test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Is there any update on a date for when vanilla drow will be available for all?

The Drow race will remain exclusive to Hero of the North pack purchasers for at least 60 days after the game's launch on June 20 (so, August 20 or later), though the specific date regarding when the regular, non-Menzoberranzan Drow will be available has not been announced yet.

The Drow were never stated to be released August 20. That was the earliest they would be out. ;)

However a few hours ago this thread was posted by Sominator. Vanilla Drow will be released tomorrow.
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    baeyorn wrote: »
    Please elaborate on this tutorial for claiming the Knight Of The Feywild Pack.

Thank you

It's not a tutorial for claiming the Knight Of The Feywild Pack, you just need to complete the regular tutorial (Beach -> Bridge) before arriving in the Enclave and gaining access to the Mail system and Reward Claims Agent.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    darkviper1996darkviper1996 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thank you again
  • Options
    lakoollakool Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i have not recieved mine.........no mail or anything no moon elf.. i have the recipt on this pwe account
  • Options
    bubettebubette Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Never recieved my moon elf raceor my 600,000 astral diamonds from the Knight of the Feywild pack.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Moon Elf Should be an option under the Feywild Elves slot and the Astral Diamonds can be redeemed from within the Zen Exchange (look for the glowing icon at the top of the screen)

If they are not able to claimed from their appropriate locations I am afraid you will have to contact support.
    I can't assist players passed directing you where to claim the in game items/services. :(
  • Options
    ladynightroadladynightroad Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sweet pack so far aside from the helper pack being for only one char..

Also if we purchase a starter pack how long would it generally take to get into our accounts?
  • Options
    aeonsageaeonsage Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since I am at this time unble to begin a post of my own I will try asking this herer.

I have noticed the the GWF does not have a Shirt/Pants upgrade tree as the other classes. Is this an oversight or was it intentional?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    aeonsage wrote: »
    Since I am at this time unble to begin a post of my own I will try asking this herer.

I have noticed the the GWF does not have a Shirt/Pants upgrade tree as the other classes. Is this an oversight or was it intentional?

Mailsmithing
  • Options
    zippy6699zippy6699 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can someone tell me why when i try to make a character the game logs me out, makes me sit through a video, and makes me log back in every time
  • Options
    hammergalhammergal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello. I just downloaded the game and can't log in. it keeps crashing with a cryptic error handler window. How do I fix this? Thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    zippy6699 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why when i try to make a character the game logs me out, makes me sit through a video, and makes me log back in every time
    hammergal wrote: »
    Hello. I just downloaded the game and can't log in. it keeps crashing with a cryptic error handler window. How do I fix this? Thank you.

These sound like a similar issues.
    First off you can press escape to skip the opening video!

As for the logging out immediately upon your first login, that is completely abnormal and I do not have the slightest idea what would cause that. Try adjusting your video settings and/or disabling On Demand Patching (found in the launcher options) and file a bug report and/or support ticket if it continues.

That is an error I have never seen in conjunction with simply logging in.

Also we are going to have maintenance in the morning (7 AM PDT) which should hopefully resolve a lot of stability issues which have occurred since the release of Fury of the Feywild. Be sure to check back then and, finger's crossed, the issues you both are facing will be resolved.
  • Options
    wilswilswilswils Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have bought Knight of the feywild.
    I recieved mail that confirmed my purchase. Where the heck is my Knight of the feywild pack?
    Lord Killington, enough said.
  • Options
    aeonsageaeonsage Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Mailsmithing
    Thank you...makes it a bit confusing when the GWF uses Plate armor that the shirt/pants are mail. Not sure of the point to that, all other classes have their armors and shirts under the same profession.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    wilswils wrote: »
    I have bought Knight of the feywild.
    I recieved mail that confirmed my purchase. Where the heck is my Knight of the feywild pack?

Have you followed the instructions in the FAQ?
  • Options
    vincerttvincertt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I see everyone have new foundry editor so... Why do I see old one?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The 'new' editor is still the old one with more functions.

You have to preview the map and select "Editing Mode." The old layout is still the default system.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What does the phrase "refresh chill" means?

Add chill?
  • Options
    bukayo101bukayo101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    where can i download the patch?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    What does the phrase "refresh chill" means?

Add chill?

That's a question best posed in the Library (class forums)

I don't actively play a wizard but I believe it means that it resets the timer on chills to extend the chill stacks.

bukayo101 wrote: »
    where can i download the patch?

As soon as you log into the launcher it will patch. :)
  • Options
    shadow07791shadow07791 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    can't play the game cause it is not working right for me to do anything, the game play is slow and freezing a lot,it been like this for weeks now.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I suggest you try out the tech support forums.

However you will need to supply your hardware information. If you don't supply your system specs the possible reasons could range from Melf's Acid Arrow melting your computer to your computer having the brain power of an ogre. ;)
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    One of my original guild members is quitting over the required ARC platform. He says it is no more than tracking spyware and refuses to allow this intrusion.
    Is there a workaround to allow him to reinstall without the ARC program? He says it is a new hurtle and I hate to lose him or any players that have to reinstall and now have this to jump over.
    Thanks
  • Options
    sweepitsweepit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    is it possibel to reset skillpoints
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    One of my original guild members is quitting over the required ARC platform. He says it is no more than tracking spyware and refuses to allow this intrusion.
    Is there a workaround to allow him to reinstall without the ARC program? He says it is a new hurtle and I hate to lose him or any players that have to reinstall and now have this to jump over.
    Thanks
    I know it's possible to delete the thing after install, but not sure if it's possible to install without it. Theoretically - yes, since you basically install the launcher (and probably a few more core files) and DL the rest after logging in... Perhaps sending these files to your friend would solve the issue - the question is what exactly is needed.

Sorry it's not much, but hope it helps. Definitely do report back if you figure it out. Thanks!
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    I know it's possible to delete the thing after install, but not sure if it's possible to install without it. Theoretically - yes, since you basically install the launcher (and probably a few more core files) and DL the rest after logging in... Perhaps sending these files to your friend would solve the issue - the question is what exactly is needed.

Sorry it's not much, but hope it helps. Definitely do report back if you figure it out. Thanks!

Thanks ausdorrt, I'll forward your suggestion. Sounds like it might be his solution.
  • Options
    princessmonkey15princessmonkey15 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Will druids be added? If they are, when do you think they'll be available?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Will druids be added? If they are, when do you think they'll be available?

Cryptic plans to add as many classes as they can to the game but there's no time frame on any specific class.

All we know at this point in time is they hope to have at least one more class available in the game by the end of the year and that the class will be a ranged class.
  • Options
    ukhenryukhenry Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry its a huge list this is probably mentioned but how does the currency work on this game? I am only level 17 and I noticed everything is worth these crystal shards. Or could somebody point me to the right section that covers everything about currency as it makes no sence to me all I generally know about the game right now is quests class stats and gear to look for, I know I could just read the whole guide but It is not going to sink in as I am pretty new 1 step at a time.
  • Options
    presenceabsence1presenceabsence1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please contact the game creators to input eye blinking module for player characters and AI since it is uncommon for a game of such magnitude to not have the qwuality standards od reality similarities.

THANKS
This discussion has been closed.