification. :)
  • Options
    bryanjudithbryanjudith Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please help me it took me 2 days now for patching and i really really want to try this game can anyone want to help me?
    Please Please :(:(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just let it continue to run. Since the new expansion is coming out next week and players pre-patching the servers may be a bit backed up at times but it will download in time.

Sorry about the inconvenience!
  • Options
    tanvir5tanvir5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i done 6 skirmish and 1 dungeon but not getting my ad reward from rex.
    I m missing 9000ad reward
    don't understand what is going on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You have to do the skirmish and dungeon he assigns you which would be the skirmish and dungeon at your level range.

If he gives you a daily quest to do Frozen Heart you can't do Cloak Tower to get credit for the quest. The same concept applies to skirmishes.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I bought the Knight of the Feywild pack, which apparently comes with a bunch of gifts for other PWE games, but I didn't get an email with codes in it like I did for the Hero of the North gifts. Are they automatically applied to my account now, or did the email get lost? I had a problem purchasing my Knight of the Feywild pack, and didn't get any emails about it because it didn't apply correctly. Support applied it correctly for me so I could access the in-game items on the test shard, but I still didn't get any emails.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I am not sure how those codes are awarded I am afraid. You can always contact support though and they will be more than happy to either send the e-mail or explain the details of the extra perks.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would wait until August 23rd to complain about those code. I'm guessing they won't mail them out until the 22nd since the rest of the stuff is supposed to be unlocked on the 22nd.

That is unless there is someone out there that got the codes for the other games already. I know I haven't yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks dardove! I am a bit strapped for cash ATM so I actually haven't purchased a pack yet so I have absolutely no experience with the Knight of the Feywild Purchase.
  • Options
    valindriusvalindrius Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The Sylph's powers are Buffeting Wings (a ranged single target attack w/ 1.5 second cooldown), Dazzling Sunray (A higher damage ranged single target attack that also dazes the foe w/ 10 second cooldown, but the daze can only go off once every 25 seconds), and Kindling Wind (the rank 30 passive that adds a DoT to Dazzling Sunray). She has 2 offense and 1 defense rune slots. Her item slots are 2 rings and 1 waist.

The Stone of Earth is a blue neck item with no level requirement and provides 13 defense and deflection. It is not a companion.

Dang it. I thought the Stone of Earth was like an Ion Stone. That's kind of annoying. I can't see any use for that for any toon. If it was an augment companion then it made sense.
  • Options
    rillusionrillusion Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why can't the launcher not authenticate, and can't connect my account to the server?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Make sure your firewall isn't blocking the launcher from internet access.
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    SECTION IX - FURY OF THE FEYWILD PACKS

How do I claim my Fury of the Feywild items in-game?

After you complete the tutorial, you can claim your Fury of the Feywild items from the in-game mail.

How do I pick up my Feywild Starter Pack?

First, you must complete the tutorial, and then you must speak to the Reward Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave order to claim your Feywild Starter Pack. The Reward Claims Agent is in the Hall of Justice, on the left side.

Please elaborate on this tutorial for claiming the Knight Of The Feywild Pack.

Thank you
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm not sure how that could be expanded further other than including screenshots of locations?

Do note that the items will not be available other than on the Preview Shard until August 22 (Thursday).
  • Options
    darkviper1996darkviper1996 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    when will the drow come u guys said that it will be in on August 20 , and it did not come in pls don't be mean to me I am just asking
This discussion has been closed.