test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Archive] Neverwinter Extended FAQ

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    They are not selling a new class in the Knight of the Feywild Pack.
  • Options
    veloxishotveloxishot Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This was probably already asked, but will the items be available to my current characters as well? Surely I wouldn't need to start at level 1 just to get the items, when I already have a level 60 of the same class?
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    veloxishot wrote: »
    This was probably already asked, but will the items be available to my current characters as well? Surely I wouldn't need to start at level 1 just to get the items, when I already have a level 60 of the same class?

All items which are available to every character will be available to every character.
    Items which may only be put on one character may be placed on old characters but might not be the best plan. ;)
  • Options
    veloxishotveloxishot Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All items which are available to every character will be available to every character.
    Items which may only be put on one character may be placed on old characters but might not be the best plan. ;)

So the aura, bag, mount, outfit, etc. will all be available on all my characters, both already created and brand new?! AWESOME! THANK YOU
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Aura, mount, outfit, yes.
    The bag which comes from the starter pack is a one time use. Yes you can use that on any character but you wouldn't want the experience buffs on a level 60.
  • Options
    arcaisarcais Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They are not selling a new class in the Knight of the Feywild Pack.
    Okies, they are not selling a new class with the pack. Thank you for the clarification. Is one being released with the new content?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    No the new class is not being released yet.
  • Options
    forsakendragon19forsakendragon19 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    when does the Drow come out
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    when does the new class come out?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Drow - Not until at least August 20. Please read the FAQ. ;)

New Class - There are no details on when new classes will arrive yet.
  • Options
    ikyeagerikyeager Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there a plan to introduce a housing system in to the game and or a construction system. D&D and AD&D had such systems in the game if you wished to use them. A number of computer games have used these systems to draw player in further and increase retention.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ikyeager wrote: »
    Is there a plan to introduce a housing system in to the game and or a construction system. D&D and AD&D had such systems in the game if you wished to use them. A number of computer games have used these systems to draw player in further and increase retention.

There are no plans currently, at least not that has been confirmed by the developers.
  • Options
    stockyfrog14stockyfrog14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any chance these packs could be made buy-able with the same options as buying zen? I can buy the Perfect world cards and ultimate game cards, but I don't have a credit card...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't have an official answer to that but considering the same request was made for the Neverwinter Founder's Packs and the packs are still purchase only I am assuming no.

However you may purchase a pre-paid Visa, Master or other such card and use that to make the purchase.
  • Options
    xp520xp520 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi I a player from malaysia.Sorry to intterupt but I have a question to ask that my friend and I want to play neverwinter using different comp but same Ip address but at inside I cant saw him so what is the problem here and how I solve it?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You should be able to play with people from the same IP Address.

The issue is more than likely that you are not on the same shard or instances.
    First make sure you are on the same Shard (Mindflayer, Beholder or Dragon).

Then make sure that you are in the same map instance as your friend. Each instance can only support so many players so there are generally dozens of instances of the same zone. You can check your map instance by hovering your cursor over the gray or blue rock icon which is on the top right hand side of the mini-map. When the icon is blue you can click on the icon in order to switch instances and you should be able to find your friend.

Alternatively if you join a party with your friend you will automatically get placed into the same instance when switching zones.

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    umbradayha09umbradayha09 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When I go to log into Neverwinter, it crashes on me. It says, "Opps! Your Cryptic Application Application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." I've completed it 5 times and it still doesn't work. I've been through the FAQs. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    When I go to log into Neverwinter, it crashes on me. It says, "Opps! Your Cryptic Application Application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." I've completed it 5 times and it still doesn't work. I've been through the FAQs. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Repair the files. You can also try booting in Safe Mode (Found under the launcher options) and changing instances before rebooting the game up normally. (This will reset your graphics settings BTW)

Worst comes to worse you could also re-install the game.

If this doesn't work post in the Tech Support Forums as my knowledge in such matters is a bit limited compared to theirs. :)
  • Options
    hrehhreh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How can i watch ingame items in 3D? There is bunch of 3D screenshots on official wiki like this:
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/File:StalwartBulwarkHelm.jpg
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/File:StalwartBulwark%27sArmorFemale.jpg
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/File:StalwartBulwarkGauntlets.jpg
    Where they come from? I want to print screen all sets like this to make a little 3d-model database. Is there any function as "Watch in 3d" or something?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    how much would 125 zen coin be on a credit card?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Each Zen is one cent so $1.25.
  • Options
    clemclemmclemclemm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why not reward the current founders...instead of selling another pack. Just seems a bit...money greedy
  • Options
    tranglectranglec Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm trying to auction off a companion but it doesn't work. When I try to drag the companion symbol into the window for consignments, a window pops up telling me that it costs a few thousand AD to unbind the companion. When I click on "OK" that window disappears but nothing else happens.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    clemclemm wrote: »
    Why not reward the current founders...instead of selling another pack. Just seems a bit...money greedy

That is not something I can answer, sorry.

tranglec wrote: »
    I'm trying to auction off a companion but it doesn't work. When I try to drag the companion symbol into the window for consignments, a window pops up telling me that it costs a few thousand AD to unbind the companion. When I click on "OK" that window disappears but nothing else happens.

There is currently no way to unbind any bound items including companions.
  • Options
    fogenfogen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is Arc required to play Neverwinter?

Arc is an easy-to-use platform that gives you access to all of Perfect World Entertainment[/QUOTE]

Doesn't actually answer the question .... is it required or not? I'm still confused lol
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Excellent catch!
    That's been there since the original post back in February and nobody else has noticed haha.

The text which was copy and pasted into that post there must have had one of the diagonal apostrophes which gives the forums stomach aches so it truncated the answer. It's supposed to be "Perfect World Entertainment's Games...[missing text]..."

In short the answer to that question is no, it is not required. I'll have to ask them what they intended the wording to actually be though and I'll edit it in when I find out.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    fogen wrote: »
    Is Arc required to play Neverwinter?

Arc is an easy-to-use platform that gives you access to all of Perfect World Entertainment

Doesn't actually answer the question .... is it required or not? I'm still confused lol[/QUOTE]

No, Arc is not required at this time.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • Options
    hatertater27hatertater27 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So me and my friend downloaded this game in hope of playing together, we both can run the game without any problems and its smooth but when we set a destination to meet up, we can't see each other... why?
    and also we can't seem to form a party.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    First, are you on the same shard? Mindflayer, Dragon and Beholder are the three different shards. On is selected for each character you make upon character selection.
    If you are not on the same shard those characters will not be able to meet in game until after the shards are merged.

Secondly you must be in the same instance. Each zone has multiple instances so simply going to the same location does not mean you are going to the exact same location. There can be several dozen instances of Protector's Enclave alone at any given time so you must make sure you are not only in the same zone but the same instance. You can change your instance by clicking on the blue icon on the top-right of the mini map two minutes after you join an instance.

Hopefully this helps you out. Have fun! :)
  • Options
    gladltgladlt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
This discussion has been closed.